Photo

Act of Kindness

23 replies to this topic
MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:46 AM Edited by MetalisticMCena, 14 March 2013 - 07:50 AM.

This man reads to a man that cannot everyday at lunch. I tried to look for a back story but I found none. This is amazing. More people like him need to exist.

user posted image

crispypistonx8
  • crispypistonx8

SAVANT OF MECHANICAL DEATH

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (MetalisticMCena @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 07:46)
This man reads to a man that cannot everyday at lunch. I tried to look for a back story  but I found none. This is amazing. More people like him need to exist.

user posted image

Yes. Illiterate people are easily controlled.. icon14.gif nice call

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

me against the world

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (crispypistonx8 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 07:53)
This man reads to a man that cannot everyday at lunch. I tried to look for a back story but I found none. This is amazing. More people like him need to exist.

user posted image

Don't be a smart arse.

Kindness is a very powerful thing as it creates happiness and more kindness. inlove.gif

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

What if the man who's reading isn't saving the other guy's life, but the guy who can't read is saving the other man's life.

THE READER
One man's journey, to read the world into a better place.
Coming to a theatre near you!

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (Coat. @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 08:53)

user posted image

Don't be a smart arse.

Kindness is a very powerful thing as it creates happiness and more kindness. inlove.gif

Kindness is for pussies. Plus it's bad for business for us.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

me against the world

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 09:35)

user posted image

Don't be a smart arse.

Kindness is for gentlemen.

crispypistonx8
  • crispypistonx8

SAVANT OF MECHANICAL DEATH

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Nowadays with all these f*cked up people walking the earth you need to know someone is worth your time before you give it away.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Coat. @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 10:34)

user posted image

Don't be a smart arse.

And gentlemen are pussies. Who needs to be gentle when an iron fist gets the job done better?

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 11:37)

user posted image

Don't be a smart arse.

And gentlemen are pussies. Who needs to be gentle when an iron fist gets the job done better?

Stalin had the same attitude, so did Mussolini, so did Hussein, and so did Kim Jong.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 12:08)
QUOTE (Ryda King @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 11:37)

user posted image

Don't be a smart arse.

Stalin had the same attitude, so did Mussolini, so did Hussein, and so did Kim Jong.

And look how much they conquered, before their end. All of which had a very long reign and grew to be old men.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (crispypistonx8 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 21:59)
Nowadays with all these f*cked up people walking the earth you need to know someone is worth your time before you give it away.

Boom! Nailed it! 100% agree.

And to you guys above, can you not quote that image 8 times in a row please? put a f*cking asterisk through the url.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:29 PM Edited by Ziggy455, 14 March 2013 - 12:31 PM.

And look how much they conquered, before their end. All of which had a very long reign and grew to be old men.

I wouldn't say destroying their OWN nations is considered to be a conquerable effect. Also, most of them met their ends by justice. An iron fist may be a way to clear the path ahead, but it damn sure doesn't stop the weeds from growing back.

Exactly. You could give a homeless guy ten quid to go buy some food, but he may just spend it on a shot of heroin, and then your kindness, although ironically poetical, is still unfounded.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 12:29)

I wouldn't say destroying their OWN nations is considered to be a conquerable effect. Also, most of them met their ends by justice. An iron fist may be a way to clear the path ahead, but it damn sure doesn't stop the weeds from growing back.

Never said it was. But look at their names, decades after their deaths. They are still remembered for being brutal dictators of war, and tyrants never to be forgotten. They destroyed nations, caused the deaths of millions, and were feared by many.

A hundred years from now, people will still talk about them. As they will about every other dictator and tyrant in history. That, itself, is a feat conquered. They have cemented themselves in history for all time. In truth, they have conquered time.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 12:34)

Never said it was. But look at their names, decades after their deaths. They are still remembered for being brutal dictators of war, and tyrants never to be forgotten. They destroyed nations, caused the deaths of millions, and were feared by many.

A hundred years from now, people will still talk about them. As they will about every other dictator and tyrant in history. That, itself, is a feat conquered. They have cemented themselves in history for all time. In truth, they have conquered time.

