61 replies to this topic
Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

I have a question, I'll ask it here.

Why do people get hyped over these types of games? This itself looks like some linear run and gun scripted level game. We've had those for many years, aren't people bored?

There's literally nothing known about this game that makes it interesting. Why are people hyped?

I've seen you post some really dumb and ignorant things on this forum. I know you're thirteen so I really shouldn't get that mad at you, but next time you don't know anything about a particular topic, don't f*cking say anything about it. That will really help you in life. 

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

Why do people get hyped over these types of games? This itself looks like some linear run and gun scripted level game. We've had those for many years, aren't people bored?

There's literally nothing known about this game that makes it interesting. Why are people hyped?

I've seen you post some really dumb and ignorant things on this forum. I know you're thirteen so I really shouldn't get that mad at you, but next time you don't know anything about a particular topic, don't f*cking say anything about it. That will really help you in life.

Are you aware that quote is from just under a year ago?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Are you aware that quote is from just under a year ago?

LOL

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Theif Reviews!

IGN - 6.8/10
GameSpot - 6/10
Eurogamer - 6/10
Gameinformrt - 8/10

Average Metacritic Score 70!

http://www.ign.com/a...24/thief-review

http://www.gamespot....w/1900-6415675/

http://www.eurogamer...24-thief-review

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Thief has a companion app on Android.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

I was going to get this on PS4 but I won't spend £35 on something that won't last me very long.

I got it on PC instead for £14.99 from simply cd keys if anyone is wanting to try it but doesn't want to spend a ton on it, 5OFFTHIEF knocks it down to that price.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

The reviews are brutal so far. Seems like they are all compaining about the map in some way. Don't know if it is just the layout or what.  Dead Rising 3 has a weird map. But the more I used it, the easier it was. I think that is one reason it got a lower rating. But reviews are way overrated now. Look at GTA and others that got almost perfect scores. What a joke. I feel better already.  

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Thief is a video game developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix. It is a butchering of the cult classic Thief series of stealth games, of which it is the fourth game.

Quoted from Wikipedia, lol.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Thief is a video game developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix. It is a butchering of the cult classic Thief series of stealth games, of which it is the fourth game.

Quoted from Wikipedia, lol.

LOL. I will atleast give this a chance. People get ahead of themselves way too quick.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Reviews are not good, at best decent enough for stealth gaming, but definitely not even close to the classics.

- Loading screens
- Worst story

- Quite easy
- No Modding support
- Mixed AI: Average to Good AI
- Few Glitches
- Not lengthy as past titles, both mission and story wise

+ Swoop ability
+ Lots to plunder
+ Beautiful
+ Fluidity in movements
+ Focus ability

Not picking it up for sure untill some mod support has been announced, otherwise not worth it, esp. for those with big expectations or have played the classics. For now, playing "The Dark Mod", that's the best choice for me to continue thief.

Simply, disappointed!!!..

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:27 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 26 February 2014 - 01:20 PM.

So I'm guessing when you pre order the game, they give you a promo code on your receipt for the Thief Companion App. so it's free?

edit: yes

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Review Time: Xbox One

After playing this for the first time last night I feel better this morning about this game. Okay, the reviews online are always off just a little bit in my opinion.

The loading screens are a little bit of a pain the butt. But someone like me that doesn't mind a 10-15 second break time to time. Not nothing for me to complain about. The review where it says this game is easy. They are way off. I am playing on the second to the easiest level. I had to replay one part atleast ten times because guys kept catching me. So it makes you start over when you do. So, No I don't think this game is as east as they come off about.  

The story is not that bad. I have seen worse in bigger titles than this one. The graphics are really good too. I am still getting used to the controls, its a little different but not bad. The companion app is okay. It takes your stats and mixes it with some other little do dads. Kinda nice I can look on the move.

I'm really enjoying sneaking around in this game.You will have to get by someone, so i pick up a bottle and throw it accross the way so it will distract them. I can choose to just sneak by or take them out quietly or just pick pocket them. The game has alot of "shiny" as I like to call it. Collectables and other things. Kinda reminds me of a Bioshock game where everything shines just a little so you know you can pick it up from a distance.  

This game is a good change of scenery, from only having played BF4, Ghosts, and Dead Rising 3 since next gen release in November, it is good. I would have atleast gave this title a 8.0-8.5 rating though. Not 6.0-6.9 like most sites did. Always remember GTA got a high rating of 9.whatever. No where near where it should have been. 8.0-8.5

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

always remember GTA got a high rating of 9.whatever. No where near where it should have been. 8.0-8.5

I disagree. GTA V is 10/10!

