447 replies to this topic
Troubadour
  • Troubadour

Tequlia Makes Her Clothes Fall Off

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:38 AM

Lol Brilliant!

Is it just me or does clover sound different?

Edit: layout of the site:

Spoiler

What is this?

Do we get gifts if we play the game on Dec 3rd & 4th?

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by Pat, 03 December 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Any suggestions for good heists to do solo? Preferably stealth. Getting annoyed with doing Ukranian Job for the 20th time.

Shadow Raid on Deathwish. It's easy once you get a pattern down and has a good payout. I recommend going for the camera guy first and using your other three pagers on the patrolling guards inside the warehouse. Try to kill patrols near the vault in case they drop a keycard, especially the civilian wearing the yellow hard hat/red coveralls as he's guaranteed to drop one. Note that guards will be alarmed if they notice that the vault is open but civilians will not be. Aside from that, just practice until you learn the AI patterns.
  • eroch likes this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 04 December 2014 - 05:42 PM.

Lol Brilliant!

Is it just me or does clover sound different?

Edit: layout of the site:

Spoiler

What is this?

Do we get gifts if we play the game on Dec 3rd & 4th?

I think they are permanent but not sure.

The best thing to know for sure is to wait until release.

Edit:

http://www.overkills...whitechristmas/

http://www.overkills...e.com/2million/

op98r.gif

"Merry Payday Christmas ya filthy animals!"

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

Cool trailer. Different from what Overkill has done in the past. 

Loving Clover's new VA, as well. 

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You sing about breaking faces! LCHC!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

I wonder how it will hold against the original Diamond Heist :D I'm excited. Overkill's done a great job at adding new great heists.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

I wish they would give us some news on the remastered version for PS4/XB1

Eurotrash
  • Eurotrash

Trick

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

A stealth mission, finally?

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

All the missions could be stealthy that's if you know what you are doing but sadly i can never find a crew who don't go in rambo style.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:26 AM

...i can never find a crew who don't go in rambo style.

Payday 2 in a nutshell.

• Stormingz likes this

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

All the missions could be stealthy

Actually, all three of the most recently added heists on PC (Hotline Miami, Hoxton Breakout and White Xmas) are loud only.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

yqBlwF2.png

I doubt Houston is his real brother. It's obviously Travis Junior and all the other Juniors!

nobum62
  • nobum62

A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

All the missions could be stealthy that's if you know what you are doing but sadly i can never find a crew who don't go in rambo style.

really? huh. my teammates are always happy to try stealth, if i suggest we do it.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:13 AM Edited by Pat, 17 December 2014 - 09:14 AM.

So, my thoughts on today's update: Clover isn't worth $5. Her perk deck is mostly stealth oriented and isn't really a huge advantage. The Queen's Wrath is a decent rifle but all in all it's just a better JP36, which was already a very mediocre weapon. As for The Diamond, again I would only consider it worth $7 if you host games a lot. It's an enjoyable heist but it doesn't offer much outside of the heist itself, unlike something like Hotline Miami. Loud feels lazily implemented and like a less fun Big Bank, stealth is very fun and is probably my new go-to over Shadow Raid, although it's really hard solo (mostly because of the puzzle at the end). Payout is absolute garbage, the diamond itself is only worth a measly $150,000 on Overkill.

But really, the most fun I had today was accomplishing this:

L55jcVJ.jpg

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:42 AM Edited by B Dawg, 17 December 2014 - 10:30 AM.

The Diamond gives off an Indiana Jones vibe when you get to the vault. Lots of cops, gets intense, goes great with 'Something Wicked Comes This Way' soundtrack. Love it.

And I f*cking hate RESTARTS. f*cking noobs who can't bother going loud despite having f*cking dodge builds, or restarting because other two dumb teammates got into custody.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

really? huh. my teammates are always happy to try stealth, if i suggest we do it.

Saddly i don't have enough people who play it to make up a team and even when i try and suggest it in the lobby and others agree there is always that one doink who doesn't listen and goes in shooting.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

I've never played this game despite it being free from PS+, simple because I've moved on to PS4. I'm glad this game is being remastered for new-gen so I can finally give this game a go.

Hopefully the price won't be a full $70.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:24 PM Edited by mrpain, 25 December 2014 - 03:48 PM.

So I'm a Level V-100 with 450 hours put into this game. I don't know I just felt like saying it teehee.

I think this game has become my favorite game of all time. Yes it may be bug ridden sometimes and desync is still a major issue, but this game just makes me feel so accomplished.

Stealthing Election Day Pro Job Death Wish solo? Done and felt like a badass.

Carried my team solo through a tough mission of Big Bank? Done and felt like a badass.

Akimbo blazing? Done and felt like a badass.

My point is this game makes you feel so alive. Every achievement you do makes you feel like you've actually accomplished something. This is one game I know that I'm truly know I'm very good at.

Also who doesn't f*cking love Simon Viklund's work on the music for this game? Seriously he's awesome doing the soundtrack. How can you not listen to Evil Eye and not get a boner?

• Pat, ClaudeSpeed1911 and nobum62 like this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

didnt like the first 1

never played the sec 1

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:21 PM Edited by Pat, 25 December 2014 - 09:24 PM.

