• None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

DLC announced already??!!?
WTF? mercie_blink.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Saints Row 3 is one of the worst open world games I have ever played and apparently, this is based on it's DLC. bored.gif

Pass.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Got a screencap of them mentioning DLC.

Not buying this sh*t.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

It looks sh*ttier than the last one. I was hoping they would go back to the roots. They didn't learn anything from Saints Row 3.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:38)
Okay so they combined a few month's of work together. Still not impressed, still looks like a bulked-up DLC.

I mean, if they started work on SR4 before merging with the Dominatrix DLC, the DLC has clearly had a huge influence on what SR4 is all about. It looks just like the released screen from the DLC.

Edit:

To further drive home the point, the SR3 DLC's plot was:

...captures the leader of the Saints and imprisons him in an elaborate virtual reality simulation

SR4:

the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation.

Saints Row IV has basically taken on the DLC's plotline. Yes, they've changed 'dominatrix' to 'aliens'. Big woop.

That's not the whole plot.

This is.

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

@LazyboyEight Post it

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Didn't buy Saints Row 3 (even after 100%ing Saints Row 2, three times) and certainly won't buy this piece of piss. Really not impressed hahah!

The 'Crack House to White House' did make me laugh a bit, BUT GODDAMNIT I WANT MY GRITTYNESS BACK!

And the fact that they're releasing a 'Directors cut' is such f*cking bullsh*t, wigga, this isn't a film! Buy the game, get the full thing I say! You wanna release DLC, do it like GTA and release something good, not new f*cking clothes and vehicles. Mad level: 10.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

I liked Saints Row: The Third. Humor was a little bit overboard at times, but I didn't mind that the series went full comedy. The story was short, but missions (actual missions, not activities forced into main story) were great and Steelport had an atmosphere, not like Stliwater, which was more diverse, but pretty bland. Driving and shooting was finally fun and there were some cool toys and features to play around with.

However, I'm not excited about SR IV. I'm not sure if superpowers are a good idea. Even though I welcome SR's comedic aproach, I wish it stayed true to its crime roots. STAG and clones were little too much for me and SR IV goes even further. And it's painfully obvious, that even if Volition's decision to turn SR IV from DLC to full game was independent on GTA V's release, they are still rushing this to release it before GTA V. I'd wait to see whether SR IV is just glorified DLC or full game though. SR 2 was set in Stilwater and pretty much just expanded on SR 1, yet it was much bigger and better game than the first one. SR IV could be something similar.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (lh1 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:54)
That's not the whole plot.

This is.

But that's basically the DLC's plot but extended and changed around a little. If Saints Row 3 got it's DLC as planned, and then SR4 came out after, the plot-line would clearly be entirely different.

I'm not saying they've just taken the DLC and named it SR4. I'm saying that a lot of the content was simply going to be Saints Row: The Third DLC. This doesn't look like a new game, it looks like SR:TT with some additions. I know SR2 was very similar to SR1, but it still looked like a bigger improvement than this.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 20:13)
Saints Row 3 is one of the worst open world games I have ever played and apparently, this is based on it's DLC. bored.gif

Pass.

I spot the sarcasm there.

On-Topic: I've never played SRTT but I think I find it really interesting. I really wonder why it get's so much of hate.

For some reason the trailer Kudoboi posted won't load on GTAF and I can't watch it on youtube. sad.gif

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Saints Row Enter The Dom and Saints Row 4 were 2 different projects.

SR: ETD was a standalone expansion.

Its been streamlined into SR4.

The main SR4 story is that the boss became the president, and such.
The sub plot is the plot from SR ETD.

Can this stop now?

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 15:01)

Pass.

I wasn't being sarcastic, at all. smile.gif

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Apex., 15 March 2013 - 03:36 PM.

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 15:02)

Can this stop now?

Not denying anything you're saying here, I'm just curious, can I have a source please of who said that? smile.gif (I'm too lazy to find it myself)

EDIT: Cheers!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Well, I think this looks great! smile.gif

Technique
  • Technique

Insane.

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Obviously it's the last game in the chapter as they're milking SR3, add some new ''dlc's'' to it and call it SR4. It's going to be a tough butt rape, it seems like they want to push the baby out before it's done so they can earn a couple bucks more.
SR is dead, fellas.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 20:33)
QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 15:01)

Pass.

I wasn't being sarcastic, at all. smile.gif

Lol. I actually thought you said 'best' open world game. blush.gif

Saw the trailer a few minutes ago, Looks like Saints Row 1.5. bored.gif

Rewas
  • Rewas

• Members
  • None
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

This looks like Saints Row the Third or maybe it's just me.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Apex. @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 15:05)

Can this stop now?

Not denying anything you're saying here, I'm just curious, can I have a source please of who said that? smile.gif (I'm too lazy to find it myself)

I will help him to answer.

