Photo

Mastersave Discussion

285 replies to this topic
GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

@OrionSR: So what all can Fresh game index vs Restart game index influence? Are they even important to a Mastersave?

@lol232: I'm sure your projects are possible, but they would require PS2 cheat devices codes or PC mods, and those discussions are forbidden in this section. For that, you'll have to ask in the "cheats & tricks" or "modding" sections.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

I was referring to doing it by glitching the games system, no mods at all. sly.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Spawn conflicts like the Hunter/Leviathan, Bike School rewards, SF Firetrucks, etc. can be solved by moving the vehicles farther apart. This is not possible without cheat codes, mods, or editors.

Spawn variations are random, but some people have had occasional luck getting the engineless NRG to spawn. I'm not sure if variation codes will work on a parked car generator, but that's a modding issue too. Editors could change the variation of vehicles in a garage, but I don't think they do.

Besides the stuff mentioned above, a Restart save from End of the Line (or a save started from a save started from EoL) will have the floor behind the smash wall at Smoke's Crack Palace. PS2v1 players can break the wall with a normal vehicle, other versions require a SWAT Van to break the wall. Restart saves created when the Truth's crops are visible will have the crops available until they are removed by the mission.

There are also a few untested options that might carry over; I haven't checked. Maybe fast reload (rockets and rifles), free PnS, free bombs, free busted/wasted once (maybe others I haven't thought of). The only ones that might be possible to set up without modifications would be free PnS during one of the early Sweet missions, or free busted/wasted once from Bloodbowl.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

Ugh, the thing is, I want my Monster to have those lights on the roof. notify.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

And more than likely you want a fully immune Monster with lights on the roof. The lights are a fairly regular variation, and I don't see anything in the codes that would force a particular variation. Perhaps someone else can confirm that FI variant. Otherwise, what version do you play on? Would you like a save crafted to run quick experiments?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

In my opinion, the AT-400 deserves no attention. I couldn't even fit it in the Verdant Meadows garage.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Yup, I want the FI version to have lights on the Roof, it just looks cooler.
I really don't want to have another failed date confused.gif
43% Progress is the minimum I want.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 09:45)
Yup, I want the FI version to have lights on the Roof, it just looks cooler.
I really don't want to have another failed date confused.gif
43% Progress is the minimum I want.

I tried it a couple of times to get the lightless taxi in San Andreas as in Vice City and it never worked but since sometimes the engineless NRG-500 shows up in some occasions it might be possible but not very probable.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm trying to say, I want the Monster I already have in my Garage to have those fancy lights on the roof.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 13:23)
I'm trying to say, I want the Monster I already have in my Garage to have those fancy lights on the roof.

Yes I know but I'm talking about the replay glitch for the lightless taxi, doesn't seem to work with San Andreas. Sorry I lost the link I had for this.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by OrionSR, 28 April 2013 - 05:53 PM.

AFAIK, changing the variation of a vehicle in your garage will require an editor or mod.

Recent and untested progress on the gym glitch seems to indicate that the gym glitch will be present in one form or another if CJ ever exceeds the daily workout limit. The glitch will not be apparent until the next in-game year and there is no in-game method to check the calendar or status of the variables involved.

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062405492

This seems relevant to a master save discussion because I figured people would want their save to be free of glitches.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Aw, that sucks.
Is there a way to keep the date progress neutral (Not Lost, not Gained) with a girlfriend, and still acquire the girlfriends CP vehicle?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 18:37)
Aw, that sucks.
Is there a way to keep the date progress neutral (Not Lost, not Gained) with a girlfriend, and still acquire the girlfriends CP vehicle?

Not on a mastersave, hell not at any time but you can aquire one and still gain progress

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

That really sucks...
Speaking of Michelle's Monster, I managed to undrown it and I still have no luck keeping it in the impound!
Aircrafts over there are glued to Impounds, but not cars.
Even if I stare at it when I'm leaving, this really sucks!

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:37 PM Edited by fnxrak, 30 April 2013 - 12:58 AM.

