Photo

Mastersave Discussion

285 replies to this topic
fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by fnxrak, 12 May 2013 - 08:32 PM.

I really can't help much on that but if it's too hard to take the dozer from LV try the one on badlands near the place you can get the towtruck, it will be harder to take it to the undrowning spot though, but maybe you won't get a call from Barbara.
Also you could try to get the vehicle during a robbery mission (Barbara won't call you) but you would have to take the robbery van near the Dozer start the mission at 20H00 and be able to take the dozer to the undrowning spot before it ends the mission, which seems unlikely. Although this way you will gain a mission try on the stats, even if you had completed it before, I tried it to store vehicles in gaton without loosing the "Grove Street" audio

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

Good idea, I'll try the SF one!
Anyway do the Burglary missions give out a Mission Attempt even after you passed them?

Another thing, here's my method for the Dozer, I haven't tested it:
Get to the Mako Span bridge that connects LS+RC and LV.

Go the the spot where you would jump from (Something alike with the Duneride in FNX's videos), leave the dozer over there.
Find a car, like ZR-350, get there, and use the car as a ramp to get through the bridge (we all know the Dozer can drive over the cars right),
but you have to lift up Dozer's scoop and drive over the car and get to Red County.

I'll test that out.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:48 PM Edited by fnxrak, 12 May 2013 - 10:02 PM.

QUOTE (lol232 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 21:39)
Good idea, I'll try the SF one!
Anyway do the Burglary missions give out a Mission Attempt even after you passed them?

Yes it does unfortanetly, it's I said tried to use it to get the cars in CJ's house without loosing the audio and I noticed that, that's why I used Vigilante missions instead, but you will have to be quicker and deliver one car at a time to the garage. With burglary you would have 9 minutes to deliver 4 cars it's enough I tried it.

QUOTE (lol232 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 21:39)
Go the the spot where you would jump from (Something alike with the Duneride in FNX's videos), leave the dozer over there.
Find a car, like ZR-350, get there, and use the car as a ramp to get through the bridge (we all know the Dozer can drive over the cars right),
but you have to lift up Dozer's scoop and drive over the car and get to Red County.

That might work.
If it gives you too much trouble try it before with the no wanted cheat code to see if the dozer indeed jumps the gap onn the bridge

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Okay, I gave it a try - I succeded to push it off...

But if I go backwards the Dozer will just crush the car, I can only get it halfway with it's front side getting out of the bridge, I tried pushing it with an Enforcer with no luck, then I spawned a Rhino and managed to push it off.

Technically, it's possible but I need a very heave vehicle.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:23 AM Edited by roggan, 30 June 2013 - 10:36 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Monday, May 6 2013, 20:47)
I think the girlfriends might use the same last call timer as the mission calls

Does anybody know a way to force these calls to happen? Right now I have 0% both with Michelle and Kate, 7% for Barbara though (first one was very easy, she didn't like my outfit, so I just had to step into the marker again and again; Kate was more tricky but I managed to get the same with 0% muscle and a lot of fat; I didn't find anything like that for Barbara). The problem is also that I have a max glitched sex appeal and I don't know how to reduce it.
Trying to meet her is not suitable, this will add a failed date to my stat, while missed calls or ignored dates - will not. So maybe someone knows the exact mechanism - are there any timers or maybe I have to be somewhere at some time? Or is there someone who managed her to dislike CJ's outfit?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 10:23)
Does anybody know a way to force these calls to happen? Right now I have 0% both with Michelle and Kate, 7% for Barbara though (first one was very easy, she didn't like my outfit, so I just had to step into the marker again and again; Kate was more tricky but I managed to get the same with 0% muscle and a lot of fat; I didn't find anything like that for Barbara). The problem is also that I have a max glitched sex appeal and I don't know how to reduce it.
Trying to meet her is not suitable, this will add a failed date to my stat, while missed calls or ignored dates - will not. So maybe someone knows the exact mechanism - are there any timers or maybe I have to be somewhere at some time? Or is there someone who managed her to dislike CJ's outfit?

