Double Suggestion

10 replies to this topic
T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Ok well as we know there are a few GTA Forum members who have tragically passed away since the creation of the site. I think it'd be really great if every year, on the anniversary, of their passing, (e.g October 11th for GTA3Freak-2001) a message pops up on the screen (like the "you have received a message" popup) informing the reader that on that day one of GTA Forum's members passed away. It would say a few words about them and their contributions to the site. It's not much but it's a nice little tribute to them smile.gif

Secondly, I think that players should receive awards for multiplayer event achievements. For example the event organiser could provide a mod with the name of the winner who would then receive the award "Deathmatch Champion 2013" or whatever it was that he won. It would show up under his member title, where Annual Award medals go.

Thank you icon14.gif

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

1. Many people do know a lot about Freakeh, plus there might have been many other members who might have passed away without our knowledge, So shouldn't they be given a small tribute too?

2. Awards are given only for contributions around the Forum, not for MP events or Deathmatches and stuff. So it seems pointless to receive an award for just winning a MP game. Anyone could do that.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Why I don't think this will work is because most of the new members in the community won't even know who people like GTA3Freak-2001 or ODIE who was a great contributor to the modding community are. So I doubt people will even have anything to say other than 'Rest in Peace' because most people won't know what they have done for the community in the past. When someone passes away; that is when we pay tribute to them but as life goes on people have to move on. Which is why I don't feel we don't need to pay tribute to them every year.

About your second idea, I think the annual awards are fine as there is a 'Most valuable player' poll option. Most people might have voted for AndyGanteks based on his contribution to the multiplayer section but if they feel that he's the most valuable player too so be it. I don't think the staff need to hand out awards to the winners of these death matches etc. Because the initial purpose of playing multiplayer is to have fun and to not compete for medals.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

There is no point in receiving awards for winning multiplayer events. The medals are for contributions on the forum and not for things you do outside of the forum, or winning multiplayer events. Anyone could join these events and win some of them. The result would be that medals are overused, similar to what happend with the old karma system (karma stars instead of medals, etc.).

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

@shoumic and Master of SA: I find it funny how you guys talk about gtafreak and odie like you knew them and were best friends with them for a long time, when in reality you guys never even talked to either of them once. Stop being such suck ups.

First idea: It's a shame they passed away, but life goes on. Their posts are all still here to look at to see what they did.

Second idea: Medals are awarded for contributions to the network, not for playing video games.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 19:31)
@shoumic and Master of SA: I find it funny how you guys talk about gtafreak and odie like you knew them and were best friends with them for a long time, when in reality you guys never even talked to either of them once. Stop being such suck ups.

Now I don't want to start a war here, But I never talked as if I knew ODIE or GTA3Freak-2001. I've seen both of their contributions and I know they both did a lot to the Community but I never ever spoke about them as if I knew them a lot.

Or I take it if I don't know a member, I'm not supposed to speak about him at all? confused.gif

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 20:01)

Thanks for the feedback Ryan, I know you're only trying to help members like us who are still in the learning curve. I will take what you said into great consideration from here on.

Gnarlton Banks
  • Gnarlton Banks

*MURDOC*

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 14:13)
Or I take it if I don't know a member, I'm not supposed to speak about him at all? confused.gif

That's just inane.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

1. Nice idea, but there could be many deaths that GTAF don't know about, therefore it wouldn't be right to just include some deaths.

2. Another good idea, but winning a MP match isn't the hardest thing in the world, so why get a medal just for winning a MP Deathmatch?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

1 - Good Idea but as DropThaSystem said there may be deaths we have never heard of
2 - Alright Idea but with the amount of events going on there will be so many medals given out and that is just for something simple. Also I agree with Ryan that Medals are rewarded for contributions on the network

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

I Also Got Double Suggestion Like That, It Because My Phone E63 And UC Browser.... mercie_blink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users