Saints Row 4 - Official Topic

1,105 replies to this topic
ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

So the series went from Street Gangs to Celebrities to Super heroes.

What the heck is wrong with them? People like the older ones because they had a balance between humor and realism not unrealistic.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (AlexLB @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 15:43)
"There will be a director's cut of Enter the Dominatrix released as DLC when SRIV comes out."

Seriously, what's the point? This ENTIRE thing should be a DLC. And I thought CoD games were rehash after rehash.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by Narcis_speed6, 15 March 2013 - 07:39 PM.

I had faith in Deep Silver after playing some of the epic games they made, is all lost now...
edit: forgot to mention what a great job the artists made with the amazing poster (basically the only thing I like)

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:26)
So the series went from Street Gangs to Celebrities to Super heroes.

What the heck is wrong with them? People like the older ones because they had a balance between humor and realism not unrealistic.

No they went from street gangs, to celebrities, to ruling the country(you are the president in this one) to superheroes in a simulation.

And the first two weren't realistic, they just had the right combination of silliness and seriousness. You went one moment of throwing sh*t onto buildings to seeing one of your Lieutenants die.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 19:29)
I had faith in Deep Silver after playing some of the epic games they made, is all lost now...
edit: forgot to mention what a great job the artists made with the amazing poster (basically the only thing I like)

Not gonna lie, that poster looks awesome.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 19:30)
And the first two weren't realistic, they just had the right combination of silliness and seriousness. You went one moment of throwing sh*t onto buildings to seeing one of your Lieutenants die.

I meant that the games was not in your face humor kinda like San Andreas.

You said it better!

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

This is indeed Saints Row 3.5, it's only .5 because they seemed to have half assed it

Guess we gotta wait and see. GTA is out the month after anyways, soooo......... sigh.gif

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

The whole thing about the President of the USA doesn't even make sense. How could people vote for a psychopath to become a president? Voltion are stupid. They even changed the flag and the seal and they put Fleur De Lys everywhere. Come one now, it looks like an union between Quebec and the US. And this not a cross between SR4 and Enter the Dominatrix, this IS Enter The Dominatrix... I honestly liked SRTT, maybe because I played the third one before playing SR2. But anyway, Saints Row 4 looks like crap.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Looks f*cking stupid.

Not because there is insane new features, but because it looks like the exact same map and same everything.

It is essentially a large DLC or a mod.

The last game didn't even have a day and night cycle, if that isn't lazy game developing I don't know what is.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

What if Saints Row 4 is turned into Saints Row 5 and Enter The Dominatrix is turned into this?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Am I going blind or is this really SR4? It cannot be SR4. monocle.gif Hmm..Alright everyone it is confirmed! It looks like SR3 had sex with DC Universe and City of Heroes and this was their baby..

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 21:59)
Am I going blind or is this really SR4? It cannot be SR4. monocle.gif Hmm..Alright everyone it is confirmed! It looks like SR3 had sex with DC Universe and City of Heroes and this was their baby..

Sadly, it's a fact that this is the next Saints Row. It's sad to see such a great serie turn into such thing.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 21:06)
QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 21:59)
Am I going blind or is this really SR4? It cannot be SR4.  monocle.gif Hmm..Alright everyone it is confirmed! It looks like SR3 had sex with DC Universe and City of Heroes and this was their baby..

Sadly, it's a fact that this is the next Saints Row. It's sad to see such a great serie turn into such thing.

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Emperor of Outworld

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by Voit Turyv, 15 March 2013 - 09:12 PM.

I am wondering what SR5 (supposing the series doesn't die) will look like. An interplanetary sandbox with Saints colonising the solar system? (oh wait, it has almost happened - mission on Mars) Time travels? Dragons and mages?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

I am not falling for this again. I used to love SR games, one especially.

Against my better judgement I bought SR3 because all my friends were "OMG MANG, YOU N33D DIS GAEM. LULZ0R". So I gave in and I bought it....I regret everything.

And yet I already know I will probably buy SR4 because I am craving open-world games and it'll give me something to satisfy that until GTA V in September.