The same could be said for Gahndi, Mandela, Theresa, and countless others who have cemented themselves in history without doing decrepit, despicable things. On top of that, these people are only remembered for how much bad they did in the world? I understand it's a feat to still be a valid social figure years after your death, but a legacy of death and destruction? Nobody wants that.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by Ryda King, 14 March 2013 - 12:59 PM.

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 12:42)

The same could be said for Gahndi, Mandela, Theresa, and countless others who have cemented themselves in history without doing decrepit, despicable things. On top of that, these people are only remembered for how much bad they did in the world? I understand it's a feat to still be a valid social figure years after your death, but a legacy of death and destruction? Nobody wants that.

But in truth, what's more widely recognizable in history? A man who preached peace, or a man who created a world war? Opinions on the individuals not withstanding, people will always talk more about wars and violence than peace because humans are naturally violent. It's why action movies with explosions have bigger box office draws than a movie about books or peace preaching. It's why violent video games are huge and non-violent ones are not talked about as much.

Why do you think games like GTA and COD are so big, while non-violent games like Mario have faded away?

Because, to quote the late great George Carlin, we like war. We're a war-like people, and we're good at it.

Not to mention, war is far more profitable than peace.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

If I could choose between Stalin and some guy who was a gentlemen which history never heard of, I would choose the gentlemen... smile.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

WE'RE SO CLOSE TO HITLER - JUST BRING HIM UP ALREADY!

Anyway, I think I'm going to make a topic about this dog. He seems like a nice dog, and he's a very loyal pet it sounds like. happy.gif

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 12:53)

But in truth, what's more widely recognizable in history? A man who preached peace, or a man who created a world war? Opinions on the individuals not withstanding, people will always talk more about wars and violence than peace because humans are naturally violent. It's why action movies with explosions have bigger box office draws than a movie about books or peace preaching. It's why violent video games are huge and non-violent ones are not talked about as much.

Why do you think games like GTA and COD are so big, while non-violent games like Mario have faded away?

Because, to quote the late great George Carlin, we like war. We're a war-like people, and we're good at it.

Alright, you get ten points for quoting Carlin. (The man's more of a damn politically-correct messiah than Christ himself.) However, Mario hasn't faded away. In fact, Mario is pioneering the WiiU. However, I understand your point clearly. People love violence and war. It's a damn near idiot-proof profit. But I believe that causing a world war is easy. I think Gandhi and Castro would go hand in hand as big historical figures.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Lord of the Nipples

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Really?

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 12:37)
Who needs to be gentle when an iron fist gets the job done better?

So far I haven't seen any iron fist getting pussy.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 20:18)
WE'RE SO CLOSE TO HITLER - JUST BRING HIM UP ALREADY!

You just did.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by Ryda King, 15 March 2013 - 03:17 AM.

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 21:52)

Alright, you get ten points for quoting Carlin. (The man's more of a damn politically-correct messiah than Christ himself.) However, Mario hasn't faded away. In fact, Mario is pioneering the WiiU.

George was ahead of his time. Another figure, not of war though, that will and has conquered time. Of course, he did not exactly preach peace.

Mario is pioneering the WiiU, but is Call Of Duty on the WiiU yet? As soon as violent games come to WiiU or any other new system, you'll see Mario fade away yet again. Besides, we were merely using Mario as an example of a figure who isn't violent and has since disappeared from the spotlight when violent games come into the scene. Much like Mortal Kombat. How do you think that so popular? By being violent and gory.

But I believe that causing a world war is easy. I think Gandhi and Castro would go hand in hand as big historical figures.

Of course it is. All you need is a moderate sized group of individuals who have different beliefs than you, whether it be religion, race or just simply country. Eventually more will join their cause, as will those opposing them. Then they take their little war and expand it. More turf to take or more places to terrorize. And voila, you got a world war.

However, seeing Gandhi and Castro having tea together would be hilarious in our opinion.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

Call of Duty is already on the Wii U and violence in video games?. Does not really bother me, IMO.

Peace>War

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 03:17)
Call of Duty is already on the Wii U and violence in video games?. Does not really bother me, IMO.

Peace>War

And we're sure sales are through the roof. However, it must be taken into consideration how established COD is on other consoles. As such, the WiiU is not the first console on an individual's list for top tier gaming consoles, especially for violent video games.

Oh, and whatever happened to "do not reply to him, he is a troll"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users