Photo

GTA LSC no swimming, really?

49 replies to this topic
GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Due to LCS coming AFTER SA, people's expectations were really high, and then they were disappointed by things such as "no swimming". Personally, swimming doesn't matter to me. It's an awesome game just they way it is. The game provided me with a great first impression.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

^ Based on your point DropThaSystem I still don't understand why peoples expectations were so high? What did they expect from a portable version of GTA? Even some of the really old Screenshot topics show people thinking the gameplay would be similar to III.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 07:08)
^ Based on your point DropThaSystem I still don't understand why peoples expectations were so high? What did they expect from a portable version of GTA? Even some of the really old Screenshot topics show people thinking the gameplay would be similar to III.

True, but still.. Since LCS wasn't "good" to alot of people, they just stuck to SA and forgot about LCS completely.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

And I dont understand why its not good, they need to look and see the games true beauty!

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 17:43)
And I dont understand why its not good, they need to look and see the games true beauty!

Yes, but those "haterZ" out there just don't understand the true beauty of video games. They believe that games are all about realism and perfection.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

^And Graphics, no one can excuse a good game with bad graphics anymore.... Considering I like GTA Chinatown Wars, it is kinda sad seeing that sort of critic

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

No swimming ruined the game for you? How long did you play it for?

There really is no need to swim in LCS, or III for that matter. There are no missions leading to it nor are there any rivers or places to go for a swim besides the huge body of ocean. You are not giving the game a chance if you let that ruin it for you.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

The lack of swimming ruins nothing for me. If you can drive reasonably well and are not being reckless, you can't accidentally fall in water in any of them. Even in SA, the ability wasn't used much aside from finding and completing another boring collectable and maxing another skill that lets you swim even longer (whoopie). Had some hopes for VCS to do some sunken ship exploring, but that game took those out of VC's map (and doesn't let you dive under the surface anyway). So what good is it?
  • GTAKid667 likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

The lack of swimming ruins nothing for me. If you can drive reasonably well and are not being reckless, you can't accidentally fall in water in any of them. Even in SA, the ability wasn't used much aside from finding and completing another boring collectable and maxing another skill that lets you swim even longer (whoopie). Had some hopes for VCS to do some sunken ship exploring, but that game took those out of VC's map (and doesn't let you dive under the surface anyway). So what good is it?

A very good point that you have made here, swimming is not needed in the game because there is simply no point, it is just an excuse for the players that can't drive to survive after hitting the water in their vehicle. :^:

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

The water in LC at the time of the game was very very cold. It was so cold that whoever entered it suffered from hypothermia.

Problem solved, let's find another one to solve.

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

I can't understand why LCS didn't have the swimming feature.

Sure, people say that it was to fit in with GTA 3 but in Vice City you couldn't swim but in VCS you could..

mostdope03478
  • mostdope03478

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

I guess Rockstars didn't want the protagonist to swim plus it is on the month of October nobody swims in that month only May-July when it's summer. But you can drive on the water which won't work in the real life but it will in the game

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Lewis Chappers, 23 October 2013 - 03:58 PM.

The water in 1990's Liberty City would even kill C.J. if he took a dip in it. It'd probably melt him like butter.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

The water in 1990's Liberty City would even kill C.J. if he took a dip in it. It'd probably melt him like butter.

cos on liberty was snow when cj was sent to kill forrels

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by gnad1992, 26 October 2013 - 12:50 AM.

this ruined it for me, why do you think you can't swim?

dumbass characters couldn't swim before 2004

off topic:

is that rachel starr in your picture?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

this ruined it for me, why do you think you can't swim?

dumbass characters couldn't swim before 2004

GTA LCS was released in 2005, dummy.

I don't really mind the lack of swimming ability in LCS. There is not much to do at sea anyway - other than get Hidden Packages - so it doesn't need much use IMO. It's annoying how it's easy to fall in though.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

You can "swim" using cheat device; unlimited health + super jump/fly.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

1) It wouldn't make sense that Toni could swim in 98, and Claude couldn't, especially if you dunk Toni in the water in the GTA 3 missions he appears in, when nobody could swim.

2) Liberty is loosely based off NYC, and nobody would dare to swim in the dirty Hudson water (I wouldn't think so anyway, if it's like the Thames in London), otherwise they'd faint or something.

Would've been nice, still. GTA 4 only made a slight improvement on it, where you could swim but not even go underwater.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'm guessing the real reason for the lack of ability to swim was that the engine was VC based and they only thought of adding it in VCS (LCS was much more primitive technically being an early PSP game, which is evident with graphics), and the LC map wasn't designed for swimming in mind (VC wasn't either, but in VCS they took their time to make it more swimmer-friendly).

MrBound
  • MrBound

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

No and dont exist mods for this ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users