Photo

Can the game be 100% in a month's time?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic
Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Dr Kain, 21 March 2013 - 12:14 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 19:24)
QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 18:48)
Okay, either something is wrong with my game or the strategy guide.†

The Guides usually have errors, not the game.

This is the best Map:
Snapshots Map
You can click on the Number to see the Photo Icon.

Well I only need 3 left of the Photo Ops, but they are in places where I am automatically given a 4 star wanted level when I go to get them, which sucks.

Anyway, now I'm trying to does those stupid Chilian races and they are a pain in the ass. I wouldn't mind having to restart them if they would start me at the top of the mountain automatically to do so.

BTW, Angel Pine worked great for the Ambulance missions. I did it in less than 15 minutes, which was nice since they usually take me about 45-60 minutes.

EDIT: I am convinced this game does not want me beating the second chilian race. Every time I am in first place and way ahead of everyone else and I go over the cliff, I die instead of get put back on the track. Then, if I am in first and coming down to the final two checkpoints, my bike just stops moving until everyone else has gone ahead of me, making me lose the race. This has happened to me 5 times and the falling off thing has happened 3 times. But, if I am in any other place and I fall off the cliff (even at the same spot from the one I died at) and I fall off my bike in the process, I am set back on the track. -_-

Anyway, I'm just going to move on for now. I am tired of redoing this stupid race, having to go all of the way to the top of the mountain, rinse and repeat. I'm on attempt number 23 and it is time to do something else.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 21 March 2013 - 05:34 AM.

The photo ops took me longer than the tags, horseshoes & oysters presumably because the ops can only be taken at specific times. The only op that gave me trouble was this one: http://www.g-unleash...16_photo29b.jpg presumably because if you get too close to that military vessel, you'll get 5 stars. The image is not by me, by the way.

The vigilante mission topic title is "Achieve triple digits levels on vigilante mission". I'll pm it to you. I advise not going past level 300 because at that point, it induces negative glitches.

As for the Chiliad race, make sure your cycling skill is maximized. I suggest riddling up ahead with dozens of satchel charges, activate the race and when the competitors reach the charges, detonate them.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

^actually what I did there is go to the ship(yeah its 5 stars already), kill pistol using cops using minigun, then finally getaway w/hydra.
Don't even think of getting away with the maverick, hydra is faster and the chopper is prone to getting hit by missiles.
That part is a bit easy, just make sure you fly carefully. Just bail out of the plane in low altitude and make sure you're near the garage if you're ever going to bail out.

Finishing Vertical Bird is easier if you're going to do this.

If the plan is to make a starter save, then sorry I can't help. confused.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:17 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 21 March 2013 - 05:20 AM.

Yeah, I gave it another 8 attempts after doing the 6 trucking missions and the first Truth mission and I still cannot beat it. My cycling skills are maxed, have been since before I even got halfway through the Sweet missions and I still cannot beat it. Once again I got to the second to last checkpoint and my bike just starts spinning out of control and I end up in 6th place. Then I tried Youtube videos and they don't help. The people on there seem to be perfect because the one guy somehow got so far ahead that even after messing up three times there was still no cyclist to compete against him. That is utter bs because I can't make it past 5 checkpoints when I am in the lead without someone taking the lead on me no matter how flawless I am.

On the other note, at what point in the game do I no longer acquire 4 stars on on that spot in San Fierro that I need to get the two oysters and photo op from?

Anyway, I'm done for the next few days.

Addict, thanks for the link, but I'm trying to play the game without using a single cheat.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Complete the "Yay-Kaboom-boom" mission and answer the call from Toreno then the desert & bridges will not induce wanted levels. The military vessel will (regardless of the point in the game) always induce 5 stars.

Did you try the satchel method during the Chiliad race?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 05:38)
The military vessel will (regardless of the point in the game) always induce 5 stars.

