Photo

Saints Row 4 - Official Topic

1,105 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 02:17)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 21:10)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 21:06)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 21:00)
QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 20:50)
QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 01:30)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 12:28)
This game will be awesome. Don't like it? Don't play it. Simple as that.

Finally someone with any decency, To anyone who don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Shut up, it's a f*cking forum where the good and bad is discussed.

It's going to be sh*tty, at least for me.

No one cares what you think, as billy james said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Oh boy, a bunch of 5th graders. "HEY IF U DON'T LIKE SOMETHING DON'T SAY ANYTING ABOUT IT"

I spelled ting on purpose. You are acting like we are all kind on here. There's tons of people on the internet who don't take sh*t from you guys.

Get over yourselves.

Well I do agree with you there, everyone has an opinion, of course. But I hate it when people say sh*t like "Oh if you like Saints Row, you have bad taste in games" that really pisses me off. It;s like we aren't allowed to like other games besides GTA. I can go on and on, but you know what I'm talking about.

Yes, I understand what you're saying. I haven't seen one person say that you can't like Saints Row.

Exactly, we just wanna know why you guys settle for sh*t like this.
In my experiance, over the top fun where everything is too crazy gets old very quickly especially when things don't make any real sense.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

It's certainly ok to disagree on the quality of this upcoming release but let's please refrain from personal attacks on one another as a result of that differing opinion.

Personally, it looks like some rehashed garbage to me. I really enjoyed 1 and 2 but 3 took a turn for the worse and this appears to be continuing in that "wish list of a twelve year old" vein that ultimately took away a lot of the series sandbox contender legitimacy. However, if you are just really crossing your fingers this is going to somehow turn things around for the series I respect your right to post that opinion and won't attack you or put you on blast for it. It doesn't have to be all sunshine and lollipops here but some modicum of civility is expected. Thanks. smile.gif

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:31 AM Edited by acmilano, 18 March 2013 - 08:35 AM.

I can imagine what happened. Representative of Coch Media come into Volition and probably said: 'OK,we are new bosses. Whatever you got,release it ASAP,we want return of our investment soon or you'll be all fired and we will sell office material.'
So Volition take out scrapped DLC and make it into a game so they could get some time.
Wish them luck actually so they could keep their jobs but i dont think this gamble would payoff with V,AC4 and Watch Dogs released in short time.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 08:31)
I can imagine what happened. Representative of Coch Media come into Volition and probably said: 'OK,we are new bosses. Whatever you got,release it ASAP,we want return of our investment soon or you'll be all fired and we will sell office material.'
So Volition take out scrapped DLC and make it into a game so they could get some time.

I think you'll find koch media/deep silver just said "continue as you were, we won't interfere". The DLC was rolled in to SR4 before THQ went bust and obviously THQ were rushing Volition to make SR4 because THQ was going bust. If THQ was still their parent company, I think their SR4 would be exactly the same.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

The game is going to suck no matter what publisher they have.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 06:34)

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it"

lol.gif

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

That way nobody will ever improve.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 23:00)

lol.gif

Smart ass

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 12:34)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 23:00)

lol.gif

Smart ass

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it."

lol.gif That wasn't a very nice thing to say.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

http://cdn0.sbnation...inema_640.0.png

Is it just me or Boss looks like Comander Shepard now?

+ Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +
  • + Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 13:15)
http://cdn0.sbnation...inema_640.0.png

Is it just me or Boss looks like Comander Shepard now?

It sort of does actually. dozingoff.gif

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by corvettelover, 18 March 2013 - 04:03 PM.

it looks like some rehashed garbage to me

Exactly!

I honestly enjoyed The Third the most out of them, but this looks like a huge turd. And why is it moving in the stupid ass direction?

The Third was quite a bit over the top in stupidity, but atleast you could kinda ignore it, this looks like a 12 year old made it.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

apparently there will be a dubstep gun.

“For example, the Dubstep Gun was literally on this email chain going around the office asking for weapon ideas. Someone had just written ‘Dubstep Gun’. We didn’t even know what the hell it was, but it sounded amazing. We knew there was something there so we just came up for more ideas around it.”

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Saints row has just turned into a hacky cliche ridden pile of garbage now, it's kind of disappointing since I didn't really mind sr3 that much but they could have done so much better with the series rather than take it in the direction it's going.

Moth
  • Moth

When life gives you lemons, nuke the planet.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 11:01)
The Third was quite a bit over the top in stupidity, but atleast you could kinda ignore it,

Ignore the stupidity in SR3? How the f*ck can you manage that, when the main missions were f*cking stupid. Zombies attacks, Flying helicarrier that was bigger then a few city blocks, and the killing of a fan favorite, off screen, in the first 20 minutes of the game. No, there was no way you could ignore the stupidity of SR3, besides not playing it.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 17:23)
apparently there will be a dubstep gun.

“For example, the Dubstep Gun was literally on this email chain going around the office asking for weapon ideas. Someone had just written ‘Dubstep Gun’. We didn’t even know what the hell it was, but it sounded amazing. We knew there was something there so we just came up for more ideas around it.”

D..Dub.....Dubstep.....Gun......Dubstep Gun? WTF? facedesk.gif

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 18:13)
QUOTE (corvettelover @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 11:01)
The Third was quite a bit over the top in stupidity, but atleast you could kinda ignore it,

Ignore the stupidity in SR3? How the f*ck can you manage that, when the main missions were f*cking stupid. Zombies attacks, Flying helicarrier that was bigger then a few city blocks, and the killing of a fan favorite, off screen, in the first 20 minutes of the game. No, there was no way you could ignore the stupidity of SR3, besides not playing it.

