Territory glitch not working?

57 replies to this topic
WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Big Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

I wanted to try the territory glitch just for fun. So I jacked a Shamal from the LS airport, with the cheat that makes everything faster, flew west of the airport for an hour, then flew the plane right into the water, where it exploded. I looked at the map and stats, and I didn't see any changes in territories. Am I doing anything wrong?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 18 May 2013 - 11:54 PM.

That glitch takes hours not "an hour", so my recommendation is do it, go to bed and when you awaken, check the effects. This particular method (as far as i know) only works on the NTSC V1 San Andreas and on the PS2 console.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (WorldofCog @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 20:09)
I wanted to try the territory glitch just for fun.

Have you reached the "Doberman" mission?
Did you try it without the Cheat?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:38 AM Edited by BabeRuth, 12 March 2013 - 03:30 PM.

(1) Which version do you have?

(2) What mission are you on?

I don't recommend flying off the map, just use the satchel trick.
http://www.gtaforums...opic=449982&hl=
http://www.gtaforums...opic=263842&hl= (LOCKED)
http://www.gtaforums...opic=472819&hl=

(@ Addict)
It doesn't take hours to fly way off the map. Just a minimum, of 10-15Min. Of course the longer you fly, the harder the territories will be to take. If you fly short time, they tend to have stronger density, than flying long.

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Big Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

I have the PS2 version, last mission I did in the save I'm using is "Home Coming", which is when you can start gang wars again.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

The fly off map trick didn't work for me until I took over all default territories. Try that and see if it works.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

What version do you have?

If your at "Home Coming", you should be able to do the method.

You should try the satchel trick(C4)

ArmedJudas47
  • ArmedJudas47

JamieRose

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

OK I tried the glitch and flew around San Andreas for 30 Minutes then i crashed my airplane in the water then after that i respawn looked at the map and nothing changed...

So can anyone help me about this glitch

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

If you "flew around", that's not good enough. You have to fly off the map for about an hour or two. The longer you do this, the more territories that will arise.

This will only work on the original San Andreas for PS2, not the Special Edition/Trilogy nor the XBOX. As for PC, I can't confirm nor deny.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

What version do you have?

*Just a heads up* the longer you fly the harder it ell be to take the territories.

You should try the satchel(C4) method. It works on all versions. icon14.gif

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

It doesn't work on PC. I flew or 10 minutes and had 1 territory in LV. I then flew for about an hour, nothing happened.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

To clear a detail up... do these territories immediately appear or Only when the Doberman and Grove 4 life missions activate them?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:43 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 14 April 2013 - 03:45 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 03:08)
To clear a detail up... do these territories immediately appear or Only when the Doberman and Grove 4 life missions activate them?

The territories are added as well as the stats, though the map colors will not appear until you reach a gang war part of the game, but you will find gangs in areas you typically wouldn't. The cool thing is if you get these glitched territories, you take them over and complete Green Sabre, you will not lose them like you lose the default territories.

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

ANTISOCIAL ASSHOLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

This glitch does not work on the new PSN version.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

The fact that this glitch seems to only work on a specific console on a specific version, that tells me Rockstar didn't intend for this glitch to exist.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 02:54)
The fact that this glitch seems to only work on a specific console on a specific version, that tells me Rockstar didn't intend for this glitch to exist.

OR that it was fixed.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

Forgot to mention: This glitch only activates about 170 territories at most instead of the entire 380. Also, in rural settings (countryside & desert), gangs do not spawn even if they own territory there. This is because those areas don't have the gangland coding LS, SF & LV do. For them to spawn in El Quebrados, Las Barrancas, Dillimore, Angel Pine, etc you need special rezoning codes to do that.

For example: this NTSC V1 AR-MAX code enables high density (63) Grove territory with rezoned coordinates in Las Barrancas:

VZHX-1HZM-8X9JQ
6X7R-DUXM-MWWPV
8XWX-RDRB-203GV

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:37 AM Edited by OrionSR, 26 April 2013 - 05:40 AM.

I'm sure Rockstar didn't intend for this glitch to be a feature; the same glitch on PC can only glitch 12 new turfs but can also break the taxi or Mike Toreno missions and prevent 100%. The glitch, in short, is due to the game engine trying to un-grey the map fog the covers the map early in the game. The math breaks down when CJ is off the map and the engine starts writing 01s over 00s in the wrong area of memory. If the glitch wasn't restricted to scrambling zone information this could have been a much more serious problem.

My guess is that Rockstar never bothered with this glitch; it never generated enough alarm to threaten the profits. Other changes probably tweaked where the game tries to write the glitches. Perhaps now it doesn't cause any damage, but that's not the same as a fix. If flying off the map eventually leads to ungreying the whole map without CJ entering 80 different sectors then the engine has made a lot of glitches; 80 or more minus any that were already clear.
  • OG Viking likes this

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Member Title? Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

What's the satchel charge trick?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 14:41)

When a territory is attacked by a rival gang, you throw satchel charges on the attackers, go to a grey area that you want to be a territory, then detonate. The grey will turn green. You must do this quickly because if you leave the attack zone too long, you'll lose the territory.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:52 AM Edited by BabeRuth, 27 April 2013 - 07:56 AM.