Getting the photo op on the Attack Transport is easy once you know (or have a good idea) that it is above the missile batter.
You can get it from the quay by the Ferry building, from the center of the Bridge, and from a boat out of the 'want zone' by using the Zoom on the Camera and snapping the shot. It doesn't matter if you can see the op or not. Just take the shot. This works on many other ops as well.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Just a heads up, the two player rampages are not required.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 05:38)
Complete the "Yay-Kaboom-boom" mission and answer the call from Toreno then the desert & bridges will not induce wanted levels. The military vessel will (regardless of the point in the game) always induce 5 stars.

Did you try the satchel method during the Chiliad race?

Wait, if I always induce a wanted level, how am I supposed to get the oysters and have time to find and take the Photo Op? I can't exactly do those when I need to run around to avoid getting shot at.

If I try to take out my opponents I get disqualified. Plus, where would I get satchels from?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Shot the Marine Assault ship from outside the Want Zone.
ALL the Photo Ops can be taken without wanted stars after the San Fierro Island is open.
Heliocopters are good for getting to the tough vantage points. You can steal the maverick by jumping the guard house.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 25 March 2013 - 03:19 AM.

Wow, so I made it through the second Chilian race today on my second try and then beat the third one on my 7th try. YAY!!! I did buy Satchels but had no idea how I was supposed to use them since it would not let me select them while on my bike.

Oh, I also got all of the remaining Photo Ops, however, the only two Oysters I need left at this point are the two in the Easter Basin that I cannot get due to always get wanted levels. I'll have to wait until I am actually in San Fierro to have safe houses there so I can attempt them.

I'm also having problems with the 500 bike challenge as I cannot get the two rings that are by the ramp because my bike will not fly over to them.

Oh yeah, and when do the next Ammunation challenges appear? I'm still only getting the pistol and SMG challenges instead of the other two guns.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

The two Oyster Bay (naval station) can be picked up by keeping the Cigarette Boat handy.
Get after collecting the oysters use the boat to make a run for Blueberry Safe House. Drive it right up onto beach with as fast a speed as it can muster. Then Using the 'Super-Sprint' you gained from the Burglary sub-mission run for the safe house.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:48 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 25 March 2013 - 11:40 PM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 03:31)
The two Oyster Bay (naval station) can be picked up by keeping the Cigarette Boat handy.
Get after collecting the oysters use the boat to make a run for Blueberry Safe House. Drive it right up onto beach with as fast a speed as it can muster. Then Using the 'Super-Sprint' you gained from the Burglary sub-mission run for the safe house.

I got them as I waited until I finished the Badlands missions.

I have to say, burning the pot plants is still awesome, but after playing the one you do in Far Cry 3, this just seemed so tame.

Oh, and I got the NRG-500 challenge done too. YAY!!!

Tomorrow it will be time to hit up the stadium and any other side missions I can now take on like the courier one.

EDIT: OMG, i actually beat Supply Lines. It took me an hour and a half and about 20 tries to do it, but I finally beat it, for the first time ever. mercie_blink.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

So I need some help. I have completed the driving school (except, I cannot get a Silver for crap in the driving around one, not even going to attempt gold), but no flag icons are showing up on my map to do the races. Am I missing something? Everywhere I go tells me I need to complete the driving school to activate them, but nothing is happening.

Secondly, so I have 100% Katie. Is there anything else I need to do with her? Any reason I should even care if it drops down? She is the first g/f I have ever 100%, let alone reached 20% with, in this game.

Nevertheless, my plan to just spend the day doing the races has been wasted since none are appearing.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

"Entry added to log on Friday, Jan 18 2013, 16:46 Reminder Dude, you just posted quadruple times in succession. Don't do that. Use the EDIT button if you wish to add anything to your previous post."

Just a heads up that consecutive posting may get you warned.

As for Katie, you can even kill her and it won't influence your game. Remember, getting 100% with the girlfriends is not required to complete the game 100%. However, most girlfriends will give you a unique outfit upon 100% status whereas Millie will give you a key card (at 40%) to rob Caligulas later.

