Photo

Payday 2

366 replies to this topic
ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 19 August 2013 - 05:37 PM.

user posted image

The four-player co-op shooter consists of the original crew from Payday: The Heist – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they head to Washington D.C. for an “epic crime spree.”

This time out, the game includes a network called CRIMENET which provides players will contacts which allows them to choose to knock-off convenience stores, plan a kidnapping, pull off some serious cyber-crime or take on various bank vaults. Players can also “run a few political errands.”

As the game and the crew progresses, larger jobs become available with applicable rewards, all tied in to various character customization options and even a gear and weapons crafting system.

Payday 2 also includes the new “Watchdogs” mission, which tasks you and your team as drug mules, so to speak. Be sure to check out Sam’s video.

Here’s a list of gameplay features straight from the criminal’s mouth:

CRIMENET – The dynamic contract database lets gamers pick and choose from available jobs by connecting with local contacts such as Vlad the Ukrainian, shady politician “The Elephant” and Mexican drug trafficker Hector, all with their own agenda and best interests in mind. CRIMENET features dozens of varied, exciting jobs and as the player progresses, new contacts with new jobs become available.
Choose Your Profession – As players progress they can invest in any of four special professions: the Mastermind, the Enforcer, the Ghost and the Technician. Each features a deep customization tree of associated skills and equipment to master and they can be mixed and matched to create the ultimate heister.
PAYDAY Loot – Finishing a job isn’t just an accomplishment to be proud of. After a successful heist gamers will also earn rare and powerful new equipment such as masks, weapons mods, mask modifications and a variety of other accessories.
Weapons and Modifications – A brand new arsenal for the serious heister covering everything from sniper and assault rifles to compact PDWs and SMGs. Once players have settled for a favorite, they can modify it with optics, suppressors, fore grips, reticles, barrels, frames and stocks – all of which will affect the performance of their weapon. There are also purely aesthetic enhancements – why not go for the drug lord look with polished walnut grips for your nine?
Mission Assets – Every job has a set of purchasable assets that can alter and enhance the heist such as a faster escape car, blueprints or even inside help.
Character Upgrades – The signature PAYDAY mask can now be customized into tens of thousands of different combinations, color and material variations and there is a bigger selection of gear to wear for the discerning high-fashion heister.
Multistage Jobs – Many contracts feature several separate stages allowing for mission forks and different outcomes depending on what the players accomplish in each individual stage.
Rob Banks With Friends – Players must choose their crew carefully because when the job goes down they will need the right mix of skills on their side.
PAYDAY Gun Play and Mechanics on a New Level – Firing weapons and zip tying civilians never felt so good.
Dynamic Scenarios – No heist ever plays out the same way twice. Every single scenario has random geometry or even rare events.
Character Progression – Gamers begin as dime store thieves and as the game progresses they unlock new skills, weapons, accessories and masks, eventually becoming legendary robbers.
Play It Your Way – Each job allows for multiple approaches such as slow and stealthy ambushes to running in guns blazing. Players hit the target any way they want and watch as the heist unfolds accordingly.
AI Director – PAYDAY 2’s new AI director breaks new ground and requires even more from the dedicated co-operative player base. Enemies will devise strategies in response to player action like flash banging, breaching tactics, freeing hostages and even recovering loot bags.
Payday 2 is slated for release this summer on PSN, Steam, and Xbox Live.

Gameplay:

Screenshots: http://www.vg247.com...st-screenshots/

Out now!

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

2013 is looking to be a good year for gaming.

Can't wait.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

I was scared when I heard there was a sequel to Payday The Heist but after seeing Payday 2 I was blown away!

Xbox users are now able to play this master piece.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Somehow I've never heard of this before, looks amazing.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

It looks awesome. Probably coming to PS4 huh. tounge.gif

J-B
  • J-B

Syrup Drenched

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 12:13)
I was scared when I heard there was a sequel to Payday The Heist but after seeing Payday 2 I was blown away!

Xbox users are now able to play this master piece.

That's great. I wanted to play the first one pretty bad and couldn't.

The gameplay looked pretty solid. The features list above makes this sound like it'll have some good replayability to it. This should liven up my summer nicely.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 19:03)

Overkill said they are not interested in next gen yet so it might be a while.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 19:42)
QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 19:03)

Overkill said they are not interested in next gen yet so it might be a while.

