Mastersave Discussion

289 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by OrionSR, 08 March 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Okay, thanks for the information. I've run into similar problems before. An old version of the HC mod tried to unlock the other islands early, but this stopped the calls from the Cesar mission so the storyline would stop (also, no calls from CRASH, Hernandez(?), and Sweet opening the gyms). I found a way to fix this problem with CLEO.

Which reminds me: not everyone is so picky about how their master save is created. Some may choose to avoid restricted areas, to use cheats, or mods and editors if they run into a glitch. Still, I feel the term "Master Save" is appropriate because everyone knows pretty much what we are talking about - all the side activities that you want to do before completing the first story mission. IMO, as long as the save name remains as In the Beginning doesn't include a story mission then it's still a master save.

Suggestion: an Elite Master Save must include all missions that contribute towards 13.37% completion due to the association between 1337, leet, and Elite.

My quick start for a new game is a weapon/ammo/armor run Video followed by Burglary to unlock infinite sprint and earn enough to buy El Corona (my favorite road for Burglary btw, got over 56k in one night back in the day). Notice that the video ends at about 18:00, just the right time to get into position with the Boxville.

3.3.4.03 - Dozer, IIRC, the Dozer at the LV mini-gun construction site is a streaming vehicle and always available.

Taxi Glitch: I don't want the taxi glitch on any of my saves so it doesn't really matter if I do them early or not.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:12 PM Edited by fnxrak, 08 March 2013 - 09:15 PM.

Hey you're right about the dozer I even used it before, damn wikipedia LOLOLOL
One question though You say as long as it remains with same name, in the beginning, well just one question when I do certain side-missions like for example bmx I loose the name In the beginning, does that mean it's not a mastersave anymore????
About the taxi glitch it's more for who wants to get 100% at the end I mean. This last time I did avoid flying overboard so there should be no problem, but there a tool to fix this anyway.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:15 PM Edited by roggan, 08 March 2013 - 09:20 PM.

QUOTE (0909090 @ Friday, Mar 8 2013, 17:30)
I don't see any connection between these 2 things, you could please explain it a bit more? How it exactly "prevents" you from doing Badlands missions. Also could you give me the link to that guide, thanks. smile.gif

Yeah, and who would ever expect that if you did not listen to one of Catalina's prank-calls there will be no bonus Vagos territories to take then in LS (these territories lay near the airport and you get them back with Cesar in the end of the storyline) smile.gif It's very hard to explain, especially with my English, so I just leave here this savefile.
http://rghost.ru/44369783
(press the black "Скачать" button to download)
If you wait a little after the loading and listen to Catalina's call (or at least answer and then skip it) then Vagos territories will spawn near the airpot and and you will be immediately awarded with higher count of territories in the stats (17 Vagos territories instead of 13). If you run to the final Catalina robbery mission quickly then number of Vagos territories will remain at 13. So it's another example of phone-calls glitches in the game.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

oops, forgot about that. Um... how about, "if the save name doesn't include a story mission" instead?

It's a player's choice between the Black Perennial and the "Grove Street, Home" audio. I feel the definition should include the option, so I substituted completing for starting.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

CLEO? Is there a way to fix this with Editing the Savefile?

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Friday, Mar 8 2013, 20:20)

Go to this link:
http://www.gta.ru/fo...andreas/695422/

Click "FAQ, часть 1 [показать]" (It means, FAQ, Part 1 [Show the Spoiler]), then click on it "Баги [показать]" (It means Bugs [Show the Spoiler]),
And look at:
"12. В начале игры не рекомендуется сохранять тёмно-синий "Винцент" (например, чтобы поставить на него EP/FP или EP), так как после миссии "Прерии" (Badlands) Цезарь не позвинит и проити сюжет дальше будет невозможно."

That means we should not get the dark-grey "Vincent" in the beginning (for example, to make it EP/FP or EP in Gray Imports), because in Badlands (mission) Caesar won't call and the story won't be continued.

Let me correct you a bit. Here is the latest version of our FAQ: http://www.gta.ru/fo...andreas/770801/
And between clicking 'FAQ, Part 1' and 'Bugs' you also have to click 'Полезная информация [показать]' (Useful information [Show the Spoiler]) smile.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Yeap it's confirmed at least mine is glitched, no phone call from cesar!!!! gona post the save game. 6th time here we go, it's not that I couldn't go back but hell I wanted to improve some other things anyway. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Friday, Mar 8 2013, 13:55)
CLEO? Is there a way to fix this with Editing the Savefile?