Driving school completion enables Wang Cars for purchase; Wang cars purchase unlocks the car stealing missions. Complete the Puncture Wounds mission, purchase the Verdant Meadows airstrip, you will then get another phone call From Jethro unlocking the race tournaments.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

Driving school completion enables Wang Cars for purchase

Actually, it's Driving school AND the Ya Ka Boom mission that unlocks it..Then, it's just the Puncture Wounds mission that unlocks the races(if memory serves me right?)..Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

you just posted quadruple times in succession. Don't do that. Use the EDIT button if you wish to add anything to your previous post."

No he didn't-he double posted, and that was after no replys for a whole day. The rest of the time lil weasal posted in between on the last few. As I was told by a Moderator back in the day, it is OK to bump your post after a certain period, as long as you add to the topic....Just a heads up.. smile.gif

Also, IF you kill Katie, you will no longer get the benefit of keeping your weapons after getting Wasted anymore, if memory serves me right? confused.gif

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

^yes. same goes with killing barbara if you get busted.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

Just a note as well... Finish asset missions as well. Not only guaranteed way to 100% but also gives you money, if you can collect it. wink.gif Also I don't recommend killing some girlfriends since they do give you some special abilities just like what @radioman and @RyujinXKaizer.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Collecting all the Oysters means all the GFs will like CJ regardless of how he looks, and allows CJ to keep them even if he ceases to date them. To Kill GFs for any reason is a foolish move and needless.
Killing Denise, and Millie will end their existance for ever, as there is NO way to get them back without restarting the game at a point before they die. It has been said the Others can be remet at their original locations, if you have the Oysters.
Regarding the Races, Jethro calls CJ to annouce them after CJ opens the Last Island.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 01:21)
"Entry added to log on Friday, Jan 18 2013, 16:46 Reminder Dude, you just posted quadruple times in succession. Don't do that. Use the EDIT button if you wish to add anything to your previous post."

Just a heads up that consecutive posting may get you warned.

As for Katie, you can even kill her and it won't influence your game. Remember, getting 100% with the girlfriends is not required to complete the game 100%. However, most girlfriends will give you a unique outfit upon 100% status whereas Millie will give you a key card (at 40%) to rob Caligulas later.

Driving school completion enables Wang Cars for purchase; Wang cars purchase unlocks the car stealing missions. Complete the Puncture Wounds mission, purchase the Verdant Meadows airstrip, you will then get another phone call From Jethro unlocking the race tournaments.

No I didn't. I posted once yesterday and then once today. Lil weasel was the post before yesterday's post. As such< I waited the 24 hours before adding another post under my own.

Anyway, I know, but I figured why the hell not. Plus, I believe now that I 100% her I don't have to pay when I am wasted. Or did I read that wrong?

Where is Wang Cars? That icon hasn't appeared yet.

Oh, you mean the race tournaments don't show up yet? Well that is odd, the strategy guide says you can do them right after the driving school. -_-

This guide seems very inaccurate. Thank the gods I am only using it for the item locations and to know about the side stuff I need for 100%. I'd hate to see how wrong it is when it comes to the missions and crap.

A few more questions while I am thinking about it:

1. When do I get to do the shotgun and Ak47 challenges in Ammunation? I keep going back, but I keep getting placed in the handgun round again. I already did both the handgun and SMG ones.

2. Is there any benefit to bothering with Denise or the girl in the driving school?

3. How long does it take the money to add up on my assets? For example, I drive all of the way back to LS, but the store where I did the courier mission at seems to be generating money very slowly. I'll leave Zero's place alone for several days game time and it never reaches the full $5000.

4. How are you supposed to achieve the Unique Stunt Jump on the areas in San Fierro that do not have a ramp? Like one of them tells me to just drive off the cliff, and I do that, but all he does is crash into the houses below.