Not exactly the calls but I've always been able to loose progress with Barbara just walking around the country side during the day, but it will not work everytime I'm guessing Barbara won't try and call you after she did it the "day" or "days" before.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

I honestly just drive around Red County (above Los Santos), and even in San Fierro, she calls me everywhere I am but in Los Santos, from some to some period of time.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Okay, so I'm so lucky to have -8% of her progress almost in the very start and now that b**ch doesn't want to call me smile.gif
It's the last thing I have to do in my master save... damn

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 12:39)
Okay, so I'm so lucky to have -8% of her progress almost in the very start and now that b**ch doesn't want to call me smile.gif

Bad luck, huh? turn.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 11:39)

Yeap that's bad I simply gave upon that, since to have a perfect stats is impossible.
So you may try to get the same number of mission tries and mission acomplishes (nope it's imposisble for example the chilliad challenges only counts as a mission acomplish when you complete the 3 challenges, but it counts as a mission try on every challenge, this way will always have a difference in this stats. You can avoid other challenges that only adds a mission try like playing pool and some of the videogames but to get a mastersave you must complete the chilliad.
You may want to get the same number of wanted stars obtained as the number of wanted stars evaded (not impossible, but try to loose all 4 stars when go to the restricted areas)
If you want Michelle FI Monster in a mastersave you will have to at least get a failed date in the stats.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 14:21)
Yeap that's bad I simply gave upon that, since to have a perfect stats is impossible.
So you may try to get the same number of mission tries and mission acomplishes (nope it's imposisble for example the chilliad challenges only counts as a mission acomplish when you complete the 3 challenges, but it counts as a mission try on every challenge, this way will always have a difference in this stats. You can avoid other challenges that only adds a mission try like playing pool and some of the videogames but to get a mastersave you must complete the chilliad.
You may want to get the same number of wanted stars obtained as the number of wanted stars evaded (not impossible, but try to loose all 4 stars when go to the restricted areas)
If you want Michelle FI Monster in a mastersave you will have to at least get a failed date in the stats.

Oooh I can talk a lot about this biggrin.gif
First of all, I play with a minimum of mission failings during the whole game. If need, I take 2, 3 or even 4 cars in one attempt. I know that I cannot get equivalent numbers of started and performed missions (furthermore - I fail the mission if I need to take a vehicle), but I'm going to have minimum of them.
Loosing wanted stars is not so important and I keep it only in Vice City, in SA it would take a lot of time to redo the master save again. And in SA I prefer more dirty game style, I just haaaaate cops. So it's not a problem to save with these 4 stars, biggrin.gif As for going from restricted areas with stars - I know a lot of places with bribes so it's not a problem (and AFAIK pay'n'spray works well too).
I do not get the girls proofed cars because they are rare to me, not unique (I just keep the script working during the whole game).
have a perfect stats is impossible.

Everything is possible smile.gif

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 18:53)
... And in SA I prefer more dirty game style, I just haaaaate cops. So it's not a problem to save with these 4 stars, biggrin.gif ...

Just enter your wardrobe and change clothes before saving.
I can't remember if removing the clothes and putting the same back on is enough, - if not do the Chiliad challenge first to unlock the trunks and swap with those.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

Hey don't get me wrong I just said impossible in the meaning that everyone can make it's own little challenges, so what is important to me might not be important to others and vice-versa.
One thing is certain GTA SA for me is still by far the most challenging game ever because you can aproach the game in so many different ways. I only hope they can take some of these challenging ability and trasport it to the upcoming GTA V. tounge2.gif lol.gif

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

Some time ago, I made my own "starter save" (PS2), and it's quite different from yours. smile.gif

My goal with a starter save was not to finish everything that possibly can be done before the Grove Street audio, it's not realistic with the set of rules I play by. I could have done more side-missions, but not without being in conflict with one or more of my other goals.

In general: I prioritized to keep all possible stats at zero or as low as possible.

