Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar Were looking at die hard 1 for ideas :)

16 replies to this topic
cmn1516
  • cmn1516

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

I know it's not number 1 news but hey, with this drought in GTA V news we need all the little things to cling on to. I was watching die hard one and in the scene where the robbers come in and cut the phone lines as john Mclane is phoning Argo (his limo driver) to tell him hes staying. Argo is listening to Stevie wonder skeletons... smile.gif so maybe they were looking for ideas for some heist missions etc and liked the song and made trailer 2.

Or maybe I'm just a sad person who thinks of this type of stuff but even if this thread bombs I know I've seen some people put up worse threads to talk about smile.gif

Yipee ki yay mother f*ckers smile.gif

Spiders2410
  • Spiders2410

Master of spaghetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by Adriaan, 13 March 2013 - 09:21 PM.

QUOTE (cmn1516 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 21:12)

Or maybe I'm just a sad person who thinks of this type of stuff

You people are learning.

user warned for this post.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (cmn1516 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 22:12)
I know it's not number 1 news but hey, with this drought in GTA V news we need all the little things to cling on to. I was watching die hard one and in the scene where the robbers come in and cut the phone lines as john Mclane is phoning Argo (his limo driver) to tell him hes staying. Argo is listening to Stevie wonder skeletons... smile.gif so maybe they were looking for ideas for some heist missions etc and liked the song and made trailer 2.

Or maybe I'm just a sad person who thinks of this type of stuff but even if this thread bombs I know I've seen some people put up worse threads to talk about smile.gif

Argyle.

--

I think it's coincidence. It's a really good song, and people of a certain age are very likely to have heard it, from the charts, more than soundtracks, I reckon.

However, you seem like a happy, well adjusted person, so I'm just going to throw a brofist your way.

cmn1516
  • cmn1516

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I regretted posting this thread as soon as i clicked post... sad.gif ha asking for abuse. I know i usually slate some threads on this site so i said if everyone is doing it.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

I know it's not number 1 news but hey, with this drought in GTA V news we need all the little things to cling on to. I was watching die hard one and in the scene where the robbers come in and cut the phone lines as john Mclane is phoning Argo (his limo driver) to tell him hes staying. Argo is listening to Stevie wonder skeletons... smile.gif   so maybe they were looking for ideas for some heist missions etc and liked the song and made trailer 2.

That's a nice observation, about the Stevie Wonder song being played in the limo. I agree, if the Rockstar story and scriptwriters need inspiration, they should start at the top, Die Hard. That was a milestone heist movie that is still riveting and ass-kicking today.

I think this is a good topic to discuss in the absence of actual info from our gods at Rockstar. To your point, yeah, there certainly have been many worse threads, but even the worst topic is better than a lot of the brain dead responses tounge2.gif that we have to wade through every day to find the intelligent stuff.

Yipee ki yay mother f*ckers colgate.gif

Spiders2410
  • Spiders2410

Master of spaghetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 21:24)
I know it's not number 1 news but hey, with this drought in GTA V news we need all the little things to cling on to. I was watching die hard one and in the scene where the robbers come in and cut the phone lines as john Mclane is phoning Argo (his limo driver) to tell him hes staying. Argo is listening to Stevie wonder skeletons... smile.gif   so maybe they were looking for ideas for some heist missions etc and liked the song and made trailer 2.

That's a nice observation, about the Stevie Wonder song being played in the limo. I agree, if the Rockstar story and scriptwriters need inspiration, they should start at the top, Die Hard. That was a milestone heist movie that is still riveting and ass-kicking today.

I think this is a good topic to discuss in the absence of actual info from our gods at Rockstar. To your point, yeah, there certainly have been many worse threads, but even the worst topic is better than a lot of the brain dead responses tounge2.gif that we have to wade through every day to find the intelligent stuff.

I got a warning so i'm going to be careful here.

I don't see the reaoning behind this. How does the song in the limo connect it? I remember when people though that stevie wonder song in trailer two was 2729 or whatever that was.

cmn1516
  • cmn1516

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Watching the way they all have there own purpose in the heist makes me think of our 3 protagonists and the roles they play in the stealth aspects of the heists. Disarming alarms,taking hostages or something else other than going in guns blazing. I hope we see a few missions in the game based on the film smile.gif

cmn1516
  • cmn1516

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Spiders2410 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 21:30)
QUOTE (saintsrow @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 21:24)

I got a warning so i'm going to be careful here.

I don't see the reaoning behind this. How does the song in the limo connect it? I remember when people though that stevie wonder song in trailer two was 2729 or whatever that was.

Sorry you had to get a warning smile.gif i kinda left myself open for the comeback...

but I'm not saying they are linked for sure but its just something fun i noticed.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

coincidence. I'm sure someone can relate GTA to most action movies in some way.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (cmn1516 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 16:22)
I regretted posting this thread as soon as i clicked post... sad.gif ha asking for abuse. I know i usually slate some threads on this site so i said if everyone is doing it.

If I have learned one thing in my time here at GTAF, never be afraid to post. You won't always be received very well but to hell with them, then. Keep at it, it was a neat coincidence. icon14.gif

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

My idol is Sam Houser

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (King Kapone @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 21:55)
QUOTE (cmn1516 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 16:22)
I regretted posting this thread as soon as i clicked post... sad.gif   ha asking for abuse. I know i usually slate some threads on this site so i said if everyone is doing it.

If I have learned one thing in my time here at GTAF, never be afraid to post. You won't always be received very well but to hell with them, then. Keep at it, it was a neat coincidence. icon14.gif

hahahahhah wise words right there xD

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Skeletons in the DENDER....dadaaaadaaaaaadaa....THATS A TRUCK

cmn1516
  • cmn1516

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

King Kapone icon14.gif

UncleD
  • UncleD

Don't worry guys, soon the wait will be all Ogre

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

There was a thread like this the day the trailer came out.

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

Die Hard needs to be the inspiration for every piece of media, ever.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

Die hard is bada** but I think the show 24 would be a better example. It was based in LA. The action and gun fights were awesome

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

haha yeah i recognized that too, when that song came up on Die Hard, my mind just instantly switch to GTA V lol.gif , hope we see some mission based on Die Hard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users