Payday 2

1,044 replies to this topic
Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

I always say "f*ck stealth" and blast the first guard I see with a Locomotive, other players love when I do that.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 12:34)
Thanks for the tips.

I was surprised there was not a G3/FN FAL or a Galil, it seems like perfect weapons for this type of game, especially the versions from Heat.

I actually find that the 1911 (Crosskill) is way more effective than any of my primary weapons. I was checking the stats out and it seems like the deagle does not lose any stats and is entirely better than the 1911. So I might grab that.

I only have two optics so far, one was preorder, the first on in the list with "I <3 Payday" on it, and a small red dot, the kind of tall one, and I don't like it much, I just need a small reflex/holo sight like a Kobra or the Eotech.

I will try the shotguns out, I also thought there should have been a better choice. I have no idea why that double barrel is the last unlock, it should be near the start. Also I would have loved to have seen either a fully automatic shotgun like the AA-12, or a conventional semi automatic, like a SPAS-12 or Benelli M2/M3/M4 or even better, a Striker.

It kind of annoys me that the SMG's are in the secondary slot. I would love an MP5 or P90 and a pistol.

Also it annoyed me that the first rifle, the CAR-15 style knock off, had basically no attachment abilities. I love how it looks but I wanted a bigger mag. I don't know if that is what you are saying the AK5 and M16 are similar to, because I don't want to shell out that much and end up with f*ck all options.

I did see some high level guy rockin the AKMS (2nd AK), I liked my time with the AKS-74, mostly because of the sights. I am not keen on small ghost rings and tight iron sights that block a lot of vision such as the AR-15 sights. The G36C also has this problem. But it looks like the AK5 and the AUG have really good easy to see sights, so I might switch over to them. Unless it is better to use the 870 in the primary slot.

Either way I am at around $800,000 right now, just going to gain some more for the achievement for having 1 million in spending cash, then ill start buying stuff.

Ill grab those shotgun perks and grab the Reinback first though.

When I was looking at the gun model I thought it said "Redneck" on the side, they should have named it that instead.

Also, any tips on how to kill the EOD/bomb squad enemies, (Hurt locker motherf*ckers) Them c*nts f*ck me up good.

You mean Bulldozer right? Then just do what fullmetal says.
In Payday 1 a full AK mag could kill them.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

I don't know what they call them in this game but my description is more accurate than their stupid made up name, as nobody uses a suit like that for combat. You can thank call of poopy for that whole mess. The problem with those dudes is I always encounter them alone, and he will just floor everyone one by one as they never f*cking notice he is there. I just wondered if the melee perk would be useful or not, probably doubt it.

Anyway I played last night, got extremely pissed off failing a bank job twice in a row because my team got greedy as f*ck and some maniac circular sawed all deposit boxes in the vault and it took forever and we ended up running out of ammo and dying also due to having too many bags and not knowing what was gold and what was money and we had the worst van location also, infront of the front door.

I also tried the Reinback, it was insanely good, even at a decent range I could oneshot people where it might take 3 shots to fully kill someone with the 1911, though I did miss that pistol.

The only thing was it takes f*cking forever to aim, and reloading then wanting to fire it also takes ages so at times it felt super clunky, where if I had my 1911 I could at least knock people over quicker. I know there is perks for faster aiming and reloading but they are going to cost me like 24 perks just to get them not including ones needed to spend just to get the ability to buy them.

I also tried the AUG, and the AK5.

The AUG looks great and the iron sights are much better, but the recoil makes it useless. The AK5 wasn't as good as I hoped, but in the end after I put on the stock with the cheek piece, I found it to be decently accurate as much as my G36C was, only with a better iron sight, the only thing was the cheek pad goes through your face and you can see through it, and the first time I did this it glitched me out the map and I fell through it.

Anyway, I might try the full size shotgun as a primary next and go with the 1911 or Deagle. The only problem other than random sluggish behaviour with it was you get f*ck all scavenged ammo with the shotgun. I was finding it very difficult to maintain ammo, where as it wasn't that bad before with my 1911.

I am tempted to try the 92FS, though I don't know if it is just too weak to use effectively.

I also got an infamous item, a chrome color for my masks, it looks bloody batsh*t crazy. Some prototype iron man sh*t going on.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

I got 2 Infamous masks one is Chutulu mask and the other Is Wolf's mask. sly.gif

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Just bought it there. Any PC guys up for a game?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 20:32)
Just bought it there. Any PC guys up for a game?

Pretty much always when I'm online biggrin.gif

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

Add me mate! GrahamH220

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

I have you in my steam friends list already apparently... goddamnit. Why do you guys use different usernames everywhere tounge.gif I don't know whom is whom!

