• Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hello GTAForum's Members/Staff

For 2-3 days per month for some strange reason I can't post in the forum/reply to pm's/editing my posts etc unless I use a VPN to hide my IP adress like I am currently. This has been happening for a very long time for me now (I think for the last four months) and I've been waiting all this time to confirm if this is just a co-incidence or an actual problem and it's clearly the latter in my opinion.

What I have tried during periods like this.

Switching Browsers (Doesn't work)
Use CCleaner like PrometheusX suggested (Doesn't work)
Resetting my Router (Doesn't work)
Clearing my browsers cache (Doesn't work)
Use a VPN (The only thing that gives my posting ability back)

Using a VPN makes browsing the forum a tad annoying and very slow. I don't know if it's something here on my end or what and I was hoping I could get help on this issue.

All help will be appreciated.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

It sounds as if you have a problem specifically with HTTP "POST" requests - but the IP blacklist we maintain affects all requests (ie. you wouldn't be able to browse the forum either). Though if you like you can PM me the IP address you have trouble with and I'll confirm whether it's blacklisted.

Additionally, can you describe exactly how the failures occur? Does the page fail to load? Is there a visible error?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Thanks for looking into the issue STM.

The Failure only occurs only when I try to either post in a topic, try to edit one of my current posts, reporting a topic or when I try to send a PM. I can browse through the forum with no problems with my default IP.

I have provided an image below to show what happens when I try to do anything stated above with my default IP other than browsing the forum.

user posted image

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Your IP isn't in any blacklist here, not to mention you'd be receiving a 403 error rather than a 503 if it was. I've never heard of it before, but considering nobody else seems to be experiencing this error it's possible that your router or ISP is detecting POST requests and for some reason hijacking them and returning a 503 response. Do you have a similar problem with any other websites?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

No, I have not experienced this problem with any other website thus far.

QUOTE (STM)
...it's possible that your router or ISP is detecting POST requests and for some reason hijacking them and returning a 503 response.

I don't see a reason why my IP adress would be blacklisted which is why I thought that couldn't be the problem in the first place. Is there any way I can stop my internet service provider or Router hijacking my POST requests and returning a 503 response?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users