My goals (fully achieved unless otherwise stated):
CJ not firing any weapon.
CJ not killing anyone.
Zero "people wasted by others, but I had to accept 4 deaths (not gang members).
No destroyed vehicles of any kind.
Zero "tires popped by gunfire", but I had to accept 12 tires popped.
CJs stats and skills as low as possible. Stats maxed out: Health, stamina and cycling. I want to keep the stats and skills low because I like to get a feeling of developing the character as I play.
No wanted stars attained.
No missions failed or aborted.
CJ not being wasted or busted.
I even tried to keep the "cost of property damaged" as low as possible, although you can't control this- it will increase even if nothing is being damaged. The only way to limit it, is to spend as little time as possible outdoor.
Tried to keep the "hours played" stat at a minimum, simply because some glitches occurs when the timer reaches 600 hours or something like that.
Saved the game in the Verdant Bluffs safehouse. CJ have a BMX in the adjacent El Corona garage, and if he cycles fast without sprinting, he will arrive where Tennpenny dropped him off, exactly on the same minute on the same day of the week (Wednesday).

Properties purchased:
Verdant Bluffs/El Corona.
Santa Maria Beach.
- I didn't bother with Mulholland as I don't need more garage space this early.

Missions done:
Taxi
Firefighter
Paramedic
BMX Courier
BMX Challenge
8-Track
Burglar
- I skipped "Pimping" because I want to get my prostitute budget above zero later, lol. I did keep the "prostitutes visited" stat at zero on this save.
All tags sprayed except the ones I'll spray in "Tagging up Turf". (I know I can do them all early, but it's not logic to do the same thing twice. Or maybe it is, Ballas could have re-sprayed them.)
All 34 Unique Jumps that can be done without getting a wanted level.
All Oysters that can be collected without getting a wanted level (think it was 34).

I didn't bother with getting any special vehicles because at this stage I can't do it without breaking the rules above. I stored a Comet, a couple Buffalos and Mountain Bikes in my garages. Also a BMX saved in El Corona.

CJ's wallet: $ 194k.

The in-game timer stat is over 20 hours, I could have done it faster but not 1 in-game week faster. It is important that CJ arrives on time at the drop-off location on the right day of the week.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

Ok so I've added two more challenges to the front page the minumum stats and girlfriends failed dates.
It's like I said anyone can face the game the way they want. Hell if anything the game may teach us is that rules are for pussy...cats that is biggrin.gif tounge.gif tounge2.gif colgate.gif lol.gif

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

It's fine that you mentioned exactly 43% in the challenges. Yesterday I found out that you can keep girls 'untouched' after you collected the last oyster, so how it could be useful?
1) The highest possible progress with girls in the master-save (43% instead of 40%)
2) I guess they will not call you and their progress will not drop till you touch them (this needs to be checked)
3) The only 'but' - you won't be able to get their proofed vehicles, but I already mentioned that I don't need them. And anyway you are able to do it after when cities will be opened.

I will also try to beat the game without GSF killed in the 'gangs' stat, that's some another challenge. Maybe I'll recall some more of mine later.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (roggan @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 06:48)
It's fine that you mentioned exactly 43% in the challenges. Yesterday I found out that you can keep girls 'untouched' after you collected the last oyster, so how it could be useful?
1) The highest possible progress with girls in the master-save (43% instead of 40%)
2) I guess they will not call you and their progress will not drop till you touch them (this needs to be checked)
3) The only 'but' - you won't be able to get their proofed vehicles, but I already mentioned that I don't need them. And anyway you are able to do it after when cities will be opened.

I will also try to beat the game without GSF killed in the 'gangs' stat, that's some another challenge. Maybe I'll recall some more of mine later.

