Mastersave Discussion

285 replies to this topic
lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Now, is there a specific tool to change the Global variable without that Japanese Save Editor?
Can you tell me exactly when the change it and how, should I change it after acquiring the Fancy Vincent or before?
So, I just set Global variable $1411 to 0?
Also, I don't really trust CLEO for a few particular reasons, I just don't want it in my game.

Anyway, another question I'd like to ask, is there a quicker way of getting the Driving Skill 100%?
This driving around got incredibly boring.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by fnxrak, 09 March 2013 - 09:19 PM.

Although many people say that the best way to do so is going into an airport I myself prefer doing the drivng skill on the highway, it's boring but not as much specially if you use a girlfrineds imune vehicle for this, just try not to turn the vehicle upside down and also like this you will understand a little bit more on how the traffic on highways will operate, you can even realise wich cars are going to change lane and sometimes that are gonna turn, (they tend to oscilate a little before they change lanes). Another good car to do this is the bravura, it has a bit more than normal speed and specially a good handling.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Before trying to max out the skill, collect the vigilante vehicles first imo. I use east beach in LS and cruise up and down that, it seems that whenever I start vigilante there the criminals usually spawn on the beach. I boost it towards them and then check them out, if its not the ride I want I cancel the mission, restart it, and just boost back to where they are. I usually get a load of driving skill from doing this.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:22 PM Edited by fnxrak, 09 March 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Yeah also use more cars than motorcicles after getting the bike skill, if you leave the driving skills for last you will have a less driving to do in a row. Do all the odd jobs that involve driving a car and also try to get as many possible special vehciels with the tow truck, driving around SF and LV in cars and things like that will also boost your driving skill.
One thing though the driving skill the last time it would always improve everytime I drove, but the flying skill for some reason doesn't work the same way I could only improve skill when I flew a certain miles in a row, I notice this because a tend to fly a lot in San Andreas with the shamal or with Seasparrow and I had an Ace rank but yeat no flying skill. Is this normal????

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Thanks Jack, I'll try that,
Also, fnxrak, I was in fact doing that but It got so boring I stopped.
I guess Barbara's Ranger is quite fast. But it's still very f*cking boring.
I got all Girlfriends cars to El Corona, I used the Sea Bed glitch to get Katie's Romero and Barbara's Ranger, and I used your Duneride trick to get Michelle's Monster.

And yes, all that's left for me are Driving Skills now.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

If you think that's boring try to get the "KOSA" rank then do the driving skill, it will feel like a real breaze. LOLOLOL

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 22:35)
If you think that's boring try to get the "KOSA" rank then do the driving skill, it will feel like a real breaze. LOLOLOL

Actually no, Dodging Hydra's and shooting off planes seems more fun than the monotone driving around.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 21:38)

Actually no, Dodging Hydra's and shooting off planes seems more fun than the monotone driving around.

It's not about the task it self it's about the time it will consume you. I did like 5 to 10 times a day of shooting planes helicopters for 15-20 minutes each time, took me 2 months and only got around 300k + the money 200k. It's a real b*tch.
One good thing though you learn to fly really good

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 22:45)
QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 21:38)

It's not about the task it self it's about the time it will consume you. I did like 5 to 10 times a day of shooting planes helicopters for 15-20 minutes each time, took me 2 months and only got around 300k + the money 200k. It's a real b*tch.
One good thing though you learn to fly really good

How about using Hydra?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

You think that would be easier wouldn't you
You can always just shoot random vehicles with hydra but in most cases you will hit someone on foot and eventually will get a high wanted level, the problem is where to store the hydra I have been unable to do so in Los Santos, so everytime you have to go pick it up on San Fierro and at the end you will always have to take it back there if you try to shoot the airplanes in Los Santos Airport it will take you forever at least 2 to 3 times longer than doing this in the San Fierro airport. Now try and fly the hydra with wind and rain, it's a real pain.
Besides this there is always a change that you don't store correctely the hydra and it vanishes from the impound (storing in the impounds it's really not that safe even doing it right might not be enough) making you to have to go back to a previous save. It's like I say I really prefer the manouverability of Seasparrow than of the Hydra.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

You can just fly from Los Santos to San Fierro to kick hell no?
I don't think Wind or Rain will actually affect much...

