Photo

GTA 2 Intro Movie

6 replies to this topic
Spazur
  • Spazur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi. I have recently watched the GTA 2 Intro Movie and I don't get it.. so here is my theory.

As some of you might noticed the intro doesn't seem to be set in the future, in fact quite the opposite, they are after the events of GTA III, Claude was doing his work and he gets shot at the end by the Zaibatsu hitman. I think he doesn't die, he just gets in a 'sleep mode' and is then awaken in 2014 where GTA II is set.

Now let's face it... why would they make the main protagonist die in the intro movie? It's stupid and makes no sense besides, there is no blood.

What are your theories/opinions people?
  • Ramyhyday likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

This intro isn't connected to actual gameplay. It's just a clip to show what GTA is about, show briefly couple of gangs being inluded in the game (Zaibatsu, Rednecks, Krishna, Yakuza, Russian Mafia) and Claude Speed, who doesn't have to be protagonist of GTA 2.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Tycek is right - guys with the polish flag are always right wink.gif

Anyway, I've got exclusive GTA 2 single - Wankers on duty for 15 zlotys (around 3$). It was used to advertise GTA 2 if you can remember.

+ Claude in GTA 2 just respawns after death and it is partially about it.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hi. I have recently watched the GTA 2 Intro Movie and I don't get it.. so here is my theory.

As some of you might noticed the intro doesn't seem to be set in the future, in fact quite the opposite, they are after the events of GTA III, Claude was doing his work and he gets shot at the end by the Zaibatsu hitman. I think he doesn't die, he just gets in a 'sleep mode' and is then awaken in 2014 where GTA II is set.

Now let's face it... why would they make the main protagonist die in the intro movie? It's stupid and makes no sense besides, there is no blood.

What are your theories/opinions people?

Yeah and maybe that's why you start off at a church.  

shaftonetwoone
  • shaftonetwoone

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

The GTA 2 Intro movie was a short movie DMA produced to advertise the game within the industry whilst it was in development.  It isn't Canon but demonstrates the type of thing that can happen within the game when you play it.

I particularly enjoy the fact that the actor who plays Claude Speed has appeared in both The Bill and Eastenders in the UK.  I thought I recognised him!

• G.S.T likes this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

My Theory:
- Claude was going to be protag of all GTA games, like what "The Protagonist" in Saints Row is.
- They decided to make him have no name. They also made him mute. All these things (Which happened in GTA3) were making him reflect you.
- GTA 2 takes place in 2013. But the Claude in GTA2 Movie looks just like Claude in GTA 3. So he didn't live until 2013 and then trip to Anywhere City, he just had a trip to future.
- After this trip, in last days he lived in Anywhere city, Zaibatsu decided to kill him, but "Jesus Saved" him. So he came back to LC and he is alive now.
- Claude seems to be a Superhero in GTA 3D universe, as he appears in a Comic cartoonish story on wall of Ocean View in 1986, Vice City.
- The Superhero thing was cancelled like all things of 3D universe, because we see him aged, having 50% white hair in GTA Online, which is canon to HD universe.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Oh, jeez. It's all true and the streets are paved with gold and the moon is made of cheese. Truth is there is nothing there, yet some people are pushing their theories to the limit. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users