Saints Row 4 - Official Topic

1,105 replies to this topic
WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 22 July 2013 - 08:00 PM.

The first DLC called Enter the Dominatrix is coming 45 days after the game ships. It features a behind-the-scenes style narration as the characters explain why the content was cut from the game.

user posted image
A joke is funny once, Jaros says.

Then why the hell is the series still going? Beat ya all, haters
Jaros also says that players will learn how Johnny Gat is being brought back from the dead. He says that while silly things often get waved away in the Saints Row universe, they didn't want to do that with Gat. In other words, there will be a satisfying explanation behind his return.

This will be interesting.

There will also be 2 new videos coming soon.

EDIT: "Planet Saints" will be called "Planet Zinyak"
user posted image

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Wait so, enter the dominatrix is still going to be dlc? Wow, f*ck that.

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

This doesn't make any sense...

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm not letting Volition pull the wool over my eyes or anything, but these trailers are actually making Saints Row 4 look like a mildly serious game.

If they'd lay off the f*cking dubstep this might be a great game.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

So things are being cut from the game and they already announced DLC suicidal.gif
Another sh*tty half assed game
f*ck Saints Row, never buying these games again

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 22:56)
So things are being cut from the game and they already announced DLC suicidal.gif

You're just finding a reason not to buy the game.
The DLC was known ages ago and the game sounds even better after that small piece of news.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 23 July 2013 - 02:04 AM.

New Stuff.

