Photo

Master Effect 1.0 [ENBSeries shader]

150 replies to this topic
Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by Marty McFly, 18 March 2013 - 05:57 PM.

user posted image
ENBSeries Multipass effect.txt shader plugin
for ENBSeries 0.076 GTA San Andreas

Dafuq what is this?

ENBSeries is able to load an additional shader, the effect.txt; with this handy little thing pixel shaders can be executed which can apply many effects and image modifications. The effect.txt's of the generic ENB versions before GTA IV ENB were extremely limited in the scope of functions due to singlepass only support, that means not much effects could be combined (other than GTA IV, Skyrim etc, these ENB's can have dozens of really advanced shaders).. Finally, after request, ENBSeries 0.076 San Andreas was released which as along with some other stuff, multipass support like the "big brothers" of GTA IV etc. Now, advanced shaders like Depth of Field and many other ones are possible (some of them were possible before this new version came out but no one implemented them). Master Effect should combine most of them. You get many new shaders, and you don't have to choose which effect you want if you have two which you'd like to see in your game.

What do I need to use it?

(I am not responsible if your game crashes, you do this on your own risk. It works for me and most of the modders out there, keep that in mind. But of course feel free to post questions and ideas here.)

If you have ideas how to improve the mod, think I didn't explain something correct or did a mistake (or two (or three)), please feel free to tell me those smile.gif

ENBSeries 0.076 (download here: http://www.mediafire...gkb67tu4wj1r6v1 I'm not providing the original link because of some stupid direct linking protection)

Copy the d3d9.dll, enbseries.ini and my effect.txt to your SA main dir.
For correct calculation for some of the effects make sure "AlternativeDepth" is set to 0 in enbseries.ini!
Now start your game, minimize it, open up the effect.txt and start enabling effects, changing values etc. Every value is documented.

If you want to enable an effect, remove // before #define [Effect], if you want to disable
it again, put two slashes before the #define [Effect].
Enabled effect: #define [Effect]
Disabled effect: //#define [Effect]

Features:

Image Grain

Grain (or Noise) is important to make your image look more real. In reality, if you look at a dark place, nothing is completely uniformly black or dark colored, there's a slight variety in color and brightness which changes really fast, like a TV with no signal but much lower. This shader adds it.

Dither

San Andreas is a non-HDR game. Therefore gradients aren't smooth because the color range isn't that much. Here's for better explanation: if you can go only steps of 1, a stair of 1 to 10 goes like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. but if your single step is bigger than one pixel on the screen ( e.g. 3) it looks like that: 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 7 8 8 8 9 9 9 10 10 10. Some pixels next to the other have the same colors which result in so-called LDR artifacts. e.g. the sky is tiled into bars of the same colors. This is a picture with not much color steps, and to be honest, this looks like sh*t:

user posted image

Dither tries to interpolate between the borders of two color levels to simulate more colors SA can output/your display can show. It's like if your screen can only show black or white, dither would create a chessboard, which looks viewed from distance greyish.

Vibrance

Vibrance intelligently saturates (or desaturates if using negative values) depending on their original saturation. Pixels with less saturation get more saturation than pixels whose original saturation was already high.

Chromatic Abberation and Lens Distortion

Lens Distortion adds a Fish-eye effect but before I jabber for 5 hourse, pictures tell more than words:

Lens Distort:
user posted image
Chromatic Abberation:
user posted image

Fast-Approximate Anti Aliasing (FXAA) v3

A non-optimized rendered image of a 3d application often has jaggy edges on borders of objects, which look like stairs and also like sh*t. Anti Aliasing tries to find a balance between blurring an image to cover these jaggy edges and keeping the sharpness. The FXAA here is more performance-friendly than the ingame Anti Aliasing and is compatible to the ENBSeries MRTRendering which improves performance of an enb config.

user posted image

HDR

This is no actual HDR, DKT70, the author of this shader called it like this. It features:

- fog color, boosts red, green or yellow
- exposure control (brightens up screen but also more white is visible)
- Gamma control for darker or lighter shadows and dark areas
- blue shift (shifts entire screen color into blueish)
- sharpen of the image if FXAA is too powerful

Anamorphic Flare

Again, pictures tell more than words:

user posted image

Anamorphic flares appear on bright sources if using anamorphic lenses, depending on their orientation bright lights get a broad beam over the image. used as after effect in Star Trek.