If the save file is glitched because the islands were unlocked before finishing the early LS missions then CLEO is probably the only option. The fix requires relaunching the phone call thread that was ended when the island were unlocked too soon. I have no idea if it's possible to launch a thread with edits only.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by fnxrak, 09 March 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Save File Here it is for anyone who may want to try and find a way to fix this glitch
Could it be possible maybe I don't know getting another phone from the mafia to unglitch????
Another question is it possible to spray all tags and keep the "Groove Street..." sound when you get near groove street????

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 01:10)
Save file Here it is for anyone who may want to try and find a way to fix this glitch
Could it be possible maybe I don't know getting another phone from the mafia to unglitch????
Another question is it possible to spray all tags and keep the "Groove Street..." sound when you get near groove street????

Yes it is, start something like, Vigilante missions and spray it in 60 seconds before the time ends, move away from Grove Street and viola, you didn't activate the Audio!

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:38 AM Edited by fnxrak, 09 March 2013 - 12:42 AM.

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 00:31)
QUOTE (fnxrak @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 01:10)
Save file Here it is for anyone who may want to try and find a way to fix this glitch

Yes it is, start something like, Vigilante missions and spray it in 60 seconds before the time ends, move away from Grove Street and viola, you didn't activate the Audio!

Thank you I guess that should also enable storing vehicles in the garage if done right.
Does anybody know something else I shouldn't do???? LOLOL suicidal.gif

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 00:10)

There is an error (This file is not yet available.)

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by fnxrak, 09 March 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Well I updated the file and now it's working but strange thing your quote link is also working my internet went down for a while maybe it has something to do with it
By the way this file is PC version v1.0

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

Still doesn't working... maybe something on my side

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

Try using http://gtasnp.com for San Andreas saves.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Let's see Save file

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by OrionSR, 09 March 2013 - 03:10 AM.

Okay, this is what I've gathered so far. Roggan appears to be correct about the "random" mobile phone calls (thread MOB_RAN) messing with the calls in the Badlands (MOB_CAT). I have confirmed that the MOB_CAT thread is inactive on fnxrak glitched save, and... global variable $1411 = 1 using the Japanese save editor (linked at bottom).

Here's the bit where the thread gets killed. (the JF lines point where to go if the IF statement is not true - a value of 1 = true)
CODE
:MOB_CAT_56
if
 $1411 == 1
jf @MOB_CAT_76
end_thread

This is how the thread is supposed to die. I think this is the call about The Truth's crops being ready so come on over for Are You Going...
CODE
:MOB_CAT_1136
if
 $CALL_ANSWERED == 1
jf @MOB_CAT_1194
$1363 = 1
Marker.Disable($MARKER_TRUTH_FARM)
$MARKER_TRUTH_FARM = Marker.CreateIconAndSphere($ICON_TRUTH, $X_TRUTH_FARM, $Y_TRUTH_FARM, $Z_TRUTH_FARM)
01F0: set_max_wanted_level_to 5
$1411 = 1

This looks like the first call from the mafia, "Hey, Mr. Johnson. Just a friendly reminder that you owe me money." and variations.
CODE
:MOB_RAN_1781
if
 $CALL_ANSWERED == 1
jf @MOB_RAN_1820
$1376 = 1
$1377 = 0
$1411 = 1

And then the call that the goons are on their way.
CODE
:MOB_RAN_2165
if
 $CALL_ANSWERED == 1
jf @MOB_RAN_2197
$1377 = 1
$1411 = 1

So yes, it definitely looks like the debt calls can and do glitch the Badland missions. The questions now are, can this be avoided by not answering the phone, and do the goons still show up in the uc2 Vincent?

The only place where $1411 is set to 0 is during the new game preparation, so there doesn't appear to be any why to repair the glitch in-game. Is anyone interested in a CLEO fix for this?

CODE
//Possible Repair for killing Badland calls by Mafia Debt calls.
$1411 = 0 // good enough if before Green Sabre
//create_thread 181884 // @MOB_CAT PCv1
//create_thread 181863 // @MOB_CAT PCv2

The Japanese save editor has a tool to show the values of the global variables and active threads.
GTA:SA Save Game Editor v1.0 by Ryosuke: http://gtasamod.web....sase/index.html

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

OrionSR,
And could you tell something about this connection between the Catalina's call and the Vagos territories appearance?
Again, I think it's critical to people who wants the perfect stats to take these hoods outside the mission too. But it'll be impossible if you did not receive this call from Catalina...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Well, I traced the subtitles from that call to this code segment.
CODE
:MOB_CAT_182449
if
 $CATALINA_TOTAL_PASSED_MISSIONS == 3
jf @MOB_CAT_182750
if
 $1361 == 0
jf @MOB_CAT_182750
$CELLPHONE_CALL_ID = 0
gosub @SUB_PHONE_RINGING
if
 $CALL_ANSWERED == 1
jf @MOB_CAT_182531
gosub @SUB_GET_CALL_SUBTITLES
gosub @SUB_PLAY_DIALOG

