• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Post your favourite pieces and performances here.

Seriously moving...

Tyler
  • Tyler

Samhain

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I've been getting into Hšndel lately due to my wont of having music play in the background. Dude is fantastic.

Also, gotta give props to Mischa Maisky playing Bach's cello suite.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Stinkfist.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by TheGreatGig23, 15 March 2013 - 11:51 PM.

I used to be into classical when I was younger as my dad was a fan, but I've kind of drifted away from it. These days I tend to go more for classical piano. There's some truly stunning work to be heard.

Here's one of my most recent finds, a beautiful and easy-going piece.

Just managed to find this one. I couldn't remember the name for the life of me. It's Dirk Maassen again, but a very different feeling overall.

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 23:44)
I used to be into classical when I was younger as my dad was a fan, but I've kind of drifted away from it. These days I tend to go more for classical piano. There's some truly stunning work to be heard.

Here's one of my most recent finds, a beautiful and easy-going piece.

Thought that was going to be a modified version of this:

..but was pleasantly surprised, nice find. tounge2.gif

@ThePinkFloydSound: Love the first one, despite my unexplainable hate for that pianist. turn.gif

--

This is one of my favourite piano pieces at the moment; I'm making good progress learning it myself:

Also, this never ceases to amaze me:

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

How 'bout we get some contemporary music which isn't easy listening up in this bitch?

This was a finalist for the 2012 edition of the Pullitzer Prize in music.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Sorry for the bump, I don't want to see this topic die. smile.gif

Even though Arrau makes a few mistakes(only human after all) it still is my favourite interpretation of the piece. I love the ferocity of the 3rd movement, it really does give you goosebumps at certain points.

He plays it faster than normal but he does so really well.

Absolutely love this piece even though I've actually never listened to the other movements. Beethoven wrote this symphony with nature in mind and you can rightly tell. It's one of my favourite symphonies from him, up there with the 9th, 5th and 3rd.

Haven't listened to many of Wolfy's symphonies but this one really stands out for me.

Anyone who has watched Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes and the like will definitely remember this piece. Supposedly really difficult to play well, I haven't attempted and I don't plan on it, even though I would love to.

There's also the Moonlight Sonata that PinkFloyd posted, again very ferocious, the ferocious variant of its first movement and then there's the second movement which has been described as, "...a flower between two chasms."

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Three top favourites of mine:

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:58 AM Edited by Nah Tso Gud, 21 April 2013 - 05:38 AM.

Haha nice. I've been getting into this stuff a little bit lately.

HAH, just watched a trailer for a new game "The Evil Within" and it used this song ^

If you're into classical and don't mind classical guitar arrangements I suggest you check out Per Olov Kindgren. Very fine interpretations.

Probably my favorite of his:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users