Smaller vehicles tend to disapear it took me a while to figure out how I could keep them hell even helicopters and airplanes sometimes get replaced.
DAMN just found that my mastersave is glitched again. The gymn glitch
Hey orion I have a couple of saves some with glitch others without (meaning before the glitch occurs and before the glitch is made and of course when the glitch occurs) tell me something if you want them for testing I can post the link somewhere.
###edit###
From what I can see from the saves I have on my game it gave me the glitch between ingame day 204 and 225 I'm going to try to go forward with the game and figure out when it occurs exactly, it may give you a better clue on what is the glitch.
###edit###
By the way LOL232 you have to stare at the place where the vehicle is when you exit and also when you enter the impound to retrieve it.
###edit###
I didn't know this my impound just impounded me a destroyed vehicle mad.gif what the hell

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

I think I have a handle on how the gym glitch occurs. It can be in place long before it can be noticed in-game. If you post your most recent save we can test my theory about how to clear until next year. And yeah, I'd like to see the earlier saves as well, it would help with confirmation.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

Ok I will post them in topic you created.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ah, thanks, it works!
user posted image
I also managed to transport the Romero.
I won't transport the Ranger, yet, I'll save it for Driving skill.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Right, so, I'm going to bump this a bit.
I'm having trouble with Barbara.

Almost every time I enter San Fierro I see Barbara's progress Dropping, I wonder if there is a way to prevent that other than savefile editing?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Her progress is probably dropping due to a missed call. It's annoying that she's calling when CJ is in San Fierro, but that happens on occasion. You should be able to prevent the call if CJ is on a mission. Vigilante is probably the easiest to manage, but I forget what happens when CJ is in restricted territory. I know targets won't spawn unless he gets close enough to an unrestricted area. Otherwise, the mission might just hang in limbo waiting for a place to spawn the targets. There is also a call delay of 20 seconds or so after a mission or exiting an interior, so you should have time to re-trigger a mission or start a new one.

I'm not sure what happens when a mission is started after the call was missed. It might reset everything, or just delay the inevitable drop in progress. Or maybe the call was already missed

If you aren't trying to maintain 43% from the oyster boost you could let the progress drop until CJ gets dumped (or kill her) and then go meet her again for a fresh 15%.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Is there a way to permanently stop her phone calls?
Does she call in certain locations (Time, weather) or something?
I need to obtain The Hydra and the Rustler (And a Bandito and a Blooding Banger) to finish off everything in San Fierro.
I'll also collect the Dozer and the Dune in Las Venturas, that's about it.
Everything else is to be done in Los Santos (Respect, Driving Skill, Maxing out the cash), I'm literally 95% done with the Mastersave.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Killing Barbara, or letting her progress drop enough to get dumped, should stop her from calling again. I think the girlfriends might use the same last call timer as the mission calls, so setting that value to something really high with an editor will mess up the game flow, probably. You can always get back to 15% with Barbara, Katie, Michelle, and eventually Helena by re-meeting them. If you are trying to protect the 43% progress from the oyster boost then that really should have been left until last. Perhaps someone with a more recent mastersave can offer more practical solutions. I'm drawing a blank.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

I was at a certain point able to avoid her progress to go down (in my case up, oyster boost) by avoiding going to the locked areas and countryside during the day, from 5am until 5pm more or less but it could be just a coincidence.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

If a girlfriends progress depletes to zero, she can still call you; she'll just dump you over the phone with a rant instead of a date demand. Barbara (in this case) will say things such as: "You know hard it is for a divorcee to find a man, any man?", "You try bringing up two kids and holding a job down on your own", "You're going to jail Carl, do you hear me?" and so forth. I don't know what the distance range for acquiring calls is; I think it varies for each girlfriend. I wonder if the dating frequency postpones it.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by lol232, 06 May 2013 - 09:43 PM.

So, from 5 AM to 5 PM is when I should start rocking while I'm doing those tasks?
It's interesting how come Barbara is the only girlfriend that calls outside her own area (She calls every except for Los Santos)
I guess I should have kept that as the last thing, but no going back this time, I've done way too much to go back where I still haven't used the boost. (Stats, vehicles, Flying skill (Which was very tedious))

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely sure but everytime I went there during the day I would loose pregress and everytime I did it at night I wouldn't.
The oyster trick was one of the things that made me redo all over again but if it wasn't for the black vincent issue I wouldn't had done it.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Well, there aren't a lot of stuff left for me to do in SF and LV, just those vehicles, I don't wanna do it all over again just for that,
although, I still wanna keep the progress 43%.

So, what would be your choice if you were in my shoes, luck, or "f*ck the girlfriends progress" or Redo?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I was going for the "f*ck the girlfriends progress" that would had been my choice if I didn't get the glitch
Redoing is a b*tch suicidal.gif

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

What the hell, I'll take the odds when collecting.
I'll save the Rustler and Hydra for last, so I'll first get all the other vehicles, and then those planes and I'll finish it in LS.
May the force be with me, please don't let the progress drop!

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

A bit of but but anyway:

Okay, I just noticed when I almost got the Dozer (made him driveable underwater):
Barbara usually calls me on 22:10, is there a time where she doesn't call you?

So far I got the Bandito, Quad and a Rustler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users