Photo

Saints Row 4 - Official Topic

1,105 replies to this topic
FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 22:11)
I'm still debating with myself.

I don't know if I should get this...

Have you read Idolninja's article? It automatically made me pre-order the game. Honestly, I'm looking way more forward to SRIV than GTAV. I think it's because I find the SR stories to be a bit more creative than GTA stories (don't tear my head off).

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 10:50)
The jump from realsim to such fun in SRTT was not required and unnecessary.

Wow, an actual, literal example of "no fun allowed."

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Awesome. So glad that they decided to bring him back. inlove.gif Didn't really seem like we'd ever see Gat again!

Definitely going to be a day one purchase for myself. I guess its time to just accept what the series has become and enjoy it for what its worth.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

So wait, is Gat back for real, or is he just back in the VR?

And I think I have a reason to finally buy this game.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

he's back for real.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

still not sure about buying Saints row 4...

From the Review of Saints Row TT : "The funny parts of Saints Row 2 shone all the brighter alongside its more po-faced aspects. It's when you're wearing full lucha libre gear thwacking at zombies with a big floppy dildo is part of the everyday routine that it starts to feel less special." (cit. Zero punctuation)

I have the same problem with SR 4. The game could be crazier, but it has less options, because I can no longer play as a "normal" criminal, or even a normal person, when the world around me is full of zombies, aliens and superpowers. Plus, I'm scared of tons and tons of DLCs with important sections of storyline in them...I don't really know what to do.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Yes!! Gat is back!

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

If he's only back in the simulation then it's kinda upsetting.

Hope he's back in the real world.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

I still can't get over the fact that they turned a gangster tale into this cheap piece of crap with aliens and zombies. It's so frustrating.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 20:49)
I still can't get over the fact that they turned a gangster tale into this cheap piece of crap with aliens and zombies. It's so frustrating.

Just hoping this is the end of this story arc.

It'd be a good move to go back to how SR1 was in SR5. Volition have rounded up some fans with this SR3/SR4 stuff, and the SR1 fans will most likely get it too.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 20:26)
If he's only back in the simulation then it's kinda upsetting.

Hope he's back in the real world.

Look at the start of the trailer. It's in the free world. Gat is in goo. It's pretty obvious what he is....

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

But if they get back to quasi-seriousness as in SR1 and SR2, some newly acquired fans may leave them in similar way to GTA IV.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 21:18)
But if they get back to quasi-seriousness as in SR1 and SR2, some newly acquired fans may leave them in similar way to GTA IV.

It's kinda different in this case though. Most people who didn't want SR1 or 2 just brushed them off as full on gangster games. SR1 kinda was, but SR2 wasn't.

But now they've got new fans and most now don't think of Saints Row as that game where you just gangbang. Most think of Saints Row as that game where you wear luchadore gear and kill zombies with a giant dildo. With SR5, they should keep all that but not shove it in your face. Let us choose how we want to play. SR1 gangster focused story, but the players can decide if they want to raid that storefront with a VICE 9 or duel wield cyber SMGs. That way, the casual gamers who prefer the cyber SMG approach wouldn't even notice the gangster story, and the SR1 fans would get a perfect game.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Kurropt Antagonist @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 19:24)
QUOTE (Hameer @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 10:50)
The jump from realsim to such fun in SRTT was not required and unnecessary.

Wow, an actual, literal example of "no fun allowed."

Such fun. Such symbolized the crazy amount of fun which was not required.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 16:25)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 21:18)

It's kinda different in this case though. Most people who didn't want SR1 or 2 just brushed them off as full on gangster games. SR1 kinda was, but SR2 wasn't.

But now they've got new fans and most now don't think of Saints Row as that game where you just gangbang. Most think of Saints Row as that game where you wear luchadore gear and kill zombies with a giant dildo. With SR5, they should keep all that but not shove it in your face. Let us choose how we want to play. SR1 gangster focused story, but the players can decide if they want to raid that storefront with a VICE 9 or duel wield cyber SMGs. That way, the casual gamers who prefer the cyber SMG approach wouldn't even notice the gangster story, and the SR1 fans would get a perfect game.

Frankly, they should just completely ignore SR1. If they are going to make a 5th game in the series, it needs to be like SR2 in tone when it comes to the story, and have a lot of side stuff. And they better not do one level at 6 locations instead of 2 locations of 6. The wacky stuff can stay, but away from the campaign. Maybe have a second campaign full of the wacky sh*t, I don't know.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

I still wonder how did he became alive.

I think that he did some kind of trick in that plane and never got killed.

By the way, I've noticed some stuff from Genkibowl VIII DLC in the trailer.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:11)
I still wonder how did he became alive.

I think that he did some kind of trick in that plane and never got killed.

Maybe he was taken by the aliens just before he was killed? We never saw his body in SR3.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

Might get this game now!

