1,105 replies to this topic
GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, May 6 2013, 09:59)
QUOTE (YukiEiri @ Monday, May 6 2013, 01:55)
QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 20:00)
I hope SR4 is a bit like SR2, but more realistic. Driving on SR seriously needs to improve.

You have not paid any attention to the SR4 trailer and info then?

Yes, I have. It's quite disappointing. I'm just hoping that it's a bit better when actually playing it.

It's very disappointing. It probably will be a lot better when we play it though as that is what happened with The Third. Hated the screenshots and trailers, loved the game icon14.gif

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by billy james, 07 May 2013 - 01:46 PM.

New trailer that confirms Troy Baker, that all I got out of this, that and the Alien at the end who don't sound very Alien like, and it would be better if it wasn't friggin dub step music

http://www.ign.com/v...wered-president

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Emperor of Outworld

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

This trailer is rather meh. It's not because of recently released GTA V trailers but... it's still meh.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yup, just as crap as the last one imo.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 07 May 2013 - 06:03 PM.

QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 15:09)
New trailer that confirms Troy Baker, that all I got out of this, that and the Alien at the end who don't sound very Alien like, and it would be better if it wasn't friggin dub step music

Yeah, so I watched the trailer and I have to say that this game is just a pile of crap. It seems that Volition would put anything into the game just to have as much fictional sh*t as possible. It's even worse than Saints Row: The Third and I think that means something. There is absolutely no balance between realism and fun, and the over the top-ness whatsoever, that's just bad. It's not like I expect too much from this game but seriously, I can already tell you now that I'm not going to buy it. Saints Row used to be better. I guess that's another videogame series that went downhill for me.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Oh god, that trailer ... they ruined the series that is Saints Row. How could you add everything a 5-8 year old likes? Superpowers. I can't believe this. I agree with CCJBB. This game is going to be horrible, can't wait for people to get it August 20th, and realize that this game was going to be horrible from the start.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

That trailer is awful. I don't see anything fun about mindlessly destroying everything for the sake of destruction. They've completely lost their focus. I would feel like an idiot playing this game. SRTT was terrible and this is just SRTT with more terrible.

VProductions
  • VProductions

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 19:14)
terrible.

*epicness

Am I the only one that will love this, whoever delivers it to my house will be invited in to play and have a drink.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (VProductions @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 14:18)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 19:14)
terrible.

*epicness

Am I the only one that will love this, whoever delivers it to my house will be invited in to play and have a drink.

Lol, I bet the person who delivers will be embarrassed to play this game.

VProductions
  • VProductions

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 19:18)

Lol, I bet the person who delivers will be embarrassed to play this game.

I'm embarressed of you Foley, you were so cool now you're a bad kid n00b

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Huh, I thought you hated the word noob lmao.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 18:07)
Oh god, that trailer ... they ruined the series that is Saints Row. How could you add everything a 5-8 year old likes? Superpowers. I can't believe this. I agree with CCJBB. This game is going to be horrible, can't wait for people to get it August 20th, and realize that this game was going to be horrible from the start.

Yeah mate, I 100% agree. That was the problem with Saints Row 3. They put all this random "over-the-top" crap in the game and shoved in your face during the marketing campaign getting everyone excited. When you actually do play the game itself though, you realise how old and childish it gets. Saints Row 3 was really fun at first but I got bored of it within a month and didn't go back to it since, except to complete it 100%. With Saints Row 4, they seem to have crammed whatever childish sh*t they can think of into the game deciding that automatically makes it really fun and wacky. Seriously, superpowers is a horrible idea. What are they trying to be? Infamous? Crackdown? DC Universe Online? I'm convinced Volition is run by a bunch of smackheads.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 23:29)
QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 15:09)

Yeah, so I watched the trailer and I have to say that this game is just a pile of crap. It seems that Volition would put anything into the game just to have as much fictional sh*t as possible. It's even worse than Saints Row: The Third and I think that means something. There is absolutely no balance between realism and fun, and the over the top-ness whatsoever, that's just bad. It's not like I expect too much from this game but seriously, I can already tell you now that I'm not going to buy it. Saints Row used to be better. I guess that's another videogame series that went downhill for me.

Agreed. This looks like Saints Row 3.01 with basically zero improvement, They'd better cancel it or face some disastrous sales.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:37 PM Edited by JBanton, 07 May 2013 - 06:39 PM.

