ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Well... GTA1 widescreen fix

0dd67e028d846c33f1bf81839c082748.jpg 

78d9bee608b29c12bf6d56681f32d5c6.jpg

Also i've uploaded GTA2 widescreen fix separately.

alex8ball_BRATVA
  • alex8ball_BRATVA

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

thanx for gta2 screen fix

ShirakoDX
  • ShirakoDX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

Hello, I got the window mode to work in flatout2 but is it possible to adjust the screen size by clicking and dragging?  I had a window mod before on my Vista machine that allowed adjusting the window size, which allowed me to set it so that it takes up all of my screen except my start bar for quick switching between windows, but that mod does not seem to be available anywhere anymore...it was a simple dll file that worked with san andreas and flatout 2 but not flatout 1. It also would be nice to be able to adjust the size without having to leave the game in case I want to play the game and do something else at the same time, such as web browsing or instant messaging.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hello, I got the window mode to work in flatout2 but is it possible to adjust the screen size by clicking and dragging?  I had a window mod before on my Vista machine that allowed adjusting the window size, which allowed me to set it so that it takes up all of my screen except my start bar for quick switching between windows, but that mod does not seem to be available anywhere anymore...it was a simple dll file that worked with san andreas and flatout 2 but not flatout 1. It also would be nice to be able to adjust the size without having to leave the game in case I want to play the game and do something else at the same time, such as web browsing or instant messaging.

No, i believe you can't do that. You can run the game in windowed mode with low resolution, set Border=1 in wndmode.ini to show it's borders.
What's wrong with Alt+Tab by the way?

ShirakoDX
  • ShirakoDX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

No, i believe you can't do that. You can run the game in windowed mode with low resolution, set Border=1 in wndmode.ini to show it's borders.
What's wrong with Alt+Tab by the way?

Well, fullscreen does not allow the alerts in the bottom right of my screen to show up, so I never know when i get a message or anything. It also takes a bit to load the window when exiting/entering fullsceen and I like smooth transitions between the game and whatever else I may be doing. See, my computers monitor is a bigscreen, and because it is at a very high resolution, switching out of fullscreen takes a bit to do. My screen is big enough for half the screen to be my game and the other half being whatever else, but I am looking for the game to be as big as my desktop but still have my start bar and the popup windows. if flatout 2 had the resolution I want I would be happy with it...is there a way to change the resolutions in the setup to custom values?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

Well, fullscreen does not allow the alerts in the bottom right of my screen to show up, so I never know when i get a message or anything. It also takes a bit to load the window when exiting/entering fullsceen and I like smooth transitions between the game and whatever else I may be doing. See, my computers monitor is a bigscreen, and because it is at a very high resolution, switching out of fullscreen takes a bit to do. My screen is big enough for half the screen to be my game and the other half being whatever else, but I am looking for the game to be as big as my desktop but still have my start bar and the popup windows. if flatout 2 had the resolution I want I would be happy with it...is there a way to change the resolutions in the setup to custom values?

I think so, you can try to create a custom resolution in your nvidia control panel(not sure how amd handles it), something like WIDTH x HEIGHT - 20, and after that it should be available in the launcher (-setup). Not tested in FO, but works well in GTA.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bgmcb0
New version of gta 3 widescreen fix, temporary link. Fixed crash after starting new game, when save was loaded first.
I'm not gonna update 'main' links any time soon, because as soon as possible, i'll start to upload all my fixes to github, with improved code.

MistaHardkill
  • MistaHardkill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hey sir, have you had a chance to look at the Ghosting issue in Max Payne 1?? Or is that even fixable??

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

No, i don't think it's ever will be fixed, but who knows.

MistaHardkill
  • MistaHardkill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

No, i don't think it's ever will be fixed, but who knows.

Alrighty man. Thanks for the other mods though! They're great:D

ShirakoDX
  • ShirakoDX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

I think so, you can try to create a custom resolution in your nvidia control panel(not sure how amd handles it), something like WIDTH x HEIGHT - 20, and after that it should be available in the launcher (-setup). Not tested in FO, but works well in GTA.

Hey, that is kinda neat. I was not aware nividia control panel was able to do so and then flatout2 would show the resolution. worked for me

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bgmcb0
New version of gta 3 widescreen fix, temporary link. Fixed crash after starting new game, when save was loaded first.
I'm not gonna update 'main' links any time soon, because as soon as possible, i'll start to upload all my fixes to github, with improved code.

I believe that crash happens in VC as well. At least I do get crashes if I try to load a save after playing for a while. Also, if I leave borders disabled, the game tends to freeze on fade-ins during missions.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulators fan

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:30 AM Edited by Blackbird88, 01 December 2013 - 09:32 AM.

Well... GTA1 widescreen fix

0dd67e028d846c33f1bf81839c082748.jpg 

78d9bee608b29c12bf6d56681f32d5c6.jpg

Also i've uploaded GTA2 widescreen fix separately.

