Quantcast

» «
Photo

Racists

452 replies to this topic
GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

There were these racist, clodhoppers living on the end of my street who were racist from dad to the youngest kid. Here are a couple of things I remember that they did..

1. There were these two Mexican kids playing out side, minding their own business, and two of the family's kids walked by their house and called them "spics" and "beaners", telling them to go back to Mexico.

2. They ALWAYS got into trouble with my African-American neighbors. Once because they stuffed a McDonald's bag into their mailbox, the bag was filled with squashed Honey Mustard. When they confronted the racists, the dad called them "ni**ers" and "jungle bunnies"...

3. The problems they had with me were with my Italian/Puerto Rican dad.
Calling him a "spic" and "meatball? (I think)?

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

I live in New York, so if you were racist against any skin color around here, you probably wouldn't last long. Good thing too, because racists don't belong in society. Lots of racist jokes though, but anything serious and you would get beat up eventually.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

My grandma used to hate asian people. Then my cousin started dating a japanese girl, and she started to be less racist. Then I started dating a japanese girl, and she stopped being prejudiced.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

I am not racist, at least not in the mindset, I don't look down on any races or judge them due to their race really, I don't care what colour or what country you came from, I could still like your personality or whatever, it makes no difference.

I like to make jokes based off stereotypes though just because it's funny for me at least, but I don't see it as racism really since I don't mean it that way and am just picking on the stereotypes that are present.

Depends on how you look at it, the jokes I make are probably racist, but that doesn't make me a racist.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

I have no racist family members (at least none that are open about it). Fortunately, the same applies to acquaintances from back in my school days.

I live in Maryland (a state of the Confederacy during the Civil War), so I've seen my fair share of the Mason Dixon flags. I don't think they're used in a racist manner though, many people had ancestors who fought in the war and so they're just honoring that.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

So, what my post is about to say does not relate to racism, but to multiculturalism and diversity in general. I could make a new topic about it, but I really don't want to.

I was having an argument with a friend a few days ago... I live in Canada and of course, it's very multi-cultural, but my point is there is a difference between multiculturalism and diversity. Multiculturalism is just when multiple cultures (and by that, more than 3 or 4) are in a certain location, yet diversity is when there are multiple cultures of the same proportional size in one location.

Here's the thing I don't like... there is a large community of Chinese people here in Toronto... they live in their own region (not only Chinatown) and don't speak English. I asked a guy who owns a corner store near by how long he's been living here (after seeing him reading a Chinese newspaper, I assumed he was new to the country), he replies he's been around for 21 years. Now my question is, why don't these people leave their bubble and assimilate to the rest of society? Why do they stay in their own region and speak their own language? Why not interact socially with other cultures, and that doesn't have to be the local culture, but other immigrants from other countries?

Going back to my Multiculturalism vs. Diversity issue. Like I said, I see a lot of Chinese people around, and I see that as multiculturalism but not as diversity because it's not 'diverse'. It's essentially white people and asians, two cultures aren't 'diverse', that's multicultural to me.

I'd like you guys to tell me if my diversity vs. multiculturalism argument makes sense of if I'm just being an idiot. confused.gif
  • Mister Kay likes this

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:30 AM Edited by Linki, 06 March 2013 - 06:42 AM.

I belong to all those groups that have we've been told to hate/fear/shun, sure: racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-semitic, etc.

From a certain point of view.

EDIT:
Yes, I know few racists. Our governments are racist for instituting affirmative action, racial quotas and speech and discrimination laws thereby destroying freedom of association in the process. Our education institutions are racist for their "diversity" policies ("diversity" being a code word for less white people). Our media is racist for glossing over to outright ignoring interracial crimes against whites, using control words, celebrating the decline of white demographics and political will etc.

You know, it's really sad. We live in a society that is so neurotic about what some peoples' tastes and preferences are but couldn't care less about all the harm the change in demographics is causing. What we call "racism" is natural anyway. Kin selection is inherent to life that has branched to certain degrees and that tends to trump a few decades of we-are-the-world hippie ideology.

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

My grandpa is kind of racist. But anyone over the age of 60 grew up in a time when it was okay to stereotype and generalize people.

Anyway, my grandpa used to work at McDonald Douglass, and just yesterday when asked, "Who acts like they're sick for no reason?" (He was claiming my grandma was faking being sick). His reply was, "the blacks at work used to always call in sick. They acted like they were better than everyone and owned the place." He then asked, "Am I right, Louise? (My grandma)" I expected her to say she didn't know what he was talking about, but she said, "The blacks walked around acting like they were kings."