Anyway, can you tell me a safe way to obtain a Hydra? I'd like to have it in Doherty garage since it's safer. Of course, I'll take it to Impound first, then I'd like to save the game, and THEN I'll go kicking hell into the Doherty Garage. I hope it Fits with my Hotknife.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by fnxrak, 09 March 2013 - 10:45 PM.

That's the problem the Los Santos Impound won't store the hydra it will always store it in a vertical position making it blowing up.
(Check the care and feeding topic page 3 to see pomor rustler on LS impound)
And yes it might be possible to store it in doherty but even if you store it there how will you take it out of garage everytime you want to use it believe me you will certainly damage the hydra trying to do so and even more with cops on your tail, then again the manouverability of the hydra on vertical jets it's very slow and in horizontal jets you will take forever to blow up these airplanes and flying over certain spots will make hydras chase you much more times than with the seasparrow. Believe me it's a very nice adition to someones collection but the hydra is far from being the best fighting aircraft in San Andreas.
If you want to try store a tow truck in doherty then pick up the hydra from the impound fly it to beneath the train station in front of doherty garage then pick up the tow truck and tow the hydra to the garage.that would be how I would try it, but i can't tell you if it works or not.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 12:48)
Now, is there a specific tool to change the Global variable without that Japanese Save Editor?
Can you tell me exactly when the change it and how, should I change it after acquiring the Fancy Vincent or before?
So, I just set Global variable $1411 to 0?
Also, I don't really trust CLEO for a few particular reasons, I just don't want it in my game.

I have found CLEO to be very reliable, even with wholesale edits to most of the save structures. I've never had a problem with it that wasn't caused by bad coding -- if I tell it to do something stupid it will reliably cause the specified damage. It's pretty easy to disable CLEO so it will only run when you want it to.

Exact changes, huh?

To calculate the location of a global variable in all PC versions:

$variablenumber * 4 (bytes per variable) + 326 (offset to start of global variable space) = offset of the global variable, so...

$1411 * 4 + 326 = 5970

Download and install the HxD Hex Editor from: http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Open your save and Goto (Ctrl-G) 5970. Check the dec option before entering the offset (relative to the beginning). You should end up at the 3rd byte in a line that looks similar to this:
CODE
00001750  00 00 01 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00  ................
Change that 01 to a 00.

If any edits are made to the save then the checksum value at the end of the save will need to be adjusted or SA will think the save is corrupt. Scroll to the end of the save and you'll find a line that looks similar to this:
CODE
000317F0  FF FF 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 37 C8 28 01  .7(.
37 C8 28 01 is the checksum, the sum of all of the bits in the save. The number is in hex and encoded backwards: 37 C8 28 01 = 0x0128C837 (0x identifies this as a hexadecimal number). Fortunately this is an easy edit since only one bit was changed. Simply subtract 1 from the least significant digit; in this case, change 37 to 36. If you are unsure of your skills of subtracting in hex then use the Windows Calculator in Scientific/Programmer mode.

If you are making lots of changes to a save it is easier to recalculate the check-sum than account for each byte changed.

Checksum-32: 0128C836

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

So, all I do is change
CODE
00001750  00 00 01 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00  ................

into
CODE
00001750  00 00 00 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00  ................

And change
CODE
000317F0  FF FF 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 37 C8 28 01  .7(.

into
CODE
000317F0  FF FF 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 36 C8 28 01  .7(.

Or can the "FF FF 00 FF FF ........ 37 C8 28 01" be random?

Also, is it after Acquiring the Vincent or before?

