Payday 2

1,044 replies to this topic
ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

Wasn't their excuse for MT is that we will get future dlc for free?

• Niobium likes this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:26 PM

i heard good things about this DLC. it won't be enough for me to reinstall though

Under the mountain is decent but it's stupidly easy abd then sky burst is bacially kill about 15 guys in the plane to open the doors then you jump out you find 3 pallets they usually end up on the same 4 roofs, you light a flare, he picks it up you go into a tunnele to escape.

I haven't paid for a DLC for the last 6 months greedy pricks can go to hell

I though the whole Microtransaction were proven to be false?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:33 PM Edited by B Dawg, 05 December 2015 - 06:35 PM.

They use microtransaction money to make fancy looking websites and trailers. Well I'm not sure if that is really it, but Almir did say something along the lines of ''These things take a lot of people to make.''

http://steamcommunit...379439671584943

My reply to that was on Page 2, with no reply from Almir himself. I guess it's true.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Niobium like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

i heard good things about this DLC. it won't be enough for me to reinstall though

Under the mountain is decent but it's stupidly easy abd then sky burst is bacially kill about 15 guys in the plane to open the doors then you jump out you find 3 pallets they usually end up on the same 4 roofs, you light a flare, he picks it up you go into a tunnele to escape.

I haven't paid for a DLC for the last 6 months greedy pricks can go to hell

I though the whole Microtransaction were proven to be false?

What do you mean?

Microtransaction is as real as it can be with stat boots aswell.

I knew they were greedy but that greedy....

• B Dawg and Niobium like this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:53 PM

They use microtransaction money to make fancy looking websites and trailers. Well I'm not sure if that is really it, but Almir did say something along the lines of ''These things take a lot of people to make.''

http://steamcommunit...379439671584943

My reply to that was on Page 2, with no reply from Almir himself. I guess it's true.

I listened to about 45 minutes of that podcast from the apology thread from around 1 hour 53 minutes in til about the end and he sure is full of himself isn't he?

Niobium
  • Niobium

PROFESSIONAL IV FANBOY & SH*TPOSTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:42 PM Edited by Niobium, 05 December 2015 - 11:43 PM.

they added hoxton callout lines for houston

some of the lines sound like they were recorded with a potato....
  • B Dawg likes this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:58 AM

Community update regarding Stat Boosts and Team Boosts
Hey guys,

We've gotten a lot of feedback from you regarding the Stat Boost and Team Boost functionality and we've been working on an update for that system.

Based on the feedback and recent discussions we've had with our volunteer moderators and community members, we've identified that the function itself isn't necessarily the issue, but rather the fact that it is locked behind a random paywall and that's the only way to get it. With that said, we've decided to keep the Stat and Team Boosts but at the same time make it so that everyone can get them as weapon modifications by just playing and enjoying the game.

On the website you can read the following: we’re working on making it so Stat Boosts and Team Boosts can drop as weapon modifications via the card drop as well as by performing monthly side jobs. This means that Stat and Team Boosts are available both by playing and through the Steam Marketplace. These weapon modifications can be added to any weapons that are eligible for skin Stat Boost or Team Boosts, and add a different Stat Boost depending on what weapon you add the modification to. Adding a Stat or Team Boost modification will replace a skin's Stat Boost effect. These weapon modifications can't be traded or sold.

We're currently testing this internally and our goal is to let you guys try it out on the 17th of December.

What do you think?

UPDATE: We've read your feedback and we see that there are quite a few questions regarding this new system. We will create a FAQ on Monday with a more elaborate and in depth description of how the entire system is going to work and try to answer the most frequently asked questions you have and then we can take it from there. Have a great weekend everyone!

FAQ - Stat & Team Boosts
Hey guys,

We've been reading the forums and decided to compile a frequently asked questions thread. We’ll update this FAQ accordingly as more questions arise.

FAQ:

Q: How many boosts can I apply to each weapon?
A: 1 Boost per weapon (Stat or Team Boost). Applying a Boost modification to a weapon that has a skin that already has a Boost will replace the skins Boost.

