The Afterlife

77 replies to this topic
PinkRibbonScars
  • PinkRibbonScars

Also known as happpy11

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

There's no scientific evidence that there is an afterlife after we die, so no, I don't believe in it. I think death feels exactly like it felt on the 15 August 1564. Does anyone remember that time. No we don't because we didn't exist. Same thing with death.

I'm pretty much like this for most things, but I don't rely on scientifical evidence for everything. I believe that aliens are real and I also believe in the possibility of multiple or infinite universes.

Aether
  • Aether

Primordial Sky God

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by zVI Jackal IVz, 07 September 2014 - 07:56 PM.

I figured I'd come in here with a method that will allow you all to experience the "afterlife" for yourselves. You don't even need to be religious or have a belief to begin with.

Ever hear of astral projection??

AKA an out of body experience...

Everyone who has posted to this thread has this ability within them. I have done it about three times since this year started. Instead of putting faith into someone else's beliefs you can actually experience astral projection to come up with your own conclusions. Changes your perceptive on everything. Do some research if you want guys/girls. If this intrigues you all I can write up all the steps to accomplish it. 

indo_14
  • indo_14

Then and Now is Different

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

For me, i have Islamic Belief. i believe the afterlife is exist. I'm not meant to Straight to the Afterlife debate. but, almost all orders in Al-Quran is true, for example don't drink while you breathing, it because the water that you drank is going to your lung. I'm not saying that Christian bible or anything else is wrong and i'm not meant to praise me belief/religion. its all your will you gonna believe it or not. but that is my opinion

Sorry for my bad english

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

I'd like to believe in one, but can't without sufficient evidence. Near death experiences are a good start, but not 100% convincing.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

I'd like to believe in one, but can't without sufficient evidence. Near death experiences are a good start, but not 100% convincing.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

-Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)-

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

I figured I'd come in here with a method that will allow you all to experience the "afterlife" for yourselves. You don't even need to be religious or have a belief to begin with.

Ever hear of astral projection??

AKA an out of body experience...

Everyone who has posted to this thread has this ability within them. I have done it about three times since this year started. Instead of putting faith into someone else's beliefs you can actually experience astral projection to come up with your own conclusions. Changes your perceptive on everything. Do some research if you want guys/girls. If this intrigues you all I can write up all the steps to accomplish it. 

Astral projection/OOBE are actually quite common, and not a supernatural phenomenon. They occur when the body is disturbed in an REM sleep cycle, shifting the person into a state called 'sleep paralysis,' a normal thing which everyone goes through when they go to sleep. Being conscious in this state causes hallucinations; auditory and visually. From this, the person can slip back into a dream-like state, although not aware of it, and become confronted by the sensation of 'leaving the body'. I personally believe that when you die, that a state like that may happen, although not for long - and we wouldn't be aware of when it ends. Large amounts of DMT are released in the brain in death, which also cause such hallucinations; bright lights, strange noises, spiritual encounters. Yes, that experience may last perhaps a few minutes, but not for eternity. Although, for all we know, whilst in that state of dying, we hallucinate that we are born into another life - meaning those minutes of death, could feel like a lifetime for us; meaning, we are only living in the last few moments of death in a previous life. A quite strange theory, and I don't have enough proof to back it, but just an interesting way of thinking about it.

• GTA36362355 likes this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:50 AM Edited by mr toasterbutt, 26 November 2014 - 01:51 AM.

I don't think there is any true afterlife, once we die our organic matter goes back into the earth and forms into new life at some point later on.

Remember the way it was before you were born? The way you sleep at night?

That's after life.

• PinkRibbonScars likes this

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:18 AM Edited by russler97, 30 November 2014 - 09:22 AM.

Yes I think that there is an afterlife because there are hundreds of near death experiences by people  and also thousands of ghost sightings every year so im going to put two and two together and to be this is enough to say that I think that there is an afterlife.

ghost-photos-world-war-1-ghost-picture-4 like this photo and it      isn't photoshopped because it was in the 1940s  and also I dont think its that far fetched because if this is possible I think anything is. eso-summary_2357457k.jpg

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by Irviding, 30 November 2014 - 11:51 AM.

What is the deal with the photo?

I do believe in the afterlife. No idea what it is and I have no evidence of it, but I just do. Helps to get through the day to think of relatives watching over you, etc. No evidence it doesn't exist so why not
  • Carbonox likes this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

-snip-

What am I looking at? A picture of the universe?.....

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

like this photo and it isn't photoshopped because it was in the 1940s  and also I dont think its that far fetched because if this is possible I think anything is. 

buddy you're gonna' have to slow down and explain that one to us simple-minded peasants.

Jerome
  • Jerome

110% legal

• Facade Corporation
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:24 PM Edited by JayJay35, 30 November 2014 - 10:24 PM.

I don't want to look like the non-believer buster here but sadly I don't think afterlife exist... My grand-uncle had a heart attack for like 15-30 minutes and he woke up from it. He didn't saw a light, not a thing... He said it was like the best sleep he ever had.

• Gay Tony likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

What is the deal with the photo?