My uncle, my grandpa's brother, is much worse. Always telling me about how the world is going to end because a "ni**er" is in the whitehouse. All I can do is roll my eyes and keep my mouth shut.

I used to hang out with a guy fondly called "skin head" Dave. He was a proud racist. Nazi flags in his house. Constantly talking about "ni**ers", "spics", and "gooks". But he hung out with all sorts of other races. It was weird because they all accepted him, and were friends. He was a good guy though. It's not like he physically manifested his opinions of minorities in the form of violence or and sort of persecution. Not to say having those opinions and speaking them out loud isn't a form of indirect persecution.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 09:24)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 04:40)
QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 22:31)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 03:21)
I overall respect all races and religions but there is one group of people that get my on my nerves. Namely, muslims that don't integrate in Europe, the ones who wear the burka's and cover their enitire bodies and dont even speak the language of the country they reside in properly or not at all. But verbal expression if my opinion on this group doesn't make me racist, does it?

It's kinda funny how some people criticise Islam for "forcing" women to wear a certain type of clothes only to turn around and say they dislike all muslim females that wear Burka's or Hijab. bored.gif

To answer your question (which you already know the answer for but don't want to admit it). No, it makes you a bigot.

I don't think Raavi was saying he dislikes them because they wear the burkas but rather the fact that their religion is in such a way that it makes it impossible for the die hard Islamists able to integrate into any society.

If you ask me I think it's f*cked up how the religion treats women and how acceptable it has become. But whatever

Thank you, that is exectly what I meant. Muslim women are often times limited in everything they say or do by their husband or family. While the men get to do, say and wear whatever the hell they want. In today's day and age this gender inequality shouldn't be present any more. I think it is just morally wrong.

A longtime friend of mine was rased following the word of the Quran but she rebelled in her teens rather extremely against her religion and was forced to move out when she was 14. now 10 years later she stil doesn't have contact with her family and her brother threatens to kill her if she returns in order to restore the family's honor.

This is why it gets on my nerves.

What about the Muslim women who are alright with it? Forcing them to act the way you want them to is morally wrong as well.

Just something to think about. wink.gif

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

I've never met any rascists in my whole life. I'm not typically saying that I never meant anyone who's rascist but I know that some of them are hiding their inborn personality.

EDMEISTERX
  • EDMEISTERX

My gun is my word,uncensored of course.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Well,for example my Mom doesn't like hindus.I keep asking her why,and she says '' They look uncleanly ''.But knowing my Mom,she is only joking,she isn't that racist,and I still don't understand that.

Myself,I am not a racist,I love everyone,there is no wrong in you,only in you'r actions.And I kind of dislike the russian community around Latvia.Thank lord they aren't in my town,because in the capital,Riga,they don't learn our language,they don't bother to work or contribute to society anyhow,it's because they think that they are '' the undisputed kings '' of our land,because the Soviets had control of Latvia until the 90's.
I call it arrogance.Well,together I have no problem with them at all,as long as they learn our language and be regular people,just like everyone else.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:33 AM Edited by Diggdydog, 06 March 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Quite a refreshing topic. Seeing people who aren't just small minded, ignorant pricks is very nice.

Where I live (large-ish town in North Yorkshire) racism is kinda an integrated part of society. I can never tell if it's just a huge amount of racist jokes, or if most people actually are racist. I think the problem comes from a lack of diversity (opposite to what some of y'all were saying) where people simply don't know enough people from other cultures and so believe the stereotypes around them. There is a bit of a problem where a lot of the black guys I know try to sort of live the 'gangsta' life. Y'know the hood rat from Compton sort of thing? But in a middle class town all that does is enforce negative stereotypes and make you look like a bit of a prick smile.gif

This is yet another reason, in a long list, that i can't wait to move out and down to London. Much more diversity and acceptance.

Trund, in England it varies depending on where you live. Where I like everybody still has a problem with people who have immigrated from the middle-east. As far as the hatred for the Polish and other Europeans, that mainly stems from the media (more specifically newspapers). I guess the good thing about that is young people don't really read newspapes, but it does keep enforcing those negative stereotypes into older people (which they can pass on to children etc). The other thing is that I'd say quite a high majority of people, with any intellect anyway, know which papers are the bigoted ones. Reading some of them actually makes me laugh as they're just so full of crap. All about how Polish people are coming over and taking our jobs, taking our houses, filling up our hospitals and all this sh*t. Then, they have the nerve to run stories on how immigrants are just sitting round on the dole claiming benefits! It's complete bullsh*t as they criticise European immigrants for both having a job and not having a job! Fools...

