Photo

[GTA|NFS|MP|OTHER] Widescreen Fixes Pack

929 replies to this topic
ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ThirteenAG, 2 weeks ago.

No, I'm afraid it didn't work. But anyways thank you for trying, you can just forget about it, I don't want want to be a trouble to you. :)

No trouble at all. I altered the formula a bit, because the current one is indeed not exactly correct: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hgyy6y

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A week ago

For some comparision

Mobile http://i.imgur.com/oVK6Phg.jpg

PC http://i.imgur.com/13GEJPD.png

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

For some comparision
Mobile http://i.imgur.com/oVK6Phg.jpg
PC http://i.imgur.com/13GEJPD.png

I believe it's opcode related and fixing things drawn with opcodes is in Wesser's to do list. My goal is just to bring features presented in my old fix and from 3/vc versions.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by Silent, A week ago.

All Mobile textdraws are changed to mostly use widgets, so you can't really compare them with PC.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A week ago

Well I had no idea they made such heavy changes to something so simple. Thanks for clarification

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

R803Mrl.jpg Z1BIXSq.jpg

HUD is stretched unfortunately :(
  • Alt, hc41, Mega. and 3 others like this

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

And to think I even thought about asking you about certain Tony Hawk games, amazing job! By the way, I've noticed that the dinput8.dll still won't let the mouse work properly, I need to switch from the menu to the game a few times for it to work.

SergeantSavidge
  • SergeantSavidge

remove kebab.

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

-pictures-

Really nice work! THAW was one of my all-time favourite games from my childhood.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

In love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Prince Gumball, 3 days ago.

-pictures-

Really nice work! THAW was one of my all-time favourite games from my childhood.

Is THAW good on PC? I used to play it on my PS2 but now I'm worried about using a keyboard to do all the moves.

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 days ago

-pictures-

Is THAW good on PC? I used to play it on my PS2 but now I'm worried about using a keyboard to do all the moves.

Well, all Tony Hawk games are better on PC in my opinion, active multiplayer community, modding, plus you're able to either choose keyboard (might take a while to get used but in the end it's worth it) or a controller. It's all win-win. (specially with this upcoming widescreen fix)

• SergeantSavidge likes this

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 days ago

-pictures-

It's compatible with a Xbox360 controller, although vibration doesn't work and only one of the triggers is mappable (the game counts both triggers as being one button). There are some graphical glitches on modern cards too, but nothing too distracting.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

If any of you wants to test, let me know. I fixed two or three TH games already, basically it's a resolution fixes and when possible hud and stretching and FOV fixes aswell.

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 days ago

I would like to test it. I have the game installed on my laptop right now.

mirh
  • mirh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 days ago Edited by mirh, A day ago.

-pictures-

It's compatible with a Xbox360 controller, although vibration doesn't work and only one of the triggers is mappable (the game counts both triggers as being one button). There are some graphical glitches on modern cards too, but nothing too distracting.

This is simply due to bitchy microsoft which wanted to make their "new" XInput api looking better (older games used to adopt the much more verstaile DirectInput)

There's lots of solutions for the problem (besides buying a proper non-360 controller).

If you just care about vibrations you only need to install this, otherwise if you want separate Z axis too try these fixed drivers.

For other bugs check here

Sorry for the OT :p

anyway back to topic.. do fixes usually require no-cd .exe just because it would be too tedious to have original copies of all those games, or is it that DRM makes -too- difficult to find the proper memory address to patch?

C0ton
  • C0ton

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 days ago

I must to start a new game to have the best widescreen or i can just continue?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Sorry for the delay, i wanted to upload something by now, but it's been a busy day. I'll do it tomorrow.

New game is not necessary.

anyway back to topic.. do fixes usually require no-cd .exe just because it would be too tedious to have original copies of all those games, or is it that DRM makes -too- difficult to find the proper memory address to patch?

Those are only exes i have. If you want support for more exes, send it via pm and i'll probably add support for them.
  • mirh likes this

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 days ago

If you just care about vibrations you only need to install this, otherwise if you want separate Z axis too try these fixed drivers.

Did you mean to post a different link? You linked to the same page twice, and that driver fixes ony force feedback.

• SergeantSavidge likes this

mirh
  • mirh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted A day ago Edited by mirh, A day ago.

Sorry for the delay, i wanted to upload something by now, but it's been a busy day. I'll do it tomorrow.

New game is not necessary.

Those are only exes i have. If you want support for more exes, send it via pm and i'll probably add support for them.

Cool!

I'll let you know then :happy:

Did you mean to post a different link? You linked to the same page twice, and that driver fixes ony force feedback.

