Quantcast

» «
Photo

SA has got a better storyline than other GTA's?

108 replies to this topic

Poll: San andreas got a better storyline than any other GTA? (120 member(s) have cast votes)

San andreas got a better storyline than any other GTA?

1. Definately! (19 votes [17.92%])

Percentage of vote: 17.92%

2. Maybe... (7 votes [6.60%])

Percentage of vote: 6.60%

3. No it has got a very bad story! (25 votes [23.58%])

Percentage of vote: 23.58%

4. Somewhat better... (4 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

5. Not better than 4! (26 votes [24.53%])

Percentage of vote: 24.53%

6. Not better than VC! (13 votes [12.26%])

Percentage of vote: 12.26%

7. Not better than 3! (4 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

8. All the GTA's have a standard one... (8 votes [7.55%])

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

You have to be kidding me if you think it's the best. Quite frankly, it's my least favorite story. IV is my favorite simply because of the sophistication and that I actually love gloomy vibes.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

Rockstar should have removed Zero from the Final Game.His mission's were so annoying and made absolutely no sense.I'm quite glad that they are only required for getting 100%.

Oh and the Countryside missions were boring as hell.In my opinion 'The Truth' was a really boring character and so was Catalina.

The other parts of the game were good,but again there were some annoying missions.For example 'Wrong Side of The Tracks' Big Smoke has an awful aim and in the end he blames CJ which is quite stupid.

Another Annoying mission was Learning to Fly.I don't why they didn't make that mission optional.

Vice City's and IV's had a really good,interesting and fun storyline.Every mission was interesting.In IV the best part was the Deal or Revenge thing,I really like that.III also had some fun missions and I really enjoyed them.

For me If I had to rate San Andreas's storyline on a scale of 10 I'd give it a 7.There were some good stuff like Ryder and Smoke betraying the Grove and 'Saints Marks Bistro' which was pretty unique,But compared to the other GTA games I have to say it is the worst.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 16:52)
QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 16:26)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 07:24)
Hell even GTA III has a better story.

Bullsh*t.

No it's true, Grand Theft Auto III had a far more interesting and believable story compared the LSD/Magic Mushroom filled thrill ride that San Andreas had.

Uhh... no III, the whole story was foreshadowing.

III was so tedious.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 06:04)

Bullsh*t.

No it's true, Grand Theft Auto III had a far more interesting and believable story compared the LSD/Magic Mushroom filled thrill ride that San Andreas had.

III was so tedious.

Once again though it depends on who you're asking and if you're asking me mate, I found the mobster story of Liberty City to be far, far more interesting then the 'experience' that San Andreas supplied us with. I'm sorry but you just cannot argue that San Andreas had a better story then III, better gameplay mechanics possibly, but story ? No.

There's no way in hell that San Andreas had a good story as it forgot what it was going on about right around the moment you started burning fields of drugs for hippies and using an abandoned subway system to make your way to San Fierro, only to find yourself shooting down toy planes with a minigun gun..

I simply can't see how that right there's compelling storytelling, I'm going to bet that half the people who bought the game never finished it because what they really loved about San Andreas was the freedom it gave you outside of the story, not inside of it. Yes I know Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is your favourite game and I respect that, but you cannot sit there and tell me with a straight face that its' story was better then Grand Theft Auto III's.

That's just blatant fanboyism, and nothing more.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 12 March 2013 - 10:30 AM.

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 15:08)
SA has got the worst storyline of the series.

Liberty City stories? The Ballad of Gay Tony?

Anyway, no. I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be, but it's also not the best in the series. IV, Vice City and TLaD have way better storylines imo.

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

GTA SA's storyline wasn't as strong as I expected it to be. It felt to me as if they didn't really connect it with the theme of the game. There were pointless missions, especially from Zero. Thank God we don't need to complete them to finish the storyline. Speaking of finishing the storyline, it felt so weak. You didn't even get to kill Tenpenny which I believe was a pretty bad let down. Characters like Toreno and Truth did bring the storyline quite alive though.

GTA VC had a solid storyline. Taking over Vice City...loved it. inlove.gif .

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

I would say the story of SA was not bad if it was only focused on grove street, ballas, and officer tenpenny, pulaski, etc.

The story just went bad from the countryside. On my opinion this storyline would have been a lot better if sweet was not arrested.

Also some non-needed characters like truth, catalina, etc. etc. should have been removed.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 08:47)

Bullsh*t.

III was so tedious.

Once again though it depends on who you're asking and if you're asking me mate, I found the mobster story of Liberty City to be far, far more interesting then the 'experience' that San Andreas supplied us with. I'm sorry but you just cannot argue that San Andreas had a better story then III, better gameplay mechanics possibly, but story ? No.

There's no way in hell that San Andreas had a good story as it forgot what it was going on about right around the moment you started burning fields of drugs for hippies and using an abandoned subway system to make your way to San Fierro, only to find yourself shooting down toy planes with a minigun gun..