Anyway, that is all of the questions I can think of for now. I know there was another, but I'll probably think of it tomorrow when I am playing. It blows though because I guess I am back to having to do story missions now.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

• Don't double post unless your topic moves off the Page.
• 100% dating merely means you get the 'Special Clothing', nothing more. At 50% you received the keys to her Car. When you get to Millie (my favorite because of her attitude) you only meet her and do Two dates weaing the gimp suit to achieve the purpose intended, you can of course date her to 50% if you want to get her car keys. You already have the special suit.)

1. After the Last Island is open.
2. The girl from the Driving School (Michelle) has her own REPAIR shop for FREE repairing of CJ's vehicles.
3. Figure about 24 hours for the money to reach max. (Do sub-missions to earn money if you need it 'fast'.)
4. (pass) I never did them.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

I'm not sure which jump is giving you trouble, but here's my Katie Jump Conspiracy video showing all 14 of the San Fierro unique stunt jumps. Perhaps it will help clear up any confusion.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 06:22)
I'm not sure which jump is giving you trouble, but here's my Katie Jump Conspiracy video showing all 14 of the San Fierro unique stunt jumps. Perhaps it will help clear up any confusion.

The first one is 1:38 in your video when you have to hit the ramp that is above the tunnel and you fly down onto the street with Katie's house. I keep doing it, I keep getting anywhere from 286FT to 303FT but I am not getting the Stunt Jump award. Secondly, the one that is at 2:11 in your video. Even on the 500 my bike is unable to make that jump.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

You are probably getting too much height on the jump over the tunnel and clearing the goal zone. Just take it easy it'll score.

The jump down to the hospital is really tricky. Take a close look at the lip of that jump and notice the grassy bump that is a little higher on one side. Lean forward as you hit the high spot to get a little extra height on takeoff.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 18:46)
You are probably getting too much height on the jump over the tunnel and clearing the goal zone. Just take it easy it'll score.

The jump down to the hospital is really tricky. Take a close look at the lip of that jump and notice the grassy bump that is a little higher on one side. Lean forward as you hit the high spot to get a little extra height on takeoff.

I got the one above the tunnel, but I still cannot get the other one. It doesn't matter though, as I have moved on.

I have completed the San Fierro missions and am now in the desert. I haven't bothered to do any of the missions yet, but I have 47 of the oysters acquired. The only ones left are right by the ? to start Toreno's stuff. I also started going out with Barbara so I can avoid losing my weapons if I am ever busted now.

However, they took my weapons away from me again!!! wow.gif

I had over 800 bullets for my AK47, 1299 for my shotgun, 5000 rounds for my SMG, 267 bullets for my silencer pistol, 14 rockets, and a crap tone of satchel charges. I wanted to cry.

Nevertheless, the last few missions in San Fierro were awesome. I really wish you could have killed Jizzy in stealth though, as it sucks sneaking your way into his club just to have to do a gun fight with his guards and then a car chase, especially when the next missions is a gun fight and a boat chase. In fact, I wish there were more stealth missions where you got to actually be just that, stealthy, rather than scripted events. Let me decide whether I want to take out a kingpin with stealth or in a gun fight chase sequence.

Anyway, with all of the time I have spent in the desert, I should head back to San Fierro as I figure my asset dollars have been maxed off and I need to collect them.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

Those stupid asset never seem to increase as expected. I put on on the shipwreck in the chain game saves that refuses to build unless CJ is close enough for it to spawn. The normal ones are a bit better but it still helps to be in the general area. However, with the races opening up, and export missions a little ways off, you should soon have tons of cash, but there is no reason to waste it on ammo.

When you get annoyed enough by the game stealing your weapons and ammo try looking up the ammu-nation challenge glitch that doubles your existing ammo for many of the common weapons.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Thursday, Mar 28 2013, 05:37)
I have completed the San Fierro missions and am now in the desert. I haven't bothered to do any of the missions yet, but I have 47 of the oysters acquired.
However, they took my weapons away from me again!!! wow.gif

You LOST the weapons when the 'copter crashed. The game gave you a chance to rearm before entering the Ship entry marker.
• You only need a few hundred (500 tops) bullets, except for the Mini-Gun (A weapon that is best replaced by a Missile Launcher).
• Check out the 2012 Weapons Guide for replacements.
• You could use a chainsaw in an upcoming mission.
• The only time more than 2,000 rounds is useful is when doing the Vigilante Mission, when not using the Hunter or Rhino.
If want to quickly rearm, Use the Ammu-nation glitch to add ammo. (It is not a cheat.)

