» «
Photo

Tomb Raider

64 replies to this topic
Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:38 PM Edited by Zohair12345, 19 May 2013 - 04:34 PM.

This is probably my Fifth and last mission pack I am designing.

user posted image

user posted image

Lara Croft and her team has arrived to San Andreas.Lara Croft is worried about something which she doesnt want to disclose to her team mates. Her team mates include :Michael Williams , Cyrus D'Couza, Michelle Smith, Charlie Cooper, Norwood and Joey Harris.
Lara's team is arriving to San Andreas to hunt down the artifacts scattered around San Andreas. But, unexpectedly Lara too, has some oppositions which she has to battle to become the ultimate Tomb Raider.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image
Mission NameLink
IntroductionDownload
The BeginingDownload
Wrecked SubmarineDownload
Secret of The ArtifactDownload
Back to the QuestDownload
Mount ChiliadDownload
Mysterious CavernsDownload
Mysterious Caverns 2Download
The Guardian-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image
  • No Cheating Allowed.The missions of these series are individually small and can be completed with ease.Do not ruin the fun of adventure by cheating.(I will allow only PROFESSIONALKILLER cheat because that makes it look more like Lara Croft.)
  • Provide Constructive feedback.I wont know how my missions are felt by others unless they express their views along with the problems or the inconveniences while playing the missions.So please , Do not feel shy.

=======================================================

user posted image
From the mission Tomb Raider : Mysterious Caverns, there will be another side task of collecting relics. They are represented by books.
Collecting them is not mandatory, but if you collect all of them , then you are an expert Tomb Raider. Also with your feedback, also mention how many relics could you collect in your first try.
Mission NameNumber of Relics
Mysterious Caverns9
Mysterious Caverns 26
The Guardian-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image
Lara Croft's Skin mod from TR : Legend : Link
Installing this mod wont affect the gameplay. Also the missions can be played WITHOUT the mod. Its not mandatory to install this mod to play the missions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

{Thanks to Platinum Card}
=======================================================

user posted image

Introduction + The Beginning

Wrecked Submarine + Secret of the Artifact

Back to the Quest

Mount Chiliad

Mysterious Caverns
Mysterious Caverns 2

(Thanks to Aznkei)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

PatrickW and Dutchy3010
- For creating DYOM Mod without which , this series wouldnt have been possible.

Zizo008
: For being a great supporter and source of encouragement at the time I was gonna abandon this.
PlatinumCard : Also a great supporter and for his contribution regarding the screenshots.
Aznkei : A great video reviewer and commentator.

Other Supporters : DyomKing , Ravenclaw , salvadorc, BlueRay Team, NexusUndead , Iceboy911 etc.
And also every one else who plays the missions.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Played the 3 missions.
Okay, so the intro was okay, i like solving puzzles but it's a bit unrealistic the way you did it with the tower
In the second mission, i used the PROFESSIONALKILLER cheat to get the double pistols, it feels more Lara Crofty biggrin.gif searching was ok but when looking for the signal it was a bit too hard.
Now the 3rd mission, the best of the three, absolutely creative, when inside the sub, it was really cool, searching there was really great with all the bushes and the wreck. It was really enjoyable.

As a Tomb Raider fan, this was great. I advise you to not make long drives and hard searching like in the 2nd mission, and improve your writing, for example instead of doing this:
LC: hey,we must do this:go there,ur okay.
Do it like this - Lara: Hey, we must do this: go there, you're okay.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by Zohair12345, 15 March 2013 - 05:40 PM.

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 17:19)
Played the 3 missions.
Okay, so the intro was okay, i like solving puzzles but it's a bit unrealistic the way you did it with the tower
In the second mission, i used the PROFESSIONALKILLER cheat to get the double pistols, it feels more Lara Crofty biggrin.gif searching was ok but when looking for the signal it was a bit too hard.
Now the 3rd mission, the best of the three, absolutely creative, when inside the sub, it was really cool, searching there was really great with all the bushes and the wreck. It was really enjoyable.

As a Tomb Raider fan, this was great. I advise you to not make long drives and hard searching like in the 2nd mission, and improve your writing, for example instead of doing this:
LC: hey,we must do this:go there,ur okay.
Do it like this - Lara: Hey, we must do this: go there, you're okay.

Thanks a lot , Zizo008 .
I really appreciate it.
I will definitely make changes in the text part.I was just too lazy to make another cutscene to just complete a sentence... tounge.gif
And about the searching part , I thought to make it very easy since it was just the beginning.Keeping all the interesting part in the starting of the mission wouldnt look good,thats why.