..don't do the missions?

I just downloaded a saved game, hell they have a DLC to skip all the missions.

As long as you don't do missions it really isn't much worse than Saints 2 in retardedness. Just tune the cars are drive around basically, like San Andreas more or less, without the neat map or most of the cool stuff from SA lol.

This new one looks like straight up garbage though.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Saints Row dev believes it's done enough to differentiate itself from Rockstar's beast.

Saints Row 4 is due to launch three weeks before Rockstar's open-world giant hits the shelves on September 17.

But rather than let itself be swallowed up by Grand Theft Auto 5, Volition believes that the series doesn't pose as much of a threat to Saints Row as it once did, thanks to the team's work in differentiating itself from Rockstar's title.

"It's a hell of a game," said Saints Row 4's senior producer Jim Boone, while discussing the proximity of GTA 5's release with VideoGamer.com.

"I think it's a threat to everyone in the sense that it's such a dominant game, and it's obviously going to go sell what it's going to sell. But I think... where we feel a little more comfortable about it being in proximity is the fact that we're such a different game now."

Boone believes that Volition has done enough with the Saints Row series in the years since its initial release to distinguish it from GTA, and thinks that the comparisons between the two is akin to comparing Call of Duty with Dead Space.

"Say if we were doing Saints Row 1 style where it was very reminiscent of GTA in terms of the style and the content, I would probably be a nervous wreck right now, to be perfectly honest with you," Boone continues. "But I think you can see, we're such a different game now.

"A crude example that I always think of is that, if I could compare a Modern Warfare game to Dead Space, sure, it's in the same genre of being a shooter but the style is so different. And I kind of feel like we're in that phase now with open world. Early on there was GTA and practically nothing else; Saints Row was one of the very first ones to come out in addition to that. And now I think there's enough different styles within the genre that it's maybe not as threatening any more."

However, Boone appears left with little doubt that GTA will dominate the market on its release.

"There's no doubt, GTA 5's going to go out and do what it does, but I think we've differentiated ourselves enough that at least we present something that's quite a different experience to what they're doing."

Saints Row 4 launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on August 23.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Saints Row dev believes it's done enough to differentiate itself from Rockstar's beast.

It's totally sh*te unlike GTA V. It's more than enough to differentiate it from R* beast.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Enter the Dominatrix will return to Saints Row 4 as DLC

AHHH HA HA HA, Wow, well, any slight hope I had for the game is gone, so the AXED DLC, that became Saints Row 4, is now being held off to be DLC for Saints Row 4!

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

that simply can't be true, my mind is blown. What you're saying is that they're making a game but making what was supposed to be the game in the first place dlc for the game? Does that mean we're buying dlc first then the actual game later?

edit: lol, just read my last sentence. that would be assuming anyone in their right mind would actually buy it now.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...nd-dubstep-guns

Deep Silver and Volition attempt to explain why this game is so over the top

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 22:16)
Enter the Dominatrix will return to Saints Row 4 as DLC

AHHH HA HA HA, Wow, well, any slight hope I had for the game is gone, so the AXED DLC, that became Saints Row 4, is now being held off to be DLC for Saints Row 4!

I though I was going to give this game a chance, but they f*cked up.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

IGNs take on the SR 4

http://www.ign.com/v...ession-pax-east

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 05 April 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Volition explained to us at PAX East today that Saints Row 4 isn't "Saints Row 3.5" nor the canceled Saints Row: The Third standalone expansion "Enter the Dominatrix" in a different package. The team told us that work began on Saints Row 4 about two months before The Third finished, with another team split to do Dominatrix.

"We had to go in and totally gut the [Dominatrix] story for Saints Row 4. Everything that was the missions or the story we did for Dominatrix was totally thrown out," Steve Jaros, creative director at Volition told us. "All the voice recording that we did all thrown out. We redid the entire story. The game is mission wise the same length as Saints Row 3, plus other open worlds on top of it."

Senior Producer Jim Boone told us that in June last year, shortly after Jason Rubin took on his short-lived role as president at THQ, the agreement was made between Rubin and Volition to combine the games and focus the team on one full project.

"Everyone on the team had the same concern, we didn't want to make a 3.5, we aren't making an expansion pack. What we put out to the world has to be worthy of the name Saints Row 4. I really think everyone on the team will stand behind it," added Jaros. "So much stuff has been changed and thrown out. Even the best of the [Dominatrix] stuff that we liked and pulled into the game we still changed. Nothing was drag and dropped in

Saints Row 4 will launch on August 20, featuring weapon customization, mechs, a new alien enemy and a... dub-step gun.

WTF

The dubstep gun shoots pulsing purple rays of deadly wub-wub, causing surrounding passers-by to immediately stop in their tracks and start losing their sh** to the music in juddering stop-motion whilst cars randomly blow up.

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

I went to the Saints Row forums and found a section called Steelport Stories. Jesus, what is it with those kids and lesbian romance? I wonder if Volition STILL cares about their fans, or atleast give the game a good soundtrack.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 12:41)
I went to the Saints Row forums and found a section called Steelport Stories. Jesus, what is it with those kids and lesbian romance? I wonder if Volition STILL cares about their fans, or atleast give the game a good soundtrack.

lool. Saints Row fans these days

VProductions
  • VProductions

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

SR3 radios were awesome better than GTA IV's radio

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None