Photo

Thief 4

61 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 05 March 2013 - 05:52 PM.

http://imgur.com/a/ZxbVo

Game Informer has revealed Thief 4 in a tease for its April cover story.

"Series hero Garrett returns to the Gothic, industrial metropolis known simply as the City to steal any and everything that will make him richer," reads the summary. Unfortunately, the City is broiling with social tension as it is ravaged by a plague and lorded over by a political tyrant known as the Baron. In order to survive his adventures, Garrett will have to pay attention to his environment and make use of the may possible paths through each of the game's levels."

We knew Thief 4 was coming, but it's been awfully quiet on that front for a long time now. The coverage trailer below reveals the first images of the game.

Thief, as it will be called, is coming to PC, PS4 and "other next-gen platforms" in 2014, it would appear. It's been in development for years in Montreal, and series fans have been holding their breath for more information since 2009, when the game was officially announced.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Never heard of the series before. Who knows, maybe ill buy this game if it looks good and is noob-friendly.

Trailer doesnt really say anything at all about the game. So you steal stuff, great... now elaborate.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

I have a question, I'll ask it here.

Why do people get hyped over these types of games? This itself looks like some linear run and gun scripted level game. We've had those for many years, aren't people bored?

There's literally nothing known about this game that makes it interesting. Why are people hyped?

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Thief was, back then, the first "first-person" game to do stealth effectively. It had a great story and a fantastic world full of lore and mystery. The thing about this series is that you have to play it with a pace in mind; run by or take your time?

Eidos Montreal did a fantastic job on Deus Ex: Human Revolution, they took it back to the core roots of Deus Ex which I enjoyed very much. I'm sure they'll do the same job with Thief.

-Wheatley

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 14:48)
Never heard of the series before. Who knows, maybe ill buy this game if it looks good and is noob-friendly.

Trailer doesnt really say anything at all about the game. So you steal stuff, great... now elaborate.

how old are you ? - THIEF made the stealth genre mainstream.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 20:52)

Why do people get hyped over these types of games? This itself looks like some linear run and gun scripted level game. We've had those for many years, aren't people bored?

There's literally nothing known about this game that makes it interesting. Why are people hyped?

Because it's not a run and gun scripted level game. If you actually knew what kind of game Thief was you wouldn't say that we know nothing about it that makes it interesting. Friendly advice: stop talking out of your ass.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

This itself looks like some linear run and gun scripted level game.

I've never even played Thief but I can tell that it definitely isn't. How the hell does it look like that to you?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 19:52)

It's Thief 4, that's a number. Which means there have been three other Thief s.

I've played two of the Thief games, and they're not much like that.

You get to decide how you finish level. Contained puzzles, mazes and you had to prevent being seen (somehow). I didn't play it very long though, didn't enjoy it that much, maybe because it was too difficult. Like having to shoot out a torch with an arrow so guards wouldn't see you and missing twenty times in a row, thus getting detected.

The first three games were ment for quite a specific audience though, so not all players know of it. I wouldn't say everyone is hyped about it, but people who're into the series and/or stealth games are.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by Majestic81, 06 March 2013 - 04:02 AM.

Oh f*ck yes, I got hooked up ever since i played Deadly Shadows, I hope Garrett's voice actor remain the same. it wouldn't feel like a thief game if they changed him.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:23 AM Edited by kudoboi, 06 March 2013 - 10:36 AM.

edit: duplicate

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Most of them are in my first post.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Looks good so far. Reminds me a lot of Dishonored for some reason.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 10:36)
Looks good so far. Reminds me a lot of Dishonored for some reason.

That's probably because Dishonored developers were inspired be the Thief series in the first place.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Awesome!

Hope its as good as the previous three games, probably a pre-order in my mind. (GTA and this are probably some of the only games I'd pre-order)

And from some of the comments, its being made by the Human Revolution developers? Probably a good thing, HR was a great game.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 21:39)

Because it's not a run and gun scripted level game. If you actually knew what kind of game Thief was you wouldn't say that we know nothing about it that makes it interesting. Friendly advice: stop talking out of your ass.