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

None in our family or none of my friends are racists. All of 'em don't judge people by looks and colors and I'm happy about it. Once I was a racist when I was about 6 or 7. I used to hate people with dark skin. I thought they were dark because they don't wash their bodies and apply sh*t all over the body. lol.gif . I used to remember me saying a black guy not to sit near me at primary school. He cried,but I just laughed. My dad saw this and taught me a lesson that I will never forget for me life. He taught me that we're one... smile.gif

Rewas
  • Rewas

• Members
  • None
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:15 AM Edited by COOLMAN12234555896, 06 March 2013 - 10:22 AM.

I hate racism. In my family, I only heard racism from my mom. Also, all of my friends are racist. Well, I live in a country where there's only one race.

Everytime I visited England, when I encounter a different "race", I immediately ignore them, so they wouldn't think I'm a racist. I guess I'm paranoid

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

In my previous job, one of the in charge there told me this, "You can be racist, but you can never be sexist."

That has been my official moto in life ever since. In my country where we got many different races, it's hard to not go on a day without making a snide comment about other races. Hell I joke about my own race too so I don't see the problem at all.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I overall respect all races and religions but there is one group of people that get my on my nerves. Namely, muslims that don't integrate in Europe, the ones who wear the burka's and cover their enitire bodies and dont even speak the language of the country they reside in properly or not at all. But verbal expression of my opinion on this group doesn't make me racist, does it?

Exactly my opinion, my favourite word in the media is "Ehrenmord" which is used for the murder of muslim girls or women, who "put shame" on their family by dating non muslims or don't hide their body. It translates to "honor killing" which is actually an oxymoron since the murderers are the most honorless pigs all over the world.

And people who deny this problem that exists all over europe are simply ignorant.

Tyler
  • Tyler

I couldn't possibly comment

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 04:55)
In my previous job, one of the in charge there told me this, "You can be racist, but you can never be sexist."

That has been my official moto in life ever since. In my country where we got many different races, it's hard to not go on a day without making a snide comment about other races. Hell I joke about my own race too so I don't see the problem at all.

I understand where you're coming from with this one, but the difference between snide comments and violence/constant hate speech/proud ignorance is pretty huge. There's plenty of folks willing to joke about superficial coincidences, and that's fine. But when you are actively campaigning on the basis that your race is better/other races are lesser than yours, you have a disconnect with reality that needs to be addressed.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

There are many racists, xenophobes, an religious people intolerant of other religions where I live. My dad is a racist when it comes to gipsies, which are somewhat prevalent in our country and are apparently making a bad name for our country, but I couldn't care less about that.

It used to be bothersome to hear so many close people (friends, family etc.) say these ignorant things, but luckily I don't have to interact with most of them anymore, at least not often. Racism is the least of my "concerns". There are other forms of ignorance that are far more prevalent (even on this forum).

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 19:11)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 04:55)

I understand where you're coming from with this one, but the difference between snide comments and violence/constant hate speech/proud ignorance is pretty huge. There's plenty of folks willing to joke about superficial coincidences, and that's fine. But when you are actively campaigning on the basis that your race is better/other races are lesser than yours, you have a disconnect with reality that needs to be addressed.

Oh we're talking about major level of racism here? My apologies.

I know some certain Malaysia politicians absolutely hates Americans in the past. It was crazy hearing their comments.

"Don't buy Coca-Cola, you're supporting the Americans if you do so."
"Don't attend Rihanna's concert, Americans blah blah blah."
Something along those lines.

And pretty sure my country's former prime minister made some comments about my race being venomous or something. He denied making those comments but whatever. My government is poo anyway.

ItsOnlyAce
  • ItsOnlyAce

مقاتل

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 05:59)
So, what my post is about to say does not relate to racism, but to multiculturalism and diversity in general. I could make a new topic about it, but I really don't want to.

I was having an argument with a friend a few days ago... I live in Canada and of course, it's very multi-cultural, but my point is there is a difference between multiculturalism and diversity. Multiculturalism is just when multiple cultures (and by that, more than 3 or 4) are in a certain location, yet diversity is when there are multiple cultures of the same proportional size in one location.