I simply can't see how that right there's compelling storytelling, I'm going to bet that half the people who bought the game never finished it because what they really loved about San Andreas was the freedom it gave you outside of the story, not inside of it. Yes I know Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is your favourite game and I respect that, but you cannot sit there and tell me with a straight face that its' story was better then Grand Theft Auto III's.

I can see where your coming from, SA jumps all over

As much As I like the game, and how it's, my favorite GTA it's not better than VC.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 20:49)
QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 08:47)

Bullsh*t.

III was so tedious.

I can see where your coming from, SA jumps all over

As much As I like the game, and how it's, my favorite GTA it's not better than VC.

Please state why do you prefer SA over VC and other games.

You just can't seem to stand someone else's negative opinion on SA. confused.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

No, people can freely express it if they want to.

Apart from the features, gameplay. CJ was the only one I could relate to. I understood his pain.

Despite all the negative things, I say about III. I don't think it's as bad as LCS confused.gif

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

everything about SA is perfect.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 10:27)
QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 15:08)
SA has got the worst storyline of the series.

Liberty City stories? The Ballad of Gay Tony?

Never played the latter.

But about the former, it had a quite interesting storyline,and it got very intense and extreme at missions like Bringing the House Down for example (which many consider being one of the best and most interesting missions in the whole GTA series). It obviously had it's let downs, but it was nothing compared to San Andreas' wackiness.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by hall90, 14 March 2013 - 04:46 AM.

legend9090 How can you say Everything about sa is perfect. You are talking a load of sh*t.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 10:10)

Comments like this are the reason SA has been knocked down a few rungs on my GTA ladder.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I loved the storyline of GTA San Andreas but the story of Vice City is just pure awesome and the story of The Lost and Damned was pretty good in my opinion.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

I thought SA had one of the worst storylines, better than IV, but worse than VC and III.

To be honest, the beginning in Los Santos is too long and the forest storyline is too boring.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

I wouldn't say SA has the BEST storyline, but it's definetly amazing.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

San Andreas has better gameplay (by far) than other GTAs (my opinion). The storyline did suck though.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 23:10)

Although it's my favorite GTA. SA does have flaws.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by hall90, 14 March 2013 - 04:01 AM.

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 05:50)
I wouldn't say SA has the BEST storyline, but it's definetly amazing.

There is no way in the world that san andreas is amazing

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

He didn't even say, it was the best.... dozingoff.gif

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Some of the story events in San Andreas (like Freefall) were seemingly unrealistic (jumping out of a plane, grabbing another planes door and getting in successfully). However, they say "Fact is stranger than fiction", so that implies real events are even more bizarre.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 04:40)

I notice on your profile it says that 'Least Favorite GTA: obviously IV' That's just pure Fanboyism.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

San Andreas doesn't have the best storyline, but a storyline is only temporary (until completed), so a game needs much more than a great storyline. San Andreas has fun traits to recompense for the poor storyline. There's more to do in San Andreas than other GTA games.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:58 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 15 March 2013 - 08:13 AM.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 18:30)
San Andreas doesn't have the best storyline, but a storyline is only temporary (until completed), so a game needs much more than a great storyline. San Andreas has fun traits to recompense for the poor storyline. There's more to do in San Andreas than other GTA games.

What good is a game with plenty of stuff to do if the story isn't engaging? Considering alot of these "fun traits" are acquired through the story it's a very important aspect. If the story fails to engage no matter how much there is to do it makes the game worthless IMO.

The two should compliment eachother. I can tolerate SA's story because in the grand scheme of video games it's not that bad, but it's a weak GTA story.

loki18760
  • loki18760

Truth Seeker

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

The story Line was meh, be then so is a lot of the story lines In gtas. However I think its' story Line did the best in displaying features of the game for anyone that played through it over all the others.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

SA is a great game overall, and I enjoy it very much, but it doesn't have the best storyline. I mainly play it just to cause havoc around San Andreas. I go through the storyline every once in awhile. The missions are what I'd consider fun, but the story itself just doesn't follow along too well.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

It starts off very well...tryng to find out who killed your mother, then there are these crooked cops, Ryder and Smoke are traitors, then T-Bone, Jizzy B and Torino jump in.

But then things get odd, T-Bone and Ryder get killed in a pathetic mission and Torino is a goverment agent. dozingoff.gif

You own many businesses, have friends all over the place, beat the mafia, ...but your main antagonist is still f*cking Tenpenny?
There were many situations where CJ could have popped him right away.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

It's my favorite by far. Just love how it feels kind of inconsistent with the trip all over the state with Carl focusing on something different in each chapter. Prefer it to the one-dimensional storylines that other games mostly have.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:00 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 21 March 2013 - 07:02 AM.

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 04:24)
It's my favorite by far. Just love how it feels kind of inconsistent with the trip all over the state with Carl focusing on something different in each chapter. Prefer it to the one-dimensional storylines that other games mostly have.

To be honest that's why I'm not a big fan of it. I prefer consistency and a more straight line approach than how SA seems to kind of disjoin itself after the LS segment.

Each to their own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users