I've heard of it before, supposedly the extra guy showing up in it was someone who had died prior to the taking of the photo.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

well gee whiz!

that's all the proof I need!

AFTERLIFE IS REAL

/thread

• Tyler likes this

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:50 PM Edited by russler97, 02 December 2014 - 04:50 PM.

I have a theory Jesus could of been an alien from space and he knew more than us and he told us about god and the afterlife? just a thought? 

I just think that there is an afterlife because of the amount of ghost signings and the amount of NDEs (near death experiences) come on people wake up! 

I believe in ghosts (spirits).As it is proved fact that every thing in the universe is composed of matter but another thing which exist is energy.now all organisms are made of matter which can seen or felt.similarly the creator have creat creatures from energy which cannot be felt or seen in common manner. We have seen most people effecting from spirits who have manifistation of big power in unconscious state but when when they come to consciousness they can not show power like that. So it shows that spiritual creatures flows in the blood of people in unconscious state. From the holy books specialy from Quraan it is proved that Allah has created creatures from energy. In Holly Quraan Allah says I, ve created jinnat (spirit s)from fire without smoke. So fire without smoke is a form of energy.

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

Shameful re-post of my opinion from the old thread.

I haven't decided my stance on it yet. There's no compelling argument for either side. Part of me wants there to be and afterlife, as I fear non-existence/the unknown. On the other hand, if there is an afterlife, you will eventually go mad from the endless tedium and praise of God, and you're constantly being supervised.

Christopher Hitchens' view on North Korea pretty much sums up how I feel.

QUOTE (Hitchslap) "Religious belief is a totalitarian belief.

"It is the wish to be a slave. It is the desire that there be an unalterable, unchallengeable, tyrannical authority who can convict you of thought crime while you are asleep, who can subject you - who must, indeed, subject you - to total surveillance around the clock every waking and sleeping minute of your life - I say, of your life - before you're born and, even worse and where the real fun begins, after you're dead. A celestial North Korea.

"Who wants this to be true? Who but a slave desires such a ghastly fate? I've been to North Korea. It has a dead man as its president, Kim Jong-Il is only head of the party and head of the army. He's not head of the state. That office belongs to his deceased father, Kim Il-Sung.

"It's a necrocracy, a thanatocracy. It's one short of a trinity I might add. The son is the reincarnation of the father. It is the most revolting and utter and absolute and heartless tyranny the human species has ever evolved....(pause)

"But at least you can f*cking die and leave North Korea!"

I am in complete agreement with Whats Strength. Even if I was offered to go to 'heaven' if that exists, which I strongly presume it does not, I would say absolutely not. I do not care to sing songs and praise the dear leader all day for eternity. Another Hitchens quote shed light to me on why people want  the afterlife to be true so bad. "When you die it's like someone taps you on the shoulder and says "you have to leave the party's over". Even worse than that they say "no actually you have to leave but the party is still going on." I think that is what most bothers people about their demise." People can't wrap their heads around not existing. Just think of how everyone in Paris is getting along just fine right now without you. They don't need your existence in order for things to be well.

• PinkRibbonScars likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:43 AM

Shameful re-post of my opinion from the old thread.

I haven't decided my stance on it yet. There's no compelling argument for either side. Part of me wants there to be and afterlife, as I fear non-existence/the unknown. On the other hand, if there is an afterlife, you will eventually go mad from the endless tedium and praise of God, and you're constantly being supervised.

Christopher Hitchens' view on North Korea pretty much sums up how I feel.

QUOTE (Hitchslap) "Religious belief is a totalitarian belief.

"It is the wish to be a slave. It is the desire that there be an unalterable, unchallengeable, tyrannical authority who can convict you of thought crime while you are asleep, who can subject you - who must, indeed, subject you - to total surveillance around the clock every waking and sleeping minute of your life - I say, of your life - before you're born and, even worse and where the real fun begins, after you're dead. A celestial North Korea.

"Who wants this to be true? Who but a slave desires such a ghastly fate? I've been to North Korea. It has a dead man as its president, Kim Jong-Il is only head of the party and head of the army. He's not head of the state. That office belongs to his deceased father, Kim Il-Sung.

"It's a necrocracy, a thanatocracy. It's one short of a trinity I might add. The son is the reincarnation of the father. It is the most revolting and utter and absolute and heartless tyranny the human species has ever evolved....(pause)

"But at least you can f*cking die and leave North Korea!"

I am in complete agreement with Whats Strength. Even if I was offered to go to 'heaven' if that exists, which I strongly presume it does not, I would say absolutely not. I do not care to sing songs and praise the dear leader all day for eternity. Another Hitchens quote shed light to me on why people want  the afterlife to be true so bad. "When you die it's like someone taps you on the shoulder and says "you have to leave the party's over". Even worse than that they say "no actually you have to leave but the party is still going on." I think that is what most bothers people about their demise." People can't wrap their heads around not existing. Just think of how everyone in Paris is getting along just fine right now without you. They don't need your existence in order for things to be well.

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

That's an awesome video I love it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users