Ops, my fault. Fixed

p.s: are there any drawbacks with GTA III version 1.1? I mean mod-wise, is it less supported?

If san andreas taught me something is that higher number isn't necessarily synonym of better

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I've spent like two hours finding something related to hud scaling. And finally:

lEFTS9z.jpg

p.s: are there any drawbacks with GTA III version 1.1? I mean mod-wise, is it less supported?
If san andreas taught me something is that higher number isn't necessarily synonym of better

Yes, most mods are for 1.0 exe.
  • Alt, ByteCode2014, mirh and 1 other like this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 hours ago

Okay, fixed everything in AW:
DrnRgYN.jpg AbR7OAQ.jpg

As promised, download link of beta version: https://www.sendspace.com/file/oq1ucq

Place both files to 'American Wasteland\Game'. I tested on v1.1 exe, 20.4 MB (21 491 712 bytes).
  • ByteCode2014, mirh and SergeantSavidge like this

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 hours ago

Doesn't work with Reloaded 1.01 exe. Game just stays loading for a long time then crashes.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 hours ago

I can't even run the game with that exe. I'll find another version tomorrow, shouldn't be too hard to add support for reloaded exe.

SergeantSavidge
  • SergeantSavidge

remove kebab.

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 hours ago

Would it be possible to make a WS fix for Mafia II? It's pretty much "fixed" by 2K already but there's still some things that could be improved I think, take a look at this screenshot for example:

Spoiler

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 18 hours ago

I can't see what you want us to see there.

SergeantSavidge
  • SergeantSavidge

remove kebab.

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 hours ago

I can't see what you want us to see there.

well, I was trying to point out that things could be shrunk a little (like the radar for example) and things could be moved more "in the corners" if that makes sense. It's only a suggestion btw.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 7 hours ago Edited by ThirteenAG, 6 hours ago.

Reloaded exe support for AW(20.4 MB (21 442 560 bytes)) - https://www.sendspace.com/file/ietjl7

qBi28OC.jpg F7EZYWj.jpg

P.S. Forgot to mention, don't choose 1024x768 at launcher, it's not supported. 1280x1024 is recommended.

Would it be possible to make a WS fix for Mafia II? It's pretty much "fixed" by 2K already but there's still some things that could be improved I think, take a look at this screenshot for example:

No, i don't see a point.

Underground 2 fixed:
wrEdxXY.jpg fxQ7DDa.jpg

I have 2,57 MB (2 699 264 bytes) exe, is that good enough?
  • ByteCode2014 likes this

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 5 hours ago

Now it's working fine. Really, they should have supported widescreen in the first place. Not to mention get rid of fixed resolution options, they did that in every freaking Tony Hawk game. I have a game from 1998 that natively allows me to select any resolution I want (and natively suports widescreen as well, although it's the cropping method).

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 hours ago Edited by ThirteenAG, 2 hours ago.

More fixes:
TonyHawksProSkater2_widescreen_fix.zip for 1,38 MB (1 450 035 bytes) exe
TonyHawksProSkater3_widescreen_fix.zip for 1,82 MB (1 908 736 bytes) exe
TonyHawksProSkater4_widescreen_fix.zip for 1,76 MB (1 855 488 bytes) exe
TonyHawksUnderground_widescreen_fix.zip for 3,40 MB (3 571 612 bytes) exe
TonyHawksUnderground2_widescreen_fix.zip for 2,57 MB (2 699 264 bytes) exe
TonyHawksAmericanWasteland_widescreen_fix.zip for 20,4 MB (21 491 712 bytes) | (21 442 560 bytes) exe

In Pro Skater 2-3 fixed only resolution, in PS4 everything except hud. Let me know if there's anything else(like another exe support) needs to be fixed.

Also, it's been a year(seems like only yesterday), but...

Second, I'd like to ask: Have you ever heard of a game called "Call of Cthulhu: The Dark Corners of Earth"?
It's great old game that not many people have played. I personally find it fantastic for its slow, adventure like pace. Kinda rare for an FPS.
Anyway, it technycally suports widescreen resolutions, but the rendering resolution is horrible and the screen is streched.\
Is there anything you could do about it? Id love if you could at least look into it.
Thanks in advance, mate. biggrin.gif

I'm downloading a game to take a look :)

AtikiN
  • AtikiN

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted An hour ago

ThirteenAG, please, make Widescreen Fixes for Harry Potter games. Especially, for HP GoF.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted An hour ago Edited by ThirteenAG, An hour ago.

ThirteenAG, please, make Widescreen Fixes for Harry Potter games. Especially, for HP GoF.

At least provide a wikipedia page of that game(s), so it might end up in my to do list. A wsgf.org page couldn't hurt either.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users