Challenges

Challenge NameMax Amount RequiredDescriptionReward
Complete One Other Challenge1 ChallengeMight as well have fun with everything in the simulation, and earn a new great toy to boot! - KinzieWeapon - Abductor
Complete All Other Challenges65 ChallengesTotal master of all aspects of the simulation will let you take strenght directly from other virtual life! - KinzieNone
Blazin' Silver MedalsUnknownUnknownUnknown
Blazin' Gold MedalsUnknownUnknownUnknown
Genki's M.O.M. Silver Medals3 Genki's M.O.M. Silver MedalsEarn all of the Genki's Mind Over Murder Silver Medals to unlock the ability to catch thrown objects... with your mind - KinzieTelekinesis - Catch
Genki's M.O.M. Silver Medals3 Genki's M.O.M. Gold MedalsEarn all of the Genki's Mind Over Murder Gold Medals to unlock the Genki Weapon Skins - KinzieGenki Weapon C *Unknown, possibly Colors*
Insurance Fraud Silver Medals4 Silver MedalsEarn all of the Insurance Fraud Silver medals to resist being knocked down by explosisons. - KinzieExplosions - No Ragdoll
Insurance Fraud Gold Medals4 Gold MedalsEarn all of the Insurance Fraud Gold medals to resist being knocked down by vehicles. - KinzieImmovable Object *Possibly this means that there is no ragdoll when ran over by car*
On-Foot Mayhem Silver Medals7 Silver MedalsEarn all of the On-Foot Mayhem Gold medals to unlock more ammo reserves. - KinzieGateway Cache Ammo
On-Foot Mayhem Gold Medals7 Gold MedalsEarn all of the On-Foot Mayhem Gold medals to unlock even more ammo reserves. - KinzieGateway Cache Ammo
Super-Powered Fight Club Silver Medals3 Silver MedalsEarn all of the Super-Powered Fight Club Silver medals to call the Genki Girls for support. - KinzieHomie - Genki Girls
Super-Powered Fight Club Gold Medals3 Gold MedalsEarn all of the Super-Powered Fight Club Gold medals to unlock "Passive Agressive" for your Buff power. - KinzieBuff - Passive Agressive
Vehicular Mayhem Silver Medals6 Silver MedalsEarn all of the Vehicular Mayhem Silver medals to unlock Monster Trucks. - KinzieVehicle - Monster Truck
Vehicular Mayhem Gold Medals6 Gold MedalsEarn all of the Vehicular Mayhem Gold medals to reveal more parked Alien Vehicles in virtual Steelport. - KinzieVehicle - Saints X *Unknown*
Platforming Rift Silver Medals3 Silver MedalsEarn all of the Platforming Rift Silver medals to jump further and faster. - KinzieJump - Distance
Platforming Rift Gold Medals3 Gold MedalsEarn all of the Platforming Rift Gold medals to unlock the ability to slow your Glide for greater distance. - KinzieGlide - Distance
Speed Rift Silver Medals3 Silver MedalsEarn all of the Speed Rift Silver Medals to run on water - KinzieSprint - Water Run
Speed Rift Gold Medals3 Gold MedalsEarn all of the Speed Rift Gold Medals to Sprint Haste and reach top speed even faster. - KinzieSprint - Haste
TK Rift Silver Medals2 Silver MedalsEarn all of the Telekinesis Rift Silver Medals to power up your Telekinesis abilities. - KinzieTelekinesis - Power
TK Rift Gold Medals2 Gold MedalsEarn all of the Telekinesis Rift Gold Medals to unlock even greater Telekinesis Power. - KinzieTelekinesis - Power
Aliens Super-Kicked10 AliensHow many aliens can YOU punt? - KinzieNone
Death From Above Kills100 KillsDFA a hundred Zin. Just remember... if you're going commando, they can see it all. - KinzieNone
Distance Super Sprinted25 MilesRun! Run like the wind! - KinzieNone
Superpowered Beatdowns10 BeatdownsSometimes you really want the personal touch. Personally Touch some of the aliens, would you? - KinzieNone
Super Jump Air Time1800 SecondsGet some serious hangtime while superleaping. - KinzieNone
Telekinetic Catches30 CatchesCatch a Warden's thrown objects with THE AWESOME POWER OF YOUR MIND!!! - KinzieNone
Telekinesis Kills30 KillsKill some Zin with Telekinesis. It's fun and educational! Ok, it's not educational but it's definetly fun! - KinzieNone
Throw People with Telekinesis100 PeopleGrab an enemy. Throw an enemy. Simple, effective, and oh, so satisfying. - KinzieNone
Vehicles Super-Kicked10 VehiclesUsually I just break my toe. How's it work for you? - KinzieNone
Arc Lighting Kills10 KillsShocking one enemy is good. Seeing them share with each other is the real goal. How many can you arc the lighing to? - KinzieNone
Enemies Mind-Controlled10 EnemiesIt's watching them fight your enemies for youthat really makes it wonderful. - KinzieNone
Fire Element Ignitions10 IgnitionsSure you can burn your enemies the old fashioned way. But it's the personal touch that counts - KinzieNone
Freeze Shatters100 ShattersOnly one thing to ask when you shatter your frozen enemies: Why you gotta be so cold? - KinzieNone
Gravity Float Kills10 KillsWhat could be more fun than killing helpless Zin as they float in midair? - KinzieNone
Ground Stomp StunsUnknownUnknownUnknown
Health Stolen10 Health StolenIt's like taking candy from a baby, really. Except that Zin life-force tastes disgusting. - KinzieNone
Shrunken Enemies Squished10 EnemiesEver enjoy the feeling of mud between your toes? Zin don't feel anything like that. - KinzieNone
Bounce Rifle Kills250 KillsKilling with bank shots is fun! Remember, only Zin kills count. - KinzieNone
Dubstep Gun Kills *Yes, we are forced to*250 KillsPump up the volume, drop the bass a few times, and drop some Zin while you're at it. - KinzieNone
Targets Abducted150 TargetsYou call the UFO down, the UFO sucks the enemies up. Where do they go? Who cares. - KinzieNone
Targets Blackholed250 TargetsBlack holes suck. See how many aliens you can... suck. - KinzieNone
Enemies Disintigrated100 EnemiesScience Factoid: Technically, the disintigrator doesn't obliterate people. It breakes people into their component molecules... then obliterates those molecules. Obliterate some Zin molecules. - KinzieNone
Inflato-Ray Kills50 KillsAll around the simulation, the president chased the Zin goons. The President thought it was all in fun. Pop! go the Zin goons! - KinzieNone
Mech Suit Kills250 KillsLay down some heavy-metal hurt on the aliens. - KinzieNone
Tentacle Bat Beatdowns30 KillsKilling aliens with tentacles. Now that's irony. - KinzieNone
Destroy Alien Vehicles100 VehiclesThere's one universal constant you can always count on: things blow up. - KinzieNone
Destroy C.I.D.s100 C.I.D.sC.I.D.? Kinzie says it stands for Control and Interface Device. So as long as it gets blown to bits when it tries to protect the aliens. - KinzieNone
Destroy Murderbots60 MurderbotsMake these robot scum go crunch. Mine-thrower or Laser-Minigun -- which is your favorite flavor? - KinzieNone
Destroy Portals30 PortalsThey just keep coming.. at least until you blow up their portal and send them bak to where-ever they came from. - KinzieNone
Kill Aliens1000 AliensTravel to interesting places. Meet new species. And kill them. - KinzieNone
Kill Wardens30 WardensThe bigger they are, the harder they explode into data-bits when you annihilate them. - KinzieNone
Alien High Notoriety Time20 MinutesPoke aliens with a stick. Or just shoot them. Either way, keep them good and mad. - KinzieNone
Aliens Taunted50 TauntsExpose your new alien friends to the particulars of human cultural expression. - KinzieNone
Audio Logs Collected39 LogsHidden in Virtual Steelport are audio logs collected from many Saints and Sinners. Find and listen to them all. - KinzieNone
Distance Travelled in Alien Vehicle2500000 FeetNothing beats cruising virtual Steelport in a sweet alien ride. - KinzieNone
Distance Travelled in Mech Suit4 MilesIt's the only way to travel. - KinzieNone
Text Adventure Collected8 Text AdventuresCan you beat the entire game-within-the-game? That's the game within-the-game-within... - KinzieNone
Time Spent with Homies120 MinutesSpend time with homies recruited into your crew. Questioning their fashion choices is optional. - KinzieNone
Zinyak Statues Destroyed36 StatuesIt's the next best thing to actually punching him in the face. - KinzieNone
Weapons