Akimbo is really underrated. Bernettis with a Mastermind/Fugitive build do 62 damage with every mouse click, which is a DW threshold, and get ~250 total ammo with the Akimbo skill aced. Couple that with their low concealment for Low Blow/Sneaky Bastard and they become one of the best primaries for dodge builds. They also have insanely high pick up values; I never even look at ammo bags when I run Masterfug.

I just wish the other options for Akimbo were more viable. Deagles are viable for DW because they OHK Tans with a headshot but I'd say the Bernettis are still better, and the Compact/Crosskill are just objective downgrades. Not to mention the question of where the hell my dual Broncos are, Overkill.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

didnt like the first 1

never played the sec 1

Than you're missing out, This is the only game i go back onto my PS3 for.

Man i wish this game would hurry up and drop on PS4 soon!

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

didnt like the first 1

never played the sec 1

I think you're the one missing out too. You do realize the console versions are vastly inferior to the PC version. PC version right now has way more heists, weapons and hell three new characters to play from. Also the major changes to the skill system plus perk decks which replaces the tier bonuses.

Akimbo is really underrated. Bernettis with a Mastermind/Fugitive build do 62 damage with every mouse click, which is a DW threshold, and get ~250 total ammo with the Akimbo skill aced. Couple that with their low concealment for Low Blow/Sneaky Bastard and they become one of the best primaries for dodge builds. They also have insanely high pick up values; I never even look at ammo bags when I run Masterfug.

I just wish the other options for Akimbo were more viable. Deagles are viable for DW because they OHK Tans with a headshot but I'd say the Bernettis are still better, and the Compact/Crosskill are just objective downgrades. Not to mention the question of where the hell my dual Broncos are, Overkill.

I have to Akimbo builds. One is the standard MasterFugi with Bernetti and the other is GhostFugi with Silent Killer Crosskill. Both are extremely viable to me. Crosskill are actually alright, just that it has a lower magazine pool and lower ammo pickup rate than the Bernetti. I never did like the Deagle Akimbo. Is it really that useful? I find it to slow for my taste.

Also Simon Viklund responded to my tweet. *ahhh fanboy orgasm*

Seriously am I the only one here who loves the music so much?

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

didnt like the first 1

never played the sec 1

I think you're the one missing out too. You do realize the console versions are vastly inferior to the PC version. PC version right now has way more heists, weapons and hell three new characters to play from. Also the major changes to the skill system plus perk decks which replaces the tier bonuses.

I'm talking about the game itself who cares what console you play it on the game is still fun and No i'm not missing out i have it on PC as well, I just play it more often on my PS3.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

The thing about akimbo Crosskills is that despite doing more damage than the Bernettis, they're still hitting the same damage thresholds, meaning both weapons take the same amount of shots to kill. Crosskills are probably capable of higher accuracy though, which is definitely important in stealth.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by mrpain, 4 weeks ago.

I was looking through my contracts and realized I only had five missions that has yet to be completed on Death Wish so I thought why the heck not and just go for it. Well after 453 amazing hours put into the game, I can honestly say that this is my greatest achievement and accomplishment I have did in my whole gaming life.

EcNXF7U.png

I really can't believe it. I have never felt so satisfied with an achievement before. What's even better is that I did those five missions with a random crew of pubs that I just met online.

The five missions were Rats, Watch Dogs non-PJ, Watch Dogs PJ, Transport Downtown and Transport Park. The first three were no problem if everyone knows what they are doing. The last two transport missions, oh hot damn I read a lot of nightmares on those transport missions. Even on Overkill, the transport missions give me a hard time. There is absolutely NO ROOM FOR COVER on park and downtown is a clusterf*ck of spawning enemies.

But my random pub crew did it. Hell, we FINISHED PARK IN JUST THREE MINUTES. THREE f*ckING MINUTES. Me and another guy got C4 and another dude brought the saw. Holy sh*t we cleanse those trucks fast. I expected to have a hell of a time in that map because park is seriously an all-out warzone.

I feel so alive right now man. Just check out my new sexy Death Wish mask and my favorite gun, the Gecko. I f*cking love the Gecko so much. It has carried me to where I am now in Payday.

XClJ1oRl.jpg

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Transports were definitely the hardest part of that achievement for me, but I thought those two were the easiest behind Harbour. Park is great because you can just circle the map while waiting for the van and avoid the cops entirely. Now, Crossroads and to a lesser extent Underpass, those kicked my ass. The former remains my least favorite heist of all time on DW.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

You had time to circle around Park? I always felt that every corner I turn, I'll get flanked by a f*ckload of cops. And yeah agree on Crossroads, those ever-spawning snipers man, were a nightmare.

You know what I'm grateful for? Train Heist not being counted for the Death Wish achievement. That sh*t is on a whole another level. I have never enjoyed that level and I never will.

You know what I'm even more grateful for? So the post above I made, I also made a reddit thread about the same post and context. And guess who responded in the comments? MOTHERFREAKIN ALMIR LISTO, the dude who is responsible for the Payday franchise. Heck yesterday was Simon Viklund responding to my tweet, today is Almir commenting on my glorious achievement. Here's the reddit thread http://www.reddit.co...o_alive_before/

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Train Heist and Big Oil DW are the only two heists where I let my friend host instead of me and unleash hell with his trainer just for sh*ts and giggles. Yesterday we did Train Heist with him using a fully automatic rapid fire grenade launcher. I like to call it Michael Bayday 2.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users