Actually I was able to get 45% sometimes with the girlfriends don't ask me how I have never understand why sometimes you get 43% and other 45% and it's not the girlfriends I already got 43% and 45% with both Katie and Barbara at least once. That's why I left the girlfriends actually at 0 progress but as soon as you date them or miss a call they will boost their progres to 43% or 45%.
Actually I was also commited to get the "OK" GSF in the stats but for some reason I got one killed before getting the phoenix and I only checked that stats afterwards and I was like nah I'm not goig back (the shame, the shame) blush.gif biggrin.gif but hell I already went back too much times and since I am recording the game from 0 to 100% I have left some of the challenges for a later try.
He he he you have to keep the challenge alive LOLOL.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

This is maybe known to most of you, but I have found out that you can get more than +12% on a date. The gifts are cumulative, one time I had a date that gave me +25%. I drove around and picked up flower after flower. It should work also if you're not allowed to coffee yet.

Is this relevant? Perhaps not, maybe I don't know what you guys are talking about. suicidal.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

Well... I was going to say you were off-topic but perhaps you have something there. The Mastersave context means anything that can be completed without completing the first mission. Generally this means all dates are failures because all the available girlfriends are in restricted territory, but we've learned a few tricks to make a little progress anyway. I'm wondering if the multiple gift idea will allow a little progress even for a failed date.

I thought I checked for this on PCv1. Perhaps I should check again. What system and version are you playing on?

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

PS2 v1.

I can fail the date and still gain progress thanks to all the flowers.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:36 AM Edited by roggan, 03 July 2013 - 10:47 AM.

OrionSR, could you advise something in my situation? I need to drop this Barbara progress w/o disastrous dates, thus I need to receive her call and then ignore her, but it seems that she just stopped calling me... I've managed to drop from 15% to 7% before, while doing the master save though. But now everything is done except for her progress and she does not call.
I think the girlfriends might use the same last call timer as the mission calls, so setting that value to something really high with an editor will mess up the game flow, probably.

How can I find out this timer? What editor is it?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by OrionSR, 03 July 2013 - 10:38 PM.

I'm afraid I don't have any easy answers for you. I could probably look up the last call variables quickly enough but I doubt those are the trouble. Sometimes the girls don't call, aren't at home, or at the meeting location and I've never figured out why. The girlfriend scripts are terribly complicated. It's difficult to tell what's going on. I'm rather busy with another project and won't be able to look into this for a while.

However, at one point I did make a lot of progress decoding the flags that set preferences for the girlfriends. Perhaps that information will be of some use. I suspect the girlfriends are more likely to call, be at home, or at the meeting spot if you more closely match their preferences. And if I read things right, you might want to avoid their preferences to exploit other tricks.

[SA] girlfriend globals / bitmasks http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=417966

I think that you mentioned somewhere about having difficulty with glitched max sex appeal. I can't remember if it's possible to clear this glitch at the tattoo shops. I seem to remember that it's possible to glitch small amounts of sex appeal by removing and applying tattoos, similar to the wardrobe trick. It might be possible to apply tattoos without removing and force and complete recalculation of the total sex appeal - maybe.

BTW, a PS2v1 player reported being able to make progress with failed dates by giving them lots of flowers. I haven't tested this exploit yet.

Added:

Dating Glitch by zmoonchild
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=409880

I'm not sure, but the trick for cancelling dates and dating a girlfriend more than once a day might be useful if it avoids incrementing the disastrous dates stat by skipping the end of the date. The basic trick is that entering certain interiors or starting certain missions will interrupt the date in progress and update the stats. Unfortunately most of the best interiors and missions aren't available yet. If nothing else, it might be possible to drive Barbara to a boat and cross to the SF dry dock and start the NRG-500 Challenge before time runs out and she bails from the back of the bike. (It looks like your best options would be the Kickstart/Dirt Track stadium event, or the Burgershot courier asset.)

Katie usually bails after 6 minutes, but Barbara and... Helena, I think, are often granted a little more time.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thanks a lot! I guess this is a fully comprehensive information on the question.
The interiors trick works, but... I also have to keep my jealous script working. Going to the LV stadium with Barbara and four stars, keeping a jealous girl behind... Sounds impossible, I will be out of time sad.gif
Tattoo shops are not opened yet AFAIK
But still there is a lot to think.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm pretty sure that the tattoo shop off the main strip in LV is always open on all versions. I can't remember now, but the Hashbury tattoo shop might also be open early in the game. I'm still not sure if the tattoo shops will help though. What you really need is a haircut, but I don't think that's an option.

