Can the game be 100% in a month's time?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic
ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

There is no way to get body armour to spawn in your savehouse, unless you are using chain game save. Yes, NGR is fastest motorbike in the game. And flying races are actually pretty easy, there is no timelimit so just take your time and you should be able to complete them easily. smile.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Wait, do the stunt jumps not count towards 100%? Both the strategy guide and a few people on gameFAQs say it does not.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

No stunt jumps are not required for 100% completion.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:19 PM Edited by lil weasel, 16 March 2013 - 07:22 PM.

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 11:41)
How in the world would you define a cute weapon? If someone was pointing a gun at my face the last thing that would be running through my head is how cute a gun is.

A 'cute' weapon is one that is not effective but looks good (cool), or sounds like fun in the mind of the Player.

The Shotguns, especially the double barrel has a nice sound, looks amusing when fired. all the shotguns require too much time to reload in the Gang Wars .

The Mini-Gun. Also looks impressive, needs too much ammo, can't be handled well. Won't shoot through wallls/hedges/decks.

The Pistols other than the DE require too many shots to kill. The DE only takes a short while to develope the OS-OK ability.

Sub-Machine guns work well when driving a motorcycles/vehicles only because there is no other weapon that can be used while operting a vehicle.

This is a GAME, no one is pointing at your FACE.
The Idea is to complete the combat in the GAME. If you want to make a statement regarding real life You would be hard pressed to carry a standard sidearm and two clips of ammo, plus a rifle with two clips of ammo. The comic element of the stuff CJ has concealed in his drawers, well ...
Think about it.
I'm repeating myself:
Molotov Cocktails and Missile Launchers kill groups in one shot. Mass and quick killing is the key to Gang Wars. When they hide behind walls and hedges you can't kill them with the mini-gun/shotguns.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 18:40)
No stunt jumps are not required for 100% completion.

Oh thank the gods for that. Thank you, you just saved me some annoyances.

BTW, today I completed the Taxi, Firefighter, and the BMX challenge today.

I have no idea why, but I cannot make it through the Ambulance one in this game. I can make it up to LVL8 and then I mess up because of the old ladies and/or the cops. I hate spending an hour getting up to 8 and then having to start over.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

Easy paramedic mission completion:

First, remove the ambulances doors (preferably with a baseball bat or chainsaw) so patients can get in faster. The best place to do this is Angel Pine because all patients are clustered in that vicinity. In Los Santos, Las Venturas, San Fierro, and other parts of the countryside (Fort Carson, El Quebrados, etc) the patients are scattered allover. Also, in Angel Pine the farthest patient appears only about ten seconds from the medical center. I finished the missions in under ten minutes. Cops don't appear very often which will help your wanted level remain low.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 04:03)
Easy paramedic mission completion:

First, remove the ambulances doors (preferably with a baseball bat or chainsaw) so patients can get in faster. The best place to do this is Angel Pine because all patients are clustered in that vicinity. In Los Santos, Las Venturas, San Fierro, and other parts of the countryside (Fort Carson, El Quebrados, etc) the patients are scattered allover. Also, in Angel Pine the farthest patient appears only about ten seconds from the medical center. I finished the missions in under ten minutes. Cops don't appear very often which will help your wanted level remain low.

Which part of the map was that at?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:58 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 17 March 2013 - 06:01 AM.

The part of the map you end up in upon completion of the "Green Sabre" mission. If you go into Angel Pine before completing that mission, you'll instantly get a 4 star wanted level. The easiest place to do the ambulance missions suddenly becomes the hardest when you have a 4 star wanted level.

Images of Angel Pine:

1: http://images3.wikia...TASA-Aerial.jpg

2: http://images3.wikia...e-GTASA-Map.jpg

A walk through (not done by me - I would do it faster):

Part 1:

Part 2

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Guess I'll hold off on doing the ambulance missions then.

So I guess there is nothing left for me to do at this point in the game until I open up the races in LS.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 14:54)
Guess I'll hold off on doing the ambulance missions then.

Los Santos is fine for doing the paramedic mission.
Remember even if you fail you get to keep the money.
As said, knock off the doors with Fists. Using a weapon may set it on fire.
Drive 'Bee Line' to get where you are going. Roads are a suggestion. If people get in the way (except cops) go over them. That includes "Former" patients.
You can't waste time, seconds count. The physics don't apply to the Ambulance until the seventh level. You can take remarkable chances with sub-mission vehicles (until the seventh level).
Each area his its problem.
Angel Pine had me going into the mountain roads, which I found almost impossible in the higher levels.
For the Most part the Patients are going to be in the same places, you'll notice this when you've done them a few times.
Remember you get to keep the money.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

FYI - Zero's missions (which you said you had trouble with in the past) are way easier in later editions of the game, including PC and the PSN version.

