285 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

There's a trick I found useful for getting the Berkley to spawn randomly in traffic. If CJ looks directly across traffic and doesn't attempt to look up and down the road then vehicles can spawn and unspawn quicker. This tends to lead to more variety so there's a better chance the vehicle you want will appear.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 07:15)
There's a trick I found useful for getting the Berkley to spawn randomly in traffic. If CJ looks directly across traffic and doesn't attempt to look up and down the road then vehicles can spawn and unspawn quicker. This tends to lead to more variety so there's a better chance the vehicle you want will appear.

That's exactly what I meant smile.gif

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

What if I look left or right?
I mean, all I did was just stood there without moving.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

I gotta make this more alive...

...I still didn't get the Berkley, damn.

I tried getting the Rustler, I even found a method how to jump off with keeping the plane MINT.
Well, it looses a bit of health from the fall, but all the vehicles do too, I'm referring to the wings, rudders, et cetera, they're untouched.
The problem is, Police Mavericks shoot me a lot and I need the Dark Blue Rustler, so I'm just driving around the airport until that colour spawns.
Another problem is, The goddamned Train tracks, I rarely make it through that part.
No matter how much I try to ignore them, and the last thing is, I hate it when I'm about to put it in the garage, it gets untowed before I put it in, and it explodes.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

About the berkley I haven't found yet either (although I only tried for an hour more or less)
The problem with the police choppers you can avoid them by reloading your game after they show up the first time.
For the train tracks you have to avoid them as much as you can, don't worry, the plane fits on most of the narrow spots until the train station. See my video i've actually had more luck towing it relatively fast than in a slow way trying not to hit anything. The real tricky part is making that jump off the airport.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Images which has been posted by roggan don't work for me, but I found Berkley's rc van 2 times around the airport area in Los Santos. Here is my topic about Berkley's rc van there is also location where I found 2 Berkley's vans at the same time. But firstly I found it not so far away from Airport gate.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by OrionSR, 07 April 2013 - 01:26 PM.

QUOTE (roggan @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 16:17)
For weapons with a clip and reload animation I prefer not to have so much ammo that the clip count disappears (>9999).

The same.
I ran up CJ's respect and weapon skills against the cops that spawn inside of the hangar at the SF navy base where helicopters and cop cars are not a problem and it's easy to stash a getaway bike to use when armor and health get too low. CJ managed to collect an awful lot of pistol ammo before I had the stats I wanted.

As for me, I maximized the respect by killing cops near the hotel where the mission 'Reuniting of the Families' proceeds. Very simple: kill all the cops, get inside, drink a sprunk, exit the building, kill all the spawned cops, repeat.

I found some old notes on padding respect and weapon skill at the SF Navy Bunker. What I didn't consider at the time was what a valuable experience this was. I learned a lot about footcop behavior, range, and reload timing, how to preserve CJs armor and health in an open gunfight, and how to use all of the weapons more effectively. It was also a lot of fun and one of the most memorable game battles I've ever had. So before the method gets replaced completely by safer and easier methods, I'll offer it up as a master save challenge; I think you'll enjoy it.

I was looking for an indoor area where CJ had access to armor or food and was safe from helicopters or cops with uzis. The police stations worked fairly well, but the complex geometry of the stations made it difficult to control the spawn rate, or escape to safety when needed. I finally ended up inside of the bunkered docks at the Naval Station in San Fierro.

Since SF is still restricted, the wanted level can't go above 4 stars, so the bunker at the navy base isn't any more dangerous than anywhere else. Vehicles don't spawn there, so I don't need to worry about swat cops or cops with shotguns. It's covered, so the helicopters aren't a threat. There isn't any armor or food available, but it's outdoors, so CJ can ride in and out when needed and choose where to get health or armor as needed.

I show up on bike and park it in one of the a alcoves deep inside the bunker, then try to get away from it quickly so the tires don't get shot. The cops don't usually spawn until CJ gets off the bike. If the bike does get a flat, then grab the boat parked inside one of the bays, and drive to the dry dock with the NRG-500 Challenge to get another bike.

