Quantcast

» «
Photo

[GTA|NFS|MP|OTHER] Widescreen Fixes Pack

1,127 replies to this topic
Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:51 PM Edited by Wesser, 12 March 2014 - 11:31 AM.

I guess it's more about just making the HUD smaller like modern games tend to do rather than if calculations are 'proper' ot not.

Resizing the HUD is another question, it has nothing to do with proportions. I wanted to clarify that proper proportions and FOV do not visually vary on any screen resolution. Random fact, you were forcing people to be satisfied about the radar width because you were going to leave it as R* did.

Random fact, now you're doing exact same thing I (according to you) tend to do

My post was more to help ThirteenAG as I won't make any widescreen "fix" beyond SA. Weren't you overstimating your method in pm by saying you JUST chose a different approach on VCSPCE? I don't wanna sound rude but actually I followed THE approach. And then, we ended up "fighting" like politicians. :p

Yeah, no argue with that, i was going to ask you in pm about adding the ability to rescale certain elements, and since i'm not aware of your plans regarding wshps, i thought i could do it by myself some day, with your permission of course.

No problem at all. However, I wish you take advantage of some functions I will export in the future to automate the scaling computations (then you won't need any permission by me, even at present though). :^:

Nah, i don't like my fix anymore. I also like the idea of fixing menu stuff in gta3 and vice city, it's very good looking in SA.

Ok, be aware it's the most annoying and significant part, at least in SA. :p

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

No problem at all. However, I wish you take advantage of some functions I will export in the future to automate the scaling computations (then you won't need any permission by me, even at present though). :^:

Sounds good.

Ok, be aware it's the most annoying and significant part, at least in SA. :p

Yeah, i believe it's even worse in 3/vc, but will see what i can do.

TommyCJFaann
  • TommyCJFaann

Everything changes.

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Mmmmmmmm....Fixing menu stuff!

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Just tested, both Max Payne fixes works with steam versions of the games, thanks to steam sale. Also found one bug which was fixed.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

Just tested, both Max Payne fixes works with steam versions of the games, thanks to steam sale. Also found one bug which was fixed.

This is amazing! I remember pestering you to add support to Steam version of MP1. Glad to hear you found a solution.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

This is amazing! I remember pestering you to add support to Steam version of MP1. Glad to hear you found a solution.

Wanna test? http://www.sendspace.com/file/vanbot

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Sometimes my GTA SA loads the game with the plugin just fine, the widescreen works like charm. But then after exiting and re-entering the game, my resolution is the same but the FOV goes back to normal, not "widescreen-like"

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 16 March 2014 - 04:41 PM.

Wanna test? http://www.sendspace.com/file/vanbot

Sure. Let me install the game.

Oh man it really works. I am so glad I can use the vanilla exe now. It's weird though that main menu and loading screen are tiny before loading the game. Ingame menu has correct size.

http://i.imgur.com/DqhegAd.png

Also when it's big and I Alt-Tab out of the game it become small again.

MP2 fix works as well with Steam version and doesn't have this problem. Actually it does a bit, but it's OK compared to MP1.

For comparison http://i.imgur.com/NefHP1t.png

And I found first bug. There are bugged textures in the first map. Turning around makes it look like a hole in the map.

http://i.imgur.com/6PLMOU1.png

Mega
  • Mega

''This is Head Radio, A Love Media Station.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Since we are talking about glitches, I would like to report a glitch on the GTA3 fix;

I recently bought a 21:9 monitor (2560x1080, talk about a beast resolution) and decided to play some games using your fix. Most of them worked fine, such as Max Payne 1 (although since it hates my AMD cards it stopped working recently for no reason/crashes after launcher) and Manhunt (currently playing) which look fantastic!

Now, the small issue on GTA 3:

When you`re using a weapon, the aim is a little bit off, as you can see here

xsxddnB.jpg

BUT when you use the manual aim, it centers correctly, unlike above;

obhNnVw.jpgBesides that, everything is working fine, amazing work on these fixes (you have no clue how thankful I am for the NFSU1/2/MW I am)

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 16 March 2014 - 05:29 PM.