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, strategy guides are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Wang cars doesn't have a unique icon. The icon is identical to safe house for sale icons (if unlocked) or safe house not for sale icons (if not unlocked). It's located in the showroom next to the Pay N' Spray and Transfender near Doherty.

1. After the "Lure "mission (where you decoy Da Nang boys into Whetstone), The final shooting range weapon (AK-47) becomes available for purchase and the shooting challenge. However, you must redo the Pistol & Uzi rounds, then do the shotgun round and then the AK-47 round consecutively.

2. If you perceive the Racing suit (unlocked via 100% with Michelle) or Free car sprays at her house as beneficial, yes; If you perceive the Pimp Suit (unlocked via 100% with Denise) beneficial, yes. Barbara will give you a police outfit at 100%, so she is worth it.

3. Varies for each asset.

4. Can't help with stunt jumps. They aren't required for 100%, so I never bothered.

Unfortunately, many missions swipe your weapons or replace them. After you beat Green Sabre, that was made apparent. Just get a weapon (MP5, for example) go to Ammunation, enter the shooting range and immediately exit. Your ammo will double free of charge. Sadly, this doesn't work with all weapons. The silenced pistol, MP5, M4, Desert Eagle, Sawed-Off Shotgun and Spaz12 will increase in ammo. Micro Uzi, AK-47, Rifle, Sniper Rifle, and thrown weapon will not increase in ammo. The regular shotgun though, will deplete in ammo.

When you kill Jizzy, I don't see the silenced pistols point. I mean, you kill him after yelling at him in front of everyone, so why conceal the guns noise? As for Pier 69, do not swim after Ryder. Just zoom in on him with a Sniper rifle and shoot.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Mar 28 2013, 14:09)
When you get annoyed enough by the game stealing your weapons and ammo try looking up the ammu-nation challenge glitch that doubles your existing ammo for many of the common weapons.

this. Try going to a free weapon pickup(like the m4 in LS airport) then go to ammu nation. It will save money.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Wow, today was a weird day in the game. Well, not really, but I call it weird because I actually got a gold in every pilot school challenge. wow.gif mercie_blink.gif

I never expected that to happen. As such, I now have myself a nice Hunter to travel around, which I also used to beat the Vigilante missions.

Not only that, but I beat the obstacle course challenge at the Las Venturas stadium. On the other hand, the bike racing one is kicking my ass. I cannot even get close to first place. In fact, whoever came up with the slow and steady wins the race saying never played this race. I tried that, I ended up in 8th place. I tried moving as quick as possible, I ended up in 6th place. That is the highest I have made it, 6th place. Even when I don't fall off my bike or crash I end up in 6th. I think I made it to 1st place once and then I ended up crashing and was sent right back into 10th place after I finally got back on my bike. It is insane and annoying since that one only occurs two days of the week.

Still, I got a gold in the entire Pilot School, holy ****!!!! Usually I can barely even make bronze.

Of course, I still have NOE to play, which I am really not looking forward to doing. suicidal.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Two ways to do N.O.E. (nap of the Earth):
Flight path 1. Head north after take off and fly along the coast until youíre south of the Corona. Fly in and back out. Return along the Coast to home.
Flight path 2: Turn south after take off. Fly skirting the Area 69. Heading to the factory (watch out for the lamp post) and then down towards the Santa Maria Lighthouse. Fly along the southern coast until you are south of the Corona. Fly in and out. Retrace the steps home.
Remember the Land rises and falls so you can keep a level course, donít panic when the alarm sounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users