• universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Are there any racists you have to put up with, and if you do, how do you deal with them? Take my mom for example, anybody she dislikes, regardless of their skin color, she calls the N-word, and it's really starting to bum me out.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

I don't think that makes her a racist.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

My girlfriend is Colombian and for some reason my dad keeps saying derogatory sh*t about Latin Americans on Facebook. I know he likes my gf, alot actually. But the shut he says is offensive.

When I visit Colorado this weekend I'm gonna put him in check

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:00 AM Edited by Chunkyman, 06 March 2013 - 03:30 AM.

My Grandad always says "I'm only half racist, I like the women!" lol.gif

There used to be an old guy I knew who (when young) made a bit of a sport by hitting black people with cane poles when they didn't move off the railroad track he was walking on.

Knew a white supremacist in highschool, big Hitler fan. Reminded me of Derek from American History X.

There's also this little gem on youtube. Linky

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:21 AM Edited by Raavi, 06 March 2013 - 03:31 AM.

I overall respect all races and religions but there is one group of people that get my on my nerves. Namely, muslims that don't integrate in Europe, the ones who wear the burka's and cover their enitire bodies and dont even speak the language of the country they reside in properly or not at all. But verbal expression of my opinion on this group doesn't make me racist, does it?

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

My grandma was a racist - then she died. Not because she was a racist, you know... I think that was not the cause. Maybe it was.

She always lived in a place where there are a lot of black people, and she always hated to see them walking on the street. I really don't know why. She called them "shwaza" or something like that, which represents "schwarz" - German version for "black". I found that funny until I realized that something worse could happen. Someone could hear that and try to discuss with her.

I have like three black friends and we always tell racist jokes to them and it's all ok. Of course, they are our friends and they always laugh with everyone, but we always try to be moderated.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 19:45)
Take my mom for example, anybody she dislikes, regardless of their skin color, she calls the N-word

that's not racism.

that's anger management issues.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

Me being an African American/Black, I deal with racism all the time. Of course its not all directly to my face, but when people are attempting to insults blacks over the internet, radio, TV ect I am targeted. It honestly doesn't bother me at this point. I just wish that people can drum up better "insults" and attempts. The racism, as a form of insults, gets old and boring after a while. Its more like a "can't find something better than that?" reaction rather than a "wow I am so offended" type of reaction.

And to the OP, your mother isn't racist, she's just pretty damn ignorant and immature, as much as I hate to say it.

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 03:21)
I overall respect all races and religions but there is one group of people that get my on my nerves. Namely, muslims that don't integrate in Europe, the ones who wear the burka's and cover their enitire bodies and dont even speak the language of the country they reside in properly or not at all. But verbal expression if my opinion on this group doesn't make me racist, does it?

It's kinda funny how some people criticise Islam for "forcing" women to wear a certain type of clothes only to turn around and say they dislike all muslim females that wear Burka's or Hijab. bored.gif

To answer your question (which you already know the answer for but don't want to admit it). No, it makes you a bigot.

ItsOnlyAce
  • ItsOnlyAce

مقاتل

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 02:58)
My girlfriend is Colombian and for some reason my dad keeps saying derogatory sh*t about Latin Americans on Facebook. I know he likes my gf, alot actually. But the shut he says is offensive.

When I visit Colorado this weekend I'm gonna put him in check

That reminds me of my situation a little bit. I'm dating a hispanic girl. I'm mixed with Spanish and Black and the only real thing her side of the family sees in me is being the black kid at their social gatherings. It makes me really uncomfortable. With half my family
Being from Spain, I do speak fluent spanish, only you wouldn't suspect it from the way I look. The elders of her family like the great aunts and uncle or sometimes grandparents say things behind my back when i can clearly understand what they are saying.

It's a pretty challenging thing to go through. I just sort of put up with it.. dozingoff.gif

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 04:31)
I overall respect all races and religions but there is one group of people that get my on my nerves. Namely, muslims that don't integrate in Europe, the ones who wear the burka's and cover their enitire bodies and dont even speak the language of the country they reside in properly or not at all. But verbal expression if my opinion on this group doesn't make me racist, does it?