You can check the sources of these here and with this link

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by ccrogers15, 15 March 2013 - 03:37 PM.

QUOTE (lh1 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 15:18)
QUOTE (Apex. @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 15:05)

Can this stop now?

I will help him to answer.

You can check the sources of these here and with this link

I was actually just about to answer. I got caught up in a chat with someone on another forum.
Thanks.

Have a nintendo land.
user posted image

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:47)

Not buying this sh*t.

upload it to imgur or something and post it here pls biggrin.gif

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by AlexLB, 15 March 2013 - 04:07 PM.

Just watched the trailer basically frame by frame and well, there aren't many changes regarding the map, it's Steelport with some HL2 Citadel-like towers, the same ads featuring Zinyak from that SRTT EtD announcement patch and a few props with his name on it, same peds and cars, although some of them were retextured, a retextured Daedalus, aliens that look like a bit with STAG mixed with Crysis suit, a turret that reminded me of BioShock Infinite, a couple of new features that didn't impress me and blah, blah, blah.

So basically this is Saints Row The Third and a Half.

And again about the DLC:

Developing via Joystiq:

"That expansion [ETD] was cancelled and elements of it were rolled into SRIV," a spokesperson for publisher Deep Silver tells Joystiq. "There will be a director's cut of Enter the Dominatrix released as DLC when SRIV comes out."

LINK

SCREENSHOTS:
1 2 3 4

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 16:08)

Then I'm afraid you have either the worst sense of humor possible, or that you're a kid of 10 who gets horny on this alien sh*t.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 15:34)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:47)

Not buying this sh*t.

upload it to imgur or something and post it here pls biggrin.gif

user posted image

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 13:34)
I going to laugh at you all when this turn out to be good game

LOL. I will laugh when Volition will lose a lot of sales and decide to money grab from people's pocked using DLC's, basically they are a cod wannabe company. So don't be surprised if the franchise dies completely after this game comes out......

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Seems like the same piece of crap SR3 was but worse.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

I never thought I would say this; but SR4 actually looks worse than SRTT.

I already knew I wasn't going to buy SR4, but now I'm absolutely infinitely sure of it.

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

I LOVED SR2. It was actually a really good game with a really good story and some awesome features that should be in a GTA game. SR3 wasn't that good, it went away from the gang style and went into some silly over the top BS that just ruined the entire story and everything, and it even took away some of the awesome features of the second! PLUS THEY KILLED GAT AND THAT WAS EVEN IN AN ADVERTISEMENT! WTF!

Now this...wow. THIS is what happens when a company doesn't listen to their fans. Absolute garbage. They ruined a series that could've been so amazingly good so bad that it will never recover. Volition is literally going bankrupt when they release this game.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Ahahaha, haha... heh. I'm actually dying of laughter right now. They've just announced the game and released a small teaser trailer but they've already managed to stir up a massive sh*tstorm.

You know, when I watch trailers for sequels, I'll be like "Oh cool it's a new game." But for this trailer, I'm like "Wait isn't this the same game?"

As many others have stated, the whole franchise has turned into a huge joke. To the people who claimed they are not purchasing this game, do me a favor and keep to that promise. I have seen people who have said the same thing about a video game but still bought it in the end because they doubted themselves. Don't fund this comedic poo, you're no better than all the suckers who fall for this.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Things take an out of this world turn when a “catastrophic alien invasion occurs,” and the Saints are transported into an odd, Steelport simulation.

While in this alternate version of the city, the Saints wield “gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien boss Zinyak’s mental grasp”.

F**k that s**t. Now I feel how people felt.

And Steelport again...

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 16:51)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 16:08)

Then I'm afraid you have either the worst sense of humor possible, or that you're a kid of 10 who gets horny on this alien sh*t.

I would probably rate this 5/10 right now.
I'm just curious about it, that's all.
I never played SR3 but I absolutely loved SR2.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

That trailer looks kind of awful, it looks completely estranged from the SR series. I didn't play SR1 but I've played through SR2 a couple of times, and I really enjoyed that as it's own style of game. I followed the hype of SR3 and pre-ordered it for release day, I was really looking forward to it but after playing it for a couple of days, I honestly haven't touched it since. I think we can all agree while there were some fun aspects, it just lost that feeling SR2 had. I should probably give it another chance before before saying it was completely crap to the end, as I haven't completed the story or any of the DLC so I don't have the best insight compared to someone who has, however.

Now there's this SR4 trailer, oh dear oh dear. The trailer seems to paint it as a completely different genre, apart from the occasional insert of a censored dick and dancing on cars. The action and music were actually good and maybe it could have potential, but not part of this series, because we just know they are going to insert that over-the-top campness into it.

I'm not going to dismiss it completely and I'll probably follow the marketing campaign to see if it's worth a shot, but at the moment it doesn't appeal to me at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users