Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

Just got done with my first Ukranian Job.

Pretty fun game, I love it smile.gif

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'm about to do my first attempt on the Firestarter job, w/ just me and two AI team-mates, any tips?

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 01:09)
I'm about to do my first attempt on the Firestarter job, w/ just me and two AI team-mates, any tips?

Yeah, don't do it. tounge.gif

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 11:45)
QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 01:09)

Yeah, don't do it. tounge.gif

Learned that the hard way... I guess it didn't help it was on "Very Hard" difficulty. tounge.gif

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

cool, I finally completed one heist(jewelery) without alerting the cops. f*ck.yeah.

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Guys feel free to add me single player is crap

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Anyone played this on PS3? Was thinking about getting it but with GTA V a month out it might just
go unplayed for quite awhile.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Sweet Gasoline!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Anyone PSN Side, please add me: THR-MC_PRESIDENT
Just mention it's regarding Payday in the message space.

Currently PSN Side it is very difficult to join a lobby via the Map Overview, however invites work just fine.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by Quackerz Gamerz, 19 August 2013 - 12:27 AM.

For all those that wish to get the achievement/trophy where you have to find the OVERKILL hockey team poster on Day 3 of the Firestarters job, it is located in the safety deposit boxes in the vault, and I have a theory based on other players' findings:

I believe that the poster is located in the O, V, E, R, K, I and L columns, as people have said they have found it in columns L, E and V, and from personal playthroughs I have located it in K and I. And assuming that it is based on OVERKILL, one can only think that it can be found in O and R too.

If it is true, then that's quite a nifty trick there by OVERKILL. wink.gif

EDIT: Just posted this on xbox360achievements.org just in case it turns out to be correct.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 00:13)
For all those that wish to get the achievement/trophy where you have to find the OVERKILL hockey team poster on Day 3 of the Firestarters job, it is located in the safety deposit boxes in the vault, and I have a theory based on other players' findings:

First, one must get to day 3 of the firestarters job. I'm finding it hard, doing it solo and all. Weapon bags making you slow and being stuck in the hangar...

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Yes like I said single player sucks for this game & I cannot get into an online game this game is getting old very quick

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (GTAFanatic81 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 10:29)
Yes like I said single player sucks for this game & I cannot get into an online game this game is getting old very quick

How can it get old if you haven't really played it properly? tounge.gif

I'm sure they'll fix Crime.net at some point. Until then, you can just check 'Friends only' in the options, that way it will only show 'fresh' missions that have no players in them and such.

Just got level 56. I've been trying to get a Tactical Laser Module for my secondary Locomotive shotty, mainly by soloing Mallcrashers, Ukranian Jobs and Four Stores. No luck so far, though.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'll be getting this today, pretty stoked.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 11:19)

PS3, Xbox, PC?

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Anybody else having a problem on PS3 where no one seems to have a mic? I've yet to play a single online game in which the other people in the game are talking.

TenthAveFreezout on PSN if anyone is looking for a coop partner.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

I really want to unlock the OVE9000 saw, just so I can get through those damn lock-boxes quicker in the bank.

I have yet to complete a heist stealthily, but I got close when doing a "Pro Job" Gold Heist.
I managed to get the drill into position, and control the civies in the area, and I had taken out two guards and answered both pagers.
But I forgot about the third guard. He came in through the small room in the center of he bank, and fired at me, causing a civilian outside to call the cops.

If he hadn't have came through there, I would've been into the vault, and gotten the gold out without being spotted. sad.gif

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Anyone else like the Heists in PAYDAY 1 better than in this game?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Got this sh*t on thursday, it f*cking owns.

It just sucks that my american mates have all the stock problems and can't even get a copy and it makes me want to punch someone so hard.

On lighter news I got a bad ass mask:

http://i.imgur.com/VCtrZiw.jpg

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 19 August 2013 - 08:30 PM.