Q: How do I get the Stat or Team Boosts?
A: As of now, there are two ways the Boosts can be obtained in-game. 1) via the monthly side-jobs feature where you get to pick between a Stat Boost or Team Boost when you complete the job and 2) via the card loot drop system at the end of each successful heist.

Q: Is the Stat or Team Boost a one time use only?
A: No. They will function like any other weapon modification such as silencers or gadgets which means they cost in-game currency to apply (cost not set yet) and they will be returned to your inventory once "unequipped".

Q: Are the Stat and Team Boost modification drops specific to certain weapons?
A: We have 10 different types of Stat Boost and one Team Boost. Depending on what type of Stat Boost you have, you can attach it to different weapons (to reflect the weapons that have Stat or Team boosted skins). Press this link to see what Stat or Team Boost modifications can be attached to each weapon as of now. 

Q: Will you add more Stat Boosts/Why can't I use Stat or Team Boosts on all my weapons?
A: With the release of new skins and safes, more weapons will be available for the player to add Stat or Team Boosts on them (Stat and Team Boosts can only be added to weapons that have skins with Stat and Team Boosts)

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:29 PM Edited by TheEroticCherry, 20 December 2015 - 03:35 PM.

I tried this game, didn't like it at all. I was expecting something along the lines of GTAs heists, but better. What I got was a sh*tty 90s type gameplay, animation, graphics, not to mention playing favorites
  • Tigereyesxx likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

Payday is a very arcade-y game, so I can't blame it for not meeting your expectations :p

However it's running on the Diesel Engine, which was designed for racing games then they somehow made this FPS with it, which is why the animations 'n that are weird, plus all the bugginess and poor optimisation. I hear Starbreeze acquired a new engine, so if they make Payday 3 it'll hopefully have a chance at being made properly.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 and Diani The Otter like this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

I hope they make Payday 3 (or better yet a pure reboot of the franchise) and start from scratch.

Without the small DLC updates they've been doing and without the microtransactions.... without the stat boosting effortless skins, without the nonsense they've been pulling off with Payday 2.

It used to be a great game and it started from a humble (and succesful) attempt for a First Person Shooter 'bank robbery' game. But they've just made it turn out for the worst.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

One word: Goat

LarcenousUrsine
  • LarcenousUrsine

Pancakes!

• Van Society
  • Russia

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:48 PM

A heist of the f*cking century. They're asking 7 dollars for this. For a goat heist.

Nice.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

GOAT.

Greatest Offence of All Time.

wtf happened to this series?

• B Dawg likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

You know what a heist game needs? Not more actual heists, that's for sure.

great thinking overkill, you've really outdone yourself this time
  • B Dawg, ClaudeSpeed1911 and Niobium like this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:11 PM

Three words: Trainer. Free Stuff

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:31 PM

A goat simulator.... heist?

Like, for real?

You know, I used to be mad that Xbox didn't get updates, but the more I see the stuff PC is getting, I'm kinda glad we're so far behind. We don't have dumb sh*t like this, and captain no fun winters ruining our heists. 

• B Dawg likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:30 AM Edited by Niobium, 13 January 2016 - 03:35 AM.

there's a goat heist?

Spoiler
  • B Dawg likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

Three words: Trainer. Free Stuff

Yeah I've been DLC unlocking for so long, I regret nothing :p

Everyone else should have been doing the same thing instead of blindly paying for each one.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

I haven't touched this game since that Goat DLC was launched....

Have they added anything decent that isn't behind a paywall?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

Boiling Point heists, they're pretty good.

But of course, for every one good thing they do, they do a heap load of other bad sh*t, like messing with the skills system, releasing more sh*tty characters, more unwanted collaborations, you know how it is.

• Niobium likes this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

played the first one, it was ok, never looked into the sec one

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted A week ago

http://www.overkills...s/housewarming/

after bloody ages it seems that safehouse customisation might actually become a thing

woah
  • Niobium likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

i haven't touched this game since last october, what do i care
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I kinda got bored of this game though I wonder if it would be a good time to go back as I heard that the micro-transactions were actually removed a while ago since Overkill got full rights back for the game(they were working under some sh*tty publisher before). They've probably been trying to make up for all the bullsh*t that people complained about.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 6 days ago

Wasn't the publisher only for consoles releases?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users