Weapon NameSkins
Guardsman AR•Default
•Freckle Bitch's
•Red Plaid
Impulse Rifle•Default
•Black Gold
•Blue Plaid
Soakmaster•Default
•Steampunk
•Heavy Metal
Magna 10mm•Default
•Giraffe
•Gold Plated
Nailgun•Default
•Hot Rod
•Workman's Comp
Cyborg Pistol•Default
•Gold Plated
•Unknown
Side Quests

NameObjectivesDescriptionReward
Simulated Instruction•Race Through the system
•Win Zinyak's favorite game show
•Test your mettle in super fight club
Start to degrade the simulation's stability by completing Activities. - KinzieWeapon - Semi-Automatic
Took me an hour to write all this... tounge.gif

EDIT: There are also clothes from "Nobody Loves Me" Clothing store but I don't have time to list them.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

All that crap is confusing

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 01:57)
All that crap is confusing

Some of it is also ridiculous. We are forced to use Dubstep Gun, walk on water and have no ragdoll for explosions and running over by vehicles mad.gif

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

I have to agree about that annoying ass dubstep stuff. Why in f*cking hell does Volition think dubstep is IN ANY WAY going to help market IV after the catastrophe of the Third?
And to boot, they are really screwing my interest into waves, on one hand it looks cool but then they release stuff like that animal protection trailer that just makes the game look stupid as hell. I'm going to get the game, but they seriously better impress me because I f*cking pre-ordered the Third with my friend last year and we were was furious to what we got. So whatever they have behind that stupid dubstep gun and furry nonsense better be real good. And for the record I am only speaking on behalf of myself.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

Why did you get all that stuff Brick

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 02:17)

If "Why" then I don't know. I thought I'd let people know.
If "Where" then I found it on Saints Row Wiki.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 13:25)
QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 02:17)

If "Why" then I don't know. I thought I'd let people know.
If "Where" then I found it on Saints Row Wiki.