It's kinda funny how some people criticise Islam for "forcing" women to wear a certain type of clothes only to turn around and say they dislike all muslim females that wear Burka's or Hijab. bored.gif

To answer your question (which you already know the answer for but don't want to admit it). No, it makes you a bigot.

No, not really. Getting on my nerves doesn't mean I despise them or their cultural habits.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 22:31)

I don't think Raavi was saying he dislikes them because they wear the burkas but rather the fact that their religion is in such a way that it makes it impossible for the die hard Islamists able to integrate into any society.

If you ask me I think it's f*cked up how the religion treats women and how acceptable it has become. But whatever

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

We live in the southwest and obviously there is quite a lot of Hispanics here. My mother hates this place and when someone gets on her nerves - whether it be traffic or some moron walking all up on her - she just says some derogatory terms about these people. It gets annoying and it's sort of ignorant. Best thing to do is just disregard it.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 22:40)
We live in the southwest and obviously there is quite a lot of Hispanics here. My mother hates this place and when someone gets on her nerves - whether it be traffic or some moron walking all up on her - she just says some derogatory terms about these people. It gets annoying and it's sort of ignorant. Best thing to do is just disregard it.

Where exactly do u live. Arizona??

My dad is the same way.

But to be fair I think alot of people do the same thing but they aren't racist. I have yelled out some slurs in my car during traffic but only so I can hear it. For me it has nothing to do with their race but that is the only thing I can use against this person whom I don't know.

I never say the N word though. I hate that word

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 19:31)

Are you illiterate? Well, you can type that of course, but still...
You just basically said he's not racist... but he is racist. A bigot is a person whom is biased. A person who is biased can discriminate against people of different ethnicity, race and so forth. In this instance it is race (skin tone) so... what exactly do you mean?

On Topic: I don't think it makes you racist. If you don't have anything against their religion or race then you're fine. It would be another story if [for instance] you hated all Muslims. But since you say you don't.. Nope, you aren't racist. monocle.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

A couple years ago I went up to visit my extended family in Ohio. My grandmother, sister, a cousin, and I went to a Pizza buffet thingy after going to Cedar Point, and my cousin announced that she was dating a black guy (I don't think she announced it, but either way it came up) My grandmother was shocked, "You're dating a black guy?!" right out loud while one was cleaning a table behind us.

I never took my grandma for a racist. She's really conservative, the type that has the anti-abortion stickers on her car, but she's also a really devout Catholic and I just can't think of Catholics as racist. I guess it's not really racism as much as being affected by the environment she grew up in, but it was still pretty shocking to me.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

I know some old racists. My grandma for example... Once she was talking about my cousin marrying a black guy and said something like, "People shouldn't mix," or something like that. But then quickly followed it with "But I'm not prejudice or anything"

I also had a friend who told me he didn't trust black people

Anti_Communist_Hero
  • Anti_Communist_Hero

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

I consider myself a racist, and if you had to put up with the stuff I put up with everyday, you'll be racist too.

Story is, that I live near a Persian community. These f*cking Arabs think they still live in sandy Iraq. They are disgusting. They all think we tolerate they'll oil-sheik attitude in the Land of Free. I once said to them "if you love your lifestyle so much get the f*ck back to Iraq".

I wish the government would stop letting them in, but this ni**er of the president we have loves to suck cocks.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

My dad seems to be racist and homophobic, he always makes stupid jokes about black people or a gay couple he spotted in the supermarket and I just blink.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 04:40)

You have this in most countries though. In the USA it's mainly about the hispanics, here in Germany it's usually about the turks and in the UK they are starting to hate on the Polish people.

I think the media can be blamed for a most part of this, since they're the ones that tend to showcase foreigners as bad people, whether it is here in Europe, North America or anywhere else in the world. My best friends are foreigners, and I'm myself only half German (I was born here though), so even I had experienced minor racism because my name isn't German, however that was a very long time ago though.

