Photo

Payday 2

1,073 replies to this topic
Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:21 AM

I'm all for making DW stealth harder as long as it doesn't involve placing static guards on the map. DW on Car Shop was ridiculously situational when it first came out because of the static guard in front of the office, and I don't think I ever managed to complete it until they patched it to remove him. I know it was possible if you used a suppressed shotgun to move his body out of line of sight of the front staircase, but that's way easier said than done considering you had to get between him and the door and shoot him all before he became fully alerted.

As for having no one to play it with, we should play some time if you're on the PC version. I've been meaning to get back into this game lately.
  • FullMetal likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

It was mine, Cactus Wine!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:26 PM Edited by B Dawg, 08 October 2016 - 03:33 PM.

The update was a piece of sh*t, but it's Overkill, it's to be expected.

The design of the 'One Down' difficulty is actually sh*ttier than the design of Captain f*cking Winters.

Basically, all enemies are super bulletsponges, and deal super high damage, which makes Armor useless and Dodge the only way to go, while any weapon that isn't a f*cking Bow, Grenade Launcher, Flamethrower? and Thanatos completely useless and ammo inefficient (Bows and Grenade Launchers got buffed!) It's essentially Very Pay 2 Win in the weapons department.

The basic enemy on One Down difficulty has 1440 f*cking health, higher than any non-bulldozer enemy had on old Deathwish, and of course, low headshot multiplier. Bows and Grenade Launchers are buffed to do over 1000 f*cking damage, which are DLC only weapons.

So for the difficulty to be actually playable, you need Suit Rogue Dodge (ICTV Armorer gets taken out in 2 f*cking shots by said basic enemy at range), everyone with Medic Bags (because Bows and Grenade Launcher are very ammo efficient, f*cking hell, you get 50 f*cking arrows for one of the bows that you can take back from dead enemies + there's also ammo pickups for them as well?), Converts (since enemies are so super tanky and deal so much damage, on top of being so easy to intimidate), Inspire, Swan Song, and the mentioned weapons.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Niobium like this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

Getting back into it last two weeks. I found myself aching to the Payday game (duh and or hello, the game itself is pretty great).

Crimefest 2015 ruined it for me. Yes, you can say whatever you want that those f*cking ugly ass skins don't ruin anything for yourself if you don't bother about them... that (eventually) having seperate 'stat booster' effects from the skins was also something you shouldn't bother about. But the whole ordeal with the drills and knowing how they wanted to pan it out was something that ruined it entirely for me. Those were things they always were against + the fact they charged for pretty much every single piece of DLC they released (even promotional/crossover content).

I could live with that. But also adding those safes/drills was it for me. Glad they turned everything around and they seem to be doing the right things now. This crimefest looks to be shaping up really f*cking nicely.

Also: that f*cking trailer with Hoxton and John Cleese. That kinda won me over already for having high hopes again for the game and franchise.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

So for the difficulty to be actually playable, you need Suit Rogue Dodge (ICTV Armorer gets taken out in 2 f*cking shots by said basic enemy at range), everyone with Medic Bags (because Bows and Grenade Launcher are very ammo efficient, f*cking hell, you get 50 f*cking arrows for one of the bows that you can take back from dead enemies + there's also ammo pickups for them as well?), Converts (since enemies are so super tanky and deal so much damage, on top of being so easy to intimidate), Inspire, Swan Song, and the mentioned weapons.

That's not really been my experience, I managed to carry a team using none of that - was just using a tank build with a raven and HE streetsweeper. Good positioning is necessary to stop getting overwhelmed easily as well.

Apart from that yeah, the change to massive bullet sponges seems cheap, hopefully there's some rebalancing especially with the medic enemy that's gonna be released in a few days...
  • FullMetal likes this

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:23 AM Edited by Pat, 11 October 2016 - 01:24 AM.

So I tried the new difficulties with my friends last night. Mayhem is pretty much what I expected: a more tedious version of Overkill. It's not more difficult, it's just more annoying because everything is a f*cking bullet sponge, but they aren't any more intimidating because they still do the same amount of damage to me. I still think it would have been way better if they had given them the DW damage multipliers but kept their health the same. As for One Down, I think it's more of a gimmick difficulty than DW ever was. So far the only loud heist we've completed on One Down is Mallcrasher, with all of us hiding in the clothing store on the second floor with Thanatoses, crossbows, RPGs and China Lakes. Two of us died so me and the other guy are sitting there, like, "do we go now or wait for the wave to end?" Eventually we decide to just run when the timer hits a certain number, and we both got sniped in the escape but it still counted... and we got like, 300K EXP and $30K spending cash. Even on OD, Mallcrasher's payout is f*cking pitiful. Bank Heist is amazing on OD though, still just as easy but the payouts are huge. I can see that being part of the new meta for power leveling.