Sure. Let me install the game.
Oh man it really works. I am so glad I can use the vanilla exe now.

Thanks for the tests, all of these bugs are known and nothing i can do to fix them. That's the price of having proper scaling of 3D image.

Since we are talking about glitches, I would like to report a glitch on the GTA3 fix;

I recently bought a 21:9 monitor (2560x1080, talk about a beast resolution) and decided to play some games using your fix. Most of them worked fine, such as Max Payne 1 (although since it hates my AMD cards it stopped working recently for no reason/crashes after launcher) and Manhunt (currently playing) which look fantastic!

Now, the small issue on GTA 3:

When you`re using a weapon, the aim is a little bit off, as you can see here

http://i.imgur.com/xsxddnB.jpg
BUT when you use the manual aim, it centers correctly, unlike above;

http://i.imgur.com/obhNnVw.jpgBesides that, everything is working fine, amazing work on these fixes (you have no clue how thankful I am for the NFSU1/2/MW I am)

I'll fix it in the next version, Silent mentioned some method he discovered to handle crosshair mismatching for good.
  • Mega likes this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:24 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 17 March 2014 - 01:48 PM.

Alright then. It's really weird though that your fix affects map geometry in the first place especially when it isn't even on the sides where the view is extended.

They fixed that on mobile though. My S4 with 1080p screen has zero problems

http://i.imgur.com/ONtpT5b.png

laydnerf
  • laydnerf

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:24 AM

Hi There! I'm having a problem to run GTA III with this :( ... It crashes during the loading screen (near to 85% loaded) after  selecting new game or load saved game. I am runnig at 1920 x 1080 x 32 . Also have Ginput script (with xbox controler button images) in use. the error I get is:
Unhandled exception: c0000005
At address: 52406430
Thanks a lot for your help!   

EvilAaron
  • EvilAaron

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:42 AM Edited by EvilAaron, 19 March 2014 - 08:47 AM.

Hi There! I'm having a problem to run GTA III with this :( ... It crashes during the loading screen (near to 85% loaded) after  selecting new game or load saved game. I am runnig at 1920 x 1080 x 32 . Also have Ginput script (with xbox controler button images) in use. the error I get is:
Unhandled exception: c0000005
At address: 52406430
Thanks a lot for your help!   

Same issue here. Steam version 1.1 Have Ginput, 360 images, GTA IV control style. Same error codes.

edit: removed Ginput and few textures I am using still wont load.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Well, i have GInput too, works fine. What's happening without GInput? 

EvilAaron
  • EvilAaron

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

Removing Ginput so my GTA 3 is stock still won't load.

If I run in 98/ME compatibility mode it loads and runs aside from a "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program" error when I exit the game that does not occur with III_widescreenfix_remake removed.

Win XP SP3 compatibility mode is the same as when I run my default Win 7 64, Ginput works but III_widescreenfix_remake won't load past 85ish %

Also for some reason Ginput won't work for me when I run in 98/ME compatibility mode, if I can solve that it might be a fix though not sure how stable it is have to play a while. With the crash that occurs on exit might still be something wrong.

TommyCJFaann
  • TommyCJFaann

Everything changes.

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Removing Ginput so my GTA 3 is stock still won't load.

If I run in 98/ME compatibility mode it loads and runs aside from a "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program" error when I exit the game that does not occur with III_widescreenfix_remake removed.

Win XP SP3 compatibility mode is the same as when I run my default Win 7 64, Ginput works but III_widescreenfix_remake won't load past 85ish %

Also for some reason Ginput won't work for me when I run in 98/ME compatibility mode, if I can solve that it might be a fix though not sure how stable it is have to play a while. With the crash that occurs on exit might still be something wrong.

If you are gonna use "Compatibility mode" then delete gta3.set in C:\Users\your_account_name\Documents\GTA3 User Files.

Replace your_account_name with the user account name of yours.

You should also try starting a new game,if necessary.