Here's the thing I don't like... there is a large community of Chinese people here in Toronto... they live in their own region (not only Chinatown) and don't speak English. I asked a guy who owns a corner store near by how long he's been living here (after seeing him reading a Chinese newspaper, I assumed he was new to the country), he replies he's been around for 21 years. Now my question is, why don't these people leave their bubble and assimilate to the rest of society? Why do they stay in their own region and speak their own language? Why not interact socially with other cultures, and that doesn't have to be the local culture, but other immigrants from other countries?

Going back to my Multiculturalism vs. Diversity issue. Like I said, I see a lot of Chinese people around, and I see that as multiculturalism but not as diversity because it's not 'diverse'. It's essentially white people and asians, two cultures aren't 'diverse', that's multicultural to me.

I'd like you guys to tell me if my diversity vs. multiculturalism argument makes sense of if I'm just being an idiot. confused.gif

Carva, I heard once that in Australia, if you don't learn to speak proper English as a new citizen then you don't receive proper citizenship.

Is that true?

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 06:02)
I overall respect all races and religions but there is one group of people that get my on my nerves. Namely, muslims that don't integrate in Europe, the ones who wear the burka's and cover their enitire bodies and dont even speak the language of the country they reside in properly or not at all. But verbal expression of my opinion on this group doesn't make me racist, does it?

Exactly my opinion, my favourite word in the media is "Ehrenmord" which is used for the murder of muslim girls or women, who "put shame" on their family by dating non muslims or don't hide their body. It translates to "honor killing" which is actually an oxymoron since the murderers are the most honorless pigs all over the world.

And people who deny this problem that exists all over europe are simply ignorant.

I can relate to this. Detroit has a huge muslim population. I do my best not to make assumptions or be prejudice when it comes to seeing them, but I can't help but be annoyed at how exclusionary their culture is. They move to our country, but they don't want to mix with us, they don't like the way we live, they won't speak our language or make any attempt to communicate or socialize unless they need something... It really gets frustrating to try and keep an even keel when it seems like so many of them see me as less than them. I'm not just talking about their women either.

Then there are the Hispanics we have an ever increasing population of. Again, not trying to sh*t on the culture but... alright here is an example. I used to install Satellite TV for a one of the major national companies. I would do this mostly in and around Detroit and Pontiac, MI. I'll say again Michigan... At least three times a week I would come across a Hispanic family that didn't speak a word of English. Nobody in the house, not even the children were even attempting to learn the language. I had to call a translator just so I could preform my job. I had the same difficulty in certain Arabic households when only the women were home. I would knock and they would open the door and just walk inside. Leave it open for me but never say a word...

I understand people are different, they come from different places. It's not that I dislike the people, I just feel slighted by their complete disregard, and what I feel is disrespect for our culture. They moved here. I wouldn't dream of moving to let's say Mexico and ask someone to preform a service for me using my native tongue (English) and then get pissed when they have to call a translator so they can understand me. Its ridiculous. If you move somewhere, learn the language and customs... you don't have to dress or act like me or like the things I like. Just be a person the rest of us can interact with.

Killuminati786
  • Killuminati786

Ganja In My Brain

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 03:54)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 04:40)
QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 22:31)
I overall respect all races and religions but there is one group of people that get my on my nerves. Namely, muslims that don't integrate in Europe, the ones who wear the burka's and cover their enitire bodies and dont even speak the language of the country they reside in properly or not at all. But verbal expression if my opinion on this group doesn't make me racist, does it?

It's kinda funny how some people criticise Islam for "forcing" women to wear a certain type of clothes only to turn around and say they dislike all muslim females that wear Burka's or Hijab. bored.gif

To answer your question (which you already know the answer for but don't want to admit it). No, it makes you a bigot.

I don't think Raavi was saying he dislikes them because they wear the burkas but rather the fact that their religion is in such a way that it makes it impossible for the die hard Islamists able to integrate into any society.

If you ask me I think it's f*cked up how the religion treats women and how acceptable it has become. But whatever

Thank you, that is exectly what I meant. Muslim women are often times limited in everything they say or do by their husband or family. While the men get to do, say and wear whatever the hell they want. In today's day and age this gender inequality shouldn't be present any more. I think it is just morally wrong.

A longtime friend of mine was rased following the word of the Quran but she rebelled in her teens rather extremely against her religion and was forced to move out when she was 14. now 10 years later she stil doesn't have contact with her family and her brother threatens to kill her if she returns in order to restore the family's honor.

This is why it gets on my nerves.

It's not so much the religion, rather the culture.

