Photo

Multiplayer Height Boundary

3 replies to this topic
SpoonTheMan
  • SpoonTheMan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Is there any way to bypass/change the height boundary in Multiplayer/Local Free-play? I'd like to have the ability to go to the Moon from MetalWars' map mod in Local Freeroam.

nixolas1
  • nixolas1

Creator/Destroyer

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

yes, by using cheat engine.
hook it to eflc.exe/gta iv.exe
be on ground, do first scan wiht unknown first value, and byte as type
go out of bound in game, when it gives you warning, do next scan with changed value
then go back in bound and scan for changed value
then wait a moment and move around in bound, and then scan for unchanged value
repeat last 3 steps til you only have a few values left
freeze a few values at a time and see if it affects bound limit
check if you can find some nice pointers (else the adress will change each time)
yay!

SpoonTheMan
  • SpoonTheMan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by SpoonTheMan, 18 March 2013 - 03:18 AM.

well, not as convenient as I'd like, but thanks. I might try that, though I might have trouble Alt-Tabbing back and fourth without the game crashing. Also, does the cheat engine need to be used every time you play the game, or can the modification to the code stay (keep the modified file/exe)?

nixolas1
  • nixolas1

Creator/Destroyer

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (SpoonTheMan @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 01:13)
well, not as convenient as I'd like, but thanks. I might try that, though I might have trouble Alt-Tabbing back and fourth without the game crashing. Also, does the cheat engine need to be used every time you play the game, or can the modification to the code stay (keep the modified file/exe)?

read some tutorials. once you find a pointer you can make a trainer etc, so you only need to press a button, and it disables limit. you cant save it to the exe in any easy way. its also possible to make it in scripthook, but you need skillz wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users