Thanks again for the feedback.
I am thinking of continuing the series.. wink.gif

Blue Ray Team
  • Blue Ray Team

Crocodile Games

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Niice smile.gif i suggest you to put some custom maps & Tomb Raider Mods if you found biggrin.gif music.gif

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

The True Zen Corporation Master

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

haven`t heard of tomb raider, well lemme test these out

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

user posted image
I found the third mission to be the best by far. The use of objects and the actual submarine was pretty unique. I found that the writing could be a lot better and the objectives more clear. I started on a Tomb Raider mission pack a while ago but didn't continue because of the limitations of dyom 6. I believe it would be a good idea to find a transcript from one of the tomb raider games to get ideas for dialogue and such.

Can't wait to see what's next.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Thanks everyone for your feedbacks.

i suggest you to put some custom maps & Tomb Raider Mods

I had thought of that earlier , but still even DYOM has its crash problems.So I dont want those problems to increase when I start using other mods.

I found that the writing could be a lot better and the objectives more clear

It was just too lazy back then to even rectify my own mistakes.But now , since I have started getting attention , I will try my best to avoid spelling mistakes and also try to present the dialogues properly.

Can't wait to see what's next.

I am a little busy nowadays, so I wont be uploading missions as frequently as I did the above three.
The expectations have risen so high.(just from the third mission.)
Well , all I can say is I will try my BEST .
colgate.gif

Vinesh AKA SanAndreasDYOM
  • Vinesh AKA SanAndreasDYOM

What yo suckin' bitch

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Make missions and missions, I like your mission

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

The third mission was nice, but i couldn't pass it. I found the submarine it was cool, but whan you said to try and find an entrance it was impossible to me. I swimmed around the whole submarine looking for the entrance, without no luck I just turned off the mission. You should really give intructions more clearly. Good luck.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (NexusUndead @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 14:09)
The third mission was nice, but i couldn't pass it. I found the submarine it was cool, but whan you said to try and find an entrance it was impossible to me. I swimmed around the whole submarine looking for the entrance, without no luck I just turned off the mission. You should really give intructions more clearly. Good luck.

Guys, it is 'Tomb Raider' , not the normal straightforward San mission.Here you have to search and search.
@Nexus: There is a door at the side of the submarine.I have placed a Corona in front of the door.
Now i hope you can continue the mission.
colgate.gif

Tomb Raider : Secret of the artifact coming soon.

Ravenclaw
  • Ravenclaw

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Excellent work Zohair! really loved inside the submarine! just reduce long rides which are boring...everything else was fantastic!

icon14.gif happy.gif

DyomKing
  • DyomKing

My Name Is KING

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Really awesome series dude

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hey dude, you're still working on this ? Don't let this down, it's nice mission pack.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (NexusUndead @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 06:39)
Hey dude, you're still working on this ? Don't let this down, it's nice mission pack.

Yes , I am working on it...It is just that I am very weak in mythological stuff, so I am running out of ideas regarding mythology..
But this MP i will mKe sure I will complete it..
colgate.gif

IceBoy1911
  • IceBoy1911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Well i give you 9 out 10! smile.gif
the awesome thing about ur mission is that the player need to focus on everything!my mistake in mission 2 was that i didnt care about signals location so i completely confused and right now im serching hard!!!!! bored.gif

but ur mission is awesome indeed icon14.gif
i cant wait for the next part... biggrin.gif
GOOD LUCK!

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:54 PM Edited by Zohair12345, 23 March 2013 - 07:02 PM.

QUOTE (IceBoy1911 @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 07:51)
Well i give you 9 out 10! smile.gif
the awesome thing about ur mission is that the player need to focus on everything!my mistake in mission 2 was that i didnt care about signals location so i completely confused and right now im serching hard!!!!! bored.gif

but ur mission is awesome indeed icon14.gif
i cant wait for the next part... biggrin.gif
GOOD LUCK!

Thanks a lot , Iceboy .
Actually recently I have exams going on , so till then I wont be able so frequent.
Tomb Raider : Secret of the Artifact delayed due to exams.
Sorry for the inconvenience. sad.gif

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Tomb Raider : Secret of the Artifact updated.
LINK

Please Do Play it and give feedback.