You may have already done them by now but thought I'd say it anyway.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Dr Kain, what console (PC, PS2, PS3, XBOX) do you use and do you play the regular San Andreas or the Special Edition/Trilogy? These factors can influence outcomes. I use PS2 and in my experience (and displayed in the videos I linked) you don't leave Angel Pine let alone get close to a mountain. If you do it in Los Santos (advised against based off earlier mentioned points, if you use PS2), activate the missions near the Market hospital rather than the Jefferson hospital unless you takeover Ballas territory in Jefferson. Angel Pine has very little traffic and that looks to be the same on all consoles. You can use fists to remove the ambulance doors too, but it takes awhile. Melee weapons take about 30 seconds of bashing to set a car on fire. It only takes 3 seconds to remove the doors with a chainsaw. Ultimately, you need to see what works best for you.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

I'm playing it on the PS3 as I bought it off PSN.

And I haven't touched any missions past Sweet's Girl as I am trying to do all of the side stuff before I continue any further.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Just to clarify, neither the Burglary missions, gang territory (well, you need about 40% gang territory to do the final mission, but not 100%) nor the girlfriends are required for 100% completion.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Well, of coarse it is possible to get 100% in less than a month's time-just look at the Chain Game, there are many rounds that have been done in less than a month's time-lol lol.gif tounge2.gif

The key is to do ALL available stuff-races(except for the SF to LV one and one Air Race, as those cannot be done unless you have a version that does not have barriers until the barriers are removed), ALL side missions, Collectibles, etc. BEFORE touching the Grove St. area in Compton to start the official storyline. What I always do, is right after getting dropped off in the ally in Watts I go get a car and start the side missions(Paramedic, Vigilante, Fire Fighter, Taxi, Burglury(for Infinite Sprint), and Pimping...collecting guns and ammo along the way, then I go do the Street Races in LA to get them out of the way, then go do the ones in SF and then in LV...Then I do the collectibles(ALL), then do the Courier Missions(All 3), Then the Stadium Events and NRG 500, and BMX, Buying ALL available safe houses in between, etc. Then when I have no further side stuff to do at the time, I then start the storyline...

Note, to make it easier to keep track of, I use the SnP uploader tool to check the checklist to see what I have and haven't done yet..

Note: on the barriers, I always use a Chain Game starter save, so most of the time I do not have the barriers in place(normal V2 game), also, as such some of the stuff I listed may be a Chain Game exclusive at the beginning of the game, so just a heads up-lol tounge2.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by Dr Kain, 18 March 2013 - 08:38 PM.

Oh **** me!!!

I was on LVL12 of the Ambulance in the Market area and I accidentally pressed down on R3 when I went to turn my siren back on. confused.gif sad.gif

I've never had this happen before and it blows. It should ask you if you are sure you want to quit.

Just to clarify, neither the Burglary missions, gang territory (well, you need about 40% gang territory to do the final mission, but not 100%) nor the girlfriends are required for 100% completion.

What about things like the low rider challenges?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I did that on the Taxi missions, but luckily, you don't need to do all the fares in one session. You can do 10 today, 10 tomorrow, 10 the next day and when you reach 50, it'll still count as passing. Heck, you can even do 1 a day for 50 days. Too bad the other vehicle missions aren't that way.

The low-rider challenge isn't required and nor are the "Beat the cock" (neither Palomino Creek nor Santa Maria) races required.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:46 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 19 March 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Okay, coo, because I don't think I'd be able to beat the lowrider one. Granted, when it appears on my map I'll give it a try.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

Just to curb confusion, the "Caesar Vialpando" low-rider story mission is required. The low-rider side mission activated by talking to the Russian guy with the grey suit is not required. Also, do not confuse Ryders "Home Invasion" story mission (required) with the burglary side missions (not required).

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 03:34)
Just to curb confusion, the "Caesar Vialpando" low-rider story mission is required. The low-rider side mission activated by talking to the Russian guy with the grey suit is not required. Also, do not confuse Ryders "Home Invasion" story mission (required) with the burglary side missions (not required).

I'm not. However, I'm having a problem finding a box van so I can do any burglary missions.

Anyway, I've done all of the missions I can do for Ryder, Sweet, Big Smoke, and OG thus far, along with all 10 Pimping missions.

