Jake Bugg

1 reply to this topic
Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I only know of very few people that actually enjoy Jake Bugg's work. I'm trying to find some fellow fans to have a chat about his work and future plans with. If you've not listened to Jake's music, then I've posted my favorite four below for you to give a listen too. As it says in the quote I got from Wikipedia, he's an artist from Nottingham, United Kingdom. I think he's amazing personally, but the question is, what do you guys think?

Bugg was born in Nottingham, to musical parents who separated when he was young. His father, whose name was Bugg, was a nurse and his mother worked in sales, both having previously made recordings. He grew up in the Clifton council estate of Nottingham and started playing guitar aged 12 after being introduced to the instrument by his uncle Mark. He also states that his formative musical moment was hearing Don McLean’s "Starry, Starry Night" on an episode of The Simpsons. He originally played bass guitar in his cousin's band while enrolled in a music technology course, but by the age of 16 he had dropped out and was writing and performing his own songs influenced by the Beatles, Johnny Cash, Donovan, the Everly Brothers and Jimi Hendrix.

Source Wikipedia

Wolfwood
  • Wolfwood

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I won't deny he seems to have some talent and a unqiue voice/spin on things, but I'm wondering how he will cope if he breaks through with a sophmore album - looking back at the likes of Paulo Nutini, etc., they all seemn a bit of a one trick pony. I know that sounds like a very unedcauted and boxed off opinion on the guy (and well, it is), but the TV adverts didn't really strike me as diverse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users