Holy sh$t. Done some research by looking through tons of pages on the steam forums:

Payday: The Heist (delayed for a few days, had very few bugs, was loved by EVERYONE, only friendly AI bots had few problems, crashes/disconnects here and there, had a bugged but patched Drop-in system that was added later on)

Payday 2 (people complain on game being rushed, not enough enemy diversity on higher difficulty (headshot only FBI everywhere AKA tan FBI), enemies shoot through walls, enemies see through walls when you try to stealh, sh*tty crime net, heists too easy with C4/SAW, same map for 4 heists, smaller maps, OP shotguns, sh*tty hit registration/hit boxes, lacks Splinter Cell Cloaker, and so many more problems)

Anyone on PC/PS3 who can buy digitally, get the 1st game instead! Payday 2 sounds like a major mess.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 12:25)
QUOTE (Moonshield @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 11:19)

PS3, Xbox, PC?

Xbucks. Will be heisting today when I get back from my studio.

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:42)
QUOTE (GTAFanatic81 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 10:29)

How can it get old if you haven't really played it properly? tounge.gif

I'm sure they'll fix Crime.net at some point. Until then, you can just check 'Friends only' in the options, that way it will only show 'fresh' missions that have no players in them and such.

Just got level 56. I've been trying to get a Tactical Laser Module for my secondary Locomotive shotty, mainly by soloing Mallcrashers, Ukranian Jobs and Four Stores. No luck so far, though.

Well I managed to get to level 15 and it took me a couple of days to get to that point but I wasnt liking the skill and cards that I was getting so I deleted the save and reset the game because all I was mainly getting were masks this time around I am a bit happier because im getting money bonuses and weapon mods im up to level 23 and thats just in one night all I can say now is im pretty good at 4 stores

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Sweet Gasoline!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 19:57)

Currently PSN Side it is very difficult to join a lobby via the Map Overview, however invites work just fine.

Anyone?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

I did some epic robberies last night.

I even got up to $263,000 in total spending cash on one job, it was awesome.

Though I find there is an even balance of people (around lvl 10) that don't know what the f*ck they are doing and refuse to extract after all loot is taken, which drives me insane as I don't get my cards. And evenly assorted with some decent players that know what the f*ck they are doing, though I don't encounter these people as often anymore.

Anyone know what the best weapons are to go with?

I haven't actually bought many weapons as I am buying perks instead. Currently going with the 1911 (Crosskill pistol I think) with a vented slide, ergo grips and custom iron sights, it owns hard, especially for headshotting FBI and SWAT.

Also using a G36C (JP36 I think) got the rail frame and solid stock. But I am not too into the iron sights and I don't like either of the two sights I own. The recoil is pretty much non existent on the stats but it doesn't feel that way.

I was thinking of going for the AK5 or waiting for the M16. I just wondered if shotguns are a much better choice, or smg's as I haven't owned either yet.

The game is MUCH better with a group of friends that know what they are doing. But occasionally you do find some good players if they are 30+.

I just wish the perk cost for the perks was not so high, because at this rate it seems like if I want 3 perks maxed out at one of the top 3 levels of a perk tree, it will be worth over half of my perks from 50-100, unless you can rank above 100?

I really don't like being restricted on how many perks I can have, I really want the C4 perk but I also want things like larger mags and the shotgun bonus perks all at once.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Daz protip: in alot of Heists there's alot of close encounters combat with firearms... Shotguns own in that sh*t. Reinbeck is the one to go gun actually. Should be an instant buy and I bet you will like it too.

Only flaw is once you put a decent "stock" on it it adds a top rail and you lose the Iron Sights (and you really need that cause without it it's sh*t). Or you would be lucky and have the Micro T1 red dot sight dropped by then.

Also Desert Eagle/Bronco are also top sidearms... or Locomotive fully pimped is also great. But not to mention, 1911 (Crosskill) is not to be underestimated for what it is.

For the rest so far I only tried out several rifles. AMCAR is great beginners weapon though I've seen higher level players use it fully pimped and say it beats other "expensive guns" out of the water.

The AK5 is also great but with no decent attachements it feals too weak compared to the M16A4 (but that one needs some serious attachements... and I feel ironsights on that weapon are the only great choice to go with because... I don't know).

As for the rest haven't really tried them out. Never tried the G36. For some re ason I feel there is a lack in different weapon platforms/systems. I really hoped for a H&K 416 in the game... or hell, f*ck that sh*t... even a M417 and a FN SCAR MK17 as high tier/really f*cking expensive primary weapons.

