Photo

Varying gang territory colors

26 replies to this topic
OrangeGroveFamilies
  • OrangeGroveFamilies

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

As you probably know, the shade of the color dictates how common gang members are found in that territory and how hard it is to take that territory over. Darker shades mean tougher territories.

Usually, the beach area and Vinewood area are lighter colored. Grove Street/Ballas have less influence in those areas. However, in one of my save files, the beach areas are actually very dark in color and gang members very common. When I took the territory over, it was like one of the harder territories. Any reason for this, or is it a glitch? I figured all territories would be fixed on what shade they are, so I'm guessing it's just a glitch that I triggered somehow?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

There are a few methods for gangs to increase the density of the turf. Defending a hood from attack will increase Grove density a bit, up to a maximum of 55, IIRC. Or, failing to defend a hood will add density for the attackers. However, there are a hand full of methods (satchel trick, hood abuse, mastermind glitch, pomor maneuver) revolving around getting a "3rd kill" - the trigger that usually starts a gang war, during an attack. These tricks allow you to move the turf or gang that will get the density after the attack.

A possible scenario would be: CJ tried to start a gangwar in the weak turf but an attack was going on somewhere else when he got the 3rd kill. On the way back to a savehouse to cancel the attack he got close enough to actually trigger the attack so saving rewarded whichever gang was in control of that weak turf the maximum bonus.

So anyway, yeah. There are known glitches to explain what might have happened, and with a bit of practice you can make gangs appear in odd places and control the density. More information can be found at the link below.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=472819

Actually, I think Jack made a better topic. I'll see if I can find it.

OrangeGroveFamilies
  • OrangeGroveFamilies

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Ah, gotcha. I've been aware of extending gang territory across San Andreas, but I had no idea there were methods or glitches to control the actual density. I guess I somehow inadvertently upped the density on one of those beach territories.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

There's a high, medium & low density.

Gang map colors are as follows:

-Green (Grove)

-Purple (Ballas)

-Yellow (Vagos)

-Cyan (Aztecas)

-Blue (Rifas)

-Orange (Da Nang)

-Red (Triads)

-Grey (Mafia)

Sapphire (Unused gang 9)

Black (Unused gang 10)

Needless to say, certain colors are not displayed without cheat device codes. Likewise, gang 9 & 10 can't hold territory (let alone be seen) without cheat device codes.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

You can make every territory the highest density. Like what OrionSR said, use the satchel trick.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

The satchel method takes too long. There is a quicker (and easier) way, but I can't mention it outside the cheats section.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Some people have patience Addict smile.gif

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Never mind, I take it back. There is a method that triggers a "hood under attack" with the click of a few buttons, but I can't mention this outside the cheats section either.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 04:45)
A possible scenario would be: CJ tried to start a gangwar in the weak turf but an attack was going on somewhere else when he got the 3rd kill. On the way back to a savehouse to cancel the attack he got close enough to actually trigger the attack so saving rewarded whichever gang was in control of that weak turf the maximum bonus.

Could you just wait in say, a Taxi or other sub-mission vehicle, then when timing is right, trigger the sub-mission, which cancels the attack?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

You can do multiple things to cancel a(n) attack:

(1) Kill yourself
(2) Trigger a taxi, cop, etc.... Mission
(3) Do any of the storyline missions
(4) Race contest
(5) Attempt any of the schools
(6) Save the game
(7) Turn your game off
(8) Attempt the robberies
(9) Gamble at LV
(10) And more..

Also I've noticed, when i'm in, SF or LV, Ballas and Vagos never seem to attack, but when I'm in LS they usually attack every 15Min. Has anyone else confirm this? confused.gif

lol232
  • lol232

The Hardwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by lol232, 16 March 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Ballas and Vagos only attack The Original territories given in the game.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 16:25)
You can do multiple things to cancel a(n) attack:

(1) Kill yourself
(2) Trigger a taxi, cop, etc.... Mission
(3) Do any of the storyline missions
(4) Race contest
(5) Attempt any of the schools
(6) Save the game
(7) Turn your game off
(8) Attempt the robberies
(9) Gamble at LV
(10) And more..