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

GTA V deserved an 11

Preusse
  • Preusse

König von Preußen

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Anyone here who already finished the game? If so, how long did it take for you?

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Thief Resolution Confirmed

PS4 - 1080p
XB1 - 900p

Both versions run at 30fps!

http://www.gamespot....k/1100-6417818/

"We can't really see the difference," says Thief game director Nicolas Cantin

Well good for you Nicky boy, but some people can. I understand that it's a business statement, wouldn't want to piss off Microsoft, one of it's largest allies and profit sharers, but man this is pretty cowardly.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:44 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 27 February 2014 - 12:46 PM.

always remember GTA got a high rating of 9.whatever. No where near where it should have been. 8.0-8.5

I disagree. GTA V is 10/10!

LOL, sure why not.  :catspider:

GTA V deserved an 11

LOL, totally dude  :lol:

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Shocking News:

The PS4 should be the front-runner given its 1080p presentation, but through the virtues of effective anti-aliasing, the 900p frame-buffer used on Xbox One holds its own in practice.However, the PS4's weaker texture filtering does factor into the comparison more visibly, with assets appearing blurrier than they should at a distance, and asset pop-in proving slightly more evident. Given that all other settings are a match between next-gen platforms, the Xbox One release - surprisingly - stacks up favourable against a maxed-out PC playthrough

XB1>PS4

More at:

http://www.eurogamer...xt-gen-face-off

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

Its hard to get all the collectables and loot on a level when using no guides. Its kinda cool you have to research a little too get the combinations to the safes too, you basically have to find documents that that are scattered throughout the map. They may not just give it to you in the documents either, sometimes its hidden in them. A secret room, a ledge above you, a roof top that leds to a room. All places they could be. Today I found a document with a picture of something and I have no idea what it means or where it leads to. I find out something new everyday.

Oh yeah, there are boobs on it too. They usually cover them up a little in games, but not this one. Full shot. Not that it mattered, I just thought I would throw that in there.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Oh yeah, there are boobs on it too. They usually cover them up a little in games, but not this one. Full shot. Not that it mattered, I just thought I would throw that in there.

OOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

Shocking News:

The PS4 should be the front-runner given its 1080p presentation, but through the virtues of effective anti-aliasing, the 900p frame-buffer used on Xbox One holds its own in practice.However, the PS4's weaker texture filtering does factor into the comparison more visibly, with assets appearing blurrier than they should at a distance, and asset pop-in proving slightly more evident. Given that all other settings are a match between next-gen platforms, the Xbox One release - surprisingly - stacks up favourable against a maxed-out PC playthrough

XB1>PS4

More at:

http://www.eurogamer...xt-gen-face-off

They used trilinear filtering for PS4. This isn't the 1990's. It's also badly optimized for the PS4. Apparently, it affected a lot of PC users too. :beerhat:

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

That Asylum mission was the best one and a lot of fun. Who knew a Thief game could be scary?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

It took me over an hour on the Asylum mission and I still didn't find everything. Good board.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:13 AM

Thief Resolution Confirmed

PS4 - 1080p
XB1 - 900p

Both versions run at 30fps!

http://www.gamespot....k/1100-6417818/

That it be but it definitely looked better on the One.

Not really into it, seems like another Creed but darker.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 18 March 2014 - 04:24 PM.

Okay chapter 6 in the Mansion takes a while. 75/90 loot found.

And I thought that I found most of it. LOL

Are the only side missions, other than client missions, is taking job's from Basso? I just finished 16 small jobs for him and went back to him to get 4 more. Is there anyone else other than Ector? I did one or two jobs for him. I might try and make my way back there to see if he has anymore. I think I have 2 more story missions left.  

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

The criticism is laughable. I know this is 2014, and loading screens should be dead by now, but seriously, games should learn to have some f*cking patience.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Underrated game. So far, this has to be the most underrated game I've seen.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

Okay, I went back to Ector and got another mission. I think this will be the third mission and I have 9/16 documents found before the start of the third mission. There must be a few more missions. I'll have to go back and talk to Vittori to see if he had more. Anyone try the dlc yet? Not the Bank mission but the other one.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

Vittori had no new missions.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

I just got this, voice acting is cheap, and not just Garrett's. too many cut scenes, i want to move freely without having a cutscene every two minutes. take downs are very generic and aren't satisfying. im still in the beginning of it, but so far im not that impressed. im just not feeling like a thief. im not getting the old Thief vibe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users