Where I live there's not much of racism though, as we have many foreigners here, as well as tons of US Military, so it was always quite crowded with them and everyone got to live with it just fine, very different if you compare it with northeast Germany for example, they still have quite some problems with racism even nowadays.

hl_world
  • hl_world

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Yes, I know few racists. Our governments are racist for instituting affirmative action, racial quotas and speech and discrimination laws thereby destroying freedom of association in the process. Our education institutions are racist for their "diversity" policies ("diversity" being a code word for less white people). Our media is racist for glossing over to outright ignoring interracial crimes against whites, using control words, celebrating the decline of white demographics and political will etc.

You know, it's really sad. We live in a society that is so neurotic about what some peoples' tastes and preferences are but couldn't care less about all the harm the change in demographics is causing. What we call "racism" is natural anyway. Kin selection is inherent to life that has branched to certain degrees and that tends to trump a few decades of we-are-the-world hippie ideology.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

@Anti_Communist_Hero
I really hope to graciousness you aren't going to base your account's existence on the fact that you're racist, like you've been doing. Stormfront might like you, but I suspect you won't get any laughs here.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

QUOTE (Anti_Communist_Hero @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 20:50)
I consider myself a racist, and if you had to put up with the stuff I put up with everyday, you'll be racist too.

Story is, that I live near a Persian community. These f*cking Arabs think they still live in sandy Iraq. They are disgusting. They all think we tolerate they'll oil-sheik attitude in the Land of Free. I once said to them "if you love your lifestyle so much get the f*ck back to Iraq".

I wish the government would stop letting them in, but this ni**er of the president we have loves to suck cocks.

trolling troll is trolling.

I applaud your effort.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 04:40)
QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 22:31)

I don't think Raavi was saying he dislikes them because they wear the burkas but rather the fact that their religion is in such a way that it makes it impossible for the die hard Islamists able to integrate into any society.

If you ask me I think it's f*cked up how the religion treats women and how acceptable it has become. But whatever

Thank you, that is exectly what I meant. Muslim women are often times limited in everything they say or do by their husband or family. While the men get to do, say and wear whatever the hell they want. In today's day and age this gender inequality shouldn't be present any more. I think it is just morally wrong.

A longtime friend of mine was rased following the word of the Quran but she rebelled in her teens rather extremely against her religion and was forced to move out when she was 14. now 10 years later she stil doesn't have contact with her family and her brother threatens to kill her if she returns in order to restore the family's honor.

This is why it gets on my nerves.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (hl_world @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 22:53)
Yes, I know few racists. Our governments are racist for instituting affirmative action, racial quotas and speech and discrimination laws thereby destroying freedom of association in the process. Our education institutions are racist for their "diversity" policies ("diversity" being a code word for less white people). Our media is racist for glossing over to outright ignoring interracial crimes against whites, using control words, celebrating the decline of white demographics and political will etc.

You know, it's really sad. We live in a society that is so neurotic about what some peoples' tastes and preferences are but couldn't care less about all the harm the change in demographics is causing. What we call "racism" is natural anyway. Kin selection is inherent to life that has branched to certain degrees and that tends to trump a few decades of we-are-the-world hippie ideology.

Although I'm against it I don't think affirmative action is racist.

You have to realize that AA was put in place when there was still alot of discrimination against blacks. It was made to keep white neighborhoods from pushing out black residents.

Obviously it's not like that anymore but they can't take it away. It would be a political nightmare.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (Anti_Communist_Hero @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 03:50)

0/10. dozingoff.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (Anti_Communist_Hero *banned lololol* @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 21:50)

Good riddance...

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 14:51)
My dad seems to be racist and homophobic, he always makes stupid jokes about black people or a gay couple he spotted in the supermarket and I just blink.

My old man's the same. Though not really Homophobic, He typically refers to black people as "shoe polish". dontgetit.gif

IM_YOUR_GOD
  • IM_YOUR_GOD

Christian Zionist Rank 9

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

This goes all the way back to the Tower of Baal. I think racism is the most stupidest sh*t ever. We are all on the planet together despite our "differences", it all seems to weaken the human race as we fight over cultural differences. This is why we need a New World Order, so we can fight the evil controlling aliens/anchors.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

I think the two generations before us grew up in a much different world. Not that it's excusable, but I have alot more leniency for racists in their 50+. Our generation has no excuse though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users