I assume the GTA1 Fix doesn't work with London 69 and 61? I'm using separate exes London 61.exe and London 69.exe so GTA1/69/61 work on WIndows7/8.

And the GTA2 one won't work with nGLide right? Regular GTA2 lags like bitch to me.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

I assume the GTA1 Fix doesn't work with London 69 and 61? I'm using separate exes London 61.exe and London 69.exe so GTA1/69/61 work on WIndows7/8.
And the GTA2 one won't work with nGLide right? Regular GTA2 lags like bitch to me.

No, unfortunately not. Dunno about nGLide.

I believe that crash happens in VC as well. At least I do get crashes if I try to load a save after playing for a while. Also, if I leave borders disabled, the game tends to freeze on fade-ins during missions.

Lazy to check borders right now(better to use cleo mod anyway), as for the crash, try this version: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2hnczn

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm having an issue with the SA version of this mod (the issue occasionally occurs on VC, it seems to have stopped, though.) The small issue I'm having is that sometimes the game won't capture my mouse, so I can't move the camera. Is there any way to fix this?

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm having an issue with the SA version of this mod (the issue occasionally occurs on VC, it seems to have stopped, though.) The small issue I'm having is that sometimes the game won't capture my mouse, so I can't move the camera. Is there any way to fix this?

Try this plugin,might help,might not : mouse.asi

Libertin
  • Libertin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hello!

How exactly do I have to install and use this tool?
I've never done that before.

Currently I extracted it into both my root folder "programs/gtavicecity/ and my own documents folder, but I couldnt get it started in the game.

Please help me.

cabron-jon
  • cabron-jon

The Last Hero

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hello!

Currently I extracted it into both my root folder "programs/gtavicecity/ and my own documents folder, but I couldnt get it started in the game.

Please help me.

folder: programs/gtavicecity/mss and installed library CLEO.

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Hello!

Please help me.

folder: programs/gtavicecity/mss and installed library CLEO.

You don't need CLEO at all, just put it on the same folder as the gta-vc.exe executable and it will load it automatically when you run the game. You need to have a supported exe though.

Libertin
  • Libertin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by Libertin, 01 December 2013 - 10:09 PM.

Sorry, it doesnt work. I tried it now to put it in the folder mss (there is no subfolder there) without any change.

Does it matter that I use a cracked exe?

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

Lazy to check borders right now(better to use cleo mod anyway), as for the crash, try this version: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2hnczn

Still crashes when going from loading a game to starting a new game, unfortunately.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

Error log from MVL or exception address?

Libertin
  • Libertin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

So I am the only person in the world who cant get the tool started by simply having it in the main directory?

Is there an older tool which can fix the widescreen bug?

I couldn't get working the gtafov either in my Vice City.

http://www.widescree...iles/gtafov.zip

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

Get a screen of your GTA VC folder, tell the exact exe size that you have, then we'll see.

MistaHardkill
  • MistaHardkill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Also, maybe this is by design...but is there any way to stop the tilting camera when turning during driving?

Doesn't happen on the GTA3 version of the widescreen fix...or the SA version. Only happens in Vice City. It tilts back and forth when I turn either direction - makes me dizzy lol.

NOESM
  • NOESM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Thank yot, ThirteenAG. This was really needed for GTA games. Been playing San Andreas with your proper widescreen fix for days and it works great. Again thanks. Just wanted to report a small oversight in San Andreas:

gta_sa_racing_text.jpg

gta_sa_racing_text2.jpg

As you can see, the text is not centered in race mode when the vehicle get destroyed or when someone exit it. Nothing important really. Just wanted to report that.

Thanks again. :)

ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings
  • ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings

Scrawny Git

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings, 14 December 2013 - 12:54 AM.

I'm having the same problem when loading a game as well. As soon as it's about to load, it freezes and crashes. My brother even tried it on his computer and the exact same problem occurs. We're both using vanilla Steam exes.

If it's of any relevance, here's what my GTA 3 directory looks like:

Zj9l0z.jpg

And here's the error message that I get.

8KHhFy.jpg

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:41 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 14 December 2013 - 05:41 AM.

Steam executables aren't supported. 1.0 only, in case of gta3, also 1.1.
You can downgrade with this archive if you want: https://dl.dropboxus..._downgrader.zip
But note that in GTA3 1.0/1.1 cars doesn't have headlights, this bug will be fixed in the next GInput release, also there's other fixes available for that.

ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings
  • ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings

Scrawny Git

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Oh, I thought 1.1 was the Steam version. My mistake.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 14 December 2013 - 02:45 PM.

A little bit offtopic, but Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure was released on steam, with widescreen support:
8a5be919662dc1dd8a8d5417240f1e19.jpg 0edc4845e571bf35fa3d982df42003e3.jpg

More screens here.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users