Also I've noticed, when i'm in, SF or LV, Ballas and Vagos never seem to attack, but when I'm in LS they usually attack every 15Min. Has anyone else confirm this?   confused.gif

Adding to what lol232 said, gangs only attack you when you're in LS, which is why you haven't been getting attacks while being in SF and LV, would suck if that happened. Don't know if being in Red County triggers turf attacks or not.

The ways you suggested to easily stop the attack do not work if you are too close to the territory. (You would lose part of your territory if you did any of those tricks, apart from maybe 3 and obviously 7. tounge.gif )

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Minimum Density for Attacks: Vagos and Ballas will attack non-standard zones (except Los Santos and San Andreas), if the gang densities are high enough. Grove needs at least a density of 16, and the attackers need at least 20 in the same zone or an adjacent zone.

Next Attack:
The next attack timer counts down much more slowly when CJ is not within Los Santos. I have been unable to identify the exact boundaries of Los Santos in this context; they do not appear to be regulated by zones. The next attack timer is reset to somewhere between 10 and 30 minutes (real time) when in LS. Outside of LS the next attack timer can last between 3 and 7.5 hours. Note that the next attack timer is paused when on a mission, when flying an aircraft, or above 950 meters (inside of most interiors). 30 seconds is reserved to allow a short delay between ending the mission or exiting the interior.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

When I used the fly away from the map glitch, none of the territories that arose from the glitch got attacked upon takeover; when I used Ric-013's methods, I can be in Bayside Marina and Gang 10 will attack my Ocean Docks territory. Likewise, I can be in Angel Pine and Rifas will attack my Prickle Pine territory. I timed it and attacks happens about every 20 minutes, but I don't mind. I enjoy defending my territories. Ballas & Vagos never attack my territories, it's always the Triads, Da Nang boys, etc. Grove & Gang 9 are the only gangs (in my game) that own any territory.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Orion, how do you know all this stuff?! smile.gif icon14.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

I was part of the team that worked on the Master Mind Glitch. As part of the investigation into getting gangs other than Vagos or Ballas to attack a turf we also documented a lot of the fine details regarding gang wars and attacks. It's a big topic and the good information is spread all over, but there are some pretty good gems hidden in that topic.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (Gary-X @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 17:17)
The ways you suggested to easily stop the attack do not work if you are too close to the territory. (You would lose part of your territory if you did any of those tricks, apart from maybe 3 and obviously 7. tounge.gif )

Well I think (6) would work too.

(@ Orion)
Do you think that there is/or ever will be a way to get Ballas & Vagos to take eachothers territories.

Like in VCS, if you've ever played it.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 17 March 2013 - 02:49 AM.

It brought me forth some giggles when I first observed gangs in VCS attacking each others empires. Would like to see gangs in San Andreas attack each others territories. I don't think OrionSR knows about VCS though (let alone played it) because I asked him if he knew how to change gang weapons and he never replied to my message.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 17:43)
[QUOTE=Gary-X,Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 17:17] Do you think that there is/or ever will be a way to get Ballas & Vagos to take eachothers territories.

Like in VCS, if you've ever played it.

I started playing VCS but eventually got fed up with all the ridiculous side-missions and stopped playing. It's a bit of a sore spot with me.

Anything is possible with a good CLEO mod, but I'm not sure if there's anything out there. People come up with clever ideas for gang war mods all the time but I haven't noticed anything getting published.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

OrionSR, he has the PS2 version (not PC) so "CLEO" mods are of no use for him. I think he's seeking cheat Device (he uses Codebreaker 7, I think) codes.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

I have....

(1) Codebreaker V 6/5/8.1
(2) Gameshark V 4.1/ Broad Band
(3) ARMax and ARMax 3.14

Orion. Do you think there is a way use CLEO with AR? With the internet connection or mod it?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

Ah, well. I think we have some codes in there to increase the gang strength to a higher level than normally available. The final wave spawns with AKs and Desert Eagles. It's also possible to change which gang will spawn for gang wars, and even change up which peds will spawn. But other than that, I think PS2 cheat device mods are pretty much limited to altering the gang densities in various turfs.