Also I feel shotguns are under represented in the game. I would have liked a couple of different shotguns. The SAIGA knockoff is sh*t people say and doesn't seem all that.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:34 PM Edited by Daz, 20 August 2013 - 12:39 PM.

Thanks for the tips.

I was surprised there was not a G3/FN FAL or a Galil, it seems like perfect weapons for this type of game, especially the versions from Heat.

I actually find that the 1911 (Crosskill) is way more effective than any of my primary weapons. I was checking the stats out and it seems like the deagle does not lose any stats and is entirely better than the 1911. So I might grab that.

I only have two optics so far, one was preorder, the first on in the list with "I <3 Payday" on it, and a small red dot, the kind of tall one, and I don't like it much, I just need a small reflex/holo sight like a Kobra or the Eotech.

I will try the shotguns out, I also thought there should have been a better choice. I have no idea why that double barrel is the last unlock, it should be near the start. Also I would have loved to have seen either a fully automatic shotgun like the AA-12, or a conventional semi automatic, like a SPAS-12 or Benelli M2/M3/M4 or even better, a Striker.

It kind of annoys me that the SMG's are in the secondary slot. I would love an MP5 or P90 and a pistol.

Also it annoyed me that the first rifle, the CAR-15 style knock off, had basically no attachment abilities. I love how it looks but I wanted a bigger mag. I don't know if that is what you are saying the AK5 and M16 are similar to, because I don't want to shell out that much and end up with f*ck all options.

I did see some high level guy rockin the AKMS (2nd AK), I liked my time with the AKS-74, mostly because of the sights. I am not keen on small ghost rings and tight iron sights that block a lot of vision such as the AR-15 sights. The G36C also has this problem. But it looks like the AK5 and the AUG have really good easy to see sights, so I might switch over to them. Unless it is better to use the 870 in the primary slot.

Either way I am at around $800,000 right now, just going to gain some more for the achievement for having 1 million in spending cash, then ill start buying stuff.

Ill grab those shotgun perks and grab the Reinback first though.

When I was looking at the gun model I thought it said "Redneck" on the side, they should have named it that instead.

Also, any tips on how to kill the EOD/bomb squad enemies, (Hurt locker motherf*ckers) Them c*nts f*ck me up good.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 02:47)
QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 19:57)

Anyone?

I'll get you when I get on PSN today.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

I joined a framing frame match yesterday and it happened to be a group of guys trying to stealth it. The server host was a level 50 and the rest of us just did what he told us to and we wound up beating the whole thing without firing a single shot. I got 600K spending cash after day 3.

I normally run one of the AK's with the 1911 as backup. It'd sure be nice if I could finally start unlocking some attachments.

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

At the moment im running a Reinfeld 880 shotgun (loving it) and a Bronco .44 revolver

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:34)
Also, any tips on how to kill the EOD/bomb squad enemies, (Hurt locker motherf*ckers) Them c*nts f*ck me up good.

Level up with the best armour... Reinbeck... shoot their faces. All there is to it to do. And be sure to take cover as much as possible and tackle them with 4 players together. They'll go down in mere seconds and won't be a hassle.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:53)
I really want to unlock the OVE9000 saw, just so I can get through those damn lock-boxes quicker in the bank.

I have yet to complete a heist stealthily, but I got close when doing a "Pro Job" Gold Heist.
I managed to get the drill into position, and control the civies in the area, and I had taken out two guards and answered both pagers.
But I forgot about the third guard. He came in through the small room in the center of he bank, and fired at me, causing a civilian outside to call the cops.

If he hadn't have came through there, I would've been into the vault, and gotten the gold out without being spotted. sad.gif

The jewelry store heist I've done stealthily twice, and I've also done the Ukrainian Job stealthily twice, solo.

Doing stealth solo is almost impossible, though. You can't see all the civilians, so some get up and run away. Or one on the other side of the street sees you. Oh well.

Meanwhile, I'm finding day 3 of framing frame impossible non-stealth, friendly AI die quickly and there's no easy place to defend. Stealth is reasonable, but I can't take out all the guards and I do little things like leave the bookshelf open to the vault or get spotted on the rooftop. Someday...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users