The foot cops spawn at a reasonable rate, and usually out of sight in the next room. Running between the bays allows some control of the spawn rate, and offers a little protection. But otherwise the bay is fairly open, and the cops can often be picked off long before they are in range to shoot back.

My goal was to work on Respect while maxing CJ's weapon skills, but I ended up maxing Respect before I completed all of the weapons. The SMG skill was previously maxed during the vigilante mission, so I brought a Desert Eagle, Micro-SMG, Sawn-Off Shotgun, and an M4 - all with plenty of ammo. A regular shotgun spawns just south of the navy base, but I had to make an extra trip to Los Venturas to get the Combat shotgun. I should have brought an AK-47 to SF, since an M4 spawns in the north part of town, but I was able to get hold of an AK-47 anyway by running over members of Woozie's gang (Least Favorite Gang - Cloud Mountain Triad). I made it about half way through the 9mm pistol skill before Respect maxed out at 100%. I never touched the silenced pistol.

Ending Stats: (starting at or near 0)

Total Respect: 100%

SMG (during Vigilante): 0 to Hitman - ~2000 rounds
Desert Eagle: 0 to Hitman - 350 rounds
Shotgun, Sawn-off, Combat Shotgun: 0 to Hitman - 675 rounds (~225 each)
Machine Pistol: 0 to Hitman - 4000 rounds
AK-47, M4: Hitman - 1500 rounds (~750 each)
Pistol: Gangster (58%) - can't tell; cops keep dropping more ammo

Bullets fired: ~7500
Bullets that Hit: ~7400

Note: Finish up with a shotgun instead of a pistol so pellet hits out number shots fired. Also, drive-by shots can count as hits but not shots fired. These methods can be used to maintain accuracy at 100%.

Total Legitimate Kills: 83 (78 in vigilante) to 1748

Playing time: ~3:25 - Includes travel to SF, LV, and back to save in LS.

^Originally posted at: http://www.gtplanet....593#post2473593

BTW, the old respect trick was to hide in a pay'n'spray where cops can't see CJ. CJ often needs to leave the garage to get more cops to spawn, and sometimes when the junk piles up the cops stop spawning very often. So it had some limitations, but it's still a cool trick; I'm not sure if anyone uses it anymore.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by fnxrak, 12 April 2013 - 01:33 AM.

Already edited the front page. This last time I didn't use this tecnique because it takes too damn time and it's just too damn hard not to miss any bullets this way, sometimes you even shoot through ballas or pedestrians and it doesn't hit them, it's too annoying, but if you go to Glen Park for example you can shoot through enemy gangs and it will also increase the max respect level. Another good place to do this is on top of the houses next to the Santa Maria Beach safehouse and start shooting cops and choppers, just keep a bike in the garage to loose the wanted level and to recharge your energy and ammo. For just the Max respect I usually go to LV in the construction site where the minigun is then I blow up police choppers with RPG and blow up upcoming police and swat vehicles with satchel charges, I usually keep a bike near by to escape and refill the energy bar and armor from time to time, altough most of the times I have to get a new one because the damn choppers usually blowup near the one I keep or it just vanishes after sometime.
I will give it a try to this method after I finish this mastersave just for the kicks though biggrin.gif tounge.gif colgate.gif
###edit###
Damn that phoenix it just doesn't want to show up mad.gif sneaky2.gif
###another edit###
Just found something... "DIFFERENT!"
It's more like a glitch that affects your look not the stats.
I was messing around with the replay trying to find a way to "force" the phoenix to show so I had an alternative savegame I had where I got the phoenix right at the beginning so CJ was very skinny and also my normal save where CJ is all pumped out full muscle and some fat. Using the phoenix save I made a preview file of me getting the phoenix from a garage a driving it around, no glitch there then I played the normal save and previewed the file the replay is already at full muscle, nothing odd there, after that I reloaded the phoenix save again and CJ's look was at full muscle but the stats shows as no muscle at all.
PICTURE
Unfortunatelly I had no luck getting the phoenix this way.
###WEEEEEEEEEEdit#####
After thousands of tryes, hundreds of Hotknifes, dozens of Euros, a few Hustlers, three Bullets and one Turismo I got the Phoenix. tounge2.gif
Almost done now and I have to say this is the hardest task of all, and it only depends on luck

