|Alright, I was thinking of something good for the 4th Multi-Designer project and this fresh idea should bring it back to life. Usually when I think of these projects, they are usually about being part of a big team and taking turns making a story. However it usually feels like waiting along time to finally make a mission or the story drags on. Also most the time people who join late, often do not get to really participating in making a mission. That is why I am coming up with something fresh to encourage more team work and allow more people to work on missions at one given time.|
I am thinking of a story (Possible a Survival Horror MP) that will have 3 different protagonists. The idea is that there will also be 3 different teams, 1 for each protagonist. Each protagonist's story will be very different from each other and they will eventually all cross over.
- The designers will be broken up into 3 teams with 4-8 people in each team and your team will focus on the story for the one of the protagonists.
- This idea is to help encourage more team work with a smaller team and reduce the waiting time for your turn to finally design a mission.
- Very similar to the old projects, the designer can take the story in any direction as he wants as long as it follows the story of the previous mission, however only for that team .
- Eventually around the end of Ch.2, the protagonists may decide to meet up, and while you will still be part of your team, the missions maybe more fluid and interact with each other.
- The way the chapters may work is they will match in the same timeline. (ex. Chapter 1 for Protagonist 1 will match up in time with Chapter 1 for Protagonist 2 and 3.
I don't want to change the original rules too much, but I think it is time we need something more fresh.
-The way the teams should be broken up with is not final, but I was thinking of something like a raffle/vote. You guys would pm your 1st and 2nd choices of what protagonist/team you want, then I will see who sent the pms first and they will get priority over their first choices. Hopefully the protagonists can be equally skilled so the votes would even out. No one would know who will work with who and it will be a surprise!
Some of you might say I grabbed inspiration from GTA V, but that was pure coincidence. I actually was thinking more about Designer's Chronicles and Resident Evil 6 story (hence the Survival Horror suggestion), but I am not limited to that.
Leave your thoughts guys, tell me if you like this idea and want to see it happen or if it will suck and fail and should burn in the fiery pit of hell.
Your responses will decide whether a discussion topic should be made or not
Anyway I got a few responses, some think it is a great idea. So let's discuss it! Even though I came up with a kind of horror survival/ apacolypse idea, I want to hear any other themes you guys might be interested. So in this topic we could discuss
1. What general theme should we have? (Zombie Survival Horror, Gangster, Mafia, Military, Police, Assassin, Adventure, Puzzle etc)
2. What could be the basic story?
3. Descriptions about our 3 protagonists for the teams- Each protagonist should be equally appealing to everyone. That way everyone has at least 1 favorite protagonist. They also could have some advantages and disadvantages about how they start off.
I will edit if I think we should discuss more.
I had some ideas about example protagonists if we went with the Zombie like apocalypse theme and let it be an example how they may start off completely in a different situation as another. My idea for the story would be similar to Resident Evil, Walking Dead, and some of the Zombie servers on SA-MP
|Protagonist #1 - He is someone who just came back from a vacation from LV going back to Los Santos in a car with a friend driving, he falls asleep and when he wakes up he is in a car accident with his friend missing and has no idea what is happening.- kind of fits the Leon Kennedy role from the earlier Resident Evil Games|
Protagonist #2 might wake up in a police station after some late night party, he will be a police officer with some skill about a gun and kind of fits a Rick Grimes from Walking Dead or little like Chris Redfield role.
Protagonist #3 might be a prisoner on death row or did some horrible crime and he manage to escapes the prison as the outbreak happens. He is the balanced between both other roles with some knowledge. I would say something along the lines like Merle from the Walking Dead, or someone who knows little knowledge but not everything.
While the examples are male characters, the protagonists can either be male or female.
Anyway, Let me hear your guys' thoughts and what you guys think