Scumbag IPad

King of the Mole-people
  • King of the Mole-people

People don't forget, nothing is forgiven.

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

Does anyone know if the sky changes at all in this game? every gameplay thing we got so far has the same dark-yellowish sky.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 22:28)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 22:56)
So things are being cut from the game and they already announced DLC  suicidal.gif

You're just finding a reason not to buy the game.
The DLC was known ages ago and the game sounds even better after that small piece of news.

Why would I buy a game that is not finished?

Moth
  • Moth

When life gives you lemons, nuke the planet.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (King of the Mole-people @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 00:31)
Does anyone know if the sky changes at all in this game? every gameplay thing we got so far has the same dark-yellowish sky.

Good question, since they forgot to give SR3 a day and night cycle.(Seriously how do you forget something like that?)

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 08:21)

Good question, since they forgot to give SR3 a day and night cycle.(Seriously how do you forget something like that?)

There is no day/night cycle. Most of the game is played at night, although with story missions the sky gradually gets lighter. However, territory and stores you don't own will be a harsh red, and when you take the city over it all changes to a soothing blue.

As for the lack of day/night cycle, it's engine limitations. Their lighting engine was designed for linear shooters, not open world games.

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

ronin returns wow.gif yessssssss!!!

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (gtafan899 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:47)
ronin returns wow.gif yessssssss!!!

Damn it, I hated the Ronin so much, I want Ultor back

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 09:53)
ronin returns wow.gif   yessssssss!!!

Ultor are back. In one of the trailers you can see a girl attacking a Masako soldier.

I liked the Ronin. They need more badass outfits though. The silly glasses and the white trousers looked bad,

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 21:06)

Ultor are back. In one of the trailers you can see a girl attacking a Masako soldier.

I liked the Ronin. They need more badass outfits though. The silly glasses and the white trousers looked bad,

What were the Green gang named, the Jamaican dudes

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Emperor of Outworld

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 10:18)
What were the Green gang named, the Jamaican dudes

They were Sons of Samedi.

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 10:06)

that wasn't a girl it was matt miller.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 08:45)

There is no day/night cycle. Most of the game is played at night, although with story missions the sky gradually gets lighter. However, territory and stores you don't own will be a harsh red, and when you take the city over it all changes to a soothing blue.

As for the lack of day/night cycle, it's engine limitations. Their lighting engine was designed for linear shooters, not open world games.

Seriously? What are they making the game with FPS maker or what?

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 12:27)

Is it a different engine to SR3? Could have sworn that game had a cycle?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 13:04)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 12:27)

Is it a different engine to SR3? Could have sworn that game had a cycle?

SR3 sort of has day-night cycle. Time of day changed every time you complete a mission or activity. It is actually nice having permanent night or day, it feels like real time.

QUOTE (gtafan899 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 12:03)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 10:06)

that wasn't a girl it was matt miller.

Nope. It was Asha Odekar (Image)

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Is that a Gunslinger or a Hollywood?

Either way, it seems they've added ride height customisation, either that or the cars are like that anyway.

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Saints Row 4 DLC season pass costs $10, adds anal probe
by Steve Watts, shacknews.com, Jul 24, 2013 10:00AM PDT
Saints Row 4 is out in a month, and publisher Deep Silver has announced a Season Pass for its downloadable content. The pass is available for pre-order for $9.99, and will include two extra mission packs, along with an exclusive weapon. Deep Silver notes these will cost approximately $15 bought individually.
The two mission packs include the Enter the Dominatrix "Director's Cut," and a second mission pack planned for late 2013. You'll also get the "Rectifier" anal probe weapon, because this is Saints Row we're talking about.

Read more: http://www.shacknews.../#ixzz2a1McUqCX

Moth
  • Moth

When life gives you lemons, nuke the planet.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

Wasn't the anal probe the reason why SR4 was banned in the land of Oz?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users