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Haha, I should appear as Whiskey now!

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:46 AM Edited by Azazel, 24 August 2013 - 10:12 AM.

We spend the last four C4's on a large safe we found...

user posted image

suicidal.gif

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 09:46)
We spend the last four C4's on a large safe we found...

-sandwich-

suicidal.gif

Ah, the bane of the deposit boxes.

Reminds me of drilling one safe I can get to on my own in Ukrainian job stealthily. Wait 130 seconds, literally nothing inside. Yaaaaaay...

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

I've almost unlocked the OVE9000 saw, I just need 3 more skill points to buy the perk, and I'll be good to go.

I jumped into a multiplayer game last night, and joined a Bank Heist on Overkill difficulty. When I entered the match, there was only one guy, who had managed to take out almost all of the guards, and get the drill going without setting the alarm off. Once I joined, I got the final guard to cuff himself out the line of sight of the civies, and both of us waited for the drill to finish. About a minute later two more guys joined, and one of them left almost straight away. Once the vault opened we bagged up the gold inside on the table, and started to move them to the van. Afterwards we worked on all the safety deposit boxes and got them all open and cleared out in under 20 minutes.

Once the match was finished, I managed to reach level 50 (hurray!) and get the achievement for doing so.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

^
Wow that's awesome I have yet to complete a Heist with being seen.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

Not sure if this has been asked but is the PD2 gameplay the same as PD in the fact that after you do each mission you choose a map from the main page again or is it like a follow on effect to the game?

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 06:43)
Not sure if this has been asked but is the PD2 gameplay the same as PD in the fact that after you do each mission you choose a map from the main page again or is it like a follow on effect to the game?

I have never played Payday The Heist, so I'm not sure what you mean.

For multiplayer you select Crime.net and it will show different lobbys for heists hosted by other But there are still heists that are not being hosted by anyone, so when you join you become host. Once you finish a heist, everyone stays in the same lobby, and the host picks a new heist the same way as before, but they can only pick ones that have no-one currently in them.

Hope that helped you out a bit, I'm not the best at explaining using text.

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

game keeps freezing every now and then since the update roll on 17th sept was hoping to play pd2 until then but this is just gone out the window now

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Anybody else have an issue with their mic acting up since the update?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Though the Reinback shotty is great, I have found the new winner of easily the best gun in the game.

The Mosconi 12G double barrel shotgun.

I have the stock off and, f*ck me does it own, instant kills anything short of a bulldozer and with the extra shotgun damage and faster shotgun reload perks, it is just my go-to weapon to save my ass.

God damn amazing.

Best score I got was yesterday, $417K in spendable cash, though I know you can get more.

It just seems like stealth is glitched or I am totally missing something. It really seems like people see you through walls or something f*cks up all the time. There has been times when shots have been fired and everyone got alerted but didn't do sh*t, then other times that alarms go off without anyone even having so much as a question mark above their head.

Also, part 2 of Big Oil, how the f*ck is anyone meant to beat that with anything other than luck?

For a game that is meant to be mostly about shooting, I highly doubt anyone is doing some serious math equasions during that mission.
  • FullMetal likes this

ninja1232
  • ninja1232

Its the Final Countdown.....

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Add me on Xbox! Siciliano Don

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

Daz is it really worth the money? I'm just waiting for extra/so much better attachements for my Reinbeck/AK5/M16/AMCAR to have them up and running properly (same counts for all my sidearms).

I can so afford the gun but I don't feel like 'wasting' money on something I don't feel is worth it. It's a double barrel... 2 shots only. Feels... weak/underpowered against what you come up to.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 12:34)
Also, part 2 of Big Oil, how the f*ck is anyone meant to beat that with anything other than luck?

For a game that is meant to be mostly about shooting, I highly doubt anyone is doing some serious math equasions during that mission.

That mission frustrates the living hell out of me.

It's basically impossible in SP, and the only way it seems to complete Day 2 is to do it stealthily, otherwise you'll just keep getting killed by the waves of cops shooting you while you get the engines to the chopper.

It doesn't help that there is next-to-no cover on the airfield.

I have yet to complete that mission.

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

Large, metallic bridge structure carrying cars across water.

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 23:47)
QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 12:34)

That mission frustrates the living hell out of me.

It's basically impossible in SP, and the only way it seems to complete Day 2 is to do it stealthily, otherwise you'll just keep getting killed by the waves of cops shooting you while you get the engines to the chopper.

It doesn't help that there is next-to-no cover on the airfield.

I have yet to complete that mission.