All in all I'd say this is pretty much 110% accurate:
  • B Dawg likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:00 AM

tfw everyone accepts poorly done sh*t from OVK instead of using properly balanced difficulty mods (SCmod)

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:04 PM Edited by Pat, 15 October 2016 - 06:15 PM.

Well, the new weapon is thoroughly disappointing. It's a secondary shotgun with a 6 round magazine and a whopping forty two damage. I'm pretty sure even the Streetsweeper has higher base damage than that, but the new one has a little higher concealment! I mean, the Loco and Judge are still infinitely better options for high concealment secondaries, but at least it's free! Meanwhile, the UMP - a weapon the community has been asking for since like, day one - is supposedly being included in an upcoming paid DLC. It would make perfect sense to give the community a weapon they've been asking for in a community-oriented event, but no, have this sh*tty shotgun and give us money for the weapon you actually want.

I guess giving us one good free weapon makes it okay for the rest to either be reskins of existing weapons or just outright garbage.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

Aye, I saw the weapon and thought "okay cool", saw the stats and lol not using that

The housewarming party has been pretty nice overall, though I really hope they do some rebalancing so that OD isn't just the chivalry appreciation difficulty.

Also, I've been trying the trophies solo, got most of the single-heist ones - but the failed assassination one and the beneath the mountain without killing meds one are proving painful because I can't use bots...tasers on solo are p fun

quxxo
  • quxxo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:07 AM Edited by Flafty, 17 October 2016 - 02:11 AM.

Jesus f*cking christ who plays these two new modes? How can it be enjoyable when you can die from every bullet spongey enemy in a second and they respawn so quickly. I don't like where this game went. From the old trailer, old gameplay we can see that it was a lot slower and tactical. Every set of skills was unique and wasn't so useless. This game is pretty much clone of Call of Duty now. Newer heists are just for the killing. I don't remember the last heist where drilling or using C4 was involved. Heists are also way more linear now I think. Bank Heist (the first heist in PD2) was the best one. That heist is still is kinda slower than every other heist and I like it. First cop response is like 40 seconds so you can take your time, get the hostages and stuff, not this sh*t. lol, I think they don't even use the pause between assaults in newer heists, or it's just too short.

And this f*cking boss fight was worst idea they ever had. The only way to kill him is to throw molotov, but if you gonna use guns you gonna waste a lot of ammo, beacuse that f*cker is quite literally a sponge for bullets AND HE HAS EVEN MORE HEALTH ON ONE DOWN.

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:08 AM

You mean Captain Winters? They nerfed the hell out of him in one of the recent updates. It used to be ridiculously hard to kill him without a flamethrower, but now his backup only has a little more health than normal Shields (probably around the same as Tasers, I'd say) and he f*cks off after you kill a few of them. The only threatening part about fighting him now is getting past the other cops to reach him. We were really surprised when we found out; one of our Mayhem runs on Big Bank went to sh*t because he showed up and we thought he was still the spongiest bullet sponge that ever was, only to later realize a single molotov will send him running home. Definitely one of the better changes from this event.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:59 AM Edited by B Dawg, 17 October 2016 - 12:00 PM.

Bank Heist (the first heist in PD2) was the best one.

That small piece of sh*t bank was the best? You've got to be kidding me. That place would have only fit in a Realistic Heisting game, not current Payday. All the heists in Payday: The Heist were big and marvelous, over the top. I was dissapointed when I found out PD2's launch heists were a bunch of tiny little banks and stores, while on the other hand, the gameplay was made even more over the top and ridiculous. That made no sense whatsoever.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

Scarface is now a playable Payday 2 character.

The Payday 2 universe is certainly...interesting.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:37 AM

Yay, more crossovers /s

Can't they do anything original? Characters that aren't from other games or movies? Out of the 12 characters they added over the years, only 4 of them were decent (Houston, Clover, Dragan, Sokol), while all the other ones were cringeworthy material.

• Niobium likes this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:06 PM Edited by FullMetal, 15 December 2016 - 12:06 PM.

Hoxton/Houston made sense. All the rest doesn't really. Clover/Dragan are probably apart from Hox/Hous the two that work and feel legit.

All the rest, with all respect for Jacket and John Wick as their own characters and within their own universes, are trash. 