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hi sorry for double posting but I want to ask a question that requires a certain quick reply is there any place in Los Santos or Country where the quad bike shows or only in the locked areas at the beginning of course?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Would a map help:
Map Thanks to:
QUOTE ( © Jennifer “tia” Lynn (gamerlady))
—Note: Some Vehicles may be Mission sensitive: Vehicles Map

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Thanks but the problem is that I have look for the quad bike where the map shows in the blueberry farm and I can't find it, maybe it's like the hotdog only spwans in the PS2 version?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

SAM Java Map

This map is probably more accurate. Select Vehicles and filter for "Quad". The problem with the quadbike is there aren't any scripted spawns; all spawn points are streamed in from data archives. And PC and PS2 have much different streamed files, many vehicles are missing on PC. And I've never seen a map that labelled the PS2 only vehicles properly. But it looks like you only need to look in two spots. Look several times, I wouldn't expect them to spawn every time. I don't remember seeing one, or noticed anyone else looking. Perhaps you've got a new and challenging collection; I'll bet the quads don't sink.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:39 AM Edited by fnxrak, 14 April 2013 - 01:25 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 02:17)
SAM Java Map

This map is probably more accurate. Select Vehicles and filter for "Quad". The problem with the quadbike is there aren't any scripted spawns; all spawn points are streamed in from data archives. And PC and PS2 have much different streamed files, many vehicles are missing on PC. And I've never seen a map that labelled the PS2 only vehicles properly. But it looks like you only need to look in two spots. Look several times, I wouldn't expect them to spawn every time. I don't remember seeing one, or noticed anyone else looking. Perhaps you've got a new and challenging collection; I'll bet the quads don't sink.

Thanks and yes I don't think they'll sink either but maybe I can make a jump with it somewhere. I'm gona check it on both PC and PS3
###edit###
It does show in the PS2/3 version on the farm in blueberry but not on the PC version and yes they are sinkable but to undrown them instead of doing it on Santa Maria Beach I did it next to the highway in Los Santos airport.
###edit###
Found another thing that I didn't know: bloodring gives you an SMG I found this because I had Uzi over 9999 bullets and when I finished the mission I had no bullets or better I had no drive-by weapon.
Now if you start the mission with the SMG instead of the Uzi you get to keep your previous ammo so in my case I kept the bullets over 9999.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

Ah, Getting that Phoenix was hell!
I got it when I enraged (because of so much attempts to get the phoenix) and just started doing vigilantes, funny thing is, the first vehicle was Phoenix, LOL. lol.gif
Another thing, I'm having troubles unloading the Rustler, god, whenever I am so close, I usually touch it by the garages wall and the plane blows up.

Also, this give me an Idea, I'll also get a Quad bike EP/FP. tounge.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 04:39)
###edit###
Found another thing that I didn't know: bloodring gives you an SMG I found this because I had Uzi over 9999 bullets and when I finished the mission I had no bullets or better I had no drive-by weapon.
Now if you start the mission with the SMG instead of the Uzi you get to keep your previous ammo so in my case I kept the bullets over 9999.

Yeah, I consider Bloodbowl a useful way to get rid of too much uzi ammo. Technically, CJ still has a drive-by weapon but there is no ammo so it can't be selected. The only way to tell is that either the micro-smg or tec-9 will require an extra button press to pick up.

The other usually-available mission that can steal all your ammo is the ammu-nation challenge if CJ has the regular shotgun in inventory.