But lol becoming President of the US and then dealing with an alien invasion. Dafuq?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

This is the funniest joke ever. Thanks for the laugh guys.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by Gst0395, 15 March 2013 - 10:54 PM.

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 20:38)
The whole thing about the President of the USA doesn't even make sense. How could people vote for a psychopath to become a president?

My thoughts exactly. It's not just that either. How did they become famed celebrities with merchandise and reality shows despite clearly being part of a criminal gang? With the President concept, they took the stupidity of the celebrity idea and turned it up to a Spinal Tap 11, Jesus Christ.

I won't lie, I was very excited for Saints Row 3. I enjoyed it at first but after I completed the short story, I realized what more it could have been. Then came the low-quality DLCs, and now a "sequel" which looks to be a cut-and-paste job like CoD. Ironic they made fun of CoD in one of the pre-release trailers as well.

Verdant
  • Verdant

On Doomsday!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Okay, so I just saw the teaser trailer for Saints Row IV and I do think it's just 'okay'. After a lot of sh*t happened in Saints Row 3 such as Shandai possibly dying depending on what way you end it and Johnny Gat dying the first 15 minutes of the freaking game they have headed in a new direction once again.

It's not really repping the 3rd Street anymore. I wanted this to follow on about Dex which I found really disappointing in the third installment of the game. So, with Saints Row IV it's most likely going to end up a mix of X-man. In my eyes, I see the storyline playing out with a big bad villain going to destroy the city as only one team can stop them..the 3rd Street Saints.

Is it just me? or does the map look the same as 3? Seriously when I was about 25 seconds into the video it seemed like a DLC. I took a print screen of a shot from the trailer in full screen. Sorry if the quality is sh*t. I wonder what the hell those red things are?
user posted image

Do I see surrounding areas in the distance?
user posted image

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by GTAb0yWonder, 16 March 2013 - 12:29 AM.

WHAT THE f*ck IS THIS sh*t? IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE SAINTS ROW 3! WTF?! ALIENS? WTF?!

Laughing at the SR fans in their forums! SO MUCH FOR A LOYAL COMPANY THAT CARES FOR THEIR FANS! We could let them... join us.. right?

+ Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +
  • + Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

Oh lordy the Saint Row series is going to downgrade even more sadly.

...I'mma play Grand Theft Auto V or Watch Dogs.

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

It's so sad with the story opportunities they missed out on. SR3 in a new city was the perfect opportunity to finally tie up all the loose end's with Dex, and I think it would have been a very serious and cool confrontation. But nope, instead they're celebrities and are battling some futuristic army!

And then there's Gat. Such an epic damn character, and they kill him off. The series died with him, and the writer even basically insulted the game itself when he was talking in the jail cell. He perfectly described the game and got killed off.

What made it worse was that it was shown in a freaking advertisement! WTF! With that you're expeting "Oh man, they're gonna bring him back in some sort of plot twist!". Nope. He dies. Who the hell was in charge of marketing for SR3?

And now there's this. I mean, why is it even called Saints row? It's doesn't have anything to do with the Row from Stillport which was what the story from the first one was based on, and now that they have freaking super powers? Wtf? That's not the third street saints! Hell the only original members are the boss and Pierce, and both have been turned into sh*tty characters. The boss is just a p*ssy now, he used to actually be pretty villian like which is why he was such a good character, and Pierce used to be this hilarious annoying whiney guy, and now he's some laid back smartass who tries to be funny and just fails.

They didn't listen to their fans after SR3, and instead of fixing the problems, they instead expanded on them. I hope one day in the future a gaming company will make a proper sequel to SR2, even just story wise.

CJPNE
  • CJPNE

Trick

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

I bet Rockstar are quaking in their boots.

Jokes aside, this is just Saints Row 3.5 and a glorified expansion pack.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

There is absolutely nothing positive looking about this game.