I'm a Brithish Muslim, with both my parents orginally from Pakistan. Not once have I witnessed my dad treating my mum, or any woman, "less" than himself. I think you're just stereotyping when you say men get to do whatever the hell they want - it's just a few bad apples that ruin the bunch.

However, in many Muslim countires, women have a varying degree of rights e.g. in Saudi Arabia women are not aloowed to drive - this is the country's own law not an Islamic Law.

The Quran provides clear evidence that woman are completely equal to men in terms of her rights and responsibilities. The Quran states:

"Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds" [74:38]

"...So their Lord accepted their prayers, (saying): I will not suffer to be lost the work of any of you whether male or female. You proceed one from another..." [3:195]

"Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily to him will We give a new life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to their actions." [16:97, see also 4:124]

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Racists often give me the same vibe that I get off of those bullies that pick on someone that is weaker, smaller or just more outnumbered than they are. There is this high pitched glee at doing what, for the lack of a better term, is evil that shrills off of them. It is full of pettiness, ignorance, fear, cowardice, hate, overcompensation for a lack of self-worth, the radical adherent to strange doctrines based on logical fallacy and myth and way more than a pinch of self-loathing.

It is more than just disturbing or disgusting. Fear inspiring for some that are often culled into joining in out of fear of not being on the more powerful side of a beat down. Righteous anger inspiring in others and it is a definite place for establishing where you stand. It is best to sort out who is with you in such a confrontation before it happens because if you wait then you are often left short handed in the conflict situation that may or may not arise.

As for racism and racists: I don't have to put up with it. Their feelings are not mine to carry as my responsibility.

I am a stand up kind of guy and applaud and back up all who are.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Wait, hang on. I'm a Muslim. A third of my country is fulled of Muslims. Not once have I ever seen a Muslim woman being disrespected. Trust me, I have a religious Muslim mother.

God it's gonna be weird using her as an example. My dad has never abused her in any way. Yes there was this one time where he asked her to quit her job but it was mostly mine fault as I gave the family quite an amount of problems during that period of time. Other than that, my mom has been on equal grounds as my dad.

Plus my mom goes to this gym. She made friends over there and they formed some type of gym mates group. She's the only Muslim in that group. Her best friend in that group is a Buddha. So does Muslim integrate well into society? I think yes. Or maybe, once again, it's just my country. I've made many friends of different races and religions. Heck sometimes to give my friends a laugh, when I do something explodish, I'll be like "Well I am a Muslim."

Although I really hate the amount of foreigners pouring into my country. By a few more years, the population of foreigners will be exceeding the population of locals government is in full support of this bullsh*t! Our country is small enough as it is!

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:10 PM Edited by LazyboyEight, 06 March 2013 - 04:42 PM.

I don't consider myself homophobic or racist and I think many people overreact. Yeah, I'll make a joke about a gay couple walking around Asda in bright pink skinny jeans and a glittered top, or make a joke about a black person acting like a total nutter, just the same as I'll make a joke about a white person.

I'm doing no harm. I'm not walking into Tesco with a sledgehammer and bludgeoning any black person just because they're black. I'm simply reciting a joke I may have heard from sonebody else.

People who say "racist joke" piss me off. You can't have a racist joke, that's an oxymoron. It's called a joke for a reason.

People who prance around saying "I don't judge people because of their skin colour" are also making up lies. Everyone is "racist" to a degree.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Whoa!

Too much abstraction in this thread. Pooling distinctions together is fine sometimes yet not in issues such as this and not to this degree.

Ethnicity (aka Race), Gender, Age, Culture, Educational Background, Class, Nationality and Religion are all separate things. I mention a few more here just to cover the basics and to slightly diffuse the temperature of this discussion.

These many characteristics of an individual may combine in many ways that overlap due to many specifics yet they do not count as them.

This discussion is entitled Racists.

I find that counting religious grouping as race creates a whole new set of problems well beyond what is solvable with the issues of racism.

Distinctions vs Abstractions is often at the root of the trouble in such discussions in the first place. Switching up accelerentes does not cool down the fire at all.

Keep it on topic.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

My family isn't racist. They just don't trust white people.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 16:10)
People who prance around saying "I don't judge people because of their skin colour" are also making up lies. Everyone is "racist" to a degree.

That is not true.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 11:43)

That is not true.

Everyone profiles, but not everyone is racist

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 16:53)
QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 11:43)

That is not true.

Everyone profiles, but not everyone is racist

Hence the quotation marks in "racist".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users