[GTA|NFS|MP|OTHER] Widescreen Fixes Pack

1,586 replies to this topic
ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ThirteenAG, 4 weeks ago.

Also i got xbox 360 disk with NFS fmvs for MW in WMV format and they all was 720 16:9 by default. i think it would be good idea to create re-encoded fmv pack for best widescreen expirience.

I checked them, but not sure how to convert it to VP6.

Dyons or AG, do either of you know how to fix the stretching rearview mirror on Carbon? That's the only issue remaining with Carbon's widescreen, as far as I'm aware. Thanks again.

Maybe I'll take a look at it later.

Aero_
  • Aero_

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I see, it works right away in career mode, not in quick race. However, exiting career mode and then entering quick race will result widescreen hud too.

I understand what you're talking about now. It only works after you've made a profile. Career Mode and Challenge Series requires a profile to play, so that's why it works for those modes on first try. Not a big problem, since most people create a profile when they first start the game anyway.

Maybe I'll take a look at it later.

Thanks. I've spent a lot of time searching through the exe with no results, but I don't have the experience and skills that you guys do.

mirh
  • mirh

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago

Also i got xbox 360 disk with NFS fmvs for MW in WMV format and they all was 720 16:9 by default. i think it would be good idea to create re-encoded fmv pack for best widescreen expirience.

I checked them, but not sure how to convert it to VP6.

This is the free codec On2 released in 2003.

Just for the records, a similar problem is also present in Burnout Paradise where ps3 clips are greatly superior

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ThirteenAG, 4 weeks ago.

This is the free codec On2 released in 2003.
Just for the records, a similar problem is also present in Burnout Paradise where ps3 clips are greatly superior

I tried WMV - AVI(VP6) - VP6, but the quality is gone at the end.

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think game does not really need vp6, it was prefered format for EA back then when codecs was only DivX, Xvid, VP6 and Bik, but vp6 decoder was installed as direct show filter as i remember, so there is a big chance that game will play any format that has direct show filter for it installed. IN case game stricly tries to use vp filter, why cant you just patch memory to remove it and allow game to demand any filter video needs?

mirh
  • mirh

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think game does not really need vp6, it was prefered format for EA back then when codecs was only DivX, Xvid, VP6 and Bik, but vp6 decoder was installed as direct show filter as i remember, so there is a big chance that game will play any format that has direct show filter for it installed. IN case game stricly tries to use vp filter, why cant you just patch memory to remove it and allow game to demand any filter video needs?

http://forums.nba-li...tail&df_id=3009

http://forum.videohe...vert-to-EA-VP61

https://sites.google.../ea-vp6-encoder

weej
  • weej

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

hi I've been slowly going through all the mods and patches out for GTA III and finally settled on a handful to try out (mostly Silent's stuff and your widescreen patch) however I've run into an issue - I can't enable the widescreen mode. I have my ancient CD of GTA III and of all the things I can copy off it 2 files cannot be copied, one is Mss32.dll and the other is gta3.exe itself. Now the the dll is easy - I was able to replace that but gta3.exe is a mess. I've tried downloading the official GTA 3 1.1 patch (I dont even know if that works with your widescreen patch since the website says 1.0 for the exe!) but I couldn't install it because it "couldn't find gta3.exe" even after I made a fake one by copying and renaming some random exe it said it was an unknown ver.

I noticed that for GTA:SA you support the Hoodlum ver. Is there a scene/fixed ver. of GTA3s exe that you support too? I tried getting the one closest to the filesize shown on your github (it was by KaOs) but it's a ver. 1.1 fixed exe

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

You need v1.0 exe, 2 383 872 bytes.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do you know if there is any difference between deviance release (you posted) and SURFMAN (3 382 235 bytes) expect size of them? Both are 1.0

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't know.

AtikiN
  • AtikiN

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 3 weeks ago

ThirteenAG, make, please Widescreen Fix for Neighbours From Hell (Как достать соседа).

weej
  • weej

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

You need v1.0 exe, 2 383 872 bytes.

Thanks so much! This was the key to my problem!

Jodeth
  • Jodeth

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jodeth, 3 weeks ago.

Hey ThirteenAG, I want to say nice job on the fix for Max Payne 2! Recently I found a working Nvidia HBAO+ (ambient occlusion) flag for the game. It looks sweet in conjunction with your widescreen fix. Actually the fix fixes the flickering issues that were present in 4:3. Unfortunately, with the fix and HBAO+, a different issue has come... Depending on the area Max is standing and the direction he is looking in, the framerate takes a beating. Some areas are more severe than others. Luckily, most areas are not affected, so it's still playable, but the sudden fps drops are weird and show no reason to exist. Maybe you can find a fix? I thought it's worth a shot by letting you know. The AO flag I'm using is 0x0000001F. I've tried other flags without success.

Edit: Just a note, Part 1 and the ending are the best examples of the odd fps drops. The rest of the game rarily has any problems, fortunately, so in case you're not interested in finding a fix, it's cool.