Godrays with coloring

Hard to explain, this shader doesn't really work like introduced in other games, this video here shows very good how it looks in SA (jump to 0:30)

two coloring options are possible, tintcolor and forcecolor. Tintcolor only shifts the godrays color, the godrays use the color of their source, red objects emit red rays, blue tintcolor would produce violet flares. Forcecolor first grayscale the rays before coloring so the original color information gets lost. Red, blue, yellow, whatever which color an object has, they all emit blue if blue as forcecolor is set.

Filmic Pass

Many options to recreate movie-like image look, you can control every color channel, e.g. adjust the contrast of red and stuff like that. experiment a bit!

Reinhard Tonemapping

Another tonemapper which improves the overall color look.

Bokeh Depth of Field

Needs AlternativeDepth=0 and useMRTRendering = 0.

To explain this better, think about what happens if you hold your finger in front of your face and focus on it. What happens? The finger is sharp, the background is blurred. If you now focus on the background, the finger gets blurred. That's the base of theDOF shader, it blurs the foreground if the focus point (by default screen center) looks at something in the depth and the other way round. Bokeh means that bright sources are highlighted, a christmas tree without bokeh would look like a green mash, but here are the bright pixels highlighted with a circular shape:

user posted image

Gamma Correction

Simple as that, adjusts gamma

Filmiccurve

another tonemapping operator which modifies the gradient from black to white

HD6 Vignette 3 modes

This vignette is different. The standard vignette creates a spotlight effect in the screen center by darkening the screen corners. This vignette adds movie-like vars to the screen borders.

-mode 1: top and bottom (like a movie in the cinema)
-mode 2: left and right
-mode 3: corners get blacked

Boris Vorontsov Vignette with optional coloring

Standard vignette, creates a black gradient to the screen corners.

Cross Processing

Simulates the effect of processing color film with the wrong chemisty, looks like that (before/after)

user posted image

Color Mood

Something like cross process, google after iCEnhancer 1.2 or 1.25, icelaglace used this effect in these revisions

HSV color grading

HSV based color grading allows complete control over all color tones. HSV stands for Hue, Saturation and Value, different from RGB:

Hue: degree of rotation on the color circle
Saturation: how colored the color is, saturation = 0 means grey
Value: the brightness of the color

Credits:
Matso, Ceejay.dk, SSontech, icelaglace, AgainstAllAuthority aka openzdl, Reinhard, HeliosDoubleSix, PetkaGtA, DKT70

DOWNLOAD

Comprehensive information how to enable the effects and what each value exactly does is included.
  • rabiemehdi and Meheraj7 like this

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Preserved

wildan_mn
  • wildan_mn

Cha~

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

whoa, incredible man biggrin.gif
so, this is called, " Less plugin, less crashing " ?

you are made a big different in SA world Marty. Congratulation smile.gif

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (wildan_mn @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 17:57)
whoa, incredible man biggrin.gif
so, this is called, " Less plugin, less crashing " ?

you are made a big different in SA world Marty. Congratulation smile.gif

Yeah, well with these effects, you can get rid of colormod for example, use the collected effects of 10 ENB configs at one time etc.

Ivars
  • Ivars

★★★★★★★★★

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

What other shader do you plan to implement in future?

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (ivars @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 20:59)
What other shader do you plan to implement in future?

I'm looking around atm, it's not that I think "...hmm I want godrays in it" and look out for a godray shader, it's more that I'm visiting pages and looking into shaders of other people if I find something useful. The SweetFX often has nice shaders, e.g. the custom builds of other users around the forum CeeJay.dk released his SweetFX.

For now, gp65cj04 DOF, color washout and matso lensflare are already added to the beta of my next version.

Russiamax
  • Russiamax

Maks :D

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Marty, for which the lines meet and IBLPower IBLAmmount? (Sorry for the google translate: D)
And try to make the ICEnChancer bloom of all you will be grateful!

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:40 AM Edited by Marty McFly, 21 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

@russiamax: I have set them to 40 and 50, with these values they don't brighten up the car anymore but add a slight blue at midday to the cars top. Btw if you want to send me a pm, write in Russian, its better when I put it into Google translator. And a good bloom is in work.

adoel488
  • adoel488

adoel488

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

good, finally you've opened this thread biggrin.gif
btw, i have question about god rays/lightscattering. its appearing on option screen, is it normal?
pic:
user posted image

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

It is, since they come from bright colors
For example white, from your menu letters

adoel488
  • adoel488

adoel488

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (vans123 @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 07:35)
It is, since they come from bright colors
For example white, from your menu letters

oo okay then, I'll tweak it. Thanks for letting me know smile.gif

Knox-Atlantis
  • Knox-Atlantis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

oh..!!Really hope to be able to read!! confused.gif

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Knox-Atlantis @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 12:36)
oh..!!Really hope to be able to read!! confused.gif

What?