Oh yeah, the two-timing flag. It's quite a tough puzzle you have here. If I can think of anything else I'll let you know.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (roggan @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 15:36)
I will be out of time sad.gif

Nope, actually it's possible! It's very tricky and gives -1% only but at least I have an escape in my situation. Barbara runs away after 5 minutes but it's enough to drive her to the stadium with a jealous one behind.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:43 AM Edited by roggan, 06 July 2013 - 04:58 PM.

I have a PC2 1.0 version and I can affirm: you can get up to 1% only from kisses, but yeah, a lot from gifts! So every GF progress is possible to be at 100% in the master save (and actually you can have a cop and medic uniforms). And it's what I'm gonna work on for next days smile.gif
But for Barbara it seems to be very difficult challenge: in 5 minutes you have to gift her flowers, bring her to the stadium with a jealous girl behind and start the mission.

!!!update:
this does not work, girls do not take gifts while cops are on you

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:13)
a PS2v1 player reported being able to make progress with failed dates by giving them lots of flowers

I know the name, it's OG Viking. wink.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by lzw3, 06 July 2013 - 08:58 AM.

I'm planning on making a Mastersave, I've never doe one before so obviously don't have much experience. I'll be doing it on PC fyi.

First up, I have all all save slots filled already for the purpose of 'spading', that is, repeating missions in order to find new/easier methods and glitches in different portions of the game:
- the green sabre
- are you going to san fierro
- yay ka boom boom
- verdant meadows
- green goo
- home in the hills
- end of the line
- big smoke (for my YT lets play)

which one should i remove to create it in your personal opinion?

[edit] screw it i am deleting my spading files angry.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:08 AM Edited by fnxrak, 06 July 2013 - 10:41 AM.

On PC/PS3 (w/ backward compability) you can easily save all save games just copy the savefiles to different folders.

Hey has anybody acomplished the multiple flowers exploit yet???
I actually had tried it before, but I hadn't much patient and katie got killed in the end anyway and I gave up on this.
Anyway San Fierro provides some nice places to avoid cops like under the highway in front of the Doherty garage.
One thing that I don't get is why do you have to go to the stadium with Barbara?
###edit###
Another question how many flowers would you have to give a girlfriend so that you progress at least 1%, is it possible to get that many flowers in time?
###edit###
Sorry I just remembered why I gave up on that idea of the multiple flowers, driving around with 4 wanted stars level was not problem, the main problem was to not too loose the jealous girlfriend or not get caught by her while driving around (remember that she will show up a few seconds after the girlfriend gets spooked by the wanted level).
Picking and giving flowers to the girlfriend you're dating, along with the avoiding cops issue and in time so that the girlfriend won't get out of the vehicle and top of all that keep the jealous girlfriend script enabled I won't say it's impossible but nearly impossible.
Of course if you don't want to get the proofed vehicles this might really be an option. Sorry I hadn't mentioned it before but I didn't remembered the players that don't give a damn about the proofed vehicles. I'm glad someone else figured it out and tried to implement this exploit, all credits go to OG Viking for this.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

One thing that I don't get is why do you have to go to the stadium with Barbara?

To break up the date and loose only 1%
You'll lose much more if you'll get her home (and actually there will be a disastrous date to the stat)

Another question how many flowers would you have to give a girlfriend so that you progress at least 1%, is it possible to get that many flowers in time?

One flower+one kiss = +1%. Three flowers+one kiss = +3% etc. Actually it gives +2% and +5%, but as I mentioned you'll loose 1% on the break.
I won't say it's impossible but nearly impossible.

Anyway I'll try it and then we'll see. I want the cop uniform to my master save so much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users