I've never found a way to get rid of too much assault ammo other than firing away the rounds.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by fnxrak, 16 April 2013 - 02:36 AM.

So I have gathered most of the vehicles I wanted for the master save but I still have room for 1 more.
This is the list I have until now:
Ganton House - FP Patriot, Sandking, the first Bmx and a Slamvan (my favourite Lowrider)
Mulholland (on top) - Seasparrow, Turismo, Bloodring Banger
Santa Maria Beach - Dozer, Quad, Bullet, Bandito
El Corona - SF Firetruck (laddertruck), Hustler, Euros, Berkeley's Van
Doherty - Phoenix, Hotknife, Barracks, Dune
LSPD impound - Police Maverick, San News Chopper, Raindance
SFPD impound - Leviathan, Rustler, Hydra
LVPD Impound - FI Police Ranger, FI Romero, FI Monster
Now I still can store a vehicle on the mulholland garage but I can't make off my mind on this three vehicles: Pizzaboy, Mr Woopee or the glitch NRG500
Any requests??? smile.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

The Engineless NRG has always been one of my favorites.

On PC, Hotdog vans and the trailer for a tractor only spawn in restricted areas early in the game.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:03 AM Edited by fnxrak, 16 April 2013 - 11:27 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 09:59)
The Engineless NRG has always been one of my favorites.

On PC, Hotdog vans and the trailer for a tractor only spawn in restricted areas early in the game.

Have you been able to store the hotdog anywhere???
Because I haven't it doesn't fit the garage and impound doors.
###edit###
Another question how do you loose Michelle's progress without dating?
I have been cruising around san fierro and lost progres with Katie and even with Barbara in certain zones but didn't loose with michelle.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 23 April 2013 - 06:33 PM.

3.3.5 - Vehicles that won't fit
These next vehicles won't fit in any garage or impound available at this moment, some of them can be stored on some impounds but then you won't be able to remove them from there, thus making them also unusable at this point.
3.3.5.1 - AT400
3.3.5.2 - Cargobob
3.3.5.3 - Hot dog
3.3.5.4 - Beagle
3.3.5.5 - Nevada

I shall point out the Cargobob is obtainable and saveable during the early stages of the game. However, it's more a hassle than it's worth. My acquisition method was activating the "Reuniting The Families" mission (because during wanted levels are disabled), going to Area 69, climbing into the base using a large vehicle as a stool, stealing the Cargobob and flying it back to the El Corona or Johnson safe houses (because they have the largest garages available at this time). Next, destroying it, thus shrinking it a little, then pushing it into the garage which then closes & repairs the helicopter. The only way I was able to get it out was with a tow truck.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:34 PM Edited by fnxrak, 23 April 2013 - 08:39 PM.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 18:30)
I shall point out the Cargobob is obtainable and saveable during the early stages of the game. However, it's more a hassle than it's worth. My acquisition method was activating the "Reuniting The Families" mission (because during wanted levels are disabled), going to Area 69, climbing into the base using a large vehicle as a stool, stealing the Cargobob and flying it back to the El Corona or Johnson safe houses (because they have the largest garages available at this time). Next, destroying it, thus shrinking it a little, then pushing it into the garage which then closes & repairs the helicopter. The only way I was able to get it out was with a tow truck.

Nice, I will give it a try later and since I was able to get it without wanted levels exploit before, it is obtainable in a mastersave. I had never tried to put it on those garage only tried the impounds. Nice finding.
By the way you don't need to climb to the base you can enter it by the small fence on the southeast side of the base, that fence it is destructable. The biggest problem is destroying the sam sites before using the chopper.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

I forgot to mention you don't need to fit the entire helicopter in the garage, just fit the main portion (cockpit, engine, landing skid) in and the garage will close. Don't worry about the tail-end though. Be warned this takes time and careful, steady precision. To push it, crouching is best.