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hi ThirteenAG, iv got a request if possible please

The game is called Rising Kingdoms, came out 2005, can be found on tpb if you dont have it

The issue is with the config file thats with the game you can force 1920x1080 but it messes with the main menu and the UI in the game when playing is messed up but the game world/map seems to run at that resolution fine, its more the UI needs to get fixed for 1920x1080

So if you could make a widescreen fix id be very grateful :)

Aero_
  • Aero_

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

fOqJGz5.png

I gave one last try at fixing Carbon's rearview mirror mask and I was successful. In addition, I was able to fix the PiP (Picture In Picture) mask as well. The values I used for the screenshot were just rough approximations, so I will only provide the addresses:

Rearview Mirror Mask Height: 00750CEE 
Rearview Mirror Mask Width: 00750CF3
Rearview Mirror Mask X Position: 00750D01
Rearview Mirror Mask Y Position: 00750CF8

PiP Mask Height: 00750DE2
PiP Mask Width: 00750DE7
PiP Mask X Position: 00750DF5
PiP Mask Y Position: 00750DEC

-----------

ThirteenAG: If you add this to your widescreen fix then I don't want any thanks or acknowledgement for it, I'm just glad to help  :^:. I also strongly suggest you use the HUD fix that dyons provided, because it fixes an issue with the track highlight not appearing properly. I'm using it in my screenshot.

• Blackbird88, Tomasak, Silent and 3 others like this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted A week ago

I'll update the fix later, thanks.
  • Blackbird88, Tomasak, Mega and 1 other like this

Mega
  • Mega

Still not wasted.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 5 days ago

Tested the UG1 fix and it's pretty much flawless

Spoiler

Only spotted two issues: on the vinyl menu, I can't click directly on the color button, I need to pretend the hud is entirely to the left and click where it would be to open it up. The other one is usually in menus I can see a lot of random text on the sides (main menu I can see floating text on where normally you wouldn't see but hey, it's 21:9 and I want to give you a headache :p). It also happens on end races menu.

• mirh likes this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Can someone test latest 3/VC fixes? If everything is fine, I'll upload them to github tomorrow.
GTA3_widescreen_fix.zip | GTAVC_widescreen_fix.zip

Regarding NFS, I checked those addresses, and they are kinda weird, no idea how to rescale them properly to fit each resolution. So I better leave them as is, with recommendation to turn off the mirror and PiP in the options menu.

Only spotted two issues: on the vinyl menu, I can't click directly on the color button, I need to pretend the hud is entirely to the left and click where it would be to open it up. The other one is usually in menus I can see a lot of random text on the sides (main menu I can see floating text on where normally you wouldn't see but hey, it's 21:9 and I want to give you a headache :p). It also happens on end races menu.

Blame EA :D Though mouse I probably can fix, but too lazy, really. Menu is perfectly controllable with keyboard there.
  • Blackbird88, Tomasak, Mega and 1 other like this

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• Modding Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 5 days ago

Blame EA :D Though mouse I probably can fix, but too lazy, really. Menu is perfectly controllable with keyboard there.

Good thing you're not altering EA Vision™.
  • Blackbird88, Tomasak and Mega like this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Blackbird88, 5 days ago.

And what are the changes to those III/VC fixes? :D

Anything I should look out for?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

And what are the changes to those III/VC fixes? :D
Anything I should look out for?

Just minor fixes, nothing specific. Basically the same version with transparent menu option I uploaded a while ago, but it was like a beta, because I restructured the code a bit, just want to make sure nothing got broken during this.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Blackbird88, 5 days ago.

III still crashes with MSAA set to max and the menu isn't transparent unless it's VC only or collision with the Xbox mod.

VC transparent menu works yeah, but MSAA still causes those black screen transitions with FL off.

BTW you have IVRadar scaling set to on in III and off in VC by default.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

III still crashes with MSAA set to max and the menu isn't transparent unless it's VC only or collision with the Xbox mod.

No, should work in gta3 also.

BTW you have IVRadar scaling set to on in III and off in VC by default.

Because someone reported that it's working incorrectly in VC, and I wasn't able to reproduce.

Aero_
  • Aero_

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Regarding NFS, I checked those addresses, and they are kinda weird, no idea how to rescale them properly to fit each resolution. So I better leave them as is, with recommendation to turn off the mirror and PiP in the options menu.

Yeah, I figured it would be difficult to have them move and resize properly. Is it possible to include an option in the config file to enable it for 16:9 resolutions, or perhaps integrate it with HudWidescreenMode? I think that could be an alternative solution.

If anyone wants the values I used here they are. This is for those using a hex editor, 16:9 resolutions only, with HudWidescreenMode enabled:

Rearview Mirror Mask Width: 00350CF3  00 00 9E BE
Rearview Mirror Mask X Position: 00350D01  00 70 27 3F
PiP Mask Width: 00350DE7  00 00 50 3E
PiP Mask X Position: 00350DF5  00 00 00 3B

• mirh likes this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Yeah, I guess I could include it in WidescreenHud option, if it looks the same on different 16:9 resolutions.
  • Blackbird88, mirh and Aero_ like this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Updated NFSU2 and NFSC fixes, in U2 fixed bug when minimap shows incorrectly in alternative hud mode, in NFSC added that PiP/rearview mirrow adjustment for 16:9.
Also GTA3/VC fixes with latest updates uploaded to github.
  • Tomasak, Mega, mirh and 1 other like this

Aero_
  • Aero_

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

Updated NFSU2 and NFSC fixes, in U2 fixed bug when minimap shows incorrectly in alternative hud mode, in NFSC added that PiP/rearview mirrow adjustment for 16:9.
Also GTA3/VC fixes with latest updates uploaded to github.

Regarding NFSU2, I noticed the rear view mirror is not centered. I think you can use these to control the position:

Rearview Mirror Width: 005CC0F9 & 055C129
Reaview Mirror Height: 005CC121 & 05CC131

Rearview Mirror X Position: 005CC109 & 05CC119
Rearview Mirror Y Position: 005CC101 & 05CC111

I'll try looking for any signs of a "widescreen mode" for NFSU2, because I'm almost certain the console version of this game had one based on this video:

Anyway, sorry if I'm making this thread too much about NFS. I still can't PM, unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users