EvilAaron
  • EvilAaron

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Thank-you for the tips

Just did a clean install of game with no settings files or saves in default or public locations.

win7 64 = Ginput works, widescreenfix can't complete a load of new game start, SilentPatchIII works but freezes game when I die

win98/winME compatibility mode = Ginput not working, III_widescreenfix loads but causes game crash on exit, SilentPatchIII works but freezes game when I die

All of the above tested no settings or saves, no textures, by themselves and together.

Guess for now I will play what works and play Win7 64 with Ginput and my textures. Live with bad widescreen and few bugs :) Cause I can't guess what else to try, thxs for the help any more ideas welcome.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

You said you are using GTA III (Steam v1.1), but none of my gta fixes works with steam version, only with 1.0 retail exe.

EvilAaron
  • EvilAaron

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:29 PM Edited by EvilAaron, 19 March 2014 - 04:37 PM.

My mistake was reading to many mods and things last night, said 1.0 and 1.1 in 1st page post my mind filled in the blank and thought it said steam workable. Sorry for bugging you about this. Any other solutions for Steam users? Big sale on weekend a fews folks I know playing with it.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 19 March 2014 - 04:55 PM.

Actually i bought 3rd era collection too last weekend, but currently i don't have any plans to make my fixes compatible with steam executables. Only thing you can do is to use downgrader: https://dl.dropboxus..._downgrader.zip
It will make your steam game compatible with almost all mods.
  • Mega and laydnerf like this

EvilAaron
  • EvilAaron

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

thank-you for the tip, everything is working after a downgrade appreciate your time replying and creating these..

Not sure what breaks going back from 1.1... Silent patch fix everything of concern or is there more community fixes to replace whatever R* did in 1.1

Man looks so much better with widescreen fix :D

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

I'm planning to make it even better :)

TommyCJFaann
  • TommyCJFaann

Everything changes.

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

You said you are using GTA III (Steam v1.1), but none of my gta fixes works with steam version, only with 1.0 retail exe.

Hmmm....so does Steam use new memory addresses or a new rendering code?

laydnerf
  • laydnerf

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

Thanks for the replies ThirteenAG! I am also running Steam version. That is the problem... As Ginput works with all the versions (Steam and non-Steam) I thought, in my ignorance, that most of the mods would also work.

Problem solved at the end... Thanks again, great mod!! 

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:09 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 21 March 2014 - 07:49 AM.

Damn, the doors bug actually was fixed a long time ago, but i forgot! I'll upload something to test today.
isvh.th.jpg

499i.th.jpg 4mhg.th.jpg

UPD. Found something that can help remove graphic glitches in MP1 too.
  • TJGM likes this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:33 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 21 March 2014 - 10:54 AM.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zum9v7 - Max Payne 1

I think there's no graphic bugs anymore, who can confirm?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g58oi8 - Max Payne 2

Some doors are still buggy, but as much as they were. And object disappearance was fixed!

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 21 March 2014 - 02:13 PM.

I'll test it.

First door is definitely fixed.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:58 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 21 March 2014 - 03:09 PM.

I'll test it.
First door is definitely fixed.

I tested it a bit more aswell, graphic glithes on some doors are still there and i can't fix them. I can "fix" them with a workaround, like i did before, some tricky hack making distance between player and camera smaller(which is fixes that bug), then increasing FOV to make it look how it was, but there's a player LOD shows up and his shadow becomes a bit weird.

Btw, just tested Wesser's FOV calculations in VC, works great:
izvw.jpg v2pw.jpg
  • TJGM likes this

Dani5ooo
  • Dani5ooo

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Btw, just tested Wesser's FOV calculations in VC, works great:

izvw.jpg v2pw.jpg

Nice. Hopefully the radar, hud, proportions, pause menu, mission and box text etc. get fixed too.  :D ^^

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:08 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 21 March 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Nice. Hopefully the radar, hud, proportions, pause menu, mission and box text etc. get fixed too.  :D ^^

Nah, who cares about it  :cool: *just kidding*

Same Wesser's code in MP2:

gxx2.jpg va8c.jpg 0meb.jpg

Dunno why, works a bit differently in MP1, but looks good anyway. No more predefined constants, that's for sure.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users