In fact, thank the gods the hookers are fast because I had to rescue the hooker from the dude and after I beat him up, someone started shooting at my car and just as the hooker gave me my run and the game said the mission was completed, my car caught on fire. I would have been piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed had that happened before finishing it. As for Vigilante, I want to wait until I can get a tank before I do them. I found in VC and VCS it is easier to acquire the tank and do the vigilante missions that way than it is to try them with a normal cop care.

Before I go to Tenpenny in the doughnut shop I'm going to do the courier mission that is supposed to be somewhere in Commerce.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

However, I'm having a problem finding a box van so I can do any burglary missions.

The Boxville for Burglury is in the apt. complex near the Gym in Ganton... smile.gif

About the tank, it is a little different in SA than other GTA's...in that the turret is controlled by the camera angle in this game. So, Vigilante with the tank is a little harder in SA as compared to previous GTA's...

The Courier missions are at the 7-11(24-7) store in Commerce...Just get on the bike out front to start them... smile.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 20:18)
However, I'm having a problem finding a box van so I can do any burglary missions.

The Boxville for Burglury is in the apt. complex near the Gym in Ganton... smile.gif

About the tank, it is a little different in SA than other GTA's...in that the turret is controlled by the camera angle in this game. So, Vigilante with the tank is a little harder in SA as compared to previous GTA's...

The Courier missions are at the 7-11(24-7) store in Commerce...Just get on the bike out front to start them... smile.gif

Yeah, I got both the courier and burglar stuff done.

As for the tank, it is no big deal, I can handle that. I cannot do Vigilante for crap in a car and especially not on a bike, so the tank is my only way to go.

Anyway, I'm now in Angel Pine, but I cannot find the Ambulance for anything even though the maps I look at in the guide say it is right next to my safe house.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by lil weasel, 20 March 2013 - 04:56 AM.

It is a couple of blocks South/West of the Safe House.
Drive the perimeter streets to find it.
Alternate is to go grab the Meatwagon from else where and drive it back.
When you start the sub-mission in Angel Pine the Hospital will be indicated on the map.
http://en.wikigta.or...TA_San_Andreas)

I still say it's easier in the center of Los Santos.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:03 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 20 March 2013 - 06:03 AM.

Ambulances sometimes do not spawn at the Angel Pine medical center, so just take an Ambulance from wherever, bring it into Angel Pine and press R3. Judging by Youtube videos, most people agree Angel Pine is best for Ambulance missions.

As for vigilante missions, I know a tactic where you can get to level 800, but I can't mention cheats or tricks outside of the "Cheats & Tricks" section. I posted a topic about it there if you're interested. The next best suggestion is to get all gold medals in Pilot school and then a Hunter helicopter will spawn on Verdant Meadows. It's better than the tank because it can fly (obviously) and rockets as well as machine guns be be fired from it. The Hunter is better than the Rhino tank.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 05:03)
Ambulances sometimes do not spawn at the Angel Pine medical center, so just take an Ambulance from wherever, bring it into Angel Pine and press R3. Judging by Youtube videos, most people agree Angel Pine is best for Ambulance missions.

As for vigilante missions, I know a tactic where you can get to level 800, but I can't mention cheats or tricks outside of the "Cheats & Tricks" section. I posted a topic about it there if you're interested. The next best suggestion is to get all gold medals in Pilot school and then a Hunter helicopter will spawn on Verdant Meadows. It's better than the tank because it can fly (obviously) and rockets as well as machine guns be be fired from it. The Hunter is better than the Rhino tank.

Yeah, I remember trying the Hunter in VCS and couldn't even hit my first Vigilante target. No thank you. Trying to get a gold medal in flying is asking me to spend 4 years solely on the flying missions.

What is the topic you made titled?

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Yeah... You can complete it within a month and that's not too challenging if you go through walkthroughs, guides, etc.
Best of luck for that!

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Okay, either something is wrong with my game or the strategy guide. I am trying to do the Photo Ops and there is no icon on the bridge that leads out of San Fierro. Not to mention the numbers on the strategy guide are all screwed up.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 19:48)
I am trying to do the Photo Ops and there is no icon on the bridge that leads out of San Fierro.

Just keep taking photos in that area, until it registers. The icon simply doesn't appear there, as you're too far away.
Also, try to do the photos at night, there should be a light flashing, where the icons are.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 18:48)
Okay, either something is wrong with my game or the strategy guide.

The Guides usually have errors, not the game.

This is the best Map:
Snapshots Map
You can click on the Number to see the Photo Icon.

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I made whole LS episode in one day. So if you would play constantly, a few hours every day, it would be really possible to do it for 100%. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users