:MOB_CAT_182531
if
 $CALL_ANSWERED == 1
jf @MOB_CAT_182736
$1361 = 1
076C: set_zone 'ELCO1' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'ELCO2' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'ELCO1' gang 7 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELCO2' gang 7 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELCO1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELCO2' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 7 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 7 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 1 density_to 0

:MOB_CAT_182736
gosub @SUB_END_CALL
jump @MOB_CAT_181899

So, it looks like those turfs remain with the Aztecas if the call is not answered, just like you described. So perhaps the debt calls won't glitch the Badlands calls if they are ignored, but do the goons still spawn? I can't test this hypothesis. I can't get San Andreas to run for more than a minute or two on this computer before the game stutters to a stop.
  • v3nd3tt4 likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:00 AM Edited by fnxrak, 09 March 2013 - 10:10 AM.

Cool my python course is already paying out, now instead of just some radom numbers and letters I can actually understand most of the code. biggrin.gif
So this means it should be possible to fix this if we can change the value of the call thread.
I doubt that the goons will show up without answering the first call since they will show up because of the second one, probably one is depending on the other and since the conditions of the code is about the answering the phone call.
if
$CALL_ANSWERED == 1

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:20 AM Edited by lol232, 09 March 2013 - 10:56 AM.

...How about editing the save by marking it as you never received the call, and making the thread for Caesar's call alive.
I'm not really pro in this, but I'm just thinking...

EDIT: How about just disabling the first call and being able to answer the second one straight away?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'm not convinced that skipping the calls will prevent the goons from coming after CJ. There are plenty of examples of events occurring even when the calls are skipped -- loss of progress with girlfriends for example. Also, it doesn't seem logical that ignoring calls from the Mafia would prevent them from trying to collect. Not that Rockstar can be counted on for logic; why would they alter the flag for ending the MOB_CAT thread with a debt call?

It's not too tough to edit the global variable that causes the problem ($1411) before completing The Green Sabre, the mission that launches the phone thread for the Badland mission. Setting it to 0 should be enough to stop the glitch from occurring. Launching a thread with CLEO is pretty easy on PC, and not all that difficult for a skilled editor of PS2 saves. I don't see any point of inventing a completely new process for launching threads (an effort that is likely to end in failure) when established methods are already documented.

EDIT: How about just disabling the first call and being able to answer the second one straight away?

I'm not sure which calls you are referring to, but I don't think it matters. In this context the priorities are usually: avoid editing/modding > avoid glitches > collect unique vehicles.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:33 PM Edited by fnxrak, 09 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

Hey I just got expeled from the army for shooting flyes off peoples heads LOLOL I was a "4 Star General" and now I'm a "Rat" also i'm starting to starve, I can't believe how skinny I'm now LOLOL smile.gif
Just joking trying to relax a little before trying to do the 50 fares of the taxi missions without fixing the taxi...

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:07 PM Edited by lol232, 09 March 2013 - 01:10 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 13:09)
I'm not convinced that skipping the calls will prevent the goons from coming after CJ. There are plenty of examples of events occurring even when the calls are skipped -- loss of progress with girlfriends for example. Also, it doesn't seem logical that ignoring calls from the Mafia would prevent them from trying to collect. Not that Rockstar can be counted on for logic; why would they alter the flag for ending the MOB_CAT thread with a debt call?

It's not too tough to edit the global variable that causes the problem ($1411) before completing The Green Sabre, the mission that launches the phone thread for the Badland mission. Setting it to 0 should be enough to stop the glitch from occurring. Launching a thread with CLEO is pretty easy on PC, and not all that difficult for a skilled editor of PS2 saves. I don't see any point of inventing a completely new process for launching threads (an effort that is likely to end in failure) when established methods are already documented.

I'm not sure which calls you are referring to, but I don't think it matters. In this context the priorities are usually: avoid editing/modding > avoid glitches > collect unique vehicles.

I'm referring to the Mafia goon call (Reminder), that call not to be activated, but to get the second call straight away.
Can you set the Global variable to 0 with the Save game editor?

Also, Fnxrak, just use multiple save slots, each time you succeed something save over onto another slot.
I deleted my save where I collected that UC2 Vincent and loaded off my old one. I didn't lose any progress other than the collected Vincent.