This is the complete bottom of the barrel of gaming.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

As much as I hated SRTT, I was a big fan of SR and SR2 and even championed it to my friends. I will get this game and play it, for old times sakes if nothing else.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Jesus H. Christ, everything about this game is so bad I can't find the words to describe it. Even the trailer was so goddamned empty with all these slogans "Series that changed the rules and blew out the minds". Really, that's the best you can do Volition? Spawn another piece of sh*t and make up the slongans to pump up the hype like last time? How about "Series that tried to be like GTA, but failed miserably, because we're so f*cking stupid that we can't produce another part worth its predecessors and Saints Row name." They should leave it and either get back to the roots (there's not hip hop gangsta wannabe game on the market right now) or scrap the series completely. For me SR2 was the last SR.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

What volition SHOULD have done to please both crowds and keep their sh*tty movie references is to have SRTT part of the "simulation" with the new "simulation" inside that, and part of the game is the crazy simulation with the other part the ACTUAL Saints Row, with access to Stilwater and Steelport, and continuing from SR2.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

I just had a play test of Saints Row IV it was sloppy, disgusting and just felt amazing after I stopped.

Wait, I think I'm confusing Saints Row with taking a sh*t.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

I pre-ordered the Third, but I'll buy this one when it will be around 20... It isn't worth the full price

"Oh, but you want a serious game! SR isn't about seriousness"

No, I like a coherent game. A game can be over the top, but there are many ways, and volition seems to just trow in every cool thing they can think of. It's like comedy: you can make a comedy movie with tons of realistic and unrealistic elements, but if you just made fun of "everything" (like those "Epic movie" or "meet the spartans" films) at the end you just become boring.

"But you can't accept the change! The game can't be about gangs and gangbangers every time"

That's true, but, as said before, there are many ways to expand a series. If a series set some premises, some RULES in his game world (a pretty "realistic" world, even with an over the top plot) I can't just accept aliens, clonations and zombies all togheter. SR IV had a great premise: you became president of the USA! Even if this is a little too much (maybe mayor of steelport was a better things, since Burt Raynolds could be dead at the end of III), it open a tons of possibilities! I don't remember a sandox that gives you all this power (except maybe the last missions of vice city and San andreas, where you are the ruler and owner of everything), and it can open tons of possibilities... and they put aliens and superpowers in it.

"Who cares about the story? it's just an excuse to give the game some deep. The core is the gameplay, and it will be awesome!"

The biggest problem in trowing everything in, is that the gameplay can be half-assed, with tons of features that are poorly done or not usefull at all (like the "RPG" elements and weapon upgrade that make you invincible, making the game boring after some times). But while the core gameplay can be good, my biggest problem is that I can't play the way I want. What's the point of having a fully customizable character when I can't use it the way I intended?

In SR2 I create a bunch of protagonists: The first one was a (not so good) Claude speed clone, and I played the game like an unofficial"ending" of GTA III (the intro was perfect, with claude waking up from a coma after the final gunshot in GTA 3 biggrin.gif ). Then I created a Marlon brando-like guy, and I played like the Godfather. After that, I did a run like a crazy over the top villain (like Dick Dastardly, if you remember him), and one of the last run I did was with a fully cartoon character (something like purple skin and weird stuffs on it). even if some of my characters didn't really fit in the story (the godfather as fast and strong as a 30 year old man? It was weird biggrin.gif ), when I was in free-roaming I was able to play the way I liked, cruising trought the city in Limo with the godfather or blowing up stuffs in jets with my purple guy (and I tried to change my gang to fit the style of the character. ). Now, doing this is impossible. Even If i choose not to use my super-powers, the city is so messed up that practically impossible to have a serious character anymore. I can't pretend to be in Liberty City (or in a "real" setting )when everyone around me is dressed in some weird costume and oversize head, while I'm under attack of zombies, clones and teleporting guys (in SR3). They still don't get this part of the game right, and for a game that wants to give more freedom than "going bowling and watching tv on your tv" (like the trailer of SR2 claimed) , it's a big step back in term of freedom and liberty to play the way you want.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 08:49)
I just had a play test of Saints Row IV it was sloppy, disgusting and just felt amazing after I stopped.

Wait, I think I'm confusing Saints Row with taking a sh*t.

lol.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:21 PM Edited by kudoboi, 16 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

they better not charge this any higher than 29 bucks. i expect them to do something like dead island riptide and only charge half the price

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users