Photo

VC Object Limit?

8 replies to this topic
Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hey guys, working on a mod a old one what got cancelled and I've added a new object to Vice City (with the ID 4794, as that's the last ID made).

Now, as that was all well and dandy, I went to create a new object, and put it ingame (with the ID 4795) and I did everything needed, and there would be no reason why it would crash..
But it did.

I tried things like limit adjusters, but it still seemed to crash. And that's really all I can think of to fix it, as again - there's no other reason it would crash.

So I'm just posting this topic to see if the ID 4794 was the limit of objects for Vice City, so do you know how I can fix it (if this is the case).

Rage Team_old
  • Rage Team_old

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

use gta 4, no objekt limit

_DK
  • _DK

Call me 'The Bald Guy"

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Wait. He created a topic in III Era Modding section. He want to know about Vice City, and he typed this in topic title.
Do not try to help, if you don't know how.

I don't think there's a limit with this number. Did you created separated collision file or added it to original .col 'containers'?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Well, I did the usual routine, go in maps, create a new folder, new .ipl/.ide/.col, and apply them into VC reading it by GTA_VC.dat, so yeah. I added it into a (none original) .col container.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 23:25)
Hey guys, working on a mod a old one what got cancelled and I've added a new object to Vice City (with the ID 4794, as that's the last ID made).

Now, as that was all well and dandy, I went to create a new object, and put it ingame (with the ID 4795) and I did everything needed, and there would be no reason why it would crash..
But it did.

I tried things like limit adjusters, but it still seemed to crash. And that's really all I can think of to fix it, as again - there's no other reason it would crash.

So I'm just posting this topic to see if the ID 4794 was the limit of objects for Vice City, so do you know how I can fix it (if this is the case).

I got your Pm, So ...

I need to know what tools you have been using like 3dsMax 7, 8, 9 or 2010+ in which case what scripts you have. Ie Kam might be the problem.

I can also have a look at the models you have made and fix any problems.

Kams scripts do not export the collisions correctly as the X axis sometimes has an invisible but solid wall in game or the collision model spear is not aligned with the models DFF coordinates where the game will crash on the loading screen.

As for increasing the IDs.

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=17334 use the Picture for what to enter in the limits tool.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by ManDog, 14 March 2013 - 05:39 PM.

I tried the limits from the picture, and sadly that didn't work for me.

I've been using 3ds Max 2012, and yes. I've been using Kam's Max Scripts.
Also yeah sure, I can send over the files, no problem.

Sending a PM now.

EDIT: Alright, after loads of trial and error. X-Seti finally fixed it. Thanks man smile.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Your Welcome.

32720 is the ID limit I set for the LA2 posted on GTAG

Your doing good m8, keep it up.

Rented
  • Rented

GTA Vet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (DK22Pac @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 12:15)
Wait. He created a topic in III Era Modding section. He want to know about Vice City, and he typed this in topic title.
Do not try to help, if you don't know how.

I don't think there's a limit with this number. Did you created separated collision file or added it to original .col 'containers'?

Please scroll down/up until you find the 'San Andreas' section on the left side of this screen click on 'Modding' bam! opened up GTA III era NOT GTA3 modding.
Oh and please don't offend people, it's rude.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Games Modding is more about working on older games then the newer releases.

Sometimes people like the challenge and there is nothing wrong with this at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users