» «
Photo

Saints Row 4 - Official Topic

1,105 replies to this topic
ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:07 PM Edited by ccrogers15, 15 March 2013 - 02:44 PM.

user posted image

Saints Row`s Official Facebook has updated the cover photo to the photo above, the official SR4 logo.

Official trailer now live

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
  • Ramyhyday likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

"You are a joke and you have many jokes and there are many childish concepts/jokes."

But seriously, judging by the third, the fourth will be a bad joke. I'll still look out for this on the off chance it's no loner aimed at small kids.

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I hate seeing what Saints Row became. From a game that took itself seriously, had awesome looking clothing and character models,
went into a rediculous piece of garbage. SR2 and 3 are FUN games. not good ones.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by kudoboi, 15 March 2013 - 01:35 PM.

teaser trailer

oh boy this looks like a even more f*cked up version of SR3

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I going to laugh at you all when this turn out to be good game

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Looks like Saints Row 3.5.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 21:35)

Exactly. It's like Saints Row 3 with more DLC. Hopefully the DLC controversy from the third game doesn't come into this one as well.

Is this coming to next-gen though?

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

They should've waited for 8GB of ram for this much chaos.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 13:37)
QUOTE (Whiskey @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 21:35)

Exactly. It's like Saints Row 3 with more DLC. Hopefully the DLC controversy from the third game doesn't come into this one as well.

Is this coming to next-gen though?

nope its only for current gen

SlitYourGuts
  • SlitYourGuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 13:29)
I hate seeing what Saints Row became. From a game that took itself seriously, had awesome looking clothing and character models,
went into a rediculous piece of garbage. SR2 and 3 are FUN games. not good ones.

The last thing Saints Row 2 needed to was take itself seriously. We had GTA IV for that. But at least it was serious when it needed to be. It felt like the proper sequel to San Andreas that we never really got.

SR3 was just a f*cking joke.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

YourGirlRunHerFingersThruMyHair

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 13:32)
teaser trailer

That's too much.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Trigger Warning!

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

The thing about Saints Row is I hate their style. Whoever designs the clothing, the hair etc has no taste. It's all these cheesy, tackiness that may appear or look cool to a 12yo. But anyone else with a shred of style would no the character models and clothes look like sh*t. It's like some old, out of touch man, designing clothes for the cool kids.

I'll play it for the laugh though.

It looks totally Sci-Fi now which is mental.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

teaser trailer

At least this time I know for sure that I won't buy Saint Rows game ever again. Saints Rows 2 was the last playable title in series imo.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

it looks like the same map to me. Oh well. Least they could have done to suit their sci-fi stuff is to have it set many years into the future when the city is extended with more islands built onto it with alot of change. Ugh.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

The United Saints of America Rising to Power August 2013-
Saints Row IV™ Announced, Bitchez
- From the Crack House to the White House –

March 15, 2013 -- Larkspur, Calif., Today Deep Silver announced that Saints Row IV™, the ball-busting next chapter in the Saints Row franchise, is starting a party in your pants this Fall.

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.

Save the world, Saints Style.

Developed by Volition, Saints Row IV will launch on current-gen consoles and PC on August 20, 2013, in North America and August 23, 2013, in the rest of the world.

Could this mean SRIV is set in DC ?

SlitYourGuts
  • SlitYourGuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:00)
teaser trailer

At least this time I know for sure that I won't buy Saint Rows game ever again. Saints Rows 2 was the last playable title in series imo.

Ditto. Fool me once and all that.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (lh1 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:06)

March 15, 2013 -- Larkspur, Calif., Today Deep Silver announced that Saints Row IV™, the ball-busting next chapter in the Saints Row franchise, is starting a party in your pants this Fall.

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.

Developed by Volition, Saints Row IV will launch on current-gen consoles and PC on August 20, 2013, in North America and August 23, 2013, in the rest of the world.

Watch the trailer closely. The location is still Stealport from SR3.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm betting all my chips that this chapter will be a huge fail and that they'll discontinue the series.
From what I remember, when people start their complains right after the first trailer, the game tends to suck.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:09)
QUOTE (lh1 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:06)

Watch the trailer closely. The location is still Stealport from SR3.

Yes but that doesn't mean that's the only part

Look at this Quote

the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

So it's Saints Row IV August and a mouth later it's GTA V suicidal.gif mercie_blink.gif

I swear who ever schedules this sh*t should be fired

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

This started as an expansion to SR The Third originally. And it totally looks like it.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Eagles @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:11)
I'm betting all my chips that this chapter will be a huge fail and that they'll discontinue the series.
From what I remember, when people start their complains right after the first trailer, the game tends to suck.

Everyone said this about SR3, despite it getting high acclaim and selling more then THQ expected.

SR4 will succeed, even though we dont want it too.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:17)
This started as an expansion to SR The Third originally. And it totally looks like it.

It's not at all. Please do some research before commenting. It has been in planning stage in 2011 since before The Third releases.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

YourGirlRunHerFingersThruMyHair

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (lh1 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:22)

It's not at all. Please do some research before commenting. It has been in planning stage in 2011 since before The Third releases.

Yeah, SR3 was originally going to have a Dominatrix DLC or some sh*t like that but they put it in SRIV. Everything else is all SRIV.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

This started as the "Enter the Dominatrix" DLC. They publicly stated that they decided to turn that DLC into SR4. Sure, it's more content than they originally planned. They've bulked it up a bit. It still looks like a very lazy sequel.

Seriously:

user posted image

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

I remember loving Saints Row 2 balance of madness with gangsterness. This looks even worse then Saints Row 3.

What the f*ck happened Voilition, you had people even saying SR2 was better then GTA IV and you go and f*cking ruin it.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:27)

This started as the "Enter the Dominatrix" DLC. They publicly stated that they decided to turn that DLC into SR4. Sure, it's more content than they originally planned. They've bulked it up a bit. It still looks like a very lazy sequel.

Seriously:

user posted image

I love to post fact and rarely rumors so check this , then you will know what I meant.

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by AlexLB, 15 March 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Damn, there's already a DLC announced, something like a Director's Cut version of Enter the Dominatrix.
DeadlyCyclone (the SR forums moderator) accidentally wrote something like "first day EtD Director's Cut DLC" on the announcement topic, but it was already edited and removed.

Edit: lh1 beat me about that DLC thing,

Edit 2: Information was added back to another topic there:
"There will be a director's cut of Enter the Dominatrix released as DLC when SRIV comes out."

LINK

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

No, thats false.

SR4 started right after SR3 went gold.
SR Enter the dom was announced as a spinoff, not a sequel.

Its just combined into the already being developed game is all.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by Knife, 15 March 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Okay so they combined a few month's of work together. Still not impressed, still looks like a bulked-up DLC.

I mean, if they started work on SR4 before merging with the Dominatrix DLC, the DLC has clearly had a huge influence on what SR4 is all about. It looks just like the released screen from the DLC.

Edit:

To further drive home the point, the SR3 DLC's plot was:

...captures the leader of the Saints and imprisons him in an elaborate virtual reality simulation

SR4:

the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation.

Saints Row IV has basically taken on the DLC's plotline. Yes, they've changed 'dominatrix' to 'aliens'. Big woop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users