Photo

Saints Row 4 - Official Topic

1,105 replies to this topic
GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

im going to be REALLY nice and give this pile of  sh*t a VERY charitable  2.5/10 

• Grand Cannon, Peregrin Brandytook, TaviColen123 and 1 other like this

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

im going to be REALLY nice and give this pile of  sh*t a VERY charitable  2.5/10 

GTAIVFanboy..........

I still really wanna get this game. I need a break from V.

Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

This is my reaction towards Saints Row 4.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

@ Azazel - if you are reading this.
Don't you think locking a topic in mid way breaks the flow and even a nice discussion that was live and active.
I just request you and all mods to wait for the discussion to end before an instant lock.
As for me, Unfortunately discussion ends here!

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by Gst0395, 20 October 2013 - 05:11 PM.

I don't know about you guys, but I had alot of fun with this game, more than I thought I would. I was an idiot to pre-judge. I do agree, the game is nowhere near as polished as GTA V, but it does deliver a compelling sci-fi/comedy story with references to previous games, a nice soundtrack from The Mix as usual, good sense of humour, great customization, stuff to collect and plenty of superpowers to mess around with. I just wish they'd improved the engine more from Saints Row 3. Overall, it's not GOTY material but kept me entertained until GTA V came out. The mediocre graphics and recycled map don't help exactly, but the amount of mindless fun it delivers is good stuff.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

This game is pretty good, tbh. Better than I thought, actually. It does get pretty boring after a while, though. I feel that everything is given to me much too quickly. It's like everything is there from the beginning. I don't want every super power from the start. I want to actually work my way up to something. I like that feeling of accomplishment, when you actually earn something.
  • Lock N' Stock likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

we r in daynga ov bing shwomped by muslims™

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

Is there a DLC that's going to be released for us Australians? Kinda like this game, it's actually better than I expected lol

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Is there a DLC that's going to be released for us Australians? Kinda like this game, it's actually better than I expected lol

I've been wondering the same, I really want to play that Enter the Dominatrix DLC

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

Sorry for the double post but I found the reason for no DLC in Aus yet

Patch 1.03 AUS for PS3 does contain the dlc data, but it's not yet available for purchase. It looks like the Enter the Dominatrix DLC will go live first for Australian players, and will release simultaneously on PS3 and 360. Then, the rest of the DLC will go live at a later date to get Australia sync'd up with the release schedule for the rest of the world. I still don't have any dates to share yet, but I can assure everyone that it is a high priority.

That should clear up a few things

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

So I bit the bullet and decided to rent the game. Only played for about an hour so far.

Spoiler
. It gives me a better initial impression than SRTT did, but boy this series is so far gone from SR1. it feels like a infamous, Prototype etc love child.

I never really liked Steeleport all that much and just thought it was a LC ripoff. I'll play more, but I'm glad I've only rented. I suppose I've been playing  a lot of GTA IV and GTA V lately and this is the first open world game I've played outside of those two, but this feels so cheap and tacky by comparison.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

Still planning on getting this, but I'm going to wait until I can get it for about $30. I's a huge fan of SR2 but "The Third" was quite an upset.

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

After playing GTA V for quite a while, then looking at SR4, it's almost painful.

It's like looking at a magnificent sculpture, or painting, that took years to perfect. So much detail and passion went into it, and it turned out to be a masterpiece. Then you look next to it and there's a sculpture or painting that was thrown together in 5 minutes, with no detail or passion put into, and it's just a sloppy mess of colors quickly put together.

And it's sad, because SR2 had that passion and that detail. Now it seems like the makers of SR just don't care anymore and will just put out whatever quickly made garbage they can.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

So after rushing my 1st Playthough and getting the bad ending which is probably the reason I didn't like the game, I decided to replay the story and do every side and loyalty mission so I'm a bad ass and don't get killed every mission.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by Billy james, 13 November 2013 - 09:16 PM.

All DLC is now available on the Australian PSN store, except for the Brady games pack

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

After playing GTA V for quite a while, then looking at SR4, it's almost painful.

It's like looking at a magnificent sculpture, or painting, that took years to perfect. So much detail and passion went into it, and it turned out to be a masterpiece. Then you look next to it and there's a sculpture or painting that was thrown together in 5 minutes, with no detail or passion put into, and it's just a sloppy mess of colors quickly put together.

And it's sad, because SR2 had that passion and that detail. Now it seems like the makers of SR just don't care anymore and will just put out whatever quickly made garbage they can.