Anyway, fnxrak, I'm pretty sure a Hydra can fit well if the Rustler can.
Will the Hydra fit with the Tow Truck and the Hotknife?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by OrionSR, 10 March 2013 - 12:59 AM.

The first edit looks correct. I'm not sure if you'll get that 06 or 01 later in that line but it shouldn't matter.

The FFs and 00s in the beginning of the line at offset 000317F0 (end of the file) isn't exactly random but it is unused data. You are only interested in the last 4 bytes. These will not be random, they are calculated, but your's will likely be different. You might get something unfortunate as the least significant byte (4th from the end). Perhaps A0: take away one and you get 9F.

You need to edit this variable after answering the 2nd debt call that the goons are on the way. Once it's changed the fix is good for the rest of the game.

We need to end this discussion; it's not healthy for this topic.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by fnxrak, 10 March 2013 - 12:43 AM.

Hey I don't think it will fit with the hotknife but it will definetly not fit with both hotnife and tow truck, watch the video on the rustler to see how to back it up with tow truck. But the problem is not fitting it does fit I once stored a hydra there it took me a lot of tries but it did store it, the problem is taking it out, you might be able to do so an a "easy" way with another tow truck but doing that all the time you want to use, takes just too much time and it's not failure proof, imagine doing that like 100 times with sucess and even like that you would have to spend at least 1 hour blowing up planes and helicopter and even so I really don't think is enough.
Man just try it even if you have to use cheats to store the plane then save and try to take it out from the garage with the police after you and blowup planes and helicopters, you will see what I mean and how much time it would take you to reach "KOSA" even with 200k plus from the money.
Orion is wright it's not good we are going in the fourth page just in 3 days of discussion. Dude don't just ask how to do it, try somethings on your own. It's by making some mistakes that we learn how to avoid them. I'm not saying that I won't help you or anybody else on something that I know, if so I wouldn't made this topic, but it is the second time we have a long discussion on the use of the Hydra.
---Edit---
Even better let's take the hydra issues to the getting the hydra early topic.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Okay Orion, I'll ask you in PM from now on.

Anyway, the real reason is, I do not find Impounds trustworthy so I will use the Doherty Garage instead.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Il just add that I too didnt trust impounds because I couldnt get cars to spawn, but I have never had problems with getting aircraft to spawn regardless of how I enter or exit the impounds, I really wouldnt worry at all about the hydra. Test it out with aircraft in the LS impound, you will see just how reliable they are.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 21:35)

There is a way to obtain KOSA very fast. You have to find a place where police\news mavericks can fall into the water (the docks in LS where ends the sewer tonnel are great choice) get some high police attention, shoot down into the water two or more mavericks, then press F1 a lot. These mavericks in the water are getting destroyed every time you press F1 and this goes to your stats. With that method obtaining KOSA is a matter of a few days (by Квашец)

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:35 AM Edited by lol232, 10 March 2013 - 01:20 PM.

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 03:23)
QUOTE (fnxrak @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 21:35)

There is a way to obtain KOSA very fast. You have to find a place where police\news mavericks can fall into the water (the docks in LS where ends the sewer tonnel are great choice) get some high police attention, shoot down into the water two or more mavericks, then press F1 a lot. These mavericks in the water are getting destroyed every time you press F1 and this goes to your stats. With that method obtaining KOSA is a matter of a few days (by Квашец)

Спасибо for this method! I'm definitely gonna use it.

EDIT: I'd like to say this doesn't work, I shot down a Police Maverick in water and I spammed F1. My CR is still the same. confused.gif

EDIT: I found something

QUOTE (Квашец)
Привет всем!
Вчера ЧИСТО СЛУЧАЙНО изобрёл способ быстрого повышения рейтинга.
В принципе, глазами тут прошёлся, вроде никто не описывал такой способ.
Итак, повествую.