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 14:41)

THIS:

http://www.gtaforums...opic=449982&hl=
http://www.gtaforums...opic=472819&hl=
http://www.gtaforums...opic=263842&hl=

If you don't have a code disc, follow the directions in the links. It works fairly well and it works for all versions. Stick it on 3-4 Ballad, then go to an area that has no gang influence and KABOOM! You can also do the same area to weight the gang density too. But it does take time and patience, as it's not always going to work the first time.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

The satchel method gives low density (of 14, if I recall correctly) territories. It works on the PS2 NTSC V1, not sure about NTSC V2, PAL V1 or PALV2. Other platforms: PC, don't know; PS3, don't know; XBOX, don't know.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

The method should work on all platforms, including PC.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

I've read reports from an Xbox user that the tricks used to manipulate the turfs during attacks do not work on his system. I consider this user to be a reliable source, but I'm waiting for confirmation from other Xbox users before I draw any conclusions.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:56 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 01 May 2013 - 06:47 PM.

DarrinPA confirms the satchel method doesn't work on the XBOX.

IIRC, you play on the Xbox version and have reported difficulties getting some of the turf glitches known to work on PC and PS2 to work correctly in your game. Since your observations on other matters seem to be fairly accurate I've come to the conclusion that gang wars are a little difference on Xbox (pending confirmation from other Xbox users)

You are correct. The main glitch that most people use (which I believe is called the Hood abuse glitch) is when a "defend your territory" notice appears. That never worked for me. I instead start a gang war and go through all 3 waves, except I leave the last guy alive and place a satchel bomb on him. Because this is a gang war that I started I can't go too far without abandoning the war. So I go to a non-gang colored area within sight. It then takes a random territory and makes it grey, thus moving it rather expanding the amount of territories.

It's a long shot, the solution I mentioned - that is if it even works on PS2 and PC. Can anybody test to see if my version works on PC or PS2? It should leave the Total Gang Territories number the same. Orion may be correct that these different counsoles aren't going to act the same.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

Not quite. DarrinPA is my reliable source. Someone else using Xbox needs to confirm it on the off chance that his game is behaving differently.

But thanks for linking the reference topic, even if the quote is a bit messed up. It makes it look like one person made the whole response.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Citation fixed. By the way, black.y14 confirms the satchel method works on the PS3.

That may be true, to some extent. the Territory Glitch which requires you put satchels on gang members that attack your hood, then detonating them in your desired location still works perfectly fine. The blue hell entrances, all there. Everything seems to be how it was in the PS2, well at least how it all was in the Greatest Hits version. There has to be a way to to transfer the territory customizations from a PS2 8MB memory card to the PS3 Version. We just need someone with the proper knowledge about this to help us out effectively.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 05:56)
[QUOTE]IIRC, you play on the Xbox version and have reported difficulties getting some of the turf glitches known to work on PC and PS2 to work correctly in your game. Since your observations on other matters seem to be fairly accurate I've come to I instead start a gang war and go through all 3 waves, except I leave the last guy alive and place a satchel bomb on him. Because this is a gang war that I started I can't go too far without abandoning the war. So I go to a non-gang colored area within sight. It then takes a random territory and makes it grey, thus moving it rather expanding the amount of territories.

your suppose to leave more than one alive, and your suppose to stick satchel charges(C4) on at least 3-4. dozingoff.gif

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Wow, Ruth, somehow your quotation got very distorted. I quoted DarrinPA & OrionSRs conversation on another topic, you then quoted my quotation and now it appears as if made those comments.

Allow me to quote them more conventionally seeing as the blue bar brews confusion:

OrionSR: "IIRC, you play on the Xbox version and have reported difficulties getting some of the turf glitches known to work on PC and PS2 to work correctly in your game. Since your observations on other matters seem to be fairly accurate I've come to the conclusion that gang wars are a little difference on Xbox (pending confirmation from other Xbox users)."

DarrinPA: "You are correct. The main glitch that most people use (which I believe is called the Hood abuse glitch) is when a "defend your territory" notice appears. That never worked for me. I instead start a gang war and go through all 3 waves, except I leave the last guy alive and place a satchel bomb on him. Because this is a gang war that I started I can't go too far without abandoning the war. So I go to a non-gang colored area within sight. It then takes a random territory and makes it grey, thus moving it rather expanding the amount of territories."

The citation link: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=545486

Anyway, I was always able to succeed with this glitch placing a satchel on just 1 attacker. I guess 3 can be done for good measure. And no, you can't leave any attacker alive because the war will continue and no additional glitched territory will be gained. Like I said, doing this you must be quick as venturing out too long halts an attack and causes loss of influence.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 21:53)
DarrinPA: "You are correct. The main glitch that most people use (which I believe is called the Hood abuse glitch) is when a "defend your territory" notice appears. That never worked for me. I instead start a gang war and go through all 3 waves, except I leave the last guy alive and place a satchel bomb on him. Because this is a gang war that I started I can't go too far without abandoning the war. So I go to a non-gang colored area within sight. It then takes a random territory and makes it grey, thus moving it rather expanding the amount of territories."

Sorry I was on my PSP. At the time I quoted those.

Never tryed this trick. notify.gif Immah give it a try eventually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users