Damn, if you think Thief is a run and gun game, you need to sit down and actually play the previous games before you make such claims tounge.gif .

I never got too deep in the previous games myself, but I played them and they are pretty open.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

You should actually do some research before you post. you couldn't be further from the truth, its the totally opposite to run and gun, and its open world too.

http://www.gameinfor...d-of-thief.aspx

This looks like its going to be one hell of a game.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

If you'd ever played a thief game you'd know how wrong you are.
The one and only thief game I played Deadly Shadows was an awesome experiance.
You can steal from people, don't have to, and sell to a fence.

But the missions are the best thing, there was a mission in an abandoned insane asylum and it was creepy f*ck because it was haunted.

IDK how to best explain it really, but if this sticks to its roots, it'll be one of the best games you'll ever play.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Why the f*ck did they replace Stephen russell? sad.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

thief on ps4 might be capped at 30FPS

The next-gen console versions of Thief will likely be capped at 30 frames per second, Eidos Montreal producer Stephane Roy has suggested, telling VideoGamer.com that he would "prefer to have better physics" in PS4 Thief than a smoother "60 frames per second frame rate".

"For a shooter it's a no-brainer. The higher the frame rate is, the better it is." Roy told us, when asked if his team would be striving to achieve a high frame rate on next-gen consoles.

"On my side, the type of game I'm going to work on... I don't want to put extra pressure on the team just because we can do it if it's not a necessity. If the players see nothing different, maybe I would prefer to have better physics and stuff like that and not this 60 frames per second frame rate."

Roy's comments reflect those made by id programmer John Carmack last year, who predicted that "a lot of next gen games will still target 30 fps".

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

I didn't really play any Game from this series so can someone please introduce me to it , cause after I saw the trailer I got excited

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by badboy_zay, 09 April 2013 - 04:28 AM.

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 04:10)
I didn't really play any Game from this series so can someone please introduce me to it , cause after I saw the trailer I got excited

if you can handle 1998 graphic and familiar with stealth genre, then this game is for you. since it's an old game, the stealth mechanic will nothing like modern gen, so it will require some skill and patience
try to play it from the first game to Deadly Shadow. it's a great series, there is no reason to miss it

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 04:24)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 04:10)

if you can handle 1998 graphic and familiar with stealth genre, then this game is for you. since it's an old game, the stealth mechanic will nothing like modern gen, so it will require some skill and patience
try to play it from the first game to Deadly Shadow. it's a great series, there is no reason to miss it

Ya I can handle the graphics I had the N64 and PS1

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

When are we gonna see some gameplay? and i dont think ill get this game because of the new voice actor.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 17 December 2013 - 09:24 AM.

Just seen a trailer for this last night on XBL. I love stealth games. Although, I've heard of the series, I know little to nothing about it. I love getting in to acclaimed games when  I know barely anything. It's all new and everything is a surprise! :D

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Just seen a trailer for this last night on XBL. I love stealth games. Although, I've heard of the series, I know little to nothing about it. I love getting in to acclaimed games when  I know barely anything. It's all new and everything is a surprise! :D

You've missed out if you've never played a Thief game before. I've played Thief since The Dark Project and it's awesome. One of the best (if not THE best) stealth game series' ever made. The Dark Project and Deadly Shadows (the last one) are the best imo, but Deadly Shadows is my favourite...

It's been a long time since the last Thief game, so I'm super stoked for this new one. Looks amazing! I've missed Garrett! :)
  • Mister Pink likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 18 February 2014 - 07:58 PM.

Just traded my Watch Dogs reservation that was paid in full for Thief. Really looking forward to this title. There is no season pass or anything which is nice for a change. Anyone else getting?

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

Thief Resolution Confirmed

PS4 - 1080p
XB1 - 900p

Both versions run at 30fps!

http://www.gamespot....k/1100-6417818/

1 user(s) are reading this topic