Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why is the PC version so prone to Troubleshooting?

5 replies to this topic
GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Seemingly, 99.9% of the topics in this section pertain to the PC whereas very few pertain to the PS3, PS2 or XBOX.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

Shoddy PC port, modding by unexperienced people, CLEO, ASI plugins, etc...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

You should also consider that the Consoles are dedicated machines for the purpose of playing games, until recently.
While the IBM Clones and Apple MACs were designed for business applications, modified for games. The PC has many variables in the Hardware and Program settings. The Consoles have cookie cutter hardware and programing.
And if you haven't noticed Many more problems with Download games from the various Console vendors are appearing, and few of those seem to have clear Fixes, by the responses.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

The cascade of topics lately has answered my question: it's because of pirates; it's because pirating the PS2, PS3, XBOX & XBOX 360 is impossible.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Not only that but any problems in the console versions are hardly fixable, it's usually a scratched disk or a corrupted save. For PC you have a myriad of things to try and do to troubleshoot your problem.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

One time, I accidentally kept the system flap open overnight, thus resulting in this occasional popup during game-play: "The disc tray is open. Please close the disc tray" despite it being closed.

Another time, I used two Action Replay codes together; both of which shouldn't have been activated simultaneously. Doing so resulted in random game crashing. The perceived solution: erasing the memory card, or so you'd think. I tried deleting it and received this popup: "delete failed". Not only that, the San Andreas icon in the memory file was distorted. In essence, there's no solution to corrupted data; instead, you need a new memory card.

Typically, scratched discs didn't even allow the game to load for me. The only console bug with a known fix is the Madd Dogg basketball bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users