Also the voice actor for the Alien boss is the same one for Phillipe Loren so maybe he is the same person that had faked Gat death and put him in the Matrix.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

Gat being back isn't enough to make me get the game.
I mean what if he's actually part of a DLC that is only 2 missions long?
And all those weapons seen in that trailer are not even in the original game and instead DLC?
What if half the story is DLC?
I don't know if I should trust Volition.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 20:41)
And all those weapons seen in that trailer are not even in the original game and instead DLC?

You are one paranoid f*cker. Looks like you just want to find an excuse to not buy it.

The only DLC I remember them showing off before SR3 came out, was the preorder DLC. And that preorder stuff was pretty meh. Samething here, so far the only dlc that has been shown off is the preorder sh*t.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 01:46)

You are one paranoid f*cker. Looks like you just want to find an excuse to not buy it.

The only DLC I remember them showing off before SR3 came out, was the preorder DLC. And that preorder stuff was pretty meh. Samething here, so far the only dlc that has been shown off is the preorder sh*t.

Saints Row The Third's story was like 3x shorter than SR2. And then they came out with story DLC for it which was cut from the game. Then there were clothes and weapon packs which were cut from the game. All the DLC they released was already on the disc, hopefully that was just THQ's bullsh*t. I'm going to wait a week after launch before deciding if this game is just an overpirced DLC or a full game.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 02:52)

And then they came out with story DLC for it which was cut from the game. Then there were clothes and weapon packs which were cut from the game. All the DLC they released was already on the disc, hopefully that was just THQ's bullsh*t.

There's a Full Package for Saints Row: The Third with all the DLC and it's the same price as the regular edition now.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 01:57)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 02:52)

And then they came out with story DLC for it which was cut from the game. Then there were clothes and weapon packs which were cut from the game. All the DLC they released was already on the disc, hopefully that was just THQ's bullsh*t.

There's a Full Package for Saints Row: The Third with all the DLC and it's the same price as the regular edition now.

Now
Why wasn't the cut content in the original game?

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

Dumb f*cks are releasing spoilers now.

Game looks downright terrible IMO. I just can't grasp such a concept. This is embarrassing. But I do respect those that enjoy this game. It shows that they're open to try anything and don't judge books by their covers.

3Hunt.
  • 3Hunt.

Yeah.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

Twitch link.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 04:01)
Dumb f*cks are releasing spoilers now.

Game looks downright terrible IMO. I just can't grasp such a concept. This is embarrassing. But I do respect those that enjoy this game. It shows that they're open to try anything and don't judge books by their covers.

They gonna spoil entire game trying to bring old customers.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

SR4's PS3 version should come with a free port of SR1, like how SR2 was free with SR3.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm only buying SRIV to give me something to do between then and GTA V.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 22 July 2013 - 07:51 PM.

Deep Silver Volition took audience questions in a free-form panel featuring Saint's Row IV voice talents Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, and more.

The panel included Steve Jaros, studio head at Deep Silver Volition; Troy Baker (the default male character's voice actor); Laura Bailey (the default female character's voice actress); J.B. Blanc, who voices the alien overlord Zinyak in Saints Row IV; and Yuri Lowenthal (Matt Miller, Professor Genki).

Players will run into members of Saints Row II's Ronin gang in the new game.

Jaros says that two separate teams came up with the idea for the game's dubstep gun
independently. He blames the presence of beer in the office.

Jaros also says that players will learn how Johnny Gat is being brought back from the dead. He says that while silly things often get waved away in the Saints Row universe, they didn't want to do that with Gat. In other words, there will be a satisfying explanation behind his return.

Baker busted out his Booker DeWitt voice in an imaginary conversation between his BioShock Infinite and his Saints Row characters. "I came looking for the girl," he intoned as DeWitt. "Bring us the girl and we'll wipe away the debt." "F--- THAT!" he shouted back.

The alien Zinyak reads the entire first chapter of Pride and Prejudice over the in-game radio in the first part of the game.

The original ending included a choreographed Bollywood-inspired dance number. It was scrapped, but players can expect to see a bit of that flavor. "Saints Row is all about the arts," Jaros joked.

The first DLC called Enter the Dominatrix is coming 45 days after the game ships. It features a behind-the-scenes style narration as the characters explain why the content was cut from the game.

Jaros talked about the time during THQ's bankruptcy. He says the difference between Deep Silver and other groups that were investigating a purchase was night and day. They walked in and out of their offices and essentially said OK. It turns out, they were fans of what Volition was doing. One unnamed publisher seemed hesitant about Saints Row IV's superpowers, while it was a plus to Deep Silver. Jaros says Deep Silver has been hands off on the creative side, which has been amazing.

There won't be a pro-wrestling gang in Saints Row IV, and the zombie voice won't be returning. A joke is funny once, Jaros says. Wrestler Chris Daniels will be hosting one of the game's radio stations, however.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users