There are clues lying around the lab in Day 2 to help you find out which engine you need to take. There are a few clipboards, the whiteboard telling you which colour canister = which gas, and notes on PSI/bar readings.

If you browse on the Steam Community guides, you should be able to find a guide. I did, followed it, took one engine to the chopper, and it was the right one. Got the achievement for getting it right first time, too.

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

Yeah, its not impossible, it just seems the mission's complexity is completely unnecessary and out of place (I'd say the same for the meth cooking mission). The clues could be a lot simpler and easier to figure out for a person not using a guide. We got the achievement for getting it right on the first try on our first attempt of the mission, however it was by complete chance and we ended up all dying on the airfield immediately after getting the achievement.

Having to listen to Bain bumble through 3 batches of meth is also completely retarded. Should be 1, max 2 batches with all extra being bonus cash. Why would the recipe change with each cook? Doesn't seem very accurate chemistry wise.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 22:45)
Daz is it really worth the money? I'm just waiting for extra/so much better attachements for my Reinbeck/AK5/M16/AMCAR to have them up and running properly (same counts for all my sidearms).

I can so afford the gun but I don't feel like 'wasting' money on something I don't feel is worth it. It's a double barrel... 2 shots only. Feels... weak/underpowered against what you come up to.

100% yes.

It may help to have the extra shotgun damage perk, and importantly the shotgun reload speed perk.

But either way the damage is maxed, it has an INSANE amount of range, even with the stock off, and as long as you aim roughly near their head you insta-kill anyone.

I can tell you that it is beyond awesome, I used the Reinbeck as my primary weapon ever since you told me about it, and nothing came close, now I haven't even used it since, that is how good the sawn off is.

I don't know how it handles with the stock on, but I run it with it in "Gangsta Special" mode without the stock. It is defo worth looking into, even without the reload speed, though it helps, as you can reload both shots in about a second.

As for big oil, I'm sorry but anything in a game that forces you to do work outside of the game to figure it out shouldn't be there. Not that I am that arsed, but it is a cool mission, it would be nice to get the achievement for my friends, (I got it fluke first try). Having to convert units and do all sorts of sh*t is totally ridiculous, its fine if you stealthed it and everyone is dead and you can come and go as you please, but there should be a way to figure it out on the fly that people may understand without having to look at a guide.

We just did the framing frame mission stealthy but only I got the achievement, it seems like it is host only sometimes, and yet other times when an achievement seems to be a personal one only, everyone ends up with it. Something is defo glitched there. I haven't got the ukranian job cheeve yet because it doesn't give it to everyone and I dont have C4.

I hope I can get most of the rest of the achievements before I am out of the country, but I can't see myself ever getting the ones for RATS, that sh*t just seems way too hard right now.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

This game is unbalanced as f*ck.

I keep getting kicked from games because I don't have C4 and I can't get any C4 for just that freaking reason.

TEoS
  • TEoS

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 05:19)
This game is unbalanced as f*ck.

I keep getting kicked from games because I don't have C4 and I can't get any C4 for just that freaking reason.

Just do single player. Get to Day 3 of the mission Rats, and every time you beat it, pause and restart after collecting your payday. Takes about 50 seconds for me to do that mission, so you can't seriously grind out some levels + get some awesome gear in a short period of time.

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

I just picked this up last night to hold me over til GTA V. Any xbox players on here interested in doing some of the co-op missions? Message me please, thanks.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 19:31)
QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 06:43)

I have never played Payday The Heist, so I'm not sure what you mean.

For multiplayer you select Crime.net and it will show different lobbys for heists hosted by other But there are still heists that are not being hosted by anyone, so when you join you become host. Once you finish a heist, everyone stays in the same lobby, and the host picks a new heist the same way as before, but they can only pick ones that have no-one currently in them.

Hope that helped you out a bit, I'm not the best at explaining using text.

Yes, that helps! I'm not the best at explaining things either.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

I must be the only player that plays this game on Single Player only. I'm really good on it. I almost completed a stealth heist earlier... I got detected by a camera I was not aware of biggrin.gif I'm not sure when I'll play online with other players, I don't want to seem like a noob to them.

The game is amazing though smile.gif

TEoS
  • TEoS

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Stealth may be easier in single player, but pulling a proper stealth heist with your friends gives you a feeling that can't be matched. Me, Voodoo and Moonshield did a 3 star Framing Frame with the last day in stealth and earned about 15 million dollars (700,000+ spending cash) for our troubles, and the feeling of beating it without being detected completely trumped the cash prize.

The game is so fun to play that it's many technical faults are almost irrelevant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users