It's such a flawed marketing strategy; making an 18-rated game filled with content for 13 year-olds.

It's no wonder GTA IV sold over four times as many copies as the entire SR series so far. Being realistic, if you're going to make an 18-rated game, then fill it with content appropriate for people over the age of 18, until they get that simple bit right their series will experience poor sales relative to any comparable product.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 14:37)
It's such a flawed marketing strategy; making an 18-rated game filled with content for 13 year-olds.

It's no wonder GTA IV sold over four times as many copies as the entire SR series so far. Being realistic, if you're going to make an 18-rated game, then fill it with content appropriate for people over the age of 18, until they get that simple bit right their series will experience poor sales relative to any comparable product.

nuff said. Thank you.

VProductions
  • VProductions

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 19:22)
Huh, I thought you hated the word noob lmao.

nah thats GW, lol

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 18:37)

It should be rated a 12. Hell, they should rate it T for Teen in America because this game is most definitely not "Mature"!

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

The game will be great for just having fun and causing havoc, though.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

But the fun will die in couple of days and causing havoc won't be better with terrible AI and non-destroyable enviroment.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

..I'll just play Grand Theft Auto V thanks. smile.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Piece of turd stereotyped s**t cooked with crapiest "music" ever - brostep.

They may think it's fun. No it's dumb.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Angry Joes gunna have a field day with this game

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

I think we're looking at the worst game of the year, folks.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Are me and VP the only one who thinks this trailer was good?

I mean i had my doubts because i was somewhat disappointed with SRTT They f*cked up the story for me, but I think it looks pretty good, and as soon as i get the money, I'm pre-ordering this. Even if it's bad, GTA V comes out a couple weeks later.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by Gst0395, 07 May 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Is it me or does this game look more and more pathetic each time when GTA V info (trailers, screenshots, previews e.g) is released?

The trailer was very action-packed I do admit, but the entire thing just looks really stupid imo, nothing to do with what Saints Row once was. It would have worked alot better as a spin-off.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 16:14)
nothing to do with what Saints Row once was.

Domination, bringing the saints to the top. That's what it's always been about. They've always thrown in stupid things. Saints IV looks like a f*cking fun game. If it makes you that butthurt that we'll have superpowers and stuff,

A.) Don't buy the game, and shut up about it
B.) Use the fact that this story takes place in a 'matrix' type thing as a waiver of all things silly, and try to enjoy the game.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 19:14)
Is it me or does this game look more and more pathetic each time when GTA V info (trailers, screenshots, previews e.g) is released?

The trailer was very action-packed I do admit, but the entire thing just looks really stupid imo, nothing to do with what Saints Row once was. It would have worked alot better as a spin-off.

It's not just you.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 15:25)
QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 16:14)
nothing to do with what Saints Row once was.

Domination, bringing the saints to the top. That's what it's always been about. They've always thrown in stupid things. Saints IV looks like a f*cking fun game. If it makes you that butthurt that we'll have superpowers and stuff,

B.) Use the fact that this story takes place in a 'matrix' type thing as a waiver of all things silly, and try to enjoy the game.

As much as I like SR, I have to agree with him. You think when you first played SR or 2, that the MC was going to become president? If you were to go up to Julius and tell him that, he would tell you to quit using drugs.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by Gst0395, 07 May 2013 - 11:33 PM.

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 23:25)

Fine then. I don't see why I can't express my disappointment about it though, it's just my opinion. Sorry if it offends you, I'm just don't liking the look of this game. I know the Saints series has always been about making your way to the top, but at first you were a real hardcore gang member conquering other gangs in city and now it's become some fantasy/sci-fi game where you've become president and are now equipped with superpowers. They made it so ridiculous and different compared to the other games.

I'm not trying to convince you not to buy it. If you want to buy both GTA V and Saints Row IV, then go for it mate. I can easily respect that. There obviously some sort of appeal going for this game but it's become far too childish for my taste. I can't even tell what the game's overall theme is anymore other than being "over-the-top" as Volition have said countless times.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

I am getting SR 4, as I did with SR 1 to 3. I enjoyed them all thus far, some more than the others. I still haven't completed SR 3 yet but will do so before SR 4. I know people give SR a lot of sh*t, but I love the fun and wackiness, and I just love having fun playing a game as whole. One thing I can respect about it is the fact that, despite what people feel about SR, it has distanced itself from GTA from a content and feature standpoint. Super powers and what not in a sandbox game? Its not all that bad. I like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users