Beenja
  • Beenja

(。◕‿◕。)

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Marty McFly @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 18:42)
QUOTE (Knox-Atlantis @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 12:36)
oh..!!Really hope to be able to read!!    confused.gif

What?

Wat? mercie_blink.gif

(Same as you Marty notify.gif )

Well, very nice effect, can't say anything about it, and I wait that next version (s) because they will be better than this 1.0 (not saying that is bad) biggrin.gif

Some pics with it

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Ivey
  • Ivey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Alright I have some questions regarding SAMP with this Master Effect Configuration.

I noticed that I am unable to get any enb series past ENBSeries 0.075 to work. Is there something I am missing here? I know that I need ENBSeries 0.076 to get this to work but for some reason when I pop in the ENBSeries 0.076 dll's everything comes out blue in SAMP. Is there a work around to this... possibly? I'm not sure what I'm looking for right now but I could use some answers.

methodunderg
  • methodunderg

Gramps

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

This version isn't compatible with SA:MP AFAIK; only the 0.075s version is. Therefore, this Master Effect isn't compatible with SAMP, as the latest version of ENB for SA is the only version to support multipass.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Ivey @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 09:22)
Alright I have some questions regarding SAMP with this Master Effect Configuration.

I noticed that I am unable to get any enb series past ENBSeries 0.075 to work. Is there something I am missing here? I know that I need ENBSeries 0.076 to get this to work but for some reason when I pop in the ENBSeries 0.076 dll's everything comes out blue in SAMP. Is there a work around to this... possibly? I'm not sure what I'm looking for right now but I could use some answers.

Enbseries versions which feature bumpmapping are not compatible to the samp 0.3 generations. The new 0.076 is especially made for the singleplayer(because boris hates samp, he thinks all samp players are little wannabe gangsters; concerning my personal experience I can say he is 95 % right) because of that even with the option usereflectivebump=0 still some rendering functions of the bumpmapping are enabled which have no visual effect but cause the bug you stated in multiplayer. Afaik these rendering functions are enabled all the time because if they were disableable, enabling or disabling bump would require game restart.

Edit: method was faster tounge2.gif

Ivey
  • Ivey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Alright then what are some ways to get a few of these effects into SAMP. With the version of 0.75s. It's probably impossible if not unlikely but I want to see if I can improve the quality of my game as much as possible. Would love the assistance or recommendations.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Only advanced shaders like fxaa and such need multipass, the problem with this effect.txt is, most effects need one pass but because it contains that much effects, many passes are needed.

damiann69
  • damiann69

He he

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:46 AM Edited by damiann69, 26 March 2013 - 11:42 AM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is it new level of graphical enhancement for San Andreas? Looks awesome.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (damiann69 @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 10:46)
Correct me if I'm wrong, is it new level of graphical enhancement for San Andreas? Looks awesome.

Well it is still good old enbseries but maxed out as much as possible.

Knox-Atlantis
  • Knox-Atlantis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

I want to know how to add the statement effect.txd inside ?? blush.gif

sorry my English is not very good ... confused.gif

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Knox-Atlantis @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 13:57)

write again in russian, I understand that better than google translated russian. ok?

Beenja
  • Beenja

(。◕‿◕。)

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Marty McFly @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 18:01)

write again in russian, I understand that better than google translated russian. ok?

He is Chinese, lulz

Knox-Atlantis
  • Knox-Atlantis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Beenja @ Thursday, Mar 28 2013, 19:41)
QUOTE (Marty McFly @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 18:01)

He is Chinese, lulz

yes suicidal.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Could you make an effect like in Sin City?

http://www.download....5c595ac2395.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.../nhanc319md.png
http://www.imfdb.org...SCM1911A1-4.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org...0px-SCUzi-1.jpg

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

There is already a shader which does that, works hue based so colors which are a bit more orangeish or violetish get grayscaled, works only on default bloodspots or such so if using another particle mod the effect is gone.

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

How do I install this? If I simply put it into the GTA SA directory and enable, for example, Anamorphic Lens flare, it doesn't work (nothing is changed/it's the same). Thanks

methodunderg
  • methodunderg

Gramps

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

It needs to be named 'effect.txt' and you need to be using v0.076 version of ENB.

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the reply: indeed I did as you said but when enabling, for example anamorphic lens flare, i didn't see the effects. Maybe i should change some settings in enbconfig.ini?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users