It's a shame Overkill spend so much time on adding more characters and adding all these f*cking stupid fugly and effortless 'skins' for weapons. All they had to do was add meaningful firearms with a f*ckTON of usable mods (and most of them should also work on already existing weapons in the game).

Don't get me wrong, they've turned the ship around and the game is actually great again. But apart from that, the never ending flood of paid DLC, constantly rebalancing (where again, they seem to fail to strike a common ground where all firearms serve a purpose. Always are there guns that seem to be crippled and left out in the cold.

But whatever. I'm still booting it up from time to time and having fun. I just f*cking hope that the next payday will be a clean slate.

Back to the original crew, keep it basic and refine mechanics. Also hopefully they try to add somewhat more realism to make it challenging instead of just making it insanely stupid crazy difficult (=> f*ck you one down, f*ck you Captain Winters, f*ck you Dozers who wear 4 f*cking ballistic suits on top of eachother).

Also as a gun nut... is it too much for them to add a f*cking FN SCAR L to the game with a f*ckton of mods and/or able to use already existing mods for the AMCAR guns?! And why the f*ck did you f*ck up the 416 so bad?

/rant

PsychoAnarchy666
  • PsychoAnarchy666

GTA Fan Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:50 AM

Thinking about purchasing one of the payday 2 bundle games on ps4 but i hear it doesn't come with every dlc ever made for the game so like you can't purchase the scarface dlc or the point break one?

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

Thinking about purchasing one of the payday 2 bundle games on ps4 but i hear it doesn't come with every dlc ever made for the game so like you can't purchase the scarface dlc or the point break one?

They haven't come out on console yet. We're very far behind.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

Don't bother buying this piece of crap game man :p

• Niobium likes this

PsychoAnarchy666
  • PsychoAnarchy666

GTA Fan Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

but they will eventually?

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:39 PM Edited by Pat, 23 March 2017 - 07:39 PM.

I wouldn't count on it, honestly. Look at the original game on the PS3 and 360 for reference; it received almost none of the updates that the PC version received. The PS4 and Xbone versions were supposed to make amends for that, but so far they've pretty much had the exact same track record.

I would say Payday 2 is really only worthwhile on PC. You can get the console versions, but I would suggest only doing so if you're happy with them in their current state. If you buy them expecting them to catch up to the PC version, I think you would be setting yourself up for disappointment.
  • PsychoAnarchy666 likes this

PsychoAnarchy666
  • PsychoAnarchy666

GTA Fan Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

I wouldn't count on it, honestly. Look at the original game on the PS3 and 360 for reference; it received almost none of the updates that the PC version received. The PS4 and Xbone versions were supposed to make amends for that, but so far they've pretty much had the exact same track record.
I would say Payday 2 is really only worthwhile on PC. You can get the console versions, but I would suggest only doing so if you're happy with them in their current state. If you buy them expecting them to catch up to the PC version, I think you would be setting yourself up for disappointment.
gotcha. I guess ill consider get the pc version. Any recommendations for like witch copy and from where?

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

We should be getting a new pack of content soon. According to their last update video. We've already received multiple patches and a good chunk of DLC, a lot of it free. So, its not exactly the same as the last gen versions. On last gen it took them well over a year, and they released just the armored transport and like 2 gage weapon packs and never updated it again. 

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:35 PM Edited by Ai家妯b家, 25 March 2017 - 01:38 PM.

go to www.g2a.com & get the GOTY version it's like $10 & you get a few DLCs with it or can get the base game for $4

GOTY https://www.g2a.com/...key-global.html

BASE GAME - https://www.g2a.com/...key-global.html

I don't condone cheating or using mods in games but I have an exception for PD2 for two reasons Overkill are really f*cking greedy & without the DLC you don't have access to any of the good maps or weapons unless you buy each DLC.

So I use a mod called PP but only to unlock DLC maps & Weapons.

gotcha. I guess ill consider get the pc version. Any recommendations for like witch copy and from where?

• PsychoAnarchy666 likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

They're still supporting the game?

That's honestly kind of impressive. Haven't played PD2 but i did play the first; love me some good heist action. Really enjoyed all the Michael Mann inspirations.

Tbh I wish we'd get a purely heist focused single player game at one point.

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• India

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

PD2 is (finally) near its end; PD3 was announced (or something along those lines).

FWIW I really enjoyed my time in PD2 (stealth mainly), but I resorted to mods to tailor the game to my needs + fix some stupid stuff (like the team AI, first off). Solo was one thing but our 4 man squad made it perfect (and once we tried a 9 man stealth lol, Big Lobby ftw).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users