Or, does collecting the Vincent affect all your other saves?
suicidal.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 13:07)
Also, Fnxrak, just use multiple save slots, each time you succeed something save over onto another slot.
I deleted my save where I collected that UC2 Vincent and loaded off my old one. I didn't lose any progress other than the collected Vincent.

Or, does collecting the Vincent affect all your other saves?[/color] suicidal.gif

No Nothing like that I keep all my saves in diferent folders I just began doing a new one because first I wanted and second to redo some things I did on the "wrong order".
In Portugal we have a saying that is: "We should start building a house when we are finishing it"
But thanks for the advice anyway

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

You're welcome, and good luck.

By the way, I have tried Impounding a LVPD Police car in LSPD Impound, and it disappeared (It saved, got fixed, and after saving and loading it disappeared), I'm a bit paranoid my Hydra disappears. notify.gif
Any advice?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by fnxrak, 09 March 2013 - 02:42 PM.

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 13:33)
You're welcome, and good luck.

By the way, I have tried Impounding a LVPD Police car in LSPD Impound, and it disappeared (It saved, got fixed, and after saving and loading it disappeared), I'm a bit paranoid my Hydra disappears. notify.gif
Any advice?

Do you know how to leave the impound correctly, most of the times if you leave the impound without looking into the spot where the vehicles are stored they will be replaced by "radom" vehicles, wich doesn't happen with the airplanes and helicopter much, just from time to time. But be carefull that Los Santos impounds don't store planes correctly they tend to store in a vertical position and then blowup making them disapear. Until now I was only capable to store airplanes in San Fierro. Helicopters are the best choice to keep in both LS and LV impounds.
To check on them what I do is from time to time I load a game and go back to the impounds to make sure they are still there if all is ok then I just reload the game a continue without saving of course. I use the GTA SA Center to teleport me there (just to check), here are the coordinates:
Los Santos: x = 1543.379000 y = -1656.803000 z = 5.890625
San Fierro: x = -1635.930000 y= 676.173300 z = -5.242188
Las Venturas: x = 2238.074000 y = 2459.401000 z = -7.453125
also check the topic Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage - How to Put Cars In and Take them Out
hope it helps

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

The problem is, they just don't get saved and disappear, they do get saved temporarily...
So, I just save a Hydra, walk few steps to see if it's there, then walk back and save the game?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 18:15)
The problem is, they just don't get saved and disappear, they do get saved temporarily...
So, I just save a Hydra, walk few steps to see if it's there, then walk back and save the game?

Maybe it's when you enter the impound you also have to look into the spot where the hydra is, I'm going to try and make a video explaining how leave and enter the impound without loosing the vehicles if it still vanish then there must be something else wrong.
From all the impounds the San Fierro for me it was the worst to learn how enter and exit ok.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by OrionSR, 09 March 2013 - 08:38 PM.

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 05:07)
Can you set the Global variable to 0 with the Save game editor?

Yes, you can alter the values of global variables with the Japanese editor, but I forgot to mention that the program has some unusual quirks, probably because it was written for a different version (JP) of the game. It is an outstanding save viewer, but I don't trust it to make edits to my good saves. If you can't run CLEO then it's not too tough to alter the global variables with a hex editor (HxD is free). The math required to edit one variable is simple enough to do with the Windows Calculator.

$1376 = 1 // debt warning received (1st call)
$1377 = 1 // debt thread launched (2nd call)
$1411 = 1 // end phone thread for Badlands

I managed to keep SA running long enough to use CLEO to put CJ in debt, mark the debt warning as received, and warp CJ to LV. When the phone call was ignored it was repeated a short time later, and when I saved and examined the save the debt thread was not active. It looks like the uc2 Vincent is off the table until the Are You Going... mission is available.

Clarifications: Answering a debt call before completing The Green Sabre mission only changes the global variable that will end the Badlands' mobile phone thread when it is launched. Changing the variable back to 0 should prevent the glitch. Relaunching the phone thread is only necessary if it's killed after Green Sabre and before Are You Going... is available.

It look like once the debt thread is active it remains active on that save. So a possible solution for custom starting saves, like the Chain Game, would be to mark both debt calls as answered and launch the debt thread early.

CODE
$1376 = 1 // debt warning received (1st call)
$1377 = 1 // debt thread launched (2nd call)
create_thread 3573452 // @DEBT PCv1
//create_thread 3581211 // @DEBT PCv2

Sorry about posting so many codes, but it helps if I can keep the all of the critical information on one page in case I need to revisit this discussion later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users