Photo

Kick Ass 2

21 replies to this topic
Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by The General, 14 March 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Yep this is the sequel to the Kick Ass movie that came out in 2010. The first was based off of the comic, though not entirely. And so far, I am willing to bet, the same will happen with the sequel. I really did enjoy Kick Ass. Found it had a good mix of action and humour.
  • Prometheus likes this

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

Yay! Violence!

I liked the first movie. I hope they keep it simple. It surprised me to see the trailers for the first film and labeling it a straight up comedy, but it did have a nice story to it.

Movies are looking good this year. Let's hope this keeps up.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Jim Carrey's in this? Definitely going to see it. biggrin.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm really hoping they are those OH sh*t moments like the first one. Who else didn't drop their jaws during Big Daddy's death?

And Chloe Grace Moretz! I'm eighteen so it's alright for me to have a huge crush on her. So excited to see her kick some c*nts again!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

I loved the book, but it was daaaaark. I hope they don't water it down much.

And is it just me or is it weird that hitgirl is 15 now? I guess actresses do age, but a) Daniel wouldn't be in school anymore and b) she's in that weird period where she could be oversexualized and that's not really in her character.

/comicbooknerd

Stoked!

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 17:34)
I loved the book, but it was daaaaark. I hope they don't water it down much.

And is it just me or is it weird that hitgirl is 15 now? I guess actresses do age, but a) Daniel wouldn't be in school anymore and b) she's in that weird period where she could be oversexualized and that's not really in her character.

/comicbooknerd

Stoked!

I've read both comics and not seen the first film, so I've got similar reservations Otter (nice to see you by the way mate--I think we need a comic book topic in here somewhere).

I think the trailer was great and I saw a lot of memorable scenes from the book. There were a few differences, namely in that Dave looks a lot less weedy, Hit Girl is a lot older than in the comics (and a little to sexualised for my liking) and rather than being absent from most of the action as in the second comic, she's out with Dave kicking arse--which admittedly is a good thing.

Looks brilliant.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

New extended trailer, I assume for Comic Con.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by whatsstrength, 20 July 2013 - 04:20 AM.

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 08:14)
Jim Carrey's in this? Definitely going to see it.  biggrin.gif

I was excited at first until he started distancing himself from the film. Apparently he didn't want to offend the families of the Newtown shooting victims. If he's so ashamed of his involvement with the movie he should give his paycheck to pro-gun control groups.

His last good movie was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Ever since then he's become some spiritualist wack-job obsessed with painting psychedelic sh*t and making up religions. The guy gets weirder by the second.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 09:39)
New extended trailer, I assume for Comic Con.

Holy sh*t!

I'm so going to watch this.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

As someone who hasn't read the comics, but probably eventually will, I think it looks okay. From the jist of the trailer, I'm not sure that it'll live up to the original story-wise, but still looks fun.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

You know, i've watched the first Kick Ass movie, and though it was awesome and decide to read the comic book since it was based on them.
And so i read the book, it's good but damn man, it's not what i expected from watching the movie. It's a way more WTF wow.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Ignoring comics, just as a film, I didn't really like Kickass that much, it was alright, but it was kinda weird and muddled in my opinion, like it didn't know what it was doing, That's just my opinion on the movie.

I can't say i'm at all excited for number 2, i'll probably see it at some point though.

LindaD
  • LindaD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

loved the first part..

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Saw it the other night and I really enjoyed it. I think it's definitely on par with the first, if not better.

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

"Who do you think you are?"

"I am the motherf*cker."

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Saw this today, I liked it, more focussed than the first Kick Ass which felt like it was all over the place, for me at least. This one was a lot darker, but much much more consistent. Also I love the fight scenes, reminds me of Watchmen, very real looking fights filmed without too many choppy fight scenes, I hate those, although it doesn't have all the perfect choreography which is exactly what it's trying to portray, it makes the fights look real, real heros.

Also I f*cking Love Jim Carrey's voice acting in this, incredible, I f*cking love the accent, and I actually don't know how he can make his voice so perfectly deep when generally his voice isn't so low.

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

IV > V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Can't wait to see this.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

the first one was very good.

gtagirlie
  • gtagirlie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I loved it. Thought it was a shame that many pro movie reviewers gave it such low scores.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

I can't remember the last time I was so thoroughly disappointed with a sequel. The first one was great whereas this felt like it lacked something in every aspect... direction, story, music, humour, violence. There were too many superheroes/villains thrown in which left no time for character development or bonding between the characters. Everything felt rushed. There were probably only a couple of lines that made me smile and nothing else that made me sit up. Carrey's role was insignificant and he was

Spoiler
way too easily. The almost-rape scene was not at all funny and the slaughtering of policemen seemed to have been done just so they could have some sort of trademark violence in the movie. I have watched Kick-Ass over and over again because it's such a great film, but there's nothing in this one that ignites the same feeling.

Hopefully, there won't be any more Kick-Ass movies that tarnish my memory of the first.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Spoiler
Sounds like they've tamed it down from the books. It kinda sucks that the actors have grown up, too.

CarmenBeard
  • CarmenBeard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Kikckass is my second fave comic book movie after Scott Pilgrim! But sequels such, I agree with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users