Sony will simply port it via the PS Store, using SEN.

SEN Connects to all Sony devices.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Looks amazing! I used to play the first back when the demo was connected to the main game and had access to all the maps (game never came out on Blu-ray) Hope this one does!

The first was a blast, especially on harder difficulties, this one is going to be even better!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Anyone who hated PayDay: The Heist can eat a bowl of dick. A f*cking epic game and one of the better and replayable (non valve/Left For Dead) shooters.

Normally a friend promised to play all the heist with me, do the achievements and grind unlocks but he bailed out due to him sucking at FPS games on PC (and having a massive League of Legends addiction which makes him only play that). Seriously, anyone game on playing the first one with me?

This one looks f*cking awesome. Major graphical improvement, animations AND gameplay seem more fluid/awesome. Your boss is called HECTOR... Breaking Bad REFERENCES?! Can it be any better than this?

2013... expensive year in gaming.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Oh man, this is so cool. I love Payday.
The Mercy Hospital mission was really cool. biggrin.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:15 AM Edited by Chukkles, 13 March 2013 - 04:17 AM.

What's the game about thieves on XBLa at the moment, it only just released recent.
I thought that was Payday: the heist.

NVM, Dollar dash.

I never played a payday game, are they PS exclusive?

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

YEY! Another generic shooter! dozingoff.gif

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 04:25)
YEY! Another generic shooter! dozingoff.gif

It's far from generic dumbass.

It's a unique shooter/strategy, but your small mind wouldn't see that from a trailer.
You actually have to play the game before you pass judgment.

The only other game, I've seen that was close to this was Kane & Lynch: Bag Game.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Rasta Blasta!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

This looks freaking awesome. Totally buying this!

+ Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +
  • + Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

This will actually keep me occupied till Grand Theft Auto V comes out on September 17th and I may think of getting Payday 2 as well. Looks awesome!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 04:15)
What's the game about thieves on XBLa at the moment, it only just released recent.
I thought that was Payday: the heist.

NVM, Dollar dash.

I never played a payday game, are they PS exclusive?

payday the heist was released for PC steam and PS3. it probably didn't come to xbox because it was published by sony.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 05:00)
YEY! Another generic shooter!  dozingoff.gif

It's a unique shooter/strategy, but your small mind wouldn't see that from a trailer.

The only other game, I've seen that was close to this was Kane & Lynch: Bag Game.

My opinion, Dumbass.

Problem?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 08:37)
QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 05:00)
YEY! Another generic shooter!  dozingoff.gif

My opinion, Dumbass.

Problem?

Ever played the game? You'll probably say that Left for Dead is also a generic shooter franchise yes?

Then you probably thing all FPS games are generic yes? Please, either have arguments that are backed up by arguments (that hopefully make sense) or just don't post up your opinion like that.

Payday: The Heist offered too much replay value/randomisation elements, too much enticing gameplay and fun heists to be a generic shooter. I have considered it as "what if Valve did a Heist Co Op game along the lines of Left 4 Dead but without the budget they have.

Great game, ignored by many.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 07:37)
Problem?

It becomes a problem when your so insecure about your opinion mattering you have to Private Message me pointing out a small spelling error and call me a dumbass, then to go on Facebook and 'dislike' my groups page. You're a f*cking joke kid.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Thought the sequel would be worse than original. Nope. Same decent FPS.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

I wish they would include some stealth missions, pretty much let the player chose how he handles the robbery.
And I am talking about full stealth, not the Diamond Heist crap.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

I second that Narcis. icon14.gif
I'd love some more stealth.

That being said, for a downloadable game.
It's pretty f*cking epic.

However, I'm on PS3 and we're a tad limited.
That being said, feel free to add me if you wanna play.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

I have Payday: The Heist, and I'm ashamed to admit that I rarely play it. The few times I play it, I just don't find it that appealing. Once you've played all 6 maps, it gets very stale very fast. Security cameras here, fix the drill here, get to the roof now, plant the charge here, etc...

I think I'd find the game a lot more fun if I could play different ways. So many times I have dreamed of being stealthy and only putting my mask on when I locate the cameras, security, etc... But everybody I played with is a total asshole that just gears up right away and barges through the front door.

