Appreciation for LCS

17 replies to this topic
The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

All I see around the forum is hate for GTA LCS. Why is that? Were peoples' expectations too high? GTA LCS is pretty much on par with GTA III on every aspect, yet people critisize LCS? I just want to know why?

No, the soundtrack was good. Don't use that excuse.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

The soundtrack was amazing, I loved Flashback FM. Same goes for the story, it was as interesting as III's in my opinion.

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Never much liked the soundtrack much except for MSX 98 and Rise FM. Personally i love LCS more when it comes to cheatdevice and it lets you to explore the game more. LCS is my 3rd favorite.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

LCS was a pretty underrated game and it was mainly due to the fact that peopleís expectations were too high. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was the game released before it in the series and that is over half of the forum membersí favourite game, so when LCS was released people felt that it was a down-step in the series but people like me donít. The main reason I donít was because it was made for PSP which meant it was never going to live up to the PS2 titles. At the end of the day PSP was in no comparison with PS2 in 2005. Now letís compare the game to GTA III (Bear in mind GTA III is my favourite in the whole series). The map lacked a tunnel which for many GTA fans was a main transportation link to Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale. In its place was the ferry system which was still OK for transporting to Staunton Island but it didnít go to Shoreside Vale meaning you would have to take other routes from the Staunton ferry depot. Iíll tell you why this was a problem, itís the same flaw that happened in SA, taking extra time to travel just for a mission (In SA, the Badlands missions made players get p*ssed. Especially when they had to meet Catalina on the other side of the countryside). The rest of the map is great and I love the new interiors. In GTA III, gameplay was slightly limited as Rampages, Side Missions (Gripped etc), Hidden packages and Toyz Vans were the only outside of story things to do. In LCS you had f*cking loads to do from Slash TV to Cars Salesman. It also brought back Hidden Packages and rampages to add to the excitement. Finally, the storyline. GTA III had a tense storyline as you never knew what was around the corner (due to drastic changes to characters and bosses) but in LCS you get to see what working for the mafia really is like. In my opinion GTA III had the better story but LCSís was almost as good because of the new types of missions and new look on the city of Liberty City. Also, the soundtrack is better than GTA IIIís aswell (Just thought Iíd add that)

To Answer your question:
QUOTE (Pizza Delivery Guy)
Were peoples' expectations too high?

Yes.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

I played LCS a sh*tload on my PSP. I kinda enjoyed it, I didn't get very far though, I sucked at the game.

Anyways I think the main thing LCS didn't do very well was the whole atmosphere. When you first set foot in III's LC you instantly know it's a gritty, scary and messed up place. From the hardcore gangster rap, trance music and MCing, to the streets filled with heavily armed gangsters and the dark streets, it had a good atmosphere.

In LCS this was toned down. The SA graphical style took away the grittiness. The soundtrack really wasn't as good. The Liberty Jam was quite meh compared to Game. Rise and MSX were nowhere near as good, save for Renegade Snares.

In contrast though, there were alot more side activities. The Car Dealership missions gave you a chance to test out the faster cars earlier in the game which was cool to do. Lack of a tunnel was slightly annoying though. I'd rather max out my Banshee through the tunnel blasting Renegade Snares than watch it stroll by on a ferry.

But yeah I don't see why there's hate. It's basically GTA III with a sh*tload added and a few things changed/removed.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

I absolutely love LCS. It's not my favorite GTA, but it's still amazing to me. I still play it on my PS2 to this day. I enjoy cruising around Shoreside Vale in my Forelli Exsess causing a bit of havoc. I love everything about LCS. I also think it had a good storyline. The vehicles, soundtracks, and characters are great, too. People just hate on the game so much because it wasn't as good as they expected. Everybody expected it to be as big as SA was.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

I don't see why the hate too honestly dude, LCS was my most played game on the PSP even more than VCS and any of the first games I ever bought on it. The story was pretty great, I liked it more than VCS and probably more than San Andreas (IMO), the gameplay was also superb with the different missions that don't feel like they were copy and pasted over and over, they have a lot of variety and are very unique (the bridge jumping to Staunton Island comes to mind).

It was also my first ever GTA that I owned for myself, it will forever be one of my favorites in the series.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

What appreciation? mercie_blink.gif

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

LCS is the best GTA ever made in my eyes. I enjoyed it so much. It was my childhood and my first GTA.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

I still remember the first time I played GTA LCS. I started the first mission and left Vinnie behind because I discovered on that first mission you can't get a wanted level. Ah the memories.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 04:15)
I still remember the first time I played GTA LCS. I started the first mission and left Vinnie behind because I discovered on that first mission you can't get a wanted level. Ah the memories.

I've played LCS numerous times, and I didn't know that.

I was playing LCS when I had my first asthma attack, which is how I discovered that I actually had asthma. I was driving around running over people in Red Light District.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Also, I can't really find a reason to like III more, I honestly think it's the fact LCS wasn't a PC title, and that GTA III was, combined with nostalgia. Overall, LCS is the better game, no? The protagonist is more human, the characters are more related to Toni, they're more interactive, the missions where pretty cinematic. Killing 20 men with a machete is nothing to ignore. I'll always love it, and that's all that matters to me.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

@Mr_Leone - I don't think it's that GTA III is liked more but more that LCS was released after San Andreas and people carried a high expectation

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

LCS was my first GTA and I liked it. I remember when first time I played it, I used cheats to get to Shoreside Vale and then when I unlocked it with no cheats it looked different. The only thing I hate is that the damn tunnel is not appearing. I really want to enter Old Subway outside of mission and have actually a place to exit the tunnel without falling in unlimited loop. I'm still playing it and now im discovering secrets of it. Did you ever wonder what's outside the barrier? Whenever I used CheatDevice to cross it, PSP crashes.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

I wonder what will happen in 2015 when LCS turns 10. Will it get any type of special consideration or just a news article?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Crosses fingers for PC release...

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

I can't believe so many people actually hate LCS. It's an absolutely amazing game. I kinda forgot how great it was until I've started playing a bit more tonight.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

@DropThaSystem - That's because everyone has their own opinion. Personally, there is not a game in the GTA series I hate (I've never played Advance but I don't think I'd like it)
BabeRuth is a prime example of a user who doesn't like this game. In fact, he hates a lot of GTA Games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users