NOTE : The cutscenes are important so do not skip them.Also the conversations are very important as they give a clue to what you have to do next.So focus on conversations more than gameplay.

colgate.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Played the mission and here's the feedback: wink.gif
You put too much effort into the puzzle part, which is nice but not what i expect from a Tomb Raider game/mission. TR is more about adventure, action and discovery, not constant searching -no offense- of enceclopedias!
Example:You should make some cutscenes in the start of each mission to tell us what progress we did, then we're set where Adventure takes place (No driving) and start progressing 'till we find the artifact, while facing some obstacles like an Antagonist and his men, or even Ancient guards!
All what i'm saying is to add more Action and adventure-feel to the missions, and improve punctuation in your writing.
I'm not forcing anything, just suggesting. For a puzzle-mission, it was nice. smile.gif

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 17:34)
Played the mission and here's the feedback: wink.gif
You put too much effort into the puzzle part, which is nice but not what i expect from a Tomb Raider game/mission. TR is more about adventure, action and discovery, not constant searching -no offense- of enceclopedias!
Example:You should make some cutscenes in the start of each mission to tell us what progress we did, then we're set where Adventure takes place (No driving) and start progressing 'till we find the artifact, while facing some obstacles like an Antagonist and his men, or even Ancient guards!
All what i'm saying is to add more Action and adventure-feel to the missions, and improve punctuation in your writing.
I'm not forcing anything, just suggesting. For a puzzle-mission, it was nice. smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback.
About adventure and action , I will keep that in mind ....
it is just that I thought of making the adventure and action content steadily increasing...
And about the action part , I just cant get a link as to how to introduce action in the series except the boss battles ..Introducing Mafia content would actually deteriorate the series ....And the antagonist , I am gonna introduce him in the 5th mission..
From this mission on , there is only adventure in the outskirts....this mission was just to give background of the artifacts...and probably the last indoor mission of Tomb Raider. wink.gif

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:45 AM Edited by Zohair12345, 05 April 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Tomb Raider : Back to the Quest updated.
LINK
Note :
1) Please do watch the cutscenes and read the dialogues in your first try..They are important as they provide VERY important hints how to proceed...
2) You can use the cheat PROFESSIONALKILLER in order to weild dual pistols during action scenes in the mission . But no other cheat will be allowed as it will ruin the adventure fun..

colgate.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by Zizo008, 28 March 2013 - 01:17 PM.

Played the mission Zohair and here's the feedback as always: smile.gif
So we finally met the antagonist, sort of. Nice addition of drive-by and action in general, though what frusterated me is making a grenadier that runs to you in a GAS STATION?! I failed two times because of him, if you're going to use him again limit his ammo to 2 grenades or something. Anyway, still too much searching, which can make it boring at times, it doesn't feel Tomb Raider-ish anymore, you should make some platforming (which is coming in the next mission right?) since that's a huge part of TR, no more driving, unless it's like an escape or drive-by, and usual action.
And since SA doesn't support much environments for tomb raiding, do something like the mission in Japan in Legend. Like Max got something before you, and you got to get it back. One last thing, try to fix your punctuation. Do it like this "Hey Max, long time no see. What's up?" instead of "Hey max , long time no see . What's up ?"

Just suggesting. Good luck in your next missions icon14.gif

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I agree with the searching thing. I didn't play the Tomb Raider (Gona to purschase one soon) but I don't think there is that much searching. And you should use teleporting feature more. Whan Lara was driving on the road [After killing the enemies on the bikes] The actor [Lara] was driving the bike again in the cutscene, and I could see Lara [Player] standing with the bike. Overall the missions are nicely made. But there could be more detail given to it.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by Zohair12345, 30 March 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Sorry to again disappoint you guyz , But I will try my LEVEL BEST to make the missions fun to play....
(BTW my exams are going on so I wont get that much time...)

IceBoy1911
  • IceBoy1911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

I played the rest of missions...just great colgate.gif .keep makin these missions i really liked them

salvadorc17
  • salvadorc17

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Very good progress, this mission pack is great.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Tomb Raider Mount Chiliad updated.
LINK
Please Do Play it and give feedback.

NOTE : The cutscenes are important so do not skip them.Also the conversations are very important as they give a clue to what you have to do next.So focus on conversations more than gameplay.

Only PROFESSIONALKILLER cheat will be allowed to make it look like Tomb Raider.

There are hardly any cutscenes but whatever cutscenes are there they are extremely crucial in order to progress through the mission.
colgate.gif

colgate.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Played it as always Zohair. I really liked climbing, fun but a bit hard at times, the ending was the best, i'm really looking forward to the next mission!
Still, too much searching confused.gif and for some reason action didn't feel so exiting. Try to make your missions more like the submarine one and this mission's ending, that's the best way to do it.

Keep up! icon14.gif

tote514
  • tote514

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

I dont understand where is the markers of the missions, im confused.

alibatman
  • alibatman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Mr Zohair12345 Can You Put Action On I Mean Not Very Puzzle Its Hard To Slove IT You Know But I Download It Play It Okay Its Good But Better You Put Action On It It Got Action But Its Very Low

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

Nice missions Zohair. I continue to see your growth from mission to mission. By the Mount Chiliad mission everything from the writing and instructions seem flawless. Can't wait to see and play more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users