I won't deny that Saints Row 4 feels unpolished in comparison to GTA V, though I still had alot of fun with it until GTA V came out. I'm a bit uncertain about Saints Row's future though, especially that they're now owned by Deep Silver who earlier this year released Ride to Hell: Retribution, one of the absolute worst and most broken games in recent times.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by ShadowDog94, 16 November 2013 - 04:08 PM.

I won't deny that Saints Row 4 feels unpolished in comparison to GTA V, though I still had alot of fun with it until GTA V came out. I'm a bit uncertain about Saints Row's future though, especially that they're now owned by Deep Silver who earlier this year released Ride to Hell: Retribution, one of the absolute worst and most broken games in recent times.

Oh man..... that game looked so awesome when it was first announced. Playing a biker in the 60's riding through the desert on a chopper with awesome music in the background, with a whole counter-culture style. It looked too good to be true. I guess it was in the end  :cry:

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

Oh man..... that game looked so awesome when it was first announced. Playing a biker in the 60's riding through the desert on a chopper with awesome music in the background, with a whole counter-culture style. It looked too good to be true. I guess it was in the end  :cry:

What can you expect. It looked somewhat promising as an open-world game, but they turned it into a linear mess with awful driving mechanics, horrible fighting and just about everything else you could mess up in a game.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

http://www.savechris...om/dlcinfo.html

Say what you want, this might be the only good DLC released for years, and I am actually considering getting it with this news of upcoming DLC. I wonder if Rockstar would be doing similar DLC.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

Looks like Zinyak kidnapped Santa

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:38 AM

What can you expect. It looked somewhat promising as an open-world game, but they turned it into a linear mess with awful driving mechanics, horrible fighting and just about everything else you could mess up in a game.

The sh*tty part is, why did they f*ck it up so fast? It looked promising, the first trailer and stuff. Then it goes silent for a few years, and now we've got this cockmunch of an abortion!

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

The sh*tty part is, why did they f*ck it up so fast? It looked promising, the first trailer and stuff. Then it goes silent for a few years, and now we've got this cockmunch of an abortion!

Entered development hell I suppose. They just stopped caring about it and then one day I suppose they just decided to make do with what they had and release it, and it ended up sh*tty. Just like Duke Nukem Forever.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 27 November 2013 - 04:54 PM.

When it was in a pre-alpha stage, it was being developed by Deep Silver Vienna (formally Rockstar Vienna) in conjunction with Eutechnyx. In 2010 though, Deep Silver closed down it's Vienna studio (putting those guys out of business yet again) and some years later left the rest of the game to Eutechnyx who either had no clue what they were doing or rushed it so quickly in an attempt to get it released, and look where it got them. They completely removed the open-world aspect or any sense of decent driving mechanics.

And Eutechnyx being a developer of primarily racing games prior to this trainwreck is no excuse. Rockstar San Diego had mostly developed Midnight Club prior to Red Dead Redemption after all. Then again though, Deep Silver is probably to blame, I'm guessing they forced the guys to develop the game as fast as possible in time for release, regardless of how buggy it was.

I apologise for going off-topic here as well. Regarding the Christmas DLC for SR4, it looks too corny for my taste.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

I think I'll pick this up, when I can get it around $20-$25.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

I think I'll pick this up, when I can get it around $20-$25.

You realise this DLC will only be $10 or free if you get the season pass

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

Continued playing after a six month pause. I was quite disappointed to find the real world destroyed, so I am stuck in the simulation. Hmmm.

Still, there is a cheat that disables the glitch effect from the world, making the game look a bit better...

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

I love this game. I loved it from the first moment I played it.

I got this after I got V, and while V had some great missions, this goes so far above and beyond to just be fun and wacky that I can't help but absolutely love it. That level where you fight a giant soda can. Incredible. That remastered tron level. Amazing. In fact, I loved every single mission in this game. I love the super powers. I love the soundtrack. It's almost as if this was a sandbox game specifically made for me.

It's a game that hates realism so much that your goal through most of the game is to break the rules of reality to take over more of the simulation. I love this game. It even starts out poking fun at mafia II, one of the worst games I have ever played. Needless to say, I loved that. Finally I have a game that doesn't take itself so seriously. Finally I have a game where I can just be myself and have fun and blow sh*t up and run up buildings and so on. It's fantastic.

Probably the best game I played in 2013. Again, this is after I played GTA V. I love Saints Row IV that much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users