I never noticed that destructible fence, so thanks for pointing it out. Thanks to that fence, a tow truck can be brought in the base to tow the helicopter out. This can be handy because the SAM sites don't respond to vehicles, they only respond to airborne jet-packs, helicopters & airplanes.
I don't think the SAM sites are much of a concern, because it takes 3 missiles to destroy the Cargobob and you can get out of detection range before the third hit.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Actually they are not, the only thing you have to worry are the actual hydras attacking you. You can destroy the SAM sites with any exploding device. I meantioned them because of that, it's better to destroy them first

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

My strategy for the desert SAM sites was to place satchel charges on each of the launchers and detonating them all at once before getting in the Cargobob. IIRC, if they are blown up one at a time then the first couple would likely respawn before CJ could make his getaway.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Orion is Correct.
Although, I never really find them a threat, except the one on the North near the hangars. I just destroy that one and fly away.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

3.3.4 - Unobtainable Vehicles
Vehicles that have no spawning or parking spot at this time in game, some even just show on a few missions one doesn't show at all (FBI Truck)

I shall point out the following: The FBI Truck doesn't appear at all unless you use PS2 cheat device codes or PC mods. On another note: The firetruck model Tenpenny drives occasionally spawns at the fire department adjacent to the Doherty garage. However, it doesn't spawn there at all in the beginning, so you have another vehicle that fits that list.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by OrionSR, 25 April 2013 - 02:03 AM.

The ladder truck always spawns at the SF fire station, but in a standard game the spawn point is too close to the other firetruck so only one or the other will spawn. Approaching from the south or north will often allow the other version to spawn, like approaching from east or west will spawn the hunter or leviathan at the airstrip.

If you want to add something to the unobtainable list then consider the RC Cam, a drivable flowerpot that is unobtainable without cheat codes or mods. PS2v1 players will want to use the "remove car doors" cheat or the game will crash when CJ tries to enter the RC Cam.

I guess most of the other RC vehicles might also qualify for the unobtainable list, even if they can't be driven.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

The spawning of the laddertruck is like the hunter and leviathan at verdant meadows it will spawn one or the other depending from where you aprouch from. I have almost always had it show up when I aprouch from the doherty garage. So it is obtainable even at the beginning.
But OrionSR is right about the RC vehicles they too are unobtainable at this point.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

I wouldn't have known of the leviathan VS the Hunter spawning at the airstrip because I failed to acquire all Gold in pilot school, thus the leviathan was the only helicopter (besides the garaged ones) occupying the vicinity. As for the firetruck, I approached from the driving school. Could having a fresh save or a restart save influence these outcomes too?

As we know, the Andromada appears in Stowaway and A Home In The Hills, but there is no spawn zone without cheat device codes (PS2) or mods (PC), so we can probably say this is unobtainable.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by OrionSR, 26 April 2013 - 12:44 AM.

There are no vehicles placed by text IPL files, so Fresh Start (no save loaded) vs Restart save (new game after loading another save) does not change which vehicles spawn. Restart saves will be missing a sniper rifle by the SF Cropduster, and extinguishers in fast food joints (there's also a failed IPL pickup near the Flint Monster, but weapon number 2 doesn't exist - I'm not sure what they had in mind. Besides the missing pickups, and possibly the girlfriend bonus glitch, fresh start vs restart is mostly a concern for AR-Max style memory codes. The missing pickups at the beginning of the pool mean that the existing pickups will be found at a different address. But this doesn't matter as much as I thought it did for vehicles. The important factor for their memory locations seems to be whether or not CJ was outside when the new game is started, but even then I get inconsistent results.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by lol232, 26 April 2013 - 06:22 PM.

One thing I've been always wondering - is it possible to make the Hunter and the Leviathan spawn simultaneously in Abandoned Airfield?

EDIT: Is it possible to change vehicle Extras?
I.E. Changing the Pony's logo, Changing if Michelle's Monster truck has Lights on the roof, et cetera, like in VC and III?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users