If I do ever get Payday 2, it will either be free via game sharing, or because some of my friends have it. If my friends get it I can finally plan my heists the way I want them, unlike in the first game.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

@Narcis_speed6 and Mr. Reaper.

Some the heists can be played using full stealth, there is a video of them trying to stealth it but since the game have random scenarios they got caught.

The levels can also be played by using different tactics like Hitman.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Kawaii-desu!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hell yeah! Definitely getting this game!

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 06:26)
@Narcis_speed6 and Mr. Reaper.

I know, but it's still not perfect stealth like Splinter Cell or Rainbow Six.
Plus as gionascm2 said, you need a team of friends that share the plan.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 03:01)
However, I'm on PS3 and we're a tad limited.
That being said, feel free to add me if you wanna play.

Your friends list is full. That's probably the reason you deleted me from your friends. sad.gif

Anyway, yea, we need stealth. Would be awesome to crawl in Ventilation to sneak past the guards.

Gnarlton Banks
  • Gnarlton Banks

*MURDOC*

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 07:37)
Problem?

Yes, you've got plenty, we are fully aware.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Here some new info and the developer explaining how stealth works.
While the first game had six standalone jobs, the sequel has over thirty, some of which are made up of multiple stages. 'Cause and effect' is a term the developers at Overkill Software are using a lot, and decisions you make in one level can directly affect another - for better or worse.

At the centre of everything is CrimeNet, which is like an online job centre for criminals. A map is dotted with contracts, each offering different gameplay types and rewards. Your character is persistent, MMO-style, and completing jobs earns you money that you can use to improve your effectiveness as a criminal, allowing you to take on more dangerous, and lucrative, contracts.

There are four skill trees to work through, each representing a different class. Ghosts can silently take out guards and disable CCTV. They're vital if you want to get through a mission without alerting anyone or being spotted - something that, with proper planning, is entirely possible.

Enforcers are tanks who can soak up damage and use heavy weapons; perfect if you have to blast your way out of the front entrance. Masterminds can convince civilians to revive them if they're incapacitated, and intimidate guards to turn on their allies. Techs are gadget experts who can set up sentry guns and break into vaults and secure areas with fast, silent drills.

Before each job, you can spend money on assets. These include things like a code to open security shutters should you trip the alarm, or a getaway helicopter to make escape easier. Each time you play a map, some elements are randomly generated. A store might have a metal detector at the entrance in playthrough, and not in another. Guards and alarms are also randomised.
The mission we saw was a robbery of a high street jewellery store - a low level crime that you'll be doing a lot of early in your criminal career. Deciding to go for a stealthy approach, both players sneak around to an alley behind the store and one of them, a Ghost, quietly kills a lone patrolling guard, slings him over his shoulder in a body bag, then deposits him in a dumpster.

A back window is open, so this time it's the turn of the Enforcer to work for the group, who creeps in and walks through an office right through to the front of the store. At this point he doesn't have his mask on, or any weapons showing, so nobody reacts. That is, until a suspicious employee spots him and sounds the alarm, which causes metal shutters to come crashing down, blocking the only escape route. Luckily, our Enforcer purchased a release code as an asset before the job.

Back in the alley, the Ghost is cut off from his buddy. Inside, the Enforcer punches in the code and the shutters rise up, only to reveal an army of cops on the street outside. He smashes nearby display cases, grabbing fistfuls of jewellery, before charging through the front door, firing at the cops. But he's killed, and the Ghost has no chance of escaping.

The guys from Overkill who were controlling the demo look sheepish. "This isn't some scripted demo," they say. "Things can go wrong because of the random elements. The last time we did this we managed to grab the loot without being spotted." In the next demo they do much better, ferrying bags full of cocaine to a drop off point while being attacked by waves of SWAT.
Payday 2 provides a unique spin on co-op first-person shooting, and we love the idea of becoming a career criminal with friends, working our way up from lowly convenience store stick-ups to mass-scale bank robberies. The first game was excellent, but with the guiding hand of Chronicles of Riddick developers Starbreeze, which recently purchased Overkill, this sequel could be even better.

Payday 2 is due for release some time this summer

Source: http://www.computera...-down-on-crime/

There are now 30+ heists day one compared to Payday 1 which had 6 heists.

Also here is the first trailer:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users