One of my favorite all-time San Andreas activities is 4-star gang wars. I think ric or skills have published the codes for changing up the turfs densities we use in the Chain Game (Chain Game modified starter saves for PS2 are also available for download). The idea behind 4-star gang wars is to have gang turfs in LV and SF during the early gang war stage and to go take over these turfs while CJ has a constant 4-star wanted level. It helps that the cops stop spawning during the gang wars, and you really need to watch the health and armor spawns during the gang war to keep CJ healthy.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:41 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 17 March 2013 - 08:04 AM.

I found Action Replay codes that increase gang war strength beyond the Desert Eagles. In the 1st code, the game crashes when processing the 3rd wave; In the 2nd code, the game crashes when processing the 2nd wave; In the 3rd code, the game crashes when processing the 1st wave. Basically, I don't know what changes these codes entailed. I discarded them because they didn't work.

Wow, I thought the "Chain Game" thing prohibited the use of mods, cheats and other things of the sort.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:14 AM Edited by OrionSR, 17 March 2013 - 08:21 AM.

CLEO won't work with AR-Max. CLEO is basically a full fledged programming language that runs the same codes as the game scripts while the game is running. Cheat device codes simply aren't up to the task. However, technically I did use CLEO in my PS2 saves, but I had to copy the script block from my PS2 save to a PC save and run it on PC using the PS2 scripts. Then I copied the script block back to the PS2 save.

Hm... I thought I added lots of warning to those codes with increased gang war strength. There seems to be one higher level with the Desert Eagles, but none higher, so if the strength is increased too much it runs out of options at higher levels (it doesn't have a group with M4s or Rockets). I wrote these codes, but I don't really understand what's going on either. All the gang war stuff is hard-coded in the game engine so the best I can do is poke around with some of the variables to see what happens.

The Chain Game uses modified starter saves, but beyond that players are not supposed to use any kind of mods or cheats while taking turns. But that doesn't matter for independent play like the PS2 saves. The CG starter saves have lots of fun modifications: 4-star racing, extra "armory" hideouts with extra weapons with lots of ammo, extra and unused vehicles, warps between distant regions, extra and unused gang turfs, expanded garages with room for helicopters on the roof, mutant bikes, Madd Dogg mansion fix, tweaked reward vehicles spawns so they are always available, and... well, it's a long list - check the link.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

You created those codes, really? There were no cautions associated with the codes I found. The codes I'm talking were found posted on an abandoned website (don't recall name) before I joined GTAforums.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

These are the codes I posted for PC and PS2 close to two years ago (linked below). Seems like clear enough warning to me. Too bad the notes didn't get passed along when the codes were reposted.

CODE
0A8C: write_memory 0x96ab84 size 4 value 4 virtual_protect 0 // Attack/War Gang
0A8C: write_memory 0x96ab50 size 4 value 5 virtual_protect 0 // War Gang 2
0A8C: write_memory 0x96ab58 size 4 value 3 virtual_protect 0 // Gang Strength

Gang strength of 0, rival density of 1 to 14, armed with bats, 9mm pistols, Micro-SMG, and SMG
Gang strength of 1, rival density of 15 to 29, armed with 9mm pistols, Micro-SMGs, SMG, and AK-47
Gang strength of 2, rival density of 30 and above, armed with Micro-SMGs, SMGs, and AK-47s
Gang strength of 3, not seen without modification, armed with SMGs, AK-47s, and Desert Eagles
Gang strength of 4 crashes loading 3rd wave
Gang strength of 5 crashes loading 2nd wave
Gang strength of 6 crashes loading 1st wave

These look like the correct addresses for PS2 (NTSCv1).

0x66C7B4 // Attack/War Gang ID
0x66C7DC // War Gang ID 2
0x66C7D4 // Gang Strength

^from: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060450127

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 18 March 2013 - 07:07 AM.

Come to think of it, since the gang war strength codes are so complicated, I'd rather just make GSF territories yield high density using Ric's methods. 63 is the highest density (that won't crash the game), right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users