У самого было 325000 рейтинга, заработанного кровью и потом - залезал на самое высокое здание Лос-Сантоса и стрелял из пулемёта по вертушкам (100% прохождение и бесконечные патроны).
В основном стрелял периодами по 150 вертушек за раз (4500 в рейтинг).

Но случайно нажал кнопку повтора (когда появляется ролик того, что СиДжей делал в последние секунд 10-20, по умолчанию это кнопка F1). И показывает, как СиДжей мочит вертолёты. После этого я залез в итоги - и вижу, что рейтинг существенно вырос.

Чтобы убедиться окончательно в этом, я поехал сохранился в дом СиДжея, после чего вышел, взорвад Гидру на крыше доама Свита, расстрелял приехавшего на 2 звезды копа, оседлал его мото, обрёл 3 звезды, и поехал по канаве на юг, в сторону доков мимо дома СиДжея возле магазина Эммета.

там я залез под мост, в туннель, из которого можно выйти в море, расстрелял приехавший ко мне полицейский катер, залез на его обломки и стал ждать вертушек.
Прилетели: полицейский вертолёт и верт новостей Сан-Андреас. Кстати, даже если у вас будет 6 звезд розыска, во время описанной мною процедуры будут всегда прилетать именно эти 2 вертолета.

Расстреливаем вертолеты. Падая в воду, они нас не задевают, а даже если бы и хотели - катер, на котором мы стоим, и так уже уничтожен. Полицейские суицидально топятся в море, военные машины совершают то же самое. Как только мы замочили 2 вертолета, начинаем нажимать кнопку повтора (F1). Делаем это с интервалом в одну секунду (чтобы быстрее было): F1 (повтор) - F1 (реал. режим) - F1 (повтор) - F1 (реал. режим) - F1 (повтор) - F1 (реал. режим)... Нам будет в повторе демонстрироваться как СиДжей валит вертушки, а в рейтинг, вместо 60 баллов за 2 вертолета, добавляется таким способом оч много. В принципе, бесконечно много, но я за 2 вертушки набирал около 12000. Согласитесь, за пару минут времени это эффективней, чем замочить 12000/30=400 вертолётов за 2-3 часа.
Кстати, в статистику при этом также добавляется количество уничтоженных вами самолётов и вертолётов.
Таким образом, за день вчерашний заработал 425000 рейтинга.

Now, this doesn't help much, it's the same thing you said.
I don't get any score for Spamming F1.
Can you help me with that? Does it have something to do with my version?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

That trick might work but only if the helicopters don't fall into the water, even when i'm blowing helicopter in San Fierro the ones that fall into the water don't count to the stats it's like boats, but sometimes I got a police maverick stuck in the carrier antenas and it blewup a few times but I don't know if that counts in the stats though.
Check out this topic KOSA - King of San Andreas

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Here I made a video on this method

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 14:15)

Here I made a video on this method

I'll try that - thanks!

So, I can put as much as helicopters I can in the water?
That would speed up the process, Like, getting 10 Copter's it water would get me 300 CR per Replay.

I'll get 400k Today, and 400k Tomorrow.
And it leaves me all down to 200k Which I'll get through Cash.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 13:33)
So, I can put as much as helicopters I can in the water?
That would speed up the process, Like, getting 10 Copter's it water would get me 300 CR per Replay.

I guess yes. I did not test this method a lot yet.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Cool I'm definetely gonna try it.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Weirdly enough, I'm having problems, I CAN'T GET 'COPTERS TO SHOW UP! panic.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

If you reload the game after chooper show up in the previous load they tend to not show up. Try to start the game again and avoid staying bellow ant struture. (I don't mean new game, just close san andreas and relaunch it again) biggrin.gif
It did work for me

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for sharing that method with us roggan, now KoSA is doable for me. biggrin.gif

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

I already got 109k in 15 minutes.
I shot down 20 'Copters, so that's 600 CR Points a Replay!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'm wondering if a particularly good replay file can be shared.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users