1,105 replies to this topic
Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

Unique vehicle collector - not a bragger about this

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

WildBrick, dałbym ci lajka. biggrin.gif
On topic, the game is getting better and better, the farther in story I get. It is much more enjoyable than SR3 in my opinion.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

I have a simple yes or no question, so please answer yes or no

Do the choices at the beginning with you choosing between Cancer or World hunger and the Punch the dick in the head or punch the dickhead and the choice whether to high five josh or not, do they make a any sort of impact on the story what so ever

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 23:46)
I have a simple yes or no question, so please answer yes or no

Do the choices at the beginning with you choosing between Cancer or World hunger and the Punch the dick in the head pr punch the dickhead and the choice whether to high five josh or not, do they make a any sort of impact on the story what so ever

No.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

They pulled exactly the same sh*t as the last time. Cheats are available to buy on the Marketplace.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

I haven't played the game yet. But the credit for the superpowers and some other stuff in the game should go to the 2009 game Prototype. The glide powers, the running powers look so much like the ones in Prototype. Plus, you can buy powers in the game too I heard and it's the exact same here.

That being said, I had massive fun in Prototype and this has got some changes to it so I'll probably have the same amount of fun here too. I don't know if I'll be getting the game, though.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 21:31)
I haven't played the game yet. But the credit for the superpowers and some other stuff in the game should go to the 2009 game Prototype. The glide powers, the running powers look so much like the ones in Prototype. Plus, you can buy powers in the game too I heard and it's the exact same here.

That being said, I had massive fun in Prototype and this has got some changes to it so I'll probably have the same amount of fun here too. I don't know if I'll be getting the game, though.

The credit should go to inFAMOUS not Prototype, as inFAMOUS came out first

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:07 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 01 September 2013 - 12:13 PM.

I watched a few walkthrough videos and the game looks hilarious. I'll probably get it when they're done with all the DLC. I don't like buying games and feeling like I didn't get the full experience. Makes me feel cheated. How can developers and publishers be blind to that effect? I can't be the only one who feels that way. Ever since this DLC insanity started I've been purchasing less and less games on release day for the same reason. I barely pre-order because I feel like I'm being extorted. Pre-order and risk not liking the game, but you get a few extra toys to play with, or buy it after reviews, but then you don't get those toys. I don't like that. Why does anyone else is beyond me.

Nowadays I buy most games a full year after they've been released with all the DLC for less than the price of vanilla game released a year ago. And I feel like a winner. I feel like I cheated the system. It's stupid, I know. But if not buying a game makes me feel better than buying it, then clearly something is wrong with the way they do business or with their product. Or both. GTAV is probably the only game that I would pre-order if it was on PC. I seriously can't think of any other that's been announced so far. PC or otherwise.

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 11:00)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 21:31)

The credit should go to inFAMOUS not Prototype, as inFAMOUS came out first

They were merely a week or two apart tounge.gif

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Seeing this was delayed in Australia I had to revert to my original plan

After I've done that I'm gunna get this on the 12th because at my local EB Games a dude working there said the PS3 version would come on the 12th and not the 19th, which I was grinning from ear to ear when he said that cause now I can play the this before GTA V

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 10:31)

Also, the orb collecting is a lot like Crackdown.

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well, the game isn't horrible. Far from perfect but not horrible.
Despite the far-fetched story, the story is still executed with serious/hardass moments not that unlike SR2. So that's something.
The gameplay is actually pretty fun, but my main issue is the over-powering, I feel like in the first few missions your already a god and I HATE when a game gives me everything right off at the start.
But for what it is, it's worth playing to kill some time.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

I just beat the game and I gotta say it was REALLY FUN. It's a great game and it made me remember the first two a lot more storywise rather than the third one. The stupid sex jokes were replaced by references and spin offs! The superpowers gameplay is also REALLY GOOD. Feels really fluid and fun!

This isn't as good as GTA in my standards. But the game is definitely better than SR 3!

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'm enjoying this game a lot. I have gotten pretty far, but I always get sidetracked from doing missions or anything else when I see 30 clusters in my range. I feel like I must grab them all.

• Rebel likes this

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Haha I'm the same, if I see a bunch right near me I end up getting side tracked and collect them. Saying that, its even worse now that I have the collectable finder on my map. I'm really enjoying the game still. So glad I gave it a chance.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Also, the orb collecting is a lot like Crackdown.

And the superpowers yo, though it came out a year after infamous prototype. Also note renegade orbs. I liked crackdown's way of doing it, you start off small and get progressively better as you get xp for each set. But in SRIV it's kinda thrown to you - at least CD gave you time to use vehicles over running and jumping, something I don't think SRIV did very well.

However, I think most criticisms come from 3 things: using the same city and other assets, being even further away from SR2 than SRIII, and not being gritty-gritty bang bang for westerners. It's a shame, it's a nice game, just not the GTA competitor people held SR1&2 for.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Mind Over Murder is too damn hard. I always get Silver when I'm about to hit the last object :furious:

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Mind Over Murder is too damn hard. I always get Silver when I'm about to hit the last object :furious:

I get silver on those as well, but I am going to practice that game because I think it's fun. My problem with that power is I try to use it like I did in Star Wars the force unleashed. The easiest way to get gold is probably to use the mask head targets first. That's what I'm going to try next time I attempt gold.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by Secura, 05 July 2014 - 10:40 AM.

I get silver on those as well, but I am going to practice that game because I think it's fun. My problem with that power is I try to use it like I did in Star Wars the force unleashed. The easiest way to get gold is probably to use the mask head targets first. That's what I'm going to try next time I attempt gold.

Mind over Murder was probably the easiest minigame for me, especially if you include those god awful rift missions, specifically the ones that make you use telekinesis to throw the massive balls of death away from your face. God those were a bitch to get a gold medal on.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Mind over Murder was probably the easiest minigame for me, especially if you include those god awful rift missions, specifically the ones that make you use telekinesis to throw the massive balls of death away from your face. God those were a bitch to get a gold medal on.

How could I forget the Rift. I have no problems with Telekinesis and Platforming ones but the Speed Rift is the worst and hardest one in the entire game. I never ever got Silver on Speed Rifts :facedesk:

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

i got gold on everything rather easily. but the telekinisis balls were anoying when you didnt catch them

never failed to get gold on them though

only time i struggles was some ground mayhems before tornado dash

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

So, all in all, everyone enjoys SR4? I guess SR3 will always be the "bad seed" of the series. 

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Not everyone, I was most looking forward to it and it not even out on Australia yet, gotta wait until Thursday

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:26 AM Edited by rodneythesavior, 09 September 2013 - 06:26 AM.

The Rifts are all easy, The game just doesn't do a good job of describing what you're supposed to be doing.

Platforming Rifts - Hit the center EVERY time, you miss one, restart.

TK Rifts - Take your time and aim a little higher than the center of the targets. 

Speed Rifts - Gather a bit of boost, and smash everything.

M.O.M. on Hard was pretty freaking difficult though, I had to restart about 60 times and when I got it i had less than a second left.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:19 AM Edited by billy james, 12 September 2013 - 05:20 AM.

God damn EB sold me dead info about the ps3 version, oh well I pre ordered any way

Also would deep silver be able to patch in the missing content

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 01 October 2013 - 06:12 PM.

GATV_DLC_image.jpg

Released on 17th of September. Free for that day ONLY on Steam (PC)

I see what they did there.....

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

Old, anywho, I played Saints Row 4 and I'll admit it, I rushed it, mainly due to GTA V, so I'll have to go back in later

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

I love sunshine, so the perpetual gloom of the game did drive me nuts. Still, Saint's Row series is still one of my favourites, with 2 being the best of the lot, even though it is the ugliest by far.

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Tried to play this, it was garbage as before.

Also, go on a "Warez" forum, and guess what? Hackers discovered over 3GB of DLC hidden in the PC version. Yea, that's right! They did it again! What is worse is that Volition blamed THQ over that in SR3, yet, they do it anyways and THQ is out of the picture. Epic fail on their part. Glad I was able to get best buy to let me get store credit for this pile of excrement. 

• Boxman108 likes this

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

Meh. Wasn't horrible, mostly fun just because how much you can just screw around. But definitely no Saints Row 2. 

• Boxman108 likes this

3Hunt
  • 3Hunt

Evilest nigga this side of the Mississippi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

I traded this piece of garbage in gamestop, I got 30 bucks niggaz! #eesymoney #swagginodatgame

Nah, but this only lasted three days for me, I couldn't complete the story, too much shooting